Was I in the wrong to eat take out in front of my bonus kids?

No way. You fed the children a great meal. Chicken and shrimp. Yummy!!! Your hubby should be ashamed of himself.

1 Like

I can see where it would be hurtful, but I am the bio parent of the children who did not get the take out, I just let him know if he was bringing home take out to eat in front next time bring for everyone or eat before getting home. Yes, it hurts my boys feelings. And even if that hadn’t have happened I could never eat takeout in front of someone else especially children. But if the kids weren’t bothered I’d just let this set the stage for consideration in the future for takeout so everyone gets to feel inclusive!

2 Likes

You’re pregnant!? You’re a mother fucking goddess, you fed the kids. Your husband can get the hell over it! With todays world what such a petty thing to even be upset about. Mommy gets cravings keep feeding that baby what you want !

NO. YOU ARE NOT WRONG. Number 1, you are PREGNANT. Number 2, you took care of them FIRST. You can eat whatever you want. WITHOUT PERMISSION OF OTHERS. It is NOT selfish, or rude. You literally fed your kids first, THEN fed yourself.

I make my son dinner n will order food for me n my husband if we don’t want the same thing. As long as the kids ate n have full bellies than you did nothing wrong.

Pregnancy cravings are a WHOOOOLE new level of cravings! It’s like your body gets mad at you if you don’t satisfy the craving!
That being said, NO!
You’re not wrong. You made sure the kids were fed. It’s not like you ate in their faces.
Honestly, there’s nights (like tonight), I’ll make my kids something and I’ll eat something else.
It’s not uncommon, nor does it make you a bad step-mom. End of story.

2 Likes

Just to add, it’s not like you sat there and cooked his kids something then went and got you and your biological child fast food :woman_shrugging:t2:

No even my husband said no the only way you would be wrong was if they weren’t eating and your pregnant :pregnant_woman: you wanted something else

As long as if the kids did not mind. I rather my kids eat home cooked anyways so as a parent I personally would not be mad. You are pregnant and took the time to make a meal, and you fed them first THEN realized there was not enough for you. You put them first, so kuddos to you! He should see it that way. You are a good momma :heart:

4 Likes

Yeh you should have ordered the take out for everyone or no one… That’s so cruel…

3 Likes

Given the circumstances, he shouldn’t be that mad. You gave them a homemade meal that sounds amazing tbh way better than take-oit

Your an adult, and your pregnant? Wtf ?

3 Likes

i can see where he’s coming from, but i don’t see the big deal lol. seems they’re all focused on what they were given. that sounds like a good dinner, just sounds like they were upset you got something different than what they were given. it’s not like you ordered take out without making them anything and said “find yourself something to eat” lol, you fed them first and just wanted something different.

especially if they were fine with it before they even saw your food, then i’d say it’s not that big of a deal.

2 Likes

Seriously? You fed the kids a home cooked meal… you are NOT in the wrong. He can shut up and feed the kids if he has an issue with it. :woman_shrugging:

Yeah that’s definitely rude

It’s not a big deal. You fed them and there wasn’t enough for you :woman_shrugging:t3: would he rather you starve??

You already know that ish was wrong.

5 Likes

Sounds selfish… you couldve st least asked them if they wanted anything…

1 Like

Me and my hubby say no you’re not in the wrong especially because you’re pregnant, I could text him when I was at work while I was pregnant with whatever I was craving and he would come bring it to me at work without me asking. I make separate meals a lot for my hubby and our kids because he’s picky and our middle son is even more picky.

2 Likes

Honestly if i was your husband id definitely reconsider what kind of woman i married, and how i fucked up in getting you pregnant.

You could have at least brought extra on the side for them for later

No o don’t think so. Your pregnant for one, 2 kids don’t always get what the adults get. This is why all kids now think the deserve a trophy, why they are so entitled.

2 Likes

I don’t think you were wrong. Kids need to learn their not entitled to something just because another person has it; that’s not how the world works. They ate a healthy meal. Their NEEDS were met. And I have no doubt they’ve probably had take out many times.

7 Likes

…ur pregnant there wasn’t enough food for u and the kids were fed??? I’m confused where the issue is here???

5 Likes

If I buy a take away it’s for everyone so yes you’re in the wrong

4 Likes

The only issue I see was that there wasn’t enough dinner for you in the first place, especially since you’re pregnant. You are not wrong at all for ordering yourself something. The kids ate and kids need to learn that they don’t always get something.

