Should I tell a friend her boyfriend is cheating?

Wrong is wrong an right is right no matter who it is would you want her to tell you if your boyfriend was cheating on you?

1 Like

Yes you should tell her. Girl code. Regardless if you havenā€™t talked for months or yeara

2 Likes

I would chastise my best friend for knowingly going with a man she knows has a family. Iā€™d speak to the man in question and tell him to tell his partner before you do. Then Iā€™d give him a couple of days and contact your friend explaining what you know. I had to tell a friend her partner of 10+ years was sending me inappropriate messages. It was awful to do and as weā€™d only been friends around a year at that time, I was convinced she would resent me and stick with the father of her children. But I had to do it. Fast forward 6 years, he is gone and we are best friends. It brought us closer together as she knows she can always trust me and vice versa. Listen to your gut and do the right thing. Good luck.

1 Like

Tell you friend that her boyfriend is cheating and your best friend has no morals so would not want to be involved with someone like that

2 Likes

Sounds like your bff is messy. You need to realize if sheā€™d do it to another womanā€¦ Sheā€™d do it to you. Iā€™d tell my old friend what her husbandā€™s doing.

7 Likes

Always tellā€¦ Even if you cant stand the person anymore. You would want to know if it was you in that situation

1 Like

I would want to know. Itll suck and sheā€™ll be really hurt but Iā€™d rather know then be the last to find out

Unless you know 100% for sure, Iā€™d stay quiet.

If shes truly your friend,tell her.Your friendship will change as well.She may hate you for telling her.

1 Like

Hell yes tell her if you donā€™t you will regret it and karma just might get you in same way think about it if it was turned around and she didnā€™t tell you how would you fill tell her

1 Like

I have told females about a dude betraying them/cheating on them/talking bad about them. Almost everytime the girl would believe their dudes story and then Iā€™d get called a liar and so on. So anymore if I find out some shady stuff I just say not my business not my problem. Some girls dont care if they look stupid af.

5 Likes

Mind your own. Your gonna be in the middle of someone elseā€™s drama. Itā€™s sad but some way some how you will come out to blame. Stay out of it. You see and know nothing.

3 Likes

I would want to know, but I understand you trying to be loyal. Right is right, and wrong is wrong. Your bff is dead wrong. I wouldnā€™t even want a friend with no morals like that.

8 Likes

I would say tell her but make sure you have some proof because the friend might think your just causing drama for no reason

2 Likes

I would say something bc Iā€™d want her to tell me. No idea how she will handle it or best friend about staying silent makes you wrong. If your best friend RESPECTED you she wouldnā€™t put you in that place to begin with.

2 Likes

Wow I would just tell her and straight forward

Get concrete proof first, the men lie & fool, & smoothed talk & he will have his mistress lie to her
Been their

3 Likes

Easy answerā€¦would you want someone to tell you?

2 Likes

She already knows and you the messenger will be shot too. Iā€™m just speaking from my own personal experience

My best friend did this to her fiance. I knew. I told her to either break it off or tell him or i would. I gave her months to do it. She didnā€™t. I told him. She and i are still friends. He and i are friends. Give them a chance to do the right thing.

2 Likes

Lying to me is the worst thing someone can do. Obviously the friendship of the woman cheating doesnā€™t value you, or she would respect you enough to do the moral thing. If itā€™s eating away at you, the more you ignore it the worse youā€™ll feel. You sit with your thoughts 24/7.

On more than 1 occasion I have told friends they are being cheated on. They disbelieve at first, but over time they come to their senses. They do come back and thank me. Sometimes later than sooner but I sleep better at night knowing I did the right thing.

Maybe first ask that friend whose being cheated on if "she would want someone to tell her if her bf ever cheats ". It will open the door to make the convo easier. Have compassion and understanding but be there. Chances are, she will answer with yes, why do you know something? Thatā€™s when you tell her. If she gets mad then you can use the honesty to your advantage by being so.

I wish you luck. I hope you tell her.

Yes tell her she needs to knowā€™also get proof if you can.

I would tell but be prepared to loose both friends, I personally wouldnā€™t want a best friend whoā€™s willing to cheat with someone though because her morals wouldnā€™t prevent her from doing the same to you :woman_shrugging:t2:

5 Likes

Look if your bff will hook up with someone elseā€™s man, sheā€™ll hook up with yours too. A homewrecker is a homewreckerā€¦ Cut ties with her, tell the girl about her bf cheating. Youā€™ll have a clear conscience and one less trifling ho in your life.

