Should my boyfriend remove the photos of his ex wife and kids from his house?

Pictures of his kids should be everywhere. The pictures of her shouldn’t be all over the house. They should be in the kids rooms.

6 Likes

Ex wife should definitely be taken down. But not HIS children. If you guys decide to marry, those kids become your step kids legally. And the man probably misses his kids. He’s probably grieving the loss of his children (in a sense it is a loss because now he doesn’t have constant access to them). I think you are selfish for him wanting his kids photos shown in HIS house. What if he came to your old house and told you to tear down every photo of your kids because he felt disrespected by it or it bought back memories of his children leaving him. You wouldn’t do it so why expect him to do it for you. Those are his children always, like your children are yours always.

3 Likes

The kids pictures can stay but the ex’s pictures need to go! Take new family
Photos with you two and all of the kids!

4 Likes

Put the wife and kids pics in the kids room and leave the kids pics up everywhere else

2 Likes

Ex wife maybe…his kids, NO!

I have an ex husband with children and my current bf has an ex wife with children. To make everyone’s life easier is to be cordial with each other. Those are memories their children’s memories don’t take that away their past exist. I still have my ex wedding band and so doesn’t my bf he has hers pictures of their ex’s with their kids. We don’t have our ex’s pictures on the walls or anything to display but it’s for the kids they deserve to see once happy family.

2 Likes

His kids? Are u serious right now?

4 Likes

Ex wife yes but not his kids

2 Likes

Those are his kids too! His family pics! No he doesn’t need to remove them! Get over yourself or move on.

Photos of just her and him yes. That’s still the kid’s home and they need to know they are still a family.

Get your own place for you and your kids.

2 Likes

He can save the pictured for his kids in the future. It’s inappropriate if he is ready to move on and he doesnt have to destroy them, but he should be worried more about opening a new chapter with you. It’s not about jealousy, but respwct out of you. Some people might be okay with it and some not. So if you’re not, then he needs to respect it.

Get used to it the ex isn’t going anywhere.

The photos of his kids should stay up. Do not ask him to remove those

5 Likes

Keep the kid ones and pack the others up and store to be passed down to his kids

If they have the kids in it they should be left alone. Pictures of just them…no. Pictures of mom and kids put in the kids room. But that is still the mother to the kids. Just my thoughts though.

3 Likes

My daughter lives in split households. She has a picture of me and her in her room at her dads and a picture of her and her dad in her room at my house… Other than that I don’t see why you would…

2 Likes

They’re his family no matter what :woman_shrugging:t4: if he hasn’t taken them down is because he don’t want to.

3 Likes

If it’s a family picture with her in it, you guys can retake the pics of you and him with his kids included and yours… but if it’s a picture of his kids only, hell no , he should not remove them, they are his kids after all.

Ummm no. Maybe not around the house but in the kids rooms definitely okay

Uhm yes. If the kids want them in their rooms that’s totally fine. But just out in the house no I find that weird.

1 Like

he absolutely should keep up photos of his kids but not the ex… also put up photos of YOUR kids too that should even it out.

3 Likes

My ex and his wife have a picture of me (with them and their daughter and our shared daughter) hanging in their living room. Simply because our shared daughter asked her bonus mom to print it out.

That is his children’s mother, and she’s always going to be in the picture.

I’m not saying your feelings are invalid by any means, I was the same way once upon a time. I’m just saying, it’s just a picture, that I’m sure his kids are thankful for. Pick and choose your battles.

The sooner you learn not to let little things like that get to you, the happier you’ll be. I promise!

4 Likes

He should run away fast. As long as it’s not nudes or sexy pics, stfu. She’s the mother of his kids. Are you seriously asking if he should take down pictures of his kids, because if so, that’s effed up. You’re a jealous whack job.

4 Likes

That’s a family house,

They are still his children.

1 Like

Add your own photos together and let it go. He’ll eventually let some of that go himself.

