Should I tell a friend her boyfriend is cheating?

I would had already cut out the one that you’re calling your bestie and told the other girl if she has no issue sleeping with a taken man she do it with whoever she wants so in the future she could end up messing up one of your relationships as well :grimacing:

1 Like

Tell her, but have proof. Tell her that you are there to support her whether she chooses to leave or stay…

I don’t know if I would even want to keep that best friend anymore either.

1 Like

The main thing is now you know what type of person this new best friend is…I would tell her you’re going to tell the other girl and know that’s it for your friendship

Your are going to lose all those involved in the situation…they say don’t shoot the messenger but most likely you will get the blame for ruining everything…

I would follow my conscience.

Seems like a lose lose for you. If you tell she’ll be mad at you, if you don’t tell and she finds out you knows she’ll be mad :woman_shrugging:t3: tough call…

Would you want to know if it was the other way around? Personally I would tell her I have zero respect or loyalty to cheaters

Tell her but have proof like pictures of the 2 people together. If want to be told myself. I was cheated on a week after me and my 1st husband was married.

Why would you not??? Tell her and then support her decision. If she finds out you knew later you knew and didn’t say anything to could ruin your friendship as well.

If you dont talk all that much why create a circus? After telling comes accusations and jealousy. It’s called karma for a reason. Let her do her work.

Ask her if she’d want to know if boyfriend was cheating on her… try to just bring it up in conversation.

Years ago i was in that position with my best girlfriend’s husband,he came knocking at my door after the bar had closed wich my husband was working out of town and from this day i couldn’t tell about it and never did,but i didn’t open the door that night and told him that if he’s not going to his house i will tell her.At that momment he left.I’m pretty sure if it would of told her it would of ended awful so i kept it between us two ,I didn’t want to hurt her.

Me and my sister in law (her bros wife) both told us he was trying to cheat with us she wouldn’t believe and we had the messages

Your BFF is trash. Get a new one.
Do not tell this girl she’s being cheated on unless you have solid proof to back it up.

You need to tell her and get rid of the best friend.

1 Like

Say something. Out them both. And if your friend knew that he had a girlfriend and still got with him, dump her as a friend.

1 Like

Tell her but, have proof. People deserve to know when their partners are not being faithful.

1 Like

Agreed with the proof needed! Anything. Even if it’s old from when your bestie was inquiring about him and then supposedly dropped him. Everyone deserves the right to choose whether to stay or go. But at least you’ll be able to sleep at night.

1 Like

If my best friend was purposefully with a guy who already has a relationship and kids she wouldn’t be my best friends anymore

2 Likes

I would want to know

1 Like

Ok, so… here’s my feelings. You can take it or leave it. A best friend that knows that man is in a relationship with kids involved, has zero respect for you. Let me explain… when you told her you knew him and that he was with your friend, she straight up lied to you as you caught them in the act? She has no respect for relationships. Plus, if she is willing to do all of that along with lying to you, imagine what she could do behind your back and still lie to your face! People that have no problems lying will do anything to anyone as they have zero conscience about themselves. Also, when your friend finds out, who is to say that you won’t be drug into their web of lies? She may even see your man out cheating and since she knows he will do it, she may do it with him. I don’t do drama which is why I no longer have a bestie! She definitely is not someone I would want as a bestie because she’s looking to get more than just a black eye. JS

Ummmm obviouslyyyy Sophia Poulos

1 Like

Well I was cheated on and evryone new but me
So I would say yes
Tell her

2 Likes

Don’t leave her in the dark, she deserves to know the type of man she is with.

2 Likes

Would you wanna know if you were being cheated on? No. So tell her. Is your best friend sleeping w/ him KNOWING who he is? I’d tell your best friend that you’re going to tell the girlfriend first so that she isn’t blind sided but regardless. Tell. Don’t let that woman sit around looking stupid.

1 Like

I would tell her. I’ve been cheated on and he cheated on me with my ex best friend. She told me that made out and met at a party. It really hurt. (We’re still friends just not close anymore)

1 Like

Definitely tell you would want to know the truth too.

1 Like

Make him to her!! Tell him if he doesn’t you will.
It might hurt a little less coming from him.

