Should I tell a friend her boyfriend is cheating?

I personally would want to know if I was being cheated on. I assume you “new” best friend knows your feelings on the situation and probably knows you don’t approve of her actions…and to top it off she lied to you and she now knows that you know she lied. You already look at her differently because of all of it…sit her down (or text her if you can’t do it face to face) and tell her that you feel guilty just knowing and that you need to tell you “old” best friend (I wouldn’t call her ex-best friend if she is still a friend, just not your bestie anymore). I’m sure you know what your old best friend would want to know and not know…even if she doesn’t believe you it’s in her hands now. It’s not like you benefit from it so there would be no reason to not believe you, but love is blind sometimes. Good luck in whatever you decide but make sure it’s something that you are at ease with.

Tell her, you’d want her to tell you if you was in the same boat.
So you could find true respect and happiness

Your best friend is dating someone who is with your ex friend… you told the best friend that he is with so and so and they have a family. Then lied about cutting the ties. First off she lied because she’s ashamed. Secondly, your best friend’s character speaks volumes. Go to the best friend in text and let her know you saw them together. She will more than likely lie. But I’d also tell your former friend that you seen him with someone and ask if they are still together. You stated she’s a former or ex friend. Do you know for sure they are still together? All in all it’s a tough situation. You are going to have to accept that you will lose a friend because of this. It’s not your fault you were put in the middle when your best friend decided to go in public with the scum bag. Your former (or estranged) friend could get upset with you for knowing this and not telling her. It’s a lose lose because then your so called best friend will be upset with you for telling her. Better question is, do you really want a friend that does that in your life? She’s obviously a liar.

I dunno… would YOU wanna know?

She deserves to know what’s going on, she may get mad at you at first and may not believe you but it will open her eyes to the fact that something is going on with him.

Oh hell no i would stop being friends with your bestfriend i dont condone in this things so disrespectful homewrecker . I would tell your friend what is going on .

Shes gonna be pissed because you knew your “bestie” was screwing him. Either way, you’ve lost your friend for good. I know I would want nothing to do with you when I found out you KNEW and continued being friends with her. So, Tell her. You’ve lost her friendship either way.

Tell her. Would you want her to tell you?

Contact him tell him you know and he needs to stop or tell her or you will. Or when you see her ‘sorry things didn’t work out between you two’ All of my husband’s friends knew. I had suspicions anyway though.

I mean I’ve told a guy I didn’t even care for that my friend was cheating on him. You just don’t do that, there’s no reason and it does nothing but hurt people. She deserves to know. And honestly your best friend is a hoe for doing it knowingly… if I were your ex best friend I would beat her up lol

I would definitely tell her in the most lovingly way possible, once you know that you have official proof. She deserves to know. And if your best friend was truly a good “friend”, I don’t think she’d have been willing to put you in the middle of that situation. No one should be cheated on, and her knowing hooking up with someone in a relationship isn’t an honest or loyal person. You told her he was already in a relationship, so she knew… yet continued to be with him behind his girlfriend’s back and your back. Your friend that you’ve lost touch with deserves honesty, peace of mind, and closure from a disloyal partner. And you deserve a friend who doesn’t put you in such a position.

Put yourself in the gfs shoes…you would want to know

1 Like

I would tell. I would also re-evaluate what you want in a BEST FRIEND. Seems like a shady girl with no morals since she knows about the other girl and the kids. Yes, I would tell her. Screw that. Because I would hope someone would tell me.

8 Likes

Yes you tell her and let your bff know that you are about to do it or did. be prepared to lose your bff and maybe the other friend but either way do the right thing.

3 Likes

Nope. You risk losing your friend. Don’t care how long you are friends. It’s likely he’ll lie and she’ll believe him. OR, she’ll forgive him and take him back and you won’t be wanted around. My advice. Let her find that crap out on her own.

So my recommendation is to set up a way for her to see for herself. I have watched people telling stuff and it creates bigger issues. If you really care you set it up for her to see for herself or let it go.