3 Likes

I agree that the pictures with the ex wife included should just be moved to the kids rooms for their memories. I wouldn’t be cool with just their photos being on the walls🤷🏻‍♀️ they don’t need to leave the home but they can be put in a room that your guest and you don’t have to see Everytime u enter your living areas

2 Likes

Picture of ex should go pics of kids stay. If his wife had died that would be different. That would out of respect that he could keep it up. But divorce that’s different unless he hasn’t moved on. The kids need the pictures. He could always make up a photo album so the kids could put some of the pics in and some in thier room. Thier is a difference between a spouse that’s dies and divorce, I n order to make a new health relationship. If I was to start a new relationship I would even remove my late husbands pic of I thought it would make my new partner feel like they was in competition with a ghost

Girl bye. It’s perfectly fine to have photos of their mother. Stop being immature

6 Likes

In the most polite way I can say this…

His kids were in his life before u and will always be his family…

U are the gf.

He hasn’t taken them down because he doesn’t want to. If he was hurting or angry, they would be off the wall.

5 Likes

That is truly the most selfish thing I’ve ever heard. This woman is the mother of their children and dang those are his children you are wanting him to take down and out of a home they shared before you ever came into the picture - that’s actually very cold hearted. Those are beautiful memories for his kids when they come to visit what is your train of thought “out of sight out of mind” - honestly if I were you I’d be so ashamed for even suggesting that your “boyfriend” do that - jeez you aren’t even married and if he’s smart he might think twice about that or you moving in.

3 Likes

His life with her happened. You can’t get with someone and then expect them to erase their memories for your insecurities. It’s not fair to him

1 Like

If his kids are there I think maybe a pic or 2 is ok to remind his kids. But if they are gone out of the pic never coming bk then yea get rid of it

1 Like

I’d ask for him to remove the photos of her. Their kids are his kids and they need to see that he isn’t replacing them when they visit

They wouldn’t stay up in my house.

2 Likes

If its him her and the kids in the picture all at once you need to get over it.

1 Like

No. Its his children. Tf. So what about his ex wife. If you’re that paranoid that he still has feelings for his ex, because a few pictures on the wall … I think you answered your own question.

1 Like

Get over it he had a past before you; just like you did before him. If you ask him to delete himself; how would you feel if he asked you to delete your self…i think you have some maturing to do.

2 Likes

Everyone telling her to get over it must have pictures of their other half’s ex’s posted up in their house as well :joy::woman_shrugging:t4: and are okay with it.

8 Likes

No he shouldn’t move them off the wall. That is he’s kids mother and photos of he’s kids.

As a partner you should add to their life not take away from your partners life. Get photos done if you and your kids or as a whole family to add to the photos that are up so all the kids get to see photos of you, him, their mum and all of the kids together as a family.

8 Likes

It’s his home. But he should respect you. Pictures of him and her should go but if his kids are in them they should stay because they will be visiting. Just add your pictures to the collection.

I have my husbands exwife and kids pictures on my walls. It dosen’t bother me at all. We been married 14 years. I’m his 3rd wife… his first wife and daughter passed away very young and his 2nd wife was a raging bi*** whotook his 2 girls and disappeared for 10 years… all he had was a few pictures. We now get to see his youngest daughter she is 19 now and it brings her comfort knowing we have her pictures on the wall. I don’t care her mother is in the picture he had a whole life before he knew me. You shouldn’t let it bother you just add your family photos to the walls.

2 Likes

Her yes, his kids no

What kind of pics are we talking about? Family pics shouldn’t be an issue. Beautiful wedding photos… maybe those can go to the kids…

1 Like

Him or the kids, leave that alone. They still his kids.

1 Like

If it’s pictures of just him and the ex then they should go…if it’s family pictures then I would keep one or 2 up for when his kids visit…

I liked Aunt Jemima. She made it appealing to me. I loved having breakfast with her. She was part of my family. This pearl milling company, no thank you.

1 Like

Pictures of him and her.
Should come down, in my opinion. Even if it’s just to go in a box, or to give to the kids for their room. It shouldn’t be in any of the main rooms. That’s respectful of you to ask I feel.
He did have a life before you, that’s something you HAVE to be ok with. Witch means there will be memories and feelings, for life. Just cuz you showed up doesn’t mean the past didn’t happen. It did and it brought you 2 together.
Be thankfull, not petty.
Pics of her and the kids, they are not your business… thoes are not your memories.
they deserve to go, where he wants them. You have 0 say on it, that was his life, she brought his kids into this world, thoes Pics arnt about a you or him… or their relationship… they are about what was created before you… thoes are his memories, of his life.
Sorry girl, but if your to insecure to understand that, your not ment to be with someone who had a family before you. :woman_shrugging: cuz his family might be broken, and you might even end up beging the missing peice, but that doesn’t mean it never existed, it was there before you and your only there to add to it.