10 Likes

Wow. You made sure the kids all ate which is an awesome mother thing to do. He’s mad because you ordered food for yourself because you were hungry too and we’re craving something else? Oooh girl you put that guy in his place. He’s acting like you didn’t feed them and ate in front of them while they were starving. I’m sorry but f*** that guy

7 Likes

Nope sorry… I’ve sacrificed my food enough… Always made sure the kids n hubs were fed before me. Even if hubs was working, still doesn’t leaving much if anything for me. If I’m going to eat out cuz I’m Prego n they’re all fed, then I’m going to eat out. Don’t give AF if it’s in front of my step or bio kids. IM the adult. Maybe get a better man or provide more food for y’all but even in the best of times, us mom’s get the worst of times. Sacrifices n :poop:.

4 Likes

Everyone or no one. It’s that simple.

5 Likes

Sounds like a d**k move to me. How would you feel if the shoe was on the other foot had you been the child? I can tell you because I was that child! If you want them to resent you please continue.

2 Likes

My husband and I regularly make dinner for the kids and then order for ourselves only :woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

Yes that’s rude, if you wanted something else I would have excused myself from the house and went out to eat alone.

Pretty rude . Would u want some one to order food and eat it in front of your kid

Omg so so wrong :cry: wow selfish and wtf bonus kids just wow feel so sorry for your bonus kids he so needs to leave you now red flags much

8 Likes

Nothing wrong with that. Make sure your husband knows you took care of your children, even “bonus” children (hate that term), and fixed them a delightful dinner and there was none left for you. What did he want you to do? Skip eating? That is just garbage to be ticked off for you for getting take out.

4 Likes

Nope. They were fed and you had a craving. I think he was just jealous. Maybe more communication?? Maybe he wanted some ???

2 Likes

Ya I wouldnt do that either everyone has some or no one

1 Like

The children were fed… there wasn’t enough for you so you ordered… what am I missing here? Why is he so pissed? Cause you needed to eat?!

3 Likes

I wouldn’t say you were wrong. But you could have asked if they wanted something maybe a small treat. Honestly I would have rather had what you made for dinner!

2 Likes

If it was your biological children it probably wouldn’t be so gross but bc they are bonus it makes it a bit more sensitive and inappropriate imo

1 Like

I wouldn’t do so…. Why not order enough for everyone? He could’ve handled it better.

1 Like

Well I’m sure you knew before you cooked there wouldn’t have been enough… so yea, kinda messed up…

I grew up with the only steps in the house we’re the ones on the front porch.

2 Likes

Yes your in the wrong how come there wasn’t something else in the kitchen that you could have had so your pregnant not a big deal those kids should be as angry as your husband is and as for you shame on you for feeling entitled because your pregnant that’s just an excuse for yourself to keep from feeling bad when you know you did wrong peanut butter and jelly sandwich could have worked or cheese and crackers with fruit I’m sure there had to be something in the house so they wouldn’t feel mistreated wow I just think you where selfish you didn’t even get them a drink to split so they could feel special as well or did yo even think of them and their feelings at all now you need to think about just how selfish you are

4 Likes

No you were not wrong at all!! You fed them, had a craving and ate something for yourself. There is nothing wrong with that!! So not let anyone make you feel bad!!

3 Likes

I don’t think your wrong. There are plenty of times my husband and I will order us something while the kids get something else. Even during the day I’ll feed the kids lunch or breakfast and if I don’t want that I’ll order myself what I want.

1 Like

I never order out unless I get enough to feed everyone, even if they just ate or not at home I still get enough for them.

5 Likes

Some of y’all are so dramatic, jeez :rofl: acting like she starved the children or something

12 Likes

I am just curious, what did your husband have for dinner? When you were preparing your dinner, you should have known that you needed to fix more.
I just get an odd vibe how you refer to the children as your husband’s children and bonus children. When you married your husband, those children became your children.

6 Likes

Its not something I would’ve done

1 Like

Sounds like they had a healthy home cooked meal to me vs take out! I don’t see the big deal?? Take everyone out for ice cream or something if he’s really being that petty. My husband wouldn’t care.

