Unique baby girl names?

Phoenix, Nairobi, Zara

My daughters name is Elaya pronounced E lay uh

I have Keisha, (key-sha) Mahli (marley) and Amiyah (a-myer) for my girls :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Ella ( my daughters name)

Ruby, Josie, Margaret (Maggie), Lani, Kailyn, Willow

Aliyah, Anayah or Mara

I always liked Rebekah, Sadie, Priscilla and Matilda (tilly), but I had boys so I didn’t get to use them. Named my boys Charles and Donald…

We have Onyx and Willow

Vienna,Katia, Sawyer, Hermione,Ginny.

Arizona (before Greys)

Named my 2nd daughter Tia, I like the old names like: Mary, Susan, Inez, Robin, Sydney, Carol, Donna, Betty, etc… Or even Irene!

Vaira (V-air-uh). My daughter’s name.

Our girl name we had picked out and never got to use because we had 2 boys was Reatta

My grand daughters names are rare kitana and Mileena out off Mortol combat

Arden, Sylvan, Evienne, Tinsley, Layanna

I love Sadie.
My daughter is Willow Elizabeth

1 Like

My daughter is Stormii I love rebel & rivah

1 Like

My daughters name is Kahlia (pronounced as Tahlia, just with a K). I thought it was a normal name, but people always comment on how different it is.

Mayli
Depeka (Dipika) Dee•Pea•Ka
Beulah Grace
Cecilee
Echo
Opal
Ermia
Amaris
Elmira
Laiton
Oakley
Haelynn
Taylen
Everly
Elliana
Huntleigh
Brynalee
Emersyn
Ryeitt

1 Like

Sincere,Lyric,Patience

Always loved the name Rae for a girl.

My granddaughter’s name is Destiny

My middle name is …drucilla…

Ashton, Kash, Alexius, Alma, Emlyn

My baby is named Alaskah :grin:

I have a piper have never heard anyone else with the same name :heart:

My daughter’s name is Caoimhe. It’s irish pronounced queva.

My girl names were rylie & willow but got 2 boys

My daughter’s are

Adrianna
Lonna
Vivianna

My angel daughter is Nova

I hear my daughter Adrianna’s name occasionally… any time I hear my daughter Lonna’s name it’s typically short for Alana. Never really hear Vivianna or Nova

I think Kalessie is soooo beautiful. Had I heard that sooner my daughter would be a Kaleesie and not Andralynn. And my son is Kian pronounced (key-in).

8 Likes

I love the names Lenox, Remi and Sloane. I just have one boy so I’ll probably never get to use them.

15 Likes

Named our first daughter Genna as husband wanted Guenivere and I told him she would hate us. Genna is a version of that. Starting to hear it more often. Second daughter is Helena Rose. Don’t EVER hear her name.

3 Likes

We named our daughter Harlow and love it. My second choice was Sedona. I also like the name Winnie.

8 Likes

Go back through your family tree to see if anything sticks out to you. My daughter is Cheryll, named after my mum. Haven’t met another 2 year old named Cheryll, but the old ladies LOVE it when they find out they have the same name :rofl: i liked Maureen (my great great aunty) but hubby said it was too old lol

16 Likes

I named my youngest Melanie. You don’t hear it that often.

6 Likes

I wanted to name my daughter Jasper but I lost that battle lol
Other unique names are Wren, Harlow, Cypress, Gwen, Genevieve, Devan and Robin

7 Likes

I always thought the name Arwen was pretty. It’s from The Lord of the Rings.

13 Likes

I loved the name Emberlee, call her Ember, but I never had a daughter. I also liked Amity too. And I think Haven was on my list. The rest on my list were kind of normal. When i was young I had triplet dolls named Marlowe, Meadow, and Melody. Thought that was kinda cool. :joy:

6 Likes

I too wanted a unique name when I named my daughter! I chose Annabelle. She’s almost 17 now :purple_heart:

4 Likes

I, for some unknown reason, love very traditional names. My daughter’s name is Emma. I also LOVE the name Gwendalyn (Gwen for short).

17 Likes

My mother passed away recently
Her name was Lavinia
Its super uncommon. She met one person with a similar name in her 65 yrs on earth.
Im also found of Matilda (Tillie for short) .

8 Likes

I have a Paisley Ann & a Everley Quinn. I’m done, done but some other names I like are Henlee Grace, Rosalee, Lylah & Harlee Rose

8 Likes

My daughter’s Adhara (in retrospect, we should’ve spelled it without the h, which is silent). It’s one of the brightest stars in the sky, and would be THE brightest if we could see ultraviolet. I like the symbolism of having hidden depths.