6 Likes

What if t was you this was happening to ā€¦ Youā€™d want to know ā€¦
1 Like

Your ā€œbest friendā€ is a twat. Tell your other friend, just tell her exactly what happened ā€œhey, I caught your bf with someone I know. I thought you should know.ā€ She can do whatever she wants with that info. People who ā€œdonā€™t get involvedā€, do you take that approach with abuse too? :roll_eyes: See something, say something.

1 Like

Nah I would tell the girl, your friend doesnt seem like a very decent person. Same as the dude. Regardless id have my friends back but id stop once she started hurting someone else.

A few years back I had a friend try to tell me that my bf at the time (husband now) was cheating on me with a girl at work. But I trust him completely and know heā€™s a hard worker that he doesnā€™t really do anything at work. I even talked to him and told him what she said and he confirmed that I was right in telling her she was wrong. I even asked her for a name and proof and a description of who she was but she couldnā€™t give it to me so I knew she was lying. So I would be 100% sure before you mention it and get proof. Or donā€™t bother. It could really lose the friendship. Iā€™d also cut ties with the friend who is cheating.

Better yet think of it this way, no matter how much it hurt wouldent you want someone to tell you

1 Like

Ask yourself 2 questions. Are you 100% sure exactly what heā€™s doing? Would you want someone to tell you? Go from there and do what you think is best.

If you want to go about it discreetly get one of those wifi phone numbers and tell from there and have specific info to give

1 Like

Iā€™d tell my best friend that she could tell the girl or I will :woman_shrugging:t3:

Donā€™t get involved. Get new friends.

Your bff is so wrong for this especially knowing you know the girl and she knows he had a family absolutely tell the other women but be prepared to lose your friend :woman_shrugging:t4: honestly sheā€™s trash I wouldnā€™t want a friend like that anyway tbh

1 Like

Proof or not, I would want someone to tell me. Evidence to backup your claim would make her believe it and not just brush it off as a lie.

You BFF is also just as shitty of a person as the guy in question. No, itā€™s not her responsibility to make him stay honest, but she KNOWS she is going to mess up his childrenā€™s lives and doesnā€™t care. Thatā€™s some pretty good signs of narcissism. I know you say she is your best friend, but Iā€™d be questioning my friendship with her also.

Do u have any proof if u do sit her down express ur concern and tell her whatā€™s up showing her the proof. If not she may just think ur causing havoc unless similar things have happened and youā€™ve told her n she actually listened

Mind your own business.

I get loyalty but not when ones intentionally home wrecking, thatā€™s where my loyalty ends. Yes, you need to tell her what you know and what you saw. Some women will appreciative it. if you canā€™t face to face, Send a private letterā€¦ having proof is better. Have your bf admit it on msgs and send the ss with the letterā€¦

1 Like

Ask yourself this: is it hindering your life or interfering with it (other than you knowing) if not leave it be.
If you do tell then be prepared to lose bothā€¦but then again if you dont and 1 finds out you knewā€¦you may lose that friend anyway.

I would make sure I had proof in some way , I then would tell my BF I plan on not keeping this from a Friend and give the man the chance to tell on himself. Then if he or she didnā€™t I would let my Friend know possibly right in front of her husband.

First off your ā€œbestieā€ isnā€™t much of a true friend to point blank lie to you so she has no limits or morals either stepping on into a relationship with a guy she knew was involved with another woman with kids in tow - thatā€™s just a crap thing to do to anyone - some say the other friend already knows but if she did she would have probably told you about it - I would let her know so that she and her children can roll on without the pos that is cheating with your pos bestie - itā€™s heartbreaking all the way around - wouldnā€™t you want to be told about the situation - good luck hun and maybe find you a better more honest bestie.

1 Like

Your ex bestfriend deserves to know for her and the childrens sake. If i was in your position i would be telling her straight out and cutting ties with the current bestfriend because shes obviously a home wrecker and has no heart knowing his in a relationship and has kids and how would she feel if she was in the other womens shoes having to tell the kids there dad and her have split to his stupidness

Tell her, but you need proof first. He will lie his way out of it without proof, and she will want to believe him because the alternative will hurt.

You can get an app that gives you a new number where ppl can text and call while still keeping your old number.

1 Like

I would tell her, especially if your best friend KNOWS what theyā€™re doing.

Your best friend would do the same thing to you if you had someone she wantedā€¦ you need to clear your conscienceā€¦tell it.

Of course you should speak up.

Iā€™ve been in this situation and I told. Iā€™m actually still best friends with my bestfriend today lolā€¦ but it was for the good because it actually pushed our other friend to get out as the bf was abusive and now she is doing really good with life and a new love.