2 Likes

Yes tell her a nd find a new bestie

1 Like

Shame on your best friend, I’d tell her to stop being a slut and fucking a taken man with kids, ewww, and I’d tell the bf that I knew, and either he fessed up or you would, give him 24 hours, I would so want to know, but youd need to have 100% definite proof, like them kissing or together or screenshots of messages of them admitting it. Honestly what is wrong with people, that’s soooo wrong.

If it was you would you want to know???

1 Like

I would say tell her. I would want someone to tell me in that situation. Cause I know how bad it hurts to be loyal to someone while getting cheated on. It hurts really bad.

1 Like

Tell her…there’s no reason for that

1 Like

I would want to know. Maybe a casual “sorry to hear y’all broke up…”???

3 Likes

I would tell her. I wouldn’t want to be left in the dark about something like this. Of course if yall aren’t on good terms then she might not believe you and he may have some kind of excuse and say that you are just trying to break them.up or something like that. At that point I would say at least you tried.

1 Like

Leave it alone it will all come out in the Wash

My ex-husband left town with one of my friends, who also happened to work with me. I found out after they left that EVERYONE at work knew what was going on but me. It was humiliating. Don’t get me wrong, I didn’t blame them for not telling me. But I wish someone would have before it blindsided me.

1 Like

I’d tell the ex friend. Both of these people know what they’re doing is wrong and don’t care. Your ex friend may shoot the messenger or just stay with him, but either way I think she deserves to know so she can make that choice herself. I just know I’d like to have a half decent person in my life who’d have the balls to tell me the truth, but that’s just my opinion

You ain’t goin tell her nothin she don’t already know … women know… we always know… may not know who, when, etc… but we know… she’s choosing to not see it… sayin anything jus goin put you in middle … now if yall was still bffs or on daily convo, I’d say yes tell her… but you not. So.

Tell her before your best friend gets your guy. That happened to me but I’m thankful it did because I could not be happier now! All I knew that my ex bff was hooking up with my other friend’s guy. I warned her but my cousin told me that she saw my bff inside my ex bf’s car getting cozy at the stop light. My ex bff got another child with another man who didn’t love her and left her for an older rich woman. My ex bf couldn’t move on even if he’s got his own family already l mean he’s still trying to message and call me so I blocked him.

I personally would want to know if I was being cheated on. I assume you “new” best friend knows your feelings on the situation and probably knows you don’t approve of her actions…and to top it off she lied to you and she now knows that you know she lied. You already look at her differently because of all of it…sit her down (or text her if you can’t do it face to face) and tell her that you feel guilty just knowing and that you need to tell you “old” best friend (I wouldn’t call her ex-best friend if she is still a friend, just not your bestie anymore). I’m sure you know what your old best friend would want to know and not know…even if she doesn’t believe you it’s in her hands now. It’s not like you benefit from it so there would be no reason to not believe you, but love is blind sometimes. Good luck in whatever you decide but make sure it’s something that you are at ease with.

Tell her, you’d want her to tell you if you was in the same boat.
So you could find true respect and happiness

Your best friend is dating someone who is with your ex friend… you told the best friend that he is with so and so and they have a family. Then lied about cutting the ties. First off she lied because she’s ashamed. Secondly, your best friend’s character speaks volumes. Go to the best friend in text and let her know you saw them together. She will more than likely lie. But I’d also tell your former friend that you seen him with someone and ask if they are still together. You stated she’s a former or ex friend. Do you know for sure they are still together? All in all it’s a tough situation. You are going to have to accept that you will lose a friend because of this. It’s not your fault you were put in the middle when your best friend decided to go in public with the scum bag. Your former (or estranged) friend could get upset with you for knowing this and not telling her. It’s a lose lose because then your so called best friend will be upset with you for telling her. Better question is, do you really want a friend that does that in your life? She’s obviously a liar.

I dunno… would YOU wanna know?

She deserves to know what’s going on, she may get mad at you at first and may not believe you but it will open her eyes to the fact that something is going on with him.

Oh hell no i would stop being friends with your bestfriend i dont condone in this things so disrespectful homewrecker . I would tell your friend what is going on .

