What are your opinions on having a second baby shower?

Every baby deserves a shower!

3 Likes

My family has always done one for the first boy and one for the first girl

I think it’s tacky. If you want to have a celebration for the baby, and you’re not looking to make it a baby shower, have an introduction party like a couple months after baby arrives. If you really want a shower but genuinely don’t want gifts, you can have one and just request no gifts in bold print on the invite. If you’re afraid that’s not good enough, you can say no gifts, but if you feel obligated to contribute you can bring a dish to share with everyone. Some people truly can’t handle coming over without bringing something. It’s just slightly less tacky that way. But with my second I just had an intro party/his sister’s 10th birthday party. She insisted. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Usually if the 2nd one is the opposite sex or there are a lot of years between yes a full baby shower. My sisters gave me a “Sprinkle” with my 2nd boy 2&1/2 years apart. It was still a get together with family, friends, & food, but they only brought diapers, wipes, or small gifts.

Everyone told me no…but I feel like every baby should be celebrated??? I mean I wouldn’t expect all kinds of gifts and things of that sort.

1 Like

You should get one for each child!

2 Likes

Does anyone ever look at the profiles of the people who throw shade???..I mean, I’m just so curious about their life …that they would be so mean
** Have your Shower Girlfriend :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:
Babies are a celebration!!

1 Like

Yes you do. There is nothing wrong with celebrating the birth of your 2nd child.

1 Like

My mother in law threw me a baby shower for all 4 of mine

2 Likes

I thought they were called sprinkle, especially if gender is different.

I think you should! Who cares anyone who wants to complain then tell them they don’t need to be there :heart: I have friends who have 3 kids 4 kids 5 kids I will buy gifts for every one even without a shower.

I know a woman who has had TEN kids and had one for all 10 kids! Do what you want and if your family/friends don’t like it they don’t have to go :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Wait why wouldn’t the second baby get a shower??
I didn’t have one for my first due to personal issues but if I ever did have another one I would want a shower

I say have that shower and forget people saying no it’s not up to them it’s up to you

I had a baby shower for my second and that was with a second boy! Your having a boy after a little girl so you need some new things anyway.

Yes every baby deserves celebrated.

No shower for 2 baby just greedy

:flushed: we celebrate every baby in our family 1,2,3,4,5 :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: such a blessing!

I think it depends. I had a shower for my first, but I didn’t have a second child till 6 years after that. By then I had nothing. So I had a shower for him. And then I had another baby 18 months after that, had a shower because it was a different gender. But I had most things already for the youngest so it was more of a diaper shower.

I didn’t with my second, only because they were both girls and I was fully prepared. We are pregnant with our third and it’s a boy. I have majority of what I need because of my girls… we just need to get some clothing and crib bedding. With everything going on we probably won’t have a baby shower but we have a registry for people if they want get us something.

I had 2 showers but there was a huge age difference between the two. I think it should be ok considering your first was a girl and this one is a boy. My sister called it a sprinkle shower. I got diapers and what ever other stuff I had gotten rid of over the years that I thought was helpful

Pretty sure each baby gets a baby shower usually or am I mistaken?

2 Likes

My cousin has had 3. All girls, all due during spring to early summer and they’re 7 , 3 and due next month. But she’s an idiot, knowing she wants to keep having babies until she has a boy she got rid of everything the first 2 times hoping it would be a boy

Yes it a boy
Have a shower
You deserve it! Your baby deserves it

1 Like

Go for it if someone wants to put one on for you. I wish I’d had one for my second child, now looking back. My boys were 7.5 years apart & with my second it was high - risk plus my father had had a stroke so things were crazy. And I guess maybe no one knew how it would all turn out but I had a healthy baby boy:)

Do a diaper raffle! Have everyone bring a pack of diapers and put in names to choose someone for a prize you have picked out. Or have everyone bring a book and write a saying inside. I suppose it depends on the situation. With my first I was young and didn’t have many people show up. Since that I have gained a lot of friends and family, so I will deff throw one again. If someone doesn’t like it then they don’t have to show up :woman_shrugging: I guess some people just throw multiples to be greedy just don’t be a greedy person I guess haha whatever you do in life there will always be someone there to disagree with you

Of course you should have a shower! I would just tell people to not bring gifts unless they want to bring diapers

I had 3 kids & only a shower for first 1…guess it depends if someone will throw u one?

If it is a shower for a baby girl after a baby boy and vice a versa you should not feel anu guilt in throwing a shower or party for celebration or your new little one. No matter what, any baby is a perfect explanation of a shower. You do you. Dont ask for anyones input. Its your baby, you dicide. And if no one else agrees, let the people who love you celebrate with you. I dont have the ability to have a second child bit if i did, i would have a baby shower for every baby i bring into this world. Congrats on your new addition to your family!

