Should I walk away?

My boyfriend and I have been together 4 years and he has never said I love you.
326 Likes

No I wouldn’t walk away, maybe have a heart to heart with him? See how he feels or why he hasn’t said it? I’ve been with my boyfriend 3 years and we barely say I love you, we both know we love eachother but I find it really hard to say as I’ve been hurt before in the past I guess it’s kind of a barrier for me, although he knows I do love him … some just find it harder than others x

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Should I walk away? - Mamas Uncut

Underlying issues? Have you said it to him? Does he deal with abandonment from past relationships?

Have you told him, if you have then ask him why

Throw Him in the Bin

1 Like

Words are noithing but actions speak louder

2 Likes

My bf and I have been together almost 5 years and we’ve never said to each other either. Actions speak louder than words…plus I’m the one with the issues lol

5 Likes

Communicate. Surely you can talk to each other if you have been together 4 years.

Some people don’t need to say it you should know by his actions if he loves you or not

2 Likes

Maybe he does but can’t say it does he do anything to show it?

Actions speak louder than words.

Wtf did I just read :exploding_head:

1 Like

Maybe he loves your brother :woman_shrugging: :two_men_holding_hands:

10 Likes

Is that all? Why does he have to say I love you? Pretty sure he wouldn’t be with you if he didn’t. Actions speak louder then words. This needs more context. Like why the fuck you questioning? Has he had trauma in relationships? Maybe he thinks it’s just a word and that he shows it so why say it? You need to talk to him.

1 Like

Well does he actually love you? Have you said it to him? Do you know if he’s ever said it to anyone because believe it or not, some people haven’t. It’s foreign to them. Talk to him about it.

6 Likes

That seems odd. Do you say it to him? Does he show you he loves you? Maybe ask him why he doesn’t say it.

3 Likes

But does he show you he loves you?

4 Likes

Wow. That seems strange. I think the question is… have you said it to him and he not replied? I couldn’t imagine not saying it to my partner after 4 years, that’s really f’d up to me :woman_shrugging: each to there own tho. But if you don’t feel the love then walk out the door and don’t look back :100:

He’s wasting your time

6 Likes

Communicate with him about it. I couldn’t imagine not saying it to my person for 4 years though, each to their own I guess. But since you had to ask, I think you already have the answer.

2 Likes

Shut the door behind him

1 Like

Does he show you he loves you? Words are cheap, I’ll take action over words everyday of the week.

4 Likes

Some guys will say they love you and not mean it … other might show that they love you but not say it …

3 Likes

Yes like 3 1/2 years ago

3 Likes

You are willing to walk away from a relationship because of a few words.? I’m guessing if you have been with this guy for 4 years he must be doing something right and proves with his actions that he cares and or loves you… if it’s that important to you that he says I love you then you need to talk to him.

4 Likes

I’ve been with mine a year and he has never said it. He shows it though so I know he does. & he goes out of his way a lot when I ask for something…Words don’t mean nothing. Sometimes people just don’t know how to say it I use to be like that.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Should I walk away? - Mamas Uncut

My grandma has told me twice in my 25 years that she loves me. I asked her once why she didn’t say often and her reply “Because I show you all the time and you should just know”.
If you’re both happy, content and in love then I don’t feel it’s necessary for him to have to say it :blush:

1 Like

Do you know his love language?

Does he show his love to you in other ways?

Don’t let the fact he doesn’t say I love you be the factor that makes you walk away.

2 Likes

Wow that is a long time not to hear it, I personally would need to hear it but that’s just me.

Perhaps he shows you his love rather than saying it? He wouldn’t be with you for 4 years if he didn’t love you… Surely?x

3 Likes

actions speak louder than words and some people struggle to say i love you perhaps due to past issues (abuse, neglect etc etc) if you asked him do you love me would he reply yes? how does he treat you on a daily basis? does he treat you like he loves you? that is what is important :slight_smile:

Ask him if he actually loves you and how come he’s never said it

Have you said it to him?
If so, what was his response?

1 Like

There are certain people that I love…but never say it to. I don’t think in my 28 years… I have ever told my sister that I love her… she knows I do. But we don’t say it. Even my brother… I think I have said one or twice. My mum and dad on the other hand , every time we speak… I tell them I love them. Different people show affection in different ways. Have u asked why? Maybe he just assumes u know…and feels its not necessary

2 Likes

Love is shown in different ways. It’s cuddling you when your upset. Kissing you on the forehead just because. Making you something to eat. Doing house chores so you don’t have to. Buying you your favourite flowers. Telling you to txt him so he knows your safe. Telling you to put your seat belt on.
All different ways of saying I love you without actually saying it. Although it’s nice to hear sometimes you do just need to hear it. But maybe he doesn’t realise how much occasionally you would like to hear it? Xxx

Does he do things the show he loves U? Does he treat U right? If U had kids would U want your daughter to date him? THAT is your answer.

Words aren’t everything, my ex would tell me he loved me like every hour… Didn’t stop him cheating tho.

144 Likes

What y’all been talking about for 4 years?