Your girlfriend is wrong for that PERIODT!!! And shows her character. I wouldn’t trust her anymore if I were you. Also Distance shouldn’t define you friendship and you go from saying you guys are still friends to ex friends?! and I think u should talk to the guy to tell her and if not tell him u will be the one to break it to her

Find a way to tell her about her man anonymously. Have someone else mention it…fake fb lol. Something. Dont say with who hes cheating just hes cheating

1 Like

I would tell her if she doesn’t believe you that’s sadly on her. At least you were decent enough to tell her.

I would tell. I would want some one to tell me that I’m wasting my life being a good partner to someone who doesnt care. I would also get a new best friend. she lied to you about a guy you told her not to date. if she can do that she would sleep with your man too. there are so many men out there she should have respected the other woman.

I personally would want to know. if you consider her a good friend even if yall dont talk alot you should tell her cuz that’s what friends are for. I’d cut ties with ur so called best friend cuz a friend dont lie to you

3 Likes

If you’re calling her a friend and not telling her then you aren’t much of a friend in my opinion…tell your friend

I would tell. Would you want to be cheated on and one of your friends know? I would lay it all out there. Your “best friend” should of never of put you in this position. She should of cut the guy off but she chose not to.

2 Likes

Put yourself in her situation you would want to know. There’s your answer.

1 Like

Send a note in the mail even better if u have a pic to prove it don’t sign it

Yes & watch your other friend around your husband… JS :woman_shrugging:t3:

10 Likes

Collect evidence as she may not believe you, mail her the evidence or the letter with no return name/address. I would want to know. Don’t yourself in the crossfire.

4 Likes

Do what your heart tells u. As a woman u would appreciate it if another women came forward with solid information on your significant other.

1 Like

Yes 100% if you was a true friend you would say something

1 Like

I’d want to know. And if I was in your position, I’d tell her.

Mind Your Own Business

Ask yourself would you want someone to tell you ?
My answer would be yes

I would want to know, yes it would hurt Her but at least we will know

Chances are she already knows or suspects something is wrong. Interfering in anothers relationship, even with good intentions, rarely ends well.

Make sure you go to her with 100% proof. Be prepared to lose your best friend.

Tell her, and tell her everything. I would want to know that two people I’m supposed to be able to trust (my bf AND my friend) are both betraying me, especially that they’re knowingly doing so together. She deserves a better man AND a better friend. And honestly, you do too. The fact that your best friend would put you into that situation to begin with is abhorrent and doesn’t really make her a good friend to you either.

Also, to be honest, your friend may not even believe you and may be angry. She’ll feel violated and you’ll be close so she may take that immediate hurt out on you. But let her know you’re here for her and leave it at that, and she’ll learn that she CAN trust you. It may take time, but let her heal.

1 Like

Would you want to know? If you said yes then tell her!!:blush:

1 Like

YES!! Tell her if you know for sure , it hurts worse to know that everyone knew he was a cheater except you !! Speaking from experience

1 Like

I would so tell , and let your bestie know you are gonna say something for it’s not right plus screw your bestie if she already knew about the other and the kids to me she’s no more than a tramp and you need to watch her with your man .

4 Likes

I would want to know.

I would only do it if you have actual proof or can get actual proof. It’s liable to just start a fight if you can’t prove it and it’s just hear say at that point and she will believe him over you. I agree completely that she needs to know, just gotta go about it to where there will be no doubts. Do you have actual proof?

Simple, tell the truth.

1 Like

Mind
Ur
Own
Relationship

4 Likes

I would want to know however do not be surprised if it all comes back onto you, people love to shoot the messenger

1 Like

Well, wouldnt you want to be told? or would you prefer someone not to tell you, so they can stay loyal… ?

1 Like

This is a very tough situation! But your so called Best friend LIED TO YOUR FACE! He’s in the wrong ! If my man was cheating, woman to woman I’d want to know.

Your best friend is a POS. You know the answer already. That’s why its playing on your conscience.

1 Like

Definitely tell your old BFF and ditch the new one she’s a tramp.

