The man I am seeing told me he is moving across country: Advice?

Lmao cant even believe this is a considerable option for you. Drop him. Cut your loses.

He’s mace his choice lol stop wasting your time

Life is too damn short to be with a maybe in someone else’s life.

He sounds selfish to me, sorry, just cut it off now

My response would be:

Say adios. He’s clearly letting you know exactly just how much he cares about you. Go find a real man and don’t look back!

No scam get your money in an hour! Hey, join me on Oxygen to open a bank account. We would each get $10.0 when you just sign up and an additional $50.0 when you move your direct deposit over.

Split now. Save yourself the trouble

Stay with your kids.

1 Like

Cut bait. There are other fish in the sea.

Wish him well, than move on🥺

Split now! Sounds like a hint hint!

I would help him pack.

He’s not in it for the long run :pensive:

It wasn’t meant to be if he can up and go…sorry

The fact that he’s considering it would make me split now.

Boy, bye! What a jerk

wait it out but keep options open

Split girl! I wish I had just left my stbx alone!

Made me think of this…

2 Likes

Cut your losses and split now.

I feel the only options you really have is long distance or split​:woman_shrugging:t2::woman_shrugging:t2:

I would split it off. It sounds like he’s not interested to be honest with you

Go with the flow girl. Chillax

Seems like he found someone else

Red flag. Split now.

Boy bye thanks for wasting my time

1 Like

If it’s for work, or a temporary thing, hear him out. If it’s just off GP, then split now.

Get rid of the fucker

I mean, why wait? Just split now.

He’s lying. Quit talking to him

2 Likes

Maybe he just wants you to say “stay” - - -

1 Like

Wish him luck in his endeavors, and move on.

12 Likes

Hit the road jack! That’s what I say

1 Like

LEAVE. No man that wants to be with you would even consider leaving you behind.

2 Likes

If it were me I would go ahead and tell him that if he’s even considering moving that you guys should go ahead and part ways and you wish him nothing but the best.

1 Like

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. The man I am seeing told me he is moving across country: Advice? - Mamas Uncut

Well maybe he does want to get out of the area. It’s ok for people to want a change of scenery. And depending on your custody agreement. You’d have to get married to take them out of state. But if he’s willing to move. And you can’t come. Then it’s not that serious

2 Likes

Wow is all I can say to all the comments. Each one of my uncles (my Mothers brothers, total of 5) they joined the Canadian forces, all had different posts around the world and their girlfriends/wives never ended it with them. They made it work. Smh. Seriously though, she has invested 2 years commitment to her relationship, don’t tell her to end it. If this is her true love, anything is possible :heart:

9 Likes

If he’s considering it then he obviously isn’t very serious about you. Unless it’s for “a dream” of his that he can’t refuse.

13 Likes

I would say “you’re considering it!?, Have you even considered ME?!”. I’d tell him do what he feels is right, but he has to know he’s losing YOU if he leaves. I mean, maybe he’s testing you, to see if you Would give up everything for HIM, which is juvenile and selfish… so ask him if he needs help packing and to send you a postcard once on awhile. Don’t let him see you affected by it. I think it’s all a bunch of ‘hot air’ to get your reaction. There are millions and millions of men in this world, and I’m guessing theres one that’d be perfect for you,that wouldn’t even think of considering moving AWAY from YOU. GOOD LUCK GIRL! Stay strong! He has to know youd never leave your kids, doesn’t seem like “Mr.Right(for U)”

4 Likes

I would ask him where he sees things going for you two and go from there. If he is considering going and hasn’t specifically said he wants a long distance relationship, I’d be inclined to think he is wanting to break up if he leaves but isn’t sure yet what he wants.

7 Likes

Get him a going away gift basket with a note saying goodbye and good luck in his future. Just drop it at his doorstep and don’t bother responding at all to anything he says. Move along with your life.

Sorry, but I wish I had been told this many years ago. Grow a spine. He is not that serious. Get over him.

6 Likes

The ball is in his court. You don’t have to do anything. Just wait and see what he decides to do. In the meantime be thinking about what is best for you in the event he does go. Prepare yourself emotionally to be on your own.

1 Like

If you are enjoying the relationship continue. Cross country moves often don’t work out and he may return. or he may choose you over the move. I see no reason to close out options at this point.

Wait i think…if ur a Christian, pray

Need more information about why he is considering it

1 Like

Split now is the best decision . . Save the one that is good for your mental health and heart.

3 Likes

I would honestly split now. If he was committed he wouldnt even think about it especially since he knows you can’t go with.

12 Likes

Say Goodbye… someone will love you and your kids and want to be where you are.

1 Like

Forget him. He puts you in position to choose. Not love. He doesn’t love you or your children

3 Likes

No man or women is worth giving up on your kids-say goodbye to him and find someone who will love your kids just as much as you do

3 Likes

Set him free if it was meant to be he’ll be back work on you and kids

2 Likes

Leave now. He’s planning his life out and you don’t seem to be in it.

7 Likes

If its so easy for HIM to leave, then why would YOU stay? Leave as friends, thats the best case scenario

2 Likes

Split now. He obviously isn’t committed

2 Likes

What is your gut feeling,
Following your own path is hard-
You already know what you really need to do…

I don’t…

Follow you gut feeling.

1 Like

Tell him the decision he is truly making is whether or not he wants to remain with you or not. It’s not about moving it’s about leaving.