Tell her. Itā€™s the right thing to do. Youā€™d want to know and if sheā€™d cheat with him knowing heā€™s in a relationship she would do it with your man, too.

There is 2 sides to every story, honestly I would want to know but I would ask for proof,so be careful on how u handle it and be prepared to lose friends and me to this day I donā€™t know if I would get involved,either way your going to be a bad guy

I would want a stranger to tell me, I EXPECT a friend to tell
Me. If you know for sure, have the proof. Screenshots. Photos. Whatever. Have it to show.

No. I would rat her out. She straight up lied to you. Not to mention she is disrespectful. She sounds like she has no regards for anyone but herself. How would you feel if she started to sleep with your man??? I donā€™t respect people who cheat. I ratted my own mother outā€¦ Just make sure you have proofā€¦

Tell your old friend the truth and allow her to choose what she does with the truth xx

1 Like

I would tell her it happened to me but i was married to him i didnt find out til he passed away otherwise i would have left him sooner had i known we were separated at the time he died

Doesnt sound like a good personā€¦shes a home wrecker. Shes messing with a guy who is with someone and they have kids. Thatā€™s garbage. I would for sure tell the girl what u knowā€¦I also wouldnā€™t care if I lost this bestieā€¦shes not a good person if shes ok with doing something horrible like that to someone. You old friends deserves the truth regardless of what happened between you two.

1 Like

I would tell, but be ready for the reaction.

That is not true. Some people are so in love. Thatā€™s why they do not see the cheating from the other partner. Think about yourself. Would you want to be told but I would have facts in hand. The times the date if you have any I also would tell her the whole situation then I would tell my best friend that you donā€™t condone it and that due to the fact she is your friend that you told her because you would want to be told. If she is no longer your best friend. Oh well. Because I really wouldnā€™t want to be best friends with someone whoā€™s lying to me and who would cheat with somebody that has another family.

I donā€™t tell other peopleā€™s business, but Iā€™d encourage those involved to do the right thing (break it off and tell)

Tell her. Drop your best friend.

2 Likes

I would had already cut out the one that youā€™re calling your bestie and told the other girl if she has no issue sleeping with a taken man she do it with whoever she wants so in the future she could end up messing up one of your relationships as well :grimacing:

1 Like

Tell her, but have proof. Tell her that you are there to support her whether she chooses to leave or stayā€¦

I donā€™t know if I would even want to keep that best friend anymore either.

1 Like

The main thing is now you know what type of person this new best friend isā€¦I would tell her youā€™re going to tell the other girl and know thatā€™s it for your friendship

Your are going to lose all those involved in the situationā€¦they say donā€™t shoot the messenger but most likely you will get the blame for ruining everythingā€¦

I would follow my conscience.

Seems like a lose lose for you. If you tell sheā€™ll be mad at you, if you donā€™t tell and she finds out you knows sheā€™ll be mad :woman_shrugging:t3: tough callā€¦

Would you want to know if it was the other way around? Personally I would tell her I have zero respect or loyalty to cheaters

Tell her but have proof like pictures of the 2 people together. If want to be told myself. I was cheated on a week after me and my 1st husband was married.

Why would you not??? Tell her and then support her decision. If she finds out you knew later you knew and didnā€™t say anything to could ruin your friendship as well.

If you dont talk all that much why create a circus? After telling comes accusations and jealousy. Itā€™s called karma for a reason. Let her do her work.

Ask her if sheā€™d want to know if boyfriend was cheating on herā€¦ try to just bring it up in conversation.

Years ago i was in that position with my best girlfriendā€™s husband,he came knocking at my door after the bar had closed wich my husband was working out of town and from this day i couldnā€™t tell about it and never did,but i didnā€™t open the door that night and told him that if heā€™s not going to his house i will tell her.At that momment he left.Iā€™m pretty sure if it would of told her it would of ended awful so i kept it between us two ,I didnā€™t want to hurt her.

Me and my sister in law (her bros wife) both told us he was trying to cheat with us she wouldnā€™t believe and we had the messages

Your BFF is trash. Get a new one.
Do not tell this girl sheā€™s being cheated on unless you have solid proof to back it up.

You need to tell her and get rid of the best friend.

1 Like

Say something. Out them both. And if your friend knew that he had a girlfriend and still got with him, dump her as a friend.

1 Like

Tell her but, have proof. People deserve to know when their partners are not being faithful.

