What are the side effects of birth control?

Okay, so I was on birth control for five years. I felt like I didn’t have any side effects like mood swings, but I’ve been off for three years, and I definitely do feel calmer, I just recently got an Iud a week ago, and the “crazy” came out again. Just not being able to hold back the comments, and it’s like it just consumed me, I couldn’t just let the situation go. Has anyone had a similar problem while on bc, or am I just crazy…

The side effects are honestly really harsh for me when it comes to mood swings. I was on the pill for 2 years and it was alright from what I remember and then I switched to the IUD. These mood swings were something else. They got better as time went on and I tried working on it. When it was time to remove it, I got the implant instead to try it out since it’s easier to remove and also it lasts less time. Let me tell you my mood swings have been even worse than with the IUD. Like I go through so many emotions just day to day. It’s really crazy that even my significant other had to say something. I had warned him that I might be a bit emotional, but he said that this is something completely different. I don’t really have any of the other side effects but these mood swings are 100% something else that isn’t you.