3 Likes

Tell him u dont wna hold him back but its a deal breaker for u n see what happens

5 Likes

It sounds like he didn’t even bother considering you and may not be serious about you or your son. We’re you talking marriage at all? Is this a big surprise?

I’d throw him out now. Any man suggesting I leave my kids is History!!!

2 Likes

Im just happy to see you putting your kids first.

Advice?? You have “options”, 1.- leave with him and 2.- be a mom.

What do you think, duh hello ,your kids foo

Tell him how you feel about it and have a conversation. Then you’ll know :woman_shrugging:t2:. The world of text messages and social media has gotten out of hand to where people feel uncomfortable having an actual conversation. I’m only 34 so don’t think this is coming from someone ‘that old’ but I’m seeing it more and more everyday. Get uncomfortable. Put yourself out there.

I will not tell you to split or not. That is for you to decide. What I will offer is this…

1. Have a conversation… why do you (your mate) want to move? What are the positives and negatives of this decision? What part do i (you) play in this decision? What does our future look like because of this?
  2. Actively listen to his responses. Genuinely listen and acknowledge his reasoning (if there is any).
  3. Go back home digest the conversation and make a decision that feels best FOR YOU. Not your mother, sister, neighbor, or best friend. Do what feels right, safe, and comfortable for you. Then live that truth everyday because you deserve it :green_heart:

I’d say…if hes even considering it…than his love isnt what you thought it was…if he really loved you he couldn’t leave like that. A few months would be 1 thing…but to be with someone for 2 years and mean that little to them that they could just leave…nope

1 Like

Slowly distance yourself from him…

2 Likes

Wait it out. Why is he moving? Better job? Family needs him? Or is it simply boredom? So he is considering his options. Wait and see what he decides.

He is not serious about you or in love with you

Don’t be a sap say so long . He’s done with you .

Uhmm. He says he is moving cross country but was there a reason like work? Kinda off if you ask me. No one just moves cross country for no reason, no one with attachments that is. If he is considering this knowing you have kids that you need to be near then he was already planning on splitting up any way. I’m sorry. You are right though NO MAN is worth losing your kiddos over. Especially one like this.

2 Likes

He’s knows your situation and is still considering it.
Kinda sad for both you.
He has wants/needs/dreams he wants to follow.
But you have priorities you have to take care of.
Seems your on two different paths.

7 Likes

Split…clearly not as committed as you are xx

1 Like

Id have a talk with him about where your relationship is headed. If he can just up and walk away from you like that it needs to be talked about. He also could have said it to get a reaction.

He’s definitely not the one, it’s okay, be adults about it, explain it to your children and take time to grieve the loss. It’s okay to realize that you aren’t right for each other and should just remain friends :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Buy him some walking shoes… Your children are priceless…

2 Likes

If you’ve been with him for 2 years and he’s just considering this without thinking about you and your opinions knowing you can’t go. I don’t think that seems like something worth sticking around for. :pensive:

4 Likes

Split and dont loan him any money cause you’ll never get it back

5 Likes

I had the same thing happen to me. We ended it the day he left, he never discussed it with me he did what was best for him and I cannot do long distance relationships.

2 Likes

If he is considering leaving you for a friggin job…he aint the one!

2 Likes

Simple: Be Prepared for either outcome

he obviously aint thinkin about you if hes agreeing to do that so he would be a whole dub Next !

3 Likes

Why can’t you move with the kids?

It depends on the reasoning for him going.

2 Likes

Tell what ever but don’t let the door hit you in the butt on the way out.
He doesn’t sound like he considered you relationship serious or maybe he’s got an offer he just can’t refuse.

Split now and let him go! Obviously only cares about himself!!

1 Like

Kick is ass out, what man loves a woman for 2 years and tell her, hey babe, thinking of moving across country without you sorry you can’t come, he’s a looser

Bye now! It’s his excuse he’s leaving and right now he’s undecided. There’s no reason to tell you that unless he’s gonna do it for sure!! He probably wants to upset you and hear you whining and begging him to stay. I’ve known men like that!!! Tell him good luck bye bye!

1 Like

Wait. It. Out if he. Picks job. You. Don’t. Need. Him. Easier said. Than. Done

Split now. Just go ahead and rip off that bandaid

Seems like a drastic way to break up with someone if you ask me, knowing you wouldn’t be able to move with him. It’s not like he’s choosing between an amazing job offer he just, what, fancies a change?

Dont waste another day ask him straight are u going or staying. No answer means no relstionship either yes or no. So glad u said u wouldnt give ur kids up though… ur an amazing mum❤ but honestly unless hea moving because a family members sick or sumit u can do better love u really can. U and ur children deserve better xxx

2 Likes

He knows you can’t go. Is there really a chance he will move, or is he just saying it to see what your reaction will be? Either way, I’d be accepting things have come to an end

17 Likes

Well you already said no man is worth losing your kids, and I feel the same way. If you’re just “seeing” him and not considering marriage then this is a no brainer from where I stand

He obviously doesn’t care about you and the children. He is thinking selfish. If he really wanted to grow and have a family with you, he wouldn’t think about moving.

He doesn’t sound like he’s even considering your relationship. Run now or risk holding to a dead relationship

wait and continue to enjoy your time with him while maintaining your same priorities–your children. celebrate with him when he starts his new life and then move on!

If he’s considering going and knows the custody issue, let him go and move on