1 Like

Agreed with the proof needed! Anything. Even if itā€™s old from when your bestie was inquiring about him and then supposedly dropped him. Everyone deserves the right to choose whether to stay or go. But at least youā€™ll be able to sleep at night.

1 Like

If my best friend was purposefully with a guy who already has a relationship and kids she wouldnā€™t be my best friends anymore

2 Likes

I would want to know

1 Like

Ok, soā€¦ hereā€™s my feelings. You can take it or leave it. A best friend that knows that man is in a relationship with kids involved, has zero respect for you. Let me explainā€¦ when you told her you knew him and that he was with your friend, she straight up lied to you as you caught them in the act? She has no respect for relationships. Plus, if she is willing to do all of that along with lying to you, imagine what she could do behind your back and still lie to your face! People that have no problems lying will do anything to anyone as they have zero conscience about themselves. Also, when your friend finds out, who is to say that you wonā€™t be drug into their web of lies? She may even see your man out cheating and since she knows he will do it, she may do it with him. I donā€™t do drama which is why I no longer have a bestie! She definitely is not someone I would want as a bestie because sheā€™s looking to get more than just a black eye. JS

Ummmm obviouslyyyy Sophia Poulos

1 Like

Well I was cheated on and evryone new but me
So I would say yes
Tell her

2 Likes

Donā€™t leave her in the dark, she deserves to know the type of man she is with.

2 Likes

Would you wanna know if you were being cheated on? No. So tell her. Is your best friend sleeping w/ him KNOWING who he is? Iā€™d tell your best friend that youā€™re going to tell the girlfriend first so that she isnā€™t blind sided but regardless. Tell. Donā€™t let that woman sit around looking stupid.

1 Like

I would tell her. Iā€™ve been cheated on and he cheated on me with my ex best friend. She told me that made out and met at a party. It really hurt. (Weā€™re still friends just not close anymore)

1 Like

Definitely tell you would want to know the truth too.

1 Like

Make him to her!! Tell him if he doesnā€™t you will.
It might hurt a little less coming from him.

2 Likes

Yes tell her a nd find a new bestie

1 Like

Shame on your best friend, Iā€™d tell her to stop being a slut and fucking a taken man with kids, ewww, and Iā€™d tell the bf that I knew, and either he fessed up or you would, give him 24 hours, I would so want to know, but youd need to have 100% definite proof, like them kissing or together or screenshots of messages of them admitting it. Honestly what is wrong with people, thatā€™s soooo wrong.

If it was you would you want to know???

1 Like

I would say tell her. I would want someone to tell me in that situation. Cause I know how bad it hurts to be loyal to someone while getting cheated on. It hurts really bad.

1 Like

Tell herā€¦thereā€™s no reason for that

1 Like

I would want to know. Maybe a casual ā€œsorry to hear yā€™all broke upā€¦ā€???

3 Likes

I would tell her. I wouldnā€™t want to be left in the dark about something like this. Of course if yall arenā€™t on good terms then she might not believe you and he may have some kind of excuse and say that you are just trying to break them.up or something like that. At that point I would say at least you tried.

1 Like

Leave it alone it will all come out in the Wash

My ex-husband left town with one of my friends, who also happened to work with me. I found out after they left that EVERYONE at work knew what was going on but me. It was humiliating. Donā€™t get me wrong, I didnā€™t blame them for not telling me. But I wish someone would have before it blindsided me.

1 Like

Iā€™d tell the ex friend. Both of these people know what theyā€™re doing is wrong and donā€™t care. Your ex friend may shoot the messenger or just stay with him, but either way I think she deserves to know so she can make that choice herself. I just know Iā€™d like to have a half decent person in my life whoā€™d have the balls to tell me the truth, but thatā€™s just my opinion

You ainā€™t goin tell her nothin she donā€™t already know ā€¦ women knowā€¦ we always knowā€¦ may not know who, when, etcā€¦ but we knowā€¦ sheā€™s choosing to not see itā€¦ sayin anything jus goin put you in middle ā€¦ now if yall was still bffs or on daily convo, Iā€™d say yes tell herā€¦ but you not. So.

Tell her before your best friend gets your guy. That happened to me but Iā€™m thankful it did because I could not be happier now! All I knew that my ex bff was hooking up with my other friendā€™s guy. I warned her but my cousin told me that she saw my bff inside my ex bfā€™s car getting cozy at the stop light. My ex bff got another child with another man who didnā€™t love her and left her for an older rich woman. My ex bf couldnā€™t move on even if heā€™s got his own family already l mean heā€™s still trying to message and call me so I blocked him.