5 Likes

Maybe figure out a way to tell her unanimously. Also, I wouldn’t trust your best friend because she’s fooling around with her man. What’s to say she won’t fool around with yours? Your friend is also a liar. I wouldn’t trust her since she’s already lied to you. Your ex-friend needs to know that her boyfriend is a lying cheater.

2 Likes

Tell her, but get proof first. Perhaps record an in-person convo about what happened with ur bestie. Otherwise, it’s a she said/she said scenario. And suggest to ur friend who’s getting cheated on, that she get tested for sexual diseases. Who knows if her hubby’s been with anyone else. Better safe than sorry. Btw, ur best friend sounds like a real loser. U don’t. I wish u luck. Been in a similar spot before. My friend didn’t believe me, when I told her about her fiance propositioning me for sex and horrible things he said about her, because I didn’t get proof first. It ruined our friendship. I was devastated. Hindsight’s always 20/20. Get proof.

Ask yourself… would you want to know if your boyfriend was cheating on you? I would wanna know. Do the right thing and tell this poor girl what this horrible lying cheating snake is doing to her behind her back!

If it’s me yes please

I would tell her. I think you know that’s right because it’s weighing on your conscience. Is your new best friend the kind of person you really want in your life. Would you trust her with your boyfriend? Probably not!!

goodluck! Damned if you do damned if you don’t!

2 Likes

Oh my god, tell the poor girl. Why is this a question. Your bf knows what they are doing is wrong and continues to do it so she clearly doesn’t care. He’s a pos. They deserve each other. Tell her.

Just ask yourself if it’s kind , necessary, and honest

1 Like

Sounds like ur bestie deserves the cheating bastard. Yes, tell her!

1 Like

Ok, so, I’m a more of a show and tell person. I’d try to find out when bff and cheater are going out and to where. Then I’d suggest to the old friend that they meet me at the same time/place to ‘catch up’. Then you’re telling her with out telling her. Let the chips fall where they may. I should note that I have done this (sadly) a time or two and it seems to be easier than trying to explain, prove, etc., via a convo.

2 Likes

Ask yourself what if the role where switched and you where the person being cheated on

Mind your own business and look at finding decent friends.

Tell the boyfriend to confess OR you will tell her, I would want to know, truth hurts but LIES hurt more, IMO you not telling her is considered a lie every time you see her

I did this once, found out that my friend’s husband was cheating on her. I told her what I knew. It backfired and she stayed with her husband and she and I are no longer friends because in her eyes I should have just kept what I knew to myself. Her husband denied the accusations and she chose to believe him. I heard from a mutual friend that she and her husband are now divorced, however, I am still concerned “the bad friend” who ruined her marriage. Damned if you do and damned if you don’t. I learned to mind my own business from there on out.

Personally I would want to know. You have to decide what you can live with. Even though your bestie is in the wrong more than likely this will strain or end your relationship. No big loss in my opinion.

I would tell them I would want to know my husband cheated on me twice I left his ass

Yes tell her! She deserves to know the truth!!

I say no because if u tell all hell breaks lose then down the road they work it out and u are to blame cause u told. U will loses a friendship a friendship for sure

Your bestie is a shitty person. There are kids involved. Do the right thing! This woman would sleep with your bf in a heartbeat as well. Trust me. Ditch the best friend. Tell on them!

1 Like

Well let me put it like this. If you were in her shoes and she in yours would you want to hear it from a loving friend or find out from a stranger and then find out a so called friend knew and didn’t tell you???

3 Likes

Yes I’d want to know. Take video or pic, for proof. And just straight up tell her, your boyfriend is dating my best friend

Tell your friend. She deserves to know.

1 Like

Already been through this with my ex best friend. Tell the friend. Drop the best friend because who is to say she wouldn’t cheat with your man. They deserve each other. Be there for your other friend as she is going to need support after finding out the truth.

Always be honest! === or write letter to her if you Don’t want To tell. Scum who cheated needs ditching

I would respect the person that told me the truth no one wants to be cheated on and it’s my life and I would want to know if it was turned around wouldn’t you wanna know

Would you like to know if your partner was cheating on you?Do the right thing.