Shes gonna be pissed because you knew your “bestie” was screwing him. Either way, you’ve lost your friend for good. I know I would want nothing to do with you when I found out you KNEW and continued being friends with her. So, Tell her. You’ve lost her friendship either way.

Tell her. Would you want her to tell you?

Contact him tell him you know and he needs to stop or tell her or you will. Or when you see her ‘sorry things didn’t work out between you two’ All of my husband’s friends knew. I had suspicions anyway though.

I mean I’ve told a guy I didn’t even care for that my friend was cheating on him. You just don’t do that, there’s no reason and it does nothing but hurt people. She deserves to know. And honestly your best friend is a hoe for doing it knowingly… if I were your ex best friend I would beat her up lol

I would definitely tell her in the most lovingly way possible, once you know that you have official proof. She deserves to know. And if your best friend was truly a good “friend”, I don’t think she’d have been willing to put you in the middle of that situation. No one should be cheated on, and her knowing hooking up with someone in a relationship isn’t an honest or loyal person. You told her he was already in a relationship, so she knew… yet continued to be with him behind his girlfriend’s back and your back. Your friend that you’ve lost touch with deserves honesty, peace of mind, and closure from a disloyal partner. And you deserve a friend who doesn’t put you in such a position.

Put yourself in the gfs shoes…you would want to know

1 Like

I would tell. I would also re-evaluate what you want in a BEST FRIEND. Seems like a shady girl with no morals since she knows about the other girl and the kids. Yes, I would tell her. Screw that. Because I would hope someone would tell me.

8 Likes

Yes you tell her and let your bff know that you are about to do it or did. be prepared to lose your bff and maybe the other friend but either way do the right thing.

3 Likes

Nope. You risk losing your friend. Don’t care how long you are friends. It’s likely he’ll lie and she’ll believe him. OR, she’ll forgive him and take him back and you won’t be wanted around. My advice. Let her find that crap out on her own.

So my recommendation is to set up a way for her to see for herself. I have watched people telling stuff and it creates bigger issues. If you really care you set it up for her to see for herself or let it go.

Your girlfriend is wrong for that PERIODT!!! And shows her character. I wouldn’t trust her anymore if I were you. Also Distance shouldn’t define you friendship and you go from saying you guys are still friends to ex friends?! and I think u should talk to the guy to tell her and if not tell him u will be the one to break it to her

Find a way to tell her about her man anonymously. Have someone else mention it…fake fb lol. Something. Dont say with who hes cheating just hes cheating

1 Like

I would tell her if she doesn’t believe you that’s sadly on her. At least you were decent enough to tell her.

I would tell. I would want some one to tell me that I’m wasting my life being a good partner to someone who doesnt care. I would also get a new best friend. she lied to you about a guy you told her not to date. if she can do that she would sleep with your man too. there are so many men out there she should have respected the other woman.

I personally would want to know. if you consider her a good friend even if yall dont talk alot you should tell her cuz that’s what friends are for. I’d cut ties with ur so called best friend cuz a friend dont lie to you

3 Likes

If you’re calling her a friend and not telling her then you aren’t much of a friend in my opinion…tell your friend

I would tell. Would you want to be cheated on and one of your friends know? I would lay it all out there. Your “best friend” should of never of put you in this position. She should of cut the guy off but she chose not to.

2 Likes

Put yourself in her situation you would want to know. There’s your answer.

1 Like

Send a note in the mail even better if u have a pic to prove it don’t sign it

Yes & watch your other friend around your husband… JS :woman_shrugging:t3:

10 Likes

Collect evidence as she may not believe you, mail her the evidence or the letter with no return name/address. I would want to know. Don’t yourself in the crossfire.

4 Likes

Do what your heart tells u. As a woman u would appreciate it if another women came forward with solid information on your significant other.

1 Like

Yes 100% if you was a true friend you would say something

1 Like

I’d want to know. And if I was in your position, I’d tell her.

Mind Your Own Business

Ask yourself would you want someone to tell you ?
My answer would be yes

I would want to know, yes it would hurt Her but at least we will know

Chances are she already knows or suspects something is wrong. Interfering in anothers relationship, even with good intentions, rarely ends well.