4 Likes

No. Ur not wrong even if u made enough for urself but his actions are clear so if I was u I would leave while I can

4 Likes

You’re pregnant, not wrong

1 Like

Sounds like a calculated play on your part, how you feel isnt really a concern tbh the big question is how did the kiddos feel? Did they like/have a choice in the dinner you served them? They were the ones “left out” and I doubt if they understand more than you got something they didnt, you most likely made the kids feel excluded. It’s ok to make mistakes no one is perfect but apologies with an excuse is in order

4 Likes

I probably would’ve just ordered take out for everyone to avoid the chance of anyone saying anything

6 Likes

I can’t even believe people are harping on you. First of all bonus kid is nicer way of saying step children which is important she established in this scenario because it explains the dynamic of the family involved.
No you were not wrong you mean food and then there wasn’t enough. You’re carrying and growing a human being and you were hungry and you fed yourself and your unborn child. You are not wrong sounds like your husband was looking for problems because the kids we’re well fed and based on the story did not complain or cry about it it was him finding something to be upset about. It sounds toxic and unhealthy and if these are the things that you’re mad about in your relationship then your life is pretty good cuz this is minor stuff. This is not the same thing is if you went to a restaurant and didn’t order anything for the kids because they are not your biological children etc everybody’s fed. Definitely a first world problem to complain that somebody got a home cooked meal over a restaurant meal. And this whole mentality of absolutely everything has to be equal as ridiculous. As life goes by you will see. Sometimes your kids are going to cost you different amounts. They’re going to want different types of birthday parties or Christmas gifts. Maybe you spend a little extra time with a particular child just based on your schedule. It doesn’t have to be completely equal. That’s raising cry babies. It has to be fair, sure but not exactly the same. Whenever my kids want pizza we order a pizza and my husband always gets himself a little something extra. A hero or a calzone or whatever. If every single person got here would be an extra $50. But if he decides he wants to hear in the kids are fine with pizza who cares. No you’re perfectly fine and people are the one to find drama if they want it and problems if they want it.

4 Likes

I would’ve ordered take out for everyone.

3 Likes

Ummm… you are the adult! You basically decide what you do and don’t do. I’m guessing you have put yourself out and their needs in front of yours numerous times. :thinking: Differing circumstances… you fed them… they will survive!

4 Likes

Ahhhhh…I probably wouldn’t’ve done it but…ahhh

1 Like

As long as everyone is fed who who cares ? I eat semi different then my family n I always tell my husband o spend my hard earned money on it so fuck off. My money my body my food n go away

You made them a meal and got yourself something, it’s not like anyone was left hungry. Tell him to zip it and have a snickers :laughing:

5 Likes

Honestly I think he may be looking into it like the child you share may get treated differently if you treat yourself differently. It is a common concern for parents to be concerned that bonus parents will have and show a difference… I would have held the standard that if 1 gets it everyone gets it but that’s just how my husband and I are, we try not to make the kids feel left out of something that is a treat. To each there own but I do think he has valid reasoning to be upset, maybe not livid but it would raise concerns for me so I can see his point.

6 Likes

I probably would have ordered them a treat with my takeout, depending on what I ordered- a cookie, ice cream or something for dessert so their feelings wouldn’t have been hurt but that’s just me

5 Likes

Hell yes your ass was wrong !

Omg who cares…even if there was enough and you wanted something different…not like you let them starve.

6 Likes

Nope not wrong at all. Not like you let them starve and you’re a freakin adult.

2 Likes

Not at all … I make my kids what they want for dinner some nights and order takeout for me their dad quite often .

2 Likes

Yes you were completely wrong and should feel bad your just ignorant

6 Likes

I would have just found something else to eat but your pregnant and I’m pregnant so I know when the m cravings hit them cravings hit and you feed them it’s not like you didn’t feed them . But I wait till there in bed to go get me take out or something else so I don’t feel bad :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Not like you didn’t feed them I would rather my kids eating home made then take out besides your pregnant you can have whatever the hell you crave

3 Likes

Would it have been wrong if you wasn’t pregnant and ordered alcohol and gave them juice???

1 Like

You made them a bomb dinner, your pregnant, you could be craving something completely different. You did nothing wrong.

6 Likes

Tell ur husband to chill out …

2 Likes

I really don’t believe in the cravings bullshit. But no you didn’t do anything wrong.

Absolutely you were in the wrong that is beyond RUDE!!!

Idiot for making you feel that way!!! Dont feel bad momma.

5 Likes

People get bent of of shape about the most trivial things. And pregnant women get a pass. You’re not supposed to eat shellfish, anyway.

1 Like

No you were NOT in the wrong.

3 Likes

You’re pregnant! Free pass!