Tell…she knows in her heart.Will confirm like on cheaters.So she can move on.

You need proof. Unless you plan to bring the three of them to one place and hope there is a confession then evidence is necessary. I would drop the bestie like a bad habit. Females like that aren’t good to keep around.

The people telling you to mind your business clearly have no morals and probably have been the ‘other women’ more than once. Tell your friend, imagine if that was happening to you. Also, I’d keep a close eye on that best friend of yours.

Would you wanna know?

Your best friend has no character or integrity. I’d stop associating with her. If that’s the person she is then she cant be a good friend. Especially behind your back. Tell your old friend what’s going on. Put yourself in her shoes. Would you want to know or be ok with someone you know knowing what your husband was doing and just choose not to tell you.

1 Like

Yes, I’d want to know. Honestly, you’re gonna hurt the one being cheated on more in the long run by not saying anything. They deserve to know and not be continually lied to. Also get a new best friend…yours is a homewrecking whore with poor character and morals. I had this happen and I completely cut off everyone who didn’t have the balls to tell me the truth. Why? Because it showed their character and the people they truly are as much as it showed his. I have to think they were never really my friends. They essentially lied to my face by omission (what they weren’t saying) so they’re also liars. And those aren’t people I’d want to have in my circle or around my daughter. Do the right thing.

He probably going to deny cheating if or when you tell her

Yes tell her. I hope all goes well

Idc what the situation is , who’s friends with who or whatever I WOULD want to know. Would you want to know??? Just know you may lose someone’s friendship but I wouldn’t wanna be walking around looking like an idiot while my bf is making nice with someone else.

You’re caught in the middle, tell one friend and lose the other. Stay quiet and support whoever needs you when it comes out (it always does). You could reconnect with the old friend and invite her to your place with the other friend and let her happen upon them. You’re not guilty or accused of being jealous of them. So many ways this could go wrong for YOU, weigh each option and how they will react. Sometimes just being there for them is enough, meantime go about life without too much interactions with either one. Good Luck!!

This is easy. Put yourself in the position of the woman being cheated on, what would you want done, now do that.

1 Like

Tell him to fess up or you will…

This is a hard one. If the ex friend thinks her relationship with this man is a good one she wont believe u. I would personally tell her anyway. That way when it does come out, and it always does, u wont b in the position of knowing and not saying anything. And the friend he is cheating with shouldnt b a bestie anymore. If she will sink low enuf to do this what else would she do?? Next man she is with just might b urs

You can tell about your friend but just becarefull it could go wrong

I think I would want to know what’s going on I’m mean literally if I was being cheated on its not.fair not.too know.id want to know then end it

Ask yourself if you’d be upset if everyone knew before you. You’d want to know. Always tell.

1 Like

Tell the friend what’s going with bf and douchey bestie.
Otherwise you’re as guilty as an accomplice.

1 Like

Been in this spot before. Giving advice to tell the girl, and guess what, it was ME they was talking about!!and guess what?I THANKED HER A MILLION TIMES AND STILL REMIND HER HOW THANKFUL I AM SHE HAD MY BACK.
Do the morally right thing. SING LIKE A BIRD BABES

I would keep out of it to be honest x

Tell your friend she is being cheated on. You might loss both friends but at least you have your integrity intact. Your friend doing the cheating is not much of a friend if she has put her needs first before you and the other family involved.

2 Likes

Hell yea! Girl code!!

3 Likes

Get proof then tell pictures say a thousand words, as most people bullshit their way to make the other person keep then in their life and most times its the messenger that gets told to piss off and end of friendship.

I don’t have friends. I have associates. Friends will stab you in the back. I would just stay out of it .

I would want to know

2 Likes

Well … 1) I wouldn’t stay friends with a chick who chose to hookup with a taken man 2) I was the woman cheated on…she deserves to know. If she doesn’t believe you, that’s on her. At least she was told.

5 Likes