Lol at all the comments about " get over it he had a life before you " :clown_face: exactly… this was before her. It’s one thing to have pictures of her and the kids (a few of them) the walls don’t need to be plastered. Pics of just her or even her and him would be coming down. You’re not selfish for feeling that way. Maybe suggest that you guys go get family pictures done with his kids too when they visit and put your own memories on the wall :blush:

2 Likes

actually I have pictures on kids dad myself and our kids in my house and I bought this house 8 years after we broke up. it’s my kids father and my kids have a right to see that at one point we were happy. he’s now married and moved on.

1 Like

Put the pictures of mom and the kids in the kids’ room the ones of him and the kids leave up… I think it’s more fair that way.

1 Like

I would have an issue with them being hung all over the house. If they have kids together maybe a few in the kids room, because regardless together they are those kids parents. Pictures of you and him and the kids should be hung in the main areas of the house. Sit him down and let him know it bothers you and see if you all could come to a compromise about them.

1 Like

Everyone saying leave them. I’d like to see if you have pictures of your husband and ex wife hanging on the wall. It’s ridiculous. He should respect his new wife/girlfriend. She could get with the kids and make a nice scrapbook of all those photos. Even have it in a bookshelf or table, not packed away in a box.

You should grow up and accept he had a live and family before you. Remove the pics of the ex misses but leave his kids

6 Likes

If he didn’t need pics of his kids around, there would be something wrong with him. A normal dad would miss them like crazy. You don’t just throw them out with the trash because of another relationship. The ex - nah.

6 Likes

I agree that the pics of her should come down but if it’s like a family photo with the kids I don’t see the need to erase that. If it’s excessive then yeah that’s a little weird but I’d just take some down and make an album for his kids to have. I have an album like that from my parents and I love it.

His house not yours, his kids pictures not yours, if it’s just his ex wife in the photos then yes remove them but if it’s family photos then suck it up buttercup they are his children. U moved into his home and u have to learn to deal with him having his children and ex partner up around the house.

2 Likes

I could see taking down the pictures of him and his wife down but he’s allowed to have pictures of his kids😬

4 Likes

I am divorced and so is my fiancee. Neither of us have pictures of our ex’s on the walls period. That being said we both may keep them just not on the walls. Also if the children want the pictures of there parents they can also can have them just not in the main rooms. ( bedrooms only) we have a new life anda new beginning and new family so old family pics gotta go. Pictures of the kids I would be fine with. They are part of his life 4 ever. But the ex that my friend is a different story if it was divorce that was an choice to change. If it was a death I think I would let that alone and leave them stay up and just add to the love in his life.

2 Likes

It’s your home now. Redecorate if you want to.

Keep. Your mouth shut their his kids

2 Likes

There is still a picture of my ex husband and I hanging in my dads house from the day we got married. I have been married to my husband for over ten years now. At first it kind of bothered my husband and I but now its just the past. Everyone has one. My thoughts? Grow up a little and let it be. Just my thoughts.

2 Likes

He might take them down when the timing is right. My boyfriend and I are going on 4 years that we have been together. Before him I was married to my husband for 20 years untill he passed away back in 2015. I recently put away my husbands pictures

Of him and her need to come down, her and kids can be placed in their room or up till they are older to have and use.

Keep his kods,get rid of the x’s pic

Maybe pictures of his ex-wife yea but not HIS kids. Why would you expect him to take pictures down of his kids.

5 Likes

My bio grandmother , my step grandmother and my bio grandma’s ex husband come for thanksgiving each year you might wanna quit being bitter lol

3 Likes

If he was bothered by it, he would’ve taken them down. It’s his house! Maybe ask yourself if you’re moving in on something too soon? You always gotta look out for you girl!

2 Likes

I think the picture of him and his ex-wife need to come down but the pictures of his children should be able to stay up and your children’s pictures should go up and you guys should have a picture taken with the two of you.

4 Likes

If it bothers that much you need to think about getting a new house together because hunny he had a whole family living in that house before you and yours. Your always going to be playing second in that house and never really have a say.

3 Likes

You need to grow up… If you can’t handle the fact that he’s got a past, and kids and an ex wife… You should go ahead and dip now.