1 Like

Heck no you not wrong I would’ve went and ate it where no one could see but you prego he needs to suck it up

Nope I eat out in front of my kids sometimes but they do eat! It doesn’t bother them! They get take out sometimes when they go to park & to friends cause I send them with money

Honestly he may have just took it the wrong way and didn’t see it from your point of you you were pregnant and craving take out, if there fed good who cares :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

It’s not wrong but the majority of the kids will prefer take out not matter what you cook them, it’s absolutely not the same but I’m a babysitter and I have a 3 years twins boys that I take care since they were babies , sometimes they stay over , if I’m buying food for me and my daughter , I will definitely buy for them, if I’m short , I just cook something so they are not too hungry , buy my food and get them something little so they do not feel left out

Meh. Nah. Especially not when you’re pregnant. Like, duh dude :joy:. It’d be one thing if you ordered for yourself and gave them cereal or something

4 Likes

You made them something good. Like not just a sandwich or cereal lol you actually cooked them a meal so why would he be mad? Girl do not feel bad! You are pregnant and were craving something else PLUS you slaved over the stove cooking his kids a meal.

2 Likes

Everyone’s being a little ridiculous, they are fed and fed well. She even gave up her portion so they could!!! If she feed them shiz and got herself something good then ok but shrimp Alfredo sounds good af to me!!

1 Like

You are absolutely not wrong!

All of you jumping on her about calling them her “bonus” kids need to lay off a little. Perhaps she included that part to point out that they are his kids and not hers biologically. This is definitely an important piece of info to have and anyone that’s ever had a bad step parent knows.

I had a step mom that used to sit in the front seat of the car eating foot long chili dogs and tater tot’s from Sonic while they brought home sandwich stuff for my two siblings and I to eat. Happened almost every Friday. It was hurtful and I very much resented her.

2 Likes

I would have loved a home cooked meal as a child. I hated take out food.

Yes that’s rude…kids would always rather eat out of course you made a wonderful dinner but kids love take out food JS

First i was scared about investing, but when i made up my mind then i realized that making money in binary option trading is very easy when you’re with the right manager. Mrs Elizabeth Selezneve , who helped me in managing my trading account. Then after a couple of days i received an email concerning my trading about withdrawing my profit immediately, so up till now i still haven’t believed i made my profit in justifying mmthree trading days and am very happy and once again, contact her via the link below​:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

Plenty of times I got my kid treats or a Happy Meal when I didn’t get one. Kids need to learn to think of others and not be measuring constantly. Everyone doesn’t get everything equally in a family, everyone gets what they need. That said, it feels like this is more about the step-family dynamic than the actual food. I doubt it would be a big deal if they were your mutual children. It’s tricky to navigate especially with a new baby on the way. The way you’re trying to make it sound like there accidentally wasn’t enough of what you cooked and being careful to call them “bonus” kids belies a sense that the kids are still sensitive about their role. While I think this would be no big deal with your bio kids, this was probably an unwise move. You should have been straight and said “Hey, pregnancy is tough, and I’m really craving X, so I think I’m going to order it. You guys mind having what I cook and maybe trying a bite of mine?” Then thanking them for their maturity would have been treating them like your actual children instead of “bonus” children. It’s the way you did it for me.

2 Likes

I don’t ever do things like but to each his own.

1 Like

You made them dinner geez no you are ok.

2 Likes

Girl. Those kids were fed. You did just fine.

3 Likes

It sounds like a lot of women on this thread forgot how it feels to be pregnant & craving food. It also sounds like y’all let your kids run your kitchens. In my house kids get fed what’s cooked (all foods they like of course) & if I want something different I’m going to use my money I earned to buy it. Why should a pregnant woman wait to eat what she’s craving?

10 Likes

I don’t think so unless it’s something they love

1 Like

Not something I would do…without getting the kids take out to…but everyone is differant

5 Likes

What is happening here??? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Your husband is over reacting. I did this with my own child while I was pregnant & craving certain foods. Shoot even recently it’s not unusual for me to put a pizza in for my kids & order out for myself. Everyone’s happy so…

Besides they’re his kids. It’s his responsibility to make sure they’re fed. You take care of you.

4 Likes

I think it’s rude and selfish. If one person buys takeaway, then everyone gets takeaway or atleast offered and given a choice. You could have bought them a chocolate or ice cream. If I go to someone’s house with, for example a Happy Meal for my kids, I take one for all kids. Years ago a friend of mine took freddo frogs for her kids only to their cousins house. The other kids missed out. Wrong on all accounts in my book.

No wrong especially being pregnant. I will make my kids food & go out to eat with my husband or we order DoorDash. Not like you left them hungry and ate in front of them.

1 Like