47 Likes

I feel like everyone is being hella judgey, some people find it really hard when it comes to the way they show affection. If he treats you right and makes you feel loved and appreciated then that’s all that matters. Of course hearing the words would so nice but not everyone is the same. You know your relationship with your partner better than anyone, I’d go off that x

11 Likes

Obviously you don’t feel loved or him not saying it wouldn’t bother you… I’d say you are wanting validation so you can leave… So put on your big girl drawers and get the fuck on with your life. You deserve happiness,not contentment… Unless you are a total ass hat; in which case, you get what you give, so happy trails.

46 Likes

Not if that is the only problem you have. Some people don’t express feelings with words.

8 Likes

My boyfriend has never said that but he does love me. He shows me every day. We’ve been together 5 yrs.

16 Likes

That’s Abit looong I wouldn’t be staying over a year if he hasn’t said those words. At the end of the day it’s not hard to say it with your chest if you feel it 100%

6 Likes

Some people find it hard to say the words I love you but if he is good to you in other ways and shows you he loved you by his actions then stay but also maybe try to bring it up to him in a calm manner and discuss things

4 Likes

Have u said it? This is strange. He obviously cares or I don’t think he’d stay that long. That’s just kinda weird to me. I feel in 4 years this should have been figured out…

12 Likes

That’s sort of a tricky question because many factors can play a role in that. I was raised in a very structured Quaker upbringing where outword affection and “I love yous” weren’t spoken. We all knew we were loved dearly, but it wasn’t said. As I married into a different type of family dynamic I found it unnatural to profess my emotions or show affection. It didn’t come naturally, but it did come. I still at times have to be mindful of showing affection outwardly. Now my family always says I love you and we show affection with hugs. Words are just words and anyone can give a hug. I would be more concerned with just knowing that you truly are loved and wanted and focus less on what society defines as what represents an I love you.

25 Likes

Some men aren’t raised to show affection or do all those thing on special days sometimes I feel my husband doesn’t love ,e but he shows it in a lot of ways so,times I wish I met someone more affectionate and all that but I look at all the other things he does. He doesn’t even tell he how he feels and all that. But he is my other haLf does so much for the kids. Does tell me he loves me once in awhile. So maybe talk to him tell him how u feel I had to do that once.

8 Likes

If it’s important to you to hear it, talk to him about it, if he doesn’t change maybe you should reconsider the relationship but you gotta keep in mind some people aren’t raised hearing those words so it’s harder for them to say it out loud, it was hard for me for a while, but now I have kids and I tell them and everyone I care for I love them regularly!

4 Likes

Personally I wouldn’t stay. Words of affirmation is extremely important to me in a relationship.

23 Likes

I’ve been with my bf for 6yrs and he hasn’t said I love you either but he wasn’t raised to say I love you or show affection like that. But he is a good man and shows me he loves me in other ways he loves my kids and grand kids and that’s what matters if he shows you in other ways and doesn’t cheat or treat you bad. I say stay it will all be worth it :blush:

3 Likes

Sometimes men find it hard saying those words because of the environment they grew up in. If he shows you he does then it’s fine. It would help if you spoke about it

2 Likes

I don’t say it a lot!! I believe in actions speak louder than words!! I can tell who ever I love them but if my actions don’t back it up my words it means nothing!! So I tend to let all my actions speak for themselves!! To me words are words!! Your character and actions speak above all else!! Just my thoughts though!!

Have you talked about it first? There could be more to this. Maybe he wasn’t raised in a household that said “I love you”, whether religious or not. If he doesn’t know what you want, how is he supposed to know what to do? However, if you have tried to discuss this with him and he refuses, then I would say leave him because that shows to me that he isn’t really taking my thoughts and feelings to heart.

1 Like

Do you want to hear it from him? Have you told him that you would like to hear it? How much does it mean to you? Personally. I want to hear it. Ur call Sis.

1 Like

Yes actions speaks louder then words but it is really nice to hear the words sometimes!! My boyfriend (5 yrs) said it only a hand full of times so I asked him why, he said he couldn’t, I didn’t buy it but then I read an article on just that subject and he was 10/10, he truly can’t say it but he knows how important it is to me so he try’s but I did notice he would say the same thing “RaRa” and I learned he couldn’t say the words but he found a way he could so talk to him first before you walk if he’s good to you other then the words

My bf don’t say it often but I don’t push it… so I’d say let him show u in his own way or tell u in his own way guys r horrible at feelings

If there are more red flags, walk away. But here’s the thing, some people just don’t say it, they show you. I truly believe actions speak way louder than words.

15 Likes

That’s kind of the opposite of my problem right now… my bf and I have been dating almost a year and he says it all the time and I’ve never said it. When is the right time? Maybe there isn’t a right time? Idk :woman_shrugging:

Do you say it or have said it? What’s your relationship like, think about that. Perhaps he shows you that he loves you in other ways? That’s a solid time together. You’d think you would have established a good communication by now so I’d recommend talking to him.

Have you said it and he doesn’t say it back or are you waiting for him to say it first? Surely there is more to this story

3 Likes

Yep,walk away ur wasting ur time,u don’t want waste more years on someone who dont love ,its only going to hurt u in the end

If you can’t talk to him about this, how are you going to resolve life’s problems as they arise.