7 Likes

Try going with heritage…my daughter is Kaiya. Kai in Navajo means gatherer of flowers. We both loved Kai but went a bit more feminine. But today at 15 it means alot to her as her dad is Navajo Indian

26 Likes

I always wanted Scarlett or Bambi. Neither flew with my spouse. Still annoyed to this day my little girl wasn’t Bambi

4 Likes

I wanted to name my daughter Penelope and call her penny. Husband wasn’t as impressed with I’m the idea.

2 Likes

I feel like Violet is common enough for people to understand but way way less common of a name than others. I feels its a classic.

14 Likes

My son is Kason - if I would have had a girl, she would have been Kayson

1 Like

Well… since I went to a very small high school and there were 5 girls named Tammy in my grade alone… my daughters are Telsey and Trisyla…you dont find them on key chains in gas stations…lol

1 Like

I love the name nova, I couldn’t have any more children so named my chihuahua nova :heart:

3 Likes

I have a student this year named “Jensen”. I also have a “Rylin”, “Vida” and “Elliot”. Adorable!

1 Like

I love unique/different names. I have an Quynahcia (Quin-Nah-Sha) Dont care if people cant pronounce it, learn it or not, doesnt bother my daughter and she is as unique as her name.

Just don’t give her a name that is stupid and hard to spell my middle name is Florence Dad wanted it to be Ruth- Florence but mom put her foot down on that too long she said so I got it as two separate names Have a great grand daughter Brixton Ruth. As soon as you See her you’ll know what to name her We had Heather Ann picked out for our daughter when we saw her we changed our mind and named her Lynda May. No she was not born in May but in February

4 Likes

I loved the name Hayley but it was very common when my daughter was born in 2004. We changed the spelling to Haeli. I’ve never seen another one the same.

Amara I never hear this name. I was going to name my daughter who passed Amara and ended up giving her sister her first name as a middle name.

4 Likes

My baby girl was going to be Kylie Jo and if twin girls Kylie Jo and Keelie Marie (twins run in the family) but girls weren’t in the plan for me :sob: I ended up naming my furbaby Kylie Jo. I do now have a 4 year old granddaughter who is named Hailey Marie (my middle name is Marie) :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: who is my world!

2 Likes

My girls are Drew and Reese. Wanted to keep the whole unisex/boy name for a girl trend going as my mom named me Robbie. I have a niece Hadley and I love her name as well :heart:

3 Likes

My daughters are Alette, Ayla, & Aeris

3 Likes

My daughter’s name is Aurora, and she’s yet to have another “Aurora” in any of her classes! She’s in 3rd grade.
My son, who is named Karson, already has the dilemma of having another with his name in his daycare, though it’s a girl and it’s spelled slightly differently.

4 Likes

My daughter’s names are Chanelle Hazel and Brystol Sienna. I also love the names Tovah, Talon, Farren, Navi, Paisley, and Ainsley

2 Likes

My daughter was almost Nora, Samantha, Victoria, or Maia (said Maya, but the Greek spelling. One of the 7 sisters of legend). We ended up choosing Natalie

2 Likes

I like the “old timey”(a friend use to call them that and now that’s the only way I can think to describe them) names. Pearl, Ruby, Dorothy, Violet, Doris, Eve, Jeanell, Joan, etc

2 Likes

I’m not sure if my girls are all that unique but I have Sydney, Aeda, Darragh and Asher,

For my shortlist (in case I ever have another lol) I have Arrow, Luna, Reed/Reid, Grey/Gray, Aryn, Reign/Rain/Raine.

2 Likes

Colleen is not used anymore an it means sweet girl in Irish culture. My middle name.

2 Likes

My daughter is Darcie, it’s not unheard of but definitely not popular.

3 Likes

My middle name is Hazel, which is becoming popular as a first name. I’ve met a few little ones with that name & it suits them. I still, however, do not like it for my middle name.

Both of my girls have uncommon common names if that makes sense lol
Like, you’ve definitely heard them before but not super often.
Their names are Dahlia and Mileena.

1 Like

My daughter is
EllieMae (first name not first and middle)

Other considerations were,

Delilah Jean
Elmira

1 Like

I ALWAYS go looking through the comments of posts like these to see if my daughters name pops up and it NEVER does.
Londyn Marie. Marie is family name, Londyn is the only name he and I could agree on lol. I don’t know a single person with that name.