1 Like

I had 2 baby showers my husbands step ffatheri a preacher so the ladies of the church wanted to throw me a shower and then my mom threw me one aswell and that included all my family friends

Do it! I hate that people say you can only have one. Have the party, celebrate baby and screw who ever doesn’t agree

3 Likes

I had a baby shower for my second, and I had two boys. I wanted one just to celebrate having another child, not for gifts. But if you’re having a girl there is stuff you can’t reuse like clothes and some bedding/blankets. In my invitations I put “gifts are appreciated but not expected” and kept the registry really limited to things we needed for a new baby; diapers, wipes, new car seat, and a new baby monitor. But people LOVE buying baby things and we got way more than we asked for!

2 Likes

I had a baby shower with my 7th child it dont matter what the number is have a baby shower for him

2 Likes

A baby is always a celebration!!!

2 Likes

Every baby needs to be celebrated! Go for it and tell the negative people that . Enjoy your celebration.

1 Like

I always felt that if you had more then one child especially if the age difference is big or the opposite gender you should definitely have another full shower. Now if you had your babies close together & they were the same gender then maybe do whats known as a “sprinkle” or small shower. But seriously either way a child is a blessing & should be celebrated regardless if the baby is your 1st or 10th lol. Congrats!

Bull! Every baby gets his or her own shower.

Who is saying that to you , nasty buggers, girl you have a celebration coming then have a baby shower too if the moaners complain tell them to sod off.

Just don’t call it a baby shower. Call it a baby celebration lol no gifts required. It’s not like you can have a celebration is the first 6 weeks of his birth so why not. I would lol

I had one for each of my girls. If someone wants to throw you one its no one elses business. I say go for it.

I think you should have a baby shower for each baby just as you throw a birthday party for each year idk it’s something you celebrate whoever wants to celebrate with you great whoever doesn’t well it’s fine people don’t say omg she or she is having another birthday party so why can’t you celebrate another baby

Have the baby shower every baby is a different human and deserves the same attention

Sure have one !
Doesn’t have to be an excuse to get friends together

Have a baby shower for every child

I don’t know why not. I was alone while pregnant with my first. No baby shower. The 2d I had a crowd around me. And had a wonderful, fun shower thanks to my bff. One year later she had a 3rd child so we duplicated the shower. You can have a shower for each child. It’s not the gifts but the fellowship and comradory.

3 Likes

My vote is every baby is a blessing and deserves everything you did with 1st child. Especially if they are spaced apart. My family will have 2 or 3 baby showers for 1 child. Lol
God bless you and your family, happy easy labor day!

I did one for each of my 3 kids. 1st was a boy. 2nd was a girl. So my MIL threw one bc I didn’t have a lot of girl clothes. And the 3rd was a girl too but it was mostly a get together with friends and family. We had a cook out. Everyone brought diapers and wipes.

1 Like

Whoever told you that lied! Your second child deserves a baby shower just like your first child and any child you have in the future!

Have the shower! All babies should be celebrated! A gift is not required, if they dont want to come or send one then they fobt need to do either. It us not about them! It is about you and the new baby and you immediate family celebrating the new life coming and being happy!

5 Likes

Have a welcome home party after you have the baby. I did that with my 2nd & 3rd kiddos. I had a baby shower for my first, but when I was pregnant with my second it was my husband’s first and my second, some of his family threw him a baby shower (and I didn’t have to attend that one :rofl::rofl:)

Don’t listen to what everyone saying…it’s your baby you do what you want…I had 3 girls and 3 baby showers…if they don’t like it they can choose not to go!! Simple as that!!

Times have changed and a second shower is fine now. When I had my kids it was only for the first one but not anymore. When I got married and had babies we didn’t even have a registry or wish list. We got what we got. :sob::heart:

1 Like

The second baby shower is called a sprinkle. It’s usually not as big as first just family and very close friends.

Yes you can…my daughters and daughter in law had baby showers for each child…

1 Like

Have a shower it doesn’t matter what people think, it’s your child, if they don’t want to come it’s their problem.

Ooh I’m on my third and having a “shower” don’t care about gifts either but I’m celebrating all my babies the same and I’ve not gotten any sort of negative or confused remarks about it (not that I’d care any) I love my babies equally and they deserve to be celebrated equally and so they will be :heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: shower your new baby with love just as you did your first!!! Xoxo

I think one for the first of each gender is appropriate. But not if it was the same gender as your previous pregnancy.

1 Like

I don’t understand. Why wouldn’t or couldn’t you have one. Another child is having a baby? Even if it was the same one having another one it wud b ok’. You just can’t worry about what people think.