Since you’re thinking about walking away because of him not saying 4 little words, then you shouldn’t be with him in the 1st place.

Thats some bullshit right there. :face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow: go find a MAN

6 Likes

Saying ‘I love you’ is also heard through saying things like ‘are you ok?’ ‘I’ll make you a cup of tea’ ‘how was your day?’ ‘How’s your mom doing, is she better?’ ‘Did that thing work out for you at your job?’ ‘I’ll make dinner tonight’ ‘you stay in bed, I’ll look after you’ ‘hey you’ve had a long day, come here and I’ll give you a foot massage’ ‘come on, we’ll go snuggle up and watch a movie’ ‘hey come here baby, you look like you need a big hug’ ‘you want to talk about it honey?’

Actions also speak louder than words. Do you trust him? Do you love him? Can you see yourself in 10 years raising a family together. Is he the kind of man you want your daughter to bring home?
Does he help around the house? Is he there to listen when you need to offload and have a rant? Does he look after you when you’re sick?
Are you best friends? Do you have that special bond with him? Do you feel that special level of intimacy with him?
And quite importantly does he look after your sexual needs?

If you can answer yes to these things, well stay, because you’ve got something.

Good luck :heart::heart::heart:

13 Likes

Run And never look back

4 Likes

Have you asked him? Or talked about, how your feeling?

I would def make it a conversation.

1 Like

Actions speak louder than words . If he shows you he loves you in different ways . Treats you good . that’s what’s important. I love u is just a word

You just answered your own Question

1 Like

I don’t personally feel it’s important to say I love you. Actions are louder than words.

7 Likes

Who do you love more?? Sounds like you love him more than yourself. Those words are very important to woman and men. They need that validation. I don’t care how you were brought up. Apparently thats how he was❤️

1 Like

Sounds like you’re in a relationship and he’s single. That’s my opinion though. I would be having a discussion because if he can’t tell you he loves you and if y’all aren’t talking about a future or anything, you’re just a temporary place holder.

Then is he really your boyfriend or are you FWB?

Are you sure he’s your boyfriend???

7 Likes

Go girl go.you deserve to be cherished.get out.

1 Like

All those saying “run” I’m guessing your relationships don’t last long :yawning_face:

You may not be the one he loves

This is a joke. Does this page just make nonsense to post? I’m sure no one is half as dim witted as all these supposed women seeking advice xD probably another distraction page xD :v:

Those are just words. Actions speak louder

Are you sure that’s your boyfriend ?

I feel like ppl are taking a meme WAY too serious

Tracy Gabrielle Lopez Pajes how? Aahhaha

Then he doesn’t love u!:woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

He’s Just Not That Into You

5 Likes

But what do his actions say?

4 Likes

Is that the ONLY issue in the relationship?

Honestly, that would bother me a little bit, but then again words don’t mean anything.

My boyfriend would lay in bed next to me telling me how much he loved me WHILE he was messaging other people to hook up with. Words don’t mean shit, actions do.

If that’s truly your only issue, and if he treats you well and is loyal and honest to you, I wouldn’t leave.

If it really bothers you that bad, sit down and talk to him about it. Some men have an extremely hard time expressing emotions.

56 Likes

I have more questions than answers. Does he know you need to hear the words ? Does he show you, rather than tell you ? Do you feel loved ? There are a lot of things that still say I love you without someone saying those exact words :woman_shrugging:

16 Likes

Some people are not good at articulating how they feel. How does he treat you. Does he do little things to make you feel special. Does he make sure to prioritise time to spend with you. Sometimes actions speak louder than words.

5 Likes

Some men just aren’t good at speaking of emotions and feelings. My dad being one of them, in 16 years he told me he loved me once he just wasn’t that sort of man to express vocally

7 Likes

well do you feel loved? you should be able to tell by now really… and if you don’t feel loved than you know your answer…

7 Likes

But does he show does his action show he loves you with little things he does action speak louder then words and sometimes people have a hard time saying the words for one reason or another

Mine didn’t say it for a long time but I figured out it’s not something that’s said within his family. So when I expressed how I felt and my concerns he realized that doesn’t have to continue on in our family and he started saying a little while later. But if he shows it then that’s all that matters

I was with an ex for 4 years it took me about 3 years to say it to him! Although I thought I loved him I didn’t say it until one night I was really drunk then I still wouldn’t ever say it to his face… but that was when I was younger. Now me and my partner say it after every phone call, and to faces sometimes but not all the time, he may feel awkward to say it, my sister has been with her partner about 6 years and has never said it to him only on a text

Sometimes they show it in other ways … I still need to hear it though :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Y’all need to talk and see if y’all are on the same page before you make any rash decisions. Some people don’t day ilu in words, just actions.

1 Like

Have him watch the movie ghost and say see he didn’t say I love you and DIED lol

3 Likes

Do you say it? And what’s his response? I would say it depends on his actions, it would be nice to hear it though, I couldn’t imagine how that makes you feel, I’m sorry you’re going through this.