Make sure you go to her with 100% proof. Be prepared to lose your best friend.

Tell her, and tell her everything. I would want to know that two people I’m supposed to be able to trust (my bf AND my friend) are both betraying me, especially that they’re knowingly doing so together. She deserves a better man AND a better friend. And honestly, you do too. The fact that your best friend would put you into that situation to begin with is abhorrent and doesn’t really make her a good friend to you either.

Also, to be honest, your friend may not even believe you and may be angry. She’ll feel violated and you’ll be close so she may take that immediate hurt out on you. But let her know you’re here for her and leave it at that, and she’ll learn that she CAN trust you. It may take time, but let her heal.

1 Like

Would you want to know? If you said yes then tell her!!:blush:

1 Like

YES!! Tell her if you know for sure , it hurts worse to know that everyone knew he was a cheater except you !! Speaking from experience

1 Like

I would so tell , and let your bestie know you are gonna say something for it’s not right plus screw your bestie if she already knew about the other and the kids to me she’s no more than a tramp and you need to watch her with your man .

4 Likes

I would want to know.

I would only do it if you have actual proof or can get actual proof. It’s liable to just start a fight if you can’t prove it and it’s just hear say at that point and she will believe him over you. I agree completely that she needs to know, just gotta go about it to where there will be no doubts. Do you have actual proof?

Simple, tell the truth.

1 Like

Mind
Ur
Own
Relationship

4 Likes

I would want to know however do not be surprised if it all comes back onto you, people love to shoot the messenger

1 Like

Well, wouldnt you want to be told? or would you prefer someone not to tell you, so they can stay loyal… ?

1 Like

This is a very tough situation! But your so called Best friend LIED TO YOUR FACE! He’s in the wrong ! If my man was cheating, woman to woman I’d want to know.

Your best friend is a POS. You know the answer already. That’s why its playing on your conscience.

1 Like

Definitely tell your old BFF and ditch the new one she’s a tramp.

5 Likes

Maybe figure out a way to tell her unanimously. Also, I wouldn’t trust your best friend because she’s fooling around with her man. What’s to say she won’t fool around with yours? Your friend is also a liar. I wouldn’t trust her since she’s already lied to you. Your ex-friend needs to know that her boyfriend is a lying cheater.

2 Likes

Tell her, but get proof first. Perhaps record an in-person convo about what happened with ur bestie. Otherwise, it’s a she said/she said scenario. And suggest to ur friend who’s getting cheated on, that she get tested for sexual diseases. Who knows if her hubby’s been with anyone else. Better safe than sorry. Btw, ur best friend sounds like a real loser. U don’t. I wish u luck. Been in a similar spot before. My friend didn’t believe me, when I told her about her fiance propositioning me for sex and horrible things he said about her, because I didn’t get proof first. It ruined our friendship. I was devastated. Hindsight’s always 20/20. Get proof.

Ask yourself… would you want to know if your boyfriend was cheating on you? I would wanna know. Do the right thing and tell this poor girl what this horrible lying cheating snake is doing to her behind her back!

If it’s me yes please

I would tell her. I think you know that’s right because it’s weighing on your conscience. Is your new best friend the kind of person you really want in your life. Would you trust her with your boyfriend? Probably not!!

goodluck! Damned if you do damned if you don’t!

2 Likes

Oh my god, tell the poor girl. Why is this a question. Your bf knows what they are doing is wrong and continues to do it so she clearly doesn’t care. He’s a pos. They deserve each other. Tell her.

Just ask yourself if it’s kind , necessary, and honest

1 Like

Sounds like ur bestie deserves the cheating bastard. Yes, tell her!

1 Like

Ok, so, I’m a more of a show and tell person. I’d try to find out when bff and cheater are going out and to where. Then I’d suggest to the old friend that they meet me at the same time/place to ‘catch up’. Then you’re telling her with out telling her. Let the chips fall where they may. I should note that I have done this (sadly) a time or two and it seems to be easier than trying to explain, prove, etc., via a convo.

2 Likes