1 Like

I did only cause my kids r 6 years apart and different genders and different dads and we r trying now for another and I will have a baby shower cause diaper and wipes r always a good gift and my boyfriends family is very big and they all could go to the first baby shower

I had one for my other 2 kids but didn’t with my third due to lack of friends. But do it,

I had one for my 1st born (daughter) and my 2nd child (boy) but not their 2 younger brothers, they were all close on age and I literally used the same things. Haha. and also my last baby because there were 14 tears difference I was starting over. I have friend who have had baby showers for each child. Each child is different and obviously different sexes so you would need clothes etc… it doesnt have to be some big party but still its nove to celebrate baby no matter how many pregnancies/ baby showers you have had previously. Congratulations btw!

Have one it dues not mater you should have one for Avery child you have it is fun and you get to be a round people how care

I had for all 3 of mine. 1st was a girl. 3 years later a boy and 12 years later another boy. Nothing wrong with it just what someone choose to do

Since this one is a boy, I’d have a shower. Besides, all babies should be showered. Doesn’t matter how far apart they are in age.

1 Like

I had a baby shower with my second one. I had my son in 2002, and her in 2007. They were almost 6 years apart, so of course I didnt have anything for her. I say have one if you want.

Have a sprinkle, not a shower! People can give little onesies and clothes, whereas with a shower the gifts are more pricey.

I gave my daughter one with her first baby…then she had a second baby( no shower)…then she was expecting twins (boy & girl) so I gave her another shower bc not everyone has twins …plus she needed double everything!!!:heart:…the only person that refused to come was my Best friend…she made me feel Awful about it. Needless to say we are not friends any longer…:broken_heart: So…Yes have the Shower!! Congrats…celebrate that precious baby!!!:balloon::blue_heart::heart:

3 Likes

Yes you can. The first baby was a girl second a boy. I had 3 boys had one on my first and last they were 3 and 4 years apart

Have your baby shower and don’t worry about those who mind because they don’t matter .

1 Like

My family gave me one with each child I have 6 but everyone is different I say do it and have fun

Go for it! When we have a Baby Shower for the 2nd, 3rd, etc, we call it a Baby Sprinkle.

1 Like

A lot of people think showers are only for first babies, But those that choose to celebrate a second baby usually call the celebration a sprinkle and gifts are usually diapers, wipes maybe an outfit because the thought is you already have the bigger items, but most people don’t hold their own shower/sprinkle, could this be why people are put off?

I had the traditional shower with my first, and a small luncheon for my second

There is nothing wrong with having another baby shower and if some one thinks it is wrong…well they don’t have to come to it. :+1:

I had three showers, if they don’t like it they don’t have to come. Diapers are always needed.

yes you do i had 3 kids and got one for each so go for it

Whatever u feel is right just do it !! Every child is reason for celebration!!!

IV always believed if the birth of a 2nd child if it’s a different sex or if it’s been 2 years go for it You have already donated sold or gave away your first borns things.so party.plus it’s nice to have a party.

I had one for each of my kids but then they are 10 years apart I had complications of getting pregnant

You should have a baby shower for every child,why not

They dont know what they’re talking about …each child gwts a baby shower

You should have one for each child maybe not a big one

I’ve always heard to have to have one huge shower for your first baby. And if y you wait a long time in between children (5years or more) OR if you’re having a different sex, it’s ok to have a second.Now, don’t come at me because I don’t necessarily agree. That was just what I’ve heard from some is proper baby shower etiquette. That may be outdated. Personally, I think every baby is a blessing and is want to celebrate each and every one regardless!! But, if it isn’t your shower…a lot of your guests are probably dreading it to be honest, lol. Especially if they feel like they just attended of your baby showers. I’m not saying the guests aren’t happy for you, they probably are. That special day is to make the mother- to-be happy… and that’s ok!! Congratulations!!

Go ahead and have one, I believe all children should be celebrated!

1 Like

I think its a great idea to have a baby shower for your boy. The haters aint invited.

You can have a baby shower for each new baby! Let the haters hate.

Yes you get a second baby shower. You’re having a 2nd baby

1 Like

I think you should be able to have as many as you want it’s a time to celebrate​:tada: :confetti_ball::balloon:

Every baby is a celebration :confetti_ball:!

I gave baby showers for 2nd, 3rd

I believe their are no rules for showering a new baby.

Don’t let people tell you what to do. Enjoy your babies the way you want.

I dont know why some one would be hateful.you need a baby shower

Perfectly Fine I had one :point_up: with my 3rd & At my work they threw Me. Surprise Shower :hugs:

All babies should get one if one did. That’s just crazy

Go for it hom and you deserve one

I had two I say go for it

The duggars did with each pregnancy

It’s a sprinkle shower

I had a baby shower for all 3 of my kids

Get your baby shower!

1 Like