I liked Lorelai, Dylan and AnaKae too.

my daughter’s name is : Aulani very unique ! and we also had Audrielle as an option…:grin::blush:

1 Like

I have a Berkley Elyse. I also have always loved Ellison for a girl.

Siobhan but ex didn’t like it named our daughter Taniatha but she hates it and we have always called her Molly :purple_heart::sunflower:

2 Likes

My oldest daughter’s name is Sommer, my next daughter who is currently still baking in the oven is Hallie…like Halle Berry. But we had also picked out Lilah, Coraleigh…but I wanted unique but simple so Hallie it is!

We named our youngest Leighton after searching for an uncommon unique name

1 Like

My daughter is named Rhyder. It’s a common boy name, but I personally don’t know another girl with that name.

My daughter’s middle name is Rose. I don’t know anyone else with that name.

2 Likes

My girl is Lorelei (rhymes with Coral-eye) after a Herman poem of the same name about a beautiful siren.

I also liked Everleigh, Eyra, Enya, Blaire, Gabriella, Ksenia, Frejya, Hera, Ilaria, Ammaleigh, Adrianna, Artemis.

My daughters name isn’t unique but the spelling is it’s Erynn (Erin) I just wanted her to be different :woman_shrugging:

Ember is my Daughters name :orange_heart:
Sienna
And Allyanna is beautiful too
My mum wanted to name me Samara but ended up with Ashleen which is derived from the Irish name Aisling pronounced Ashlyn :heart:

My daughters name is Raleigh! Rah-lee, like Raleigh North Carolina. I’ve also heard it pronounced Ray-lee. :woman_shrugging:t3:

My daughters are name Coraline like the movie and Cassia if she was going to be a boy we were going to name her Cassian but she turned out to be a girl so we shortened it.

My grandsons name is Braxton-Blair quite common now last year there were 2 other kids in his class named braxton :rofl::joy:
V.j & twins Sarge & Bycie

My name isn’t heard of too often…Keela. My middle name is Lynn. I’ve only heard it just a few times in my almost 50 years here. And I don’t ever find it on keychains, mugs, ect.

My two girls are Aspynn Grace and Oakleigh Ray. Expecting another girl in October. I’ve always loved Willow and Sawyer but they’ve become super common. Thinking of Octavia, Calliope, Ireland, Sunny… Ryann after my late brother. I like Scotland as a middle name. I have a whole list of names and most were mentioned above. Remember it’s really hard for kids to learn how to spell some unique names and hard for some people to pronounce it. One lady asked me what my newborns name was and I said Aspynn (like Aspen Colorado) and she said “oh Aspirin! What a beautiful name!” Lol. It was too funny.

We wanted to name our next daughter if we had one Zoey Brooke (Zo) for short my daughters name is Ryleigh Ava

My name is Kendi, I’ve never known anyone else with my name. Although a lot of people call me “Candy” and that’s annoying af

My daughters name is Alana I don’t hear it often but I love it! We call her lala, loni, Lana, lan

We named our daughter Lorelai (Laura-LIE)

We always get that people have never heard that name, or have never met someone with it but have heard it

1 Like

Svea was what my friend was gna name hers but she didn’t. Pronounced svey-yah. Love it.

1 Like

I’m very fond of the names Bristol and Connleigh (con-lee). But my daughter that I lost would have been named Amberleigh Victoria

My daughter’s name is Raelynn and I love it, she prefers to be called Rae Rae but it can go so many ways :heart:

1 Like

My daughters are Kennedy, Anabelle and Lillian (call her Lillie). Not super uncommon but we wanted Celtic names bc of our heritage.

I called my daughter Kavanagh, she is called after my step grandfather and an Irish writer who is from the same place my dad is from.

Joan is an old classic name that has totlly vanished at the moment

1 Like

My daughters name is Lakeley! And some of the names on my list for next baby are Wrenley, Haisley, & Haylen.

I named my daughter Isla (eye-la) I love it. A lot of people pronounce it wrong and want to say (is-la) but I just say it’s pronounced like Island :desert_island:

1 Like

My daughter is Celecity. Pronounced like Felicity but it’s sa-Liss-city. Good luck cause it’s so hard to find a unique pretty name.

My daughter is Kamrynn Grace. When coming up with her name, it was between that, Naomi Lynn and Skyler Jane.
I also liked Adrienne, Aria, Novalee, Harper, Makenna (which is now overused IMO), and Kassidee.

My daughter’s name is Mally (rhymes with Sally). I also love Logan for a girl.

Esmé-storm is my nieces name :grin: but I love the name storm-leigh or demi-leigh (they were my choices if I ever had a daughter) but have a son lol x