5 Likes

Hell no a picture of her on the wall. Not

1 Like

If I were you.Make sure there are plenty of family pics of your family up. I think removing there family pic will effect his kid and having the pic there may effect your kids… maybe you should put up a family pic of your ex and your kids too

Anything that was left behind from my husbands BM and her other 4kids who aren’t his were gone and tossed 2months after my RELATIONSHIP with him :woman_shrugging:t2:

Yes he should take pictures down of him and ex wife, but why should he take down the ones of his kids? Bit childish ain’t it. He has a past and comes with baggage just like you. Maybe you moved in his house to soon.

1 Like

If his kids dont visit him the ones of his ex should go unless his kids are in them also
I mean grow up n have a heart his babies are gone and you have yours I really dont think its healthy your acting this way over these things

2 Likes

Uh, this is a discussion you should’ve had with him BEFORE you moved in. If you told him it bothers you and he still left them up, maybe you shouldn’t have moved in with him. :woman_shrugging:t4:

Wife yes IF the kids are not in the picture.
Kids however…
Read along, sweetheart.
HIS KIDS ARE JUST AS UNTOUCHABLE AS YOURS AND IF YOU ARE GONNA HAVE PICS AND MEMORABILIA OF YOUR KIDS AROUND, HIS ALSO NEED TO BE ALLOWED TO BE AROUND TOO!

4 Likes

Maybe take the ones of the ex down but it’s a bit unfair if you want him to take the photos of the kids down, if it’s one of them all together put it in the kids room I’m pretty sure they would like to have photos of their parents together weather they together or not

2 Likes

Kids no but ex wife yes he should take her down

He needs to take the pictures down of his ex wife. All of them. If the kids are in the photos he should keep them. But not on the wall or out for you to see. It’s disrespectful and rude. He wouldn’t be ok looking at you and your ex on the wall everyday. Everyone saying get over it is full of shit. They wouldn’t wake up everyday to look at their mans ex wife and be okay with it.

I was going to say his kids deserve to see their family but she took them w her lol take her down keep the kids up put up your own pictures

Put the pics of his kids that have the mom in the same picture in the children’s bedrooms so they can have those photos. That’s their mom so they should have them in their personal space. I understand you don’t want to see her all the time but in the kids room is a definite yes.

3 Likes

The Ex gotta go there’s a reason she’s an ex leave the kids if y’all are in a full commitment then he should respect you and take her pictures down

The ones of the ex wife, yes. The ones of his children ABSOLUTELY NOT!

2 Likes

if children come home often, I would leave a pic or 2 of them with bio parent, but other than that , I’d start new fam photos, including the kids

If it’s them and their kids I’d say he can leave them up , I mean that is their family before you . But if it’s him and the ex , I’d ask respectfully for him to either move them to the kids rooms , or pack them away from the kids later .

It’s disrespectful of him to still have her pictures up. Maybe he’s having a hard time letting go? The ones of the Children I wouldn’t have a problem with unless the Ex is in them.

1 Like

If the ex are in pictures with kids no but if there’s some by herself than take them down .

Maybe take down the ones of them as a couple and pack them away for the kids when they are older (which is what I did) but the ones of just her or just him with the kids, leave. It’s not fair to the kids to remove them. They are both part of their lives.

Ex wife photo be gone

You leave them your boyfriend must decide what to do with the photos… YOU tell him he has to make that decision

1 Like

He should put photos of his children up, without the mother in them.

However she is the mother of his children, despite the seperation they will always be a family and it maybe important for his children to see that when they are there.

Kids no, ex. yes.
Those are part of him. I never messed with qny photos of my husbands sons mom in his room. Thats his mom. He always needs her.

I would have had them gone of her any ways before u moved in there or married you.Hell yes he should have already remove them

That would not happen at my place I stay at

1 Like

Keep kids pics not the ex wife’s.

2 Likes

Sounds like he’s stuck. Does he mind if you take them down or is he just unable to himself? Maybe offer to put them in a safe place and put them away?

Personally I wouldn’t care. I’d leave them up for the kids.

3 Likes

Maybe put them in the kids room? Maybe make him a photo album with all the pics as keeps sake for the kids? I would take new pics of the whole family and hang them up along with new curtains and maybe paint. Talk to him… it’s not about forgetting the past, but remembering we have to live in the present

3 Likes