What can we do to keep our toddler distracted so we can have alone time?

Nap time or bed time lol

7 Likes

Is this question real or a joke I would never leave my child just to go 4 a shag

13 Likes

Ummm wait tell heā€™s in bed??? You donā€™t want to leave him alone but youā€™ll leave him alone to have sex??? How does that make sense?

2 Likes

Smfh!!! A 2 year goes to sleep around 7 or 8 and he naps in between the day unless you getting it on all day and night. I canā€™t believe Iā€™m even reading this BS!

11 Likes

Wait till nap time or bedtime?

Welcome to parenthoodā€¦ do out when heā€™s sleeping?

5 Likes

When you go to bed? Like a normal couple?

15 Likes

You serious? Try after he goes to bed.

How about you wait until he goes to sleep or takes a damn napā€‹:woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming:. How do you really think its ok to leave him alone for you to have sex?? Your kids come first. Wait until he goes to bed. Do you understand that he could get really hurt if you leave him unattended??? This is such a stupid question :roll_eyes: I hope you dont have anymore kids because you dont need them.

Sorry to say but sometime you have to do it around his sleep schedule! I have 3 under 4 and my hubby and I do what we can to keep them occupied and unfortunately the older 2 donā€™t nap anymore so itā€™s night, morning, or when we can get them distracted enough to leave us alone

1 Like

Reallyā€¦. Wait for your child to go to sleep. Then yā€™all can have your time :woman_facepalming:t2:

5 Likes

Shouldnā€™t have had a baby if you wanted ā€œaloneā€ time. Wait until he goes to bed

6 Likes

This has to be a joke

2 Likes

Wait until your kid goes to bed :woman_facepalming: Iā€™ve gone over 2 years with no hanky panky and Iā€™d still wait till bed time lol

3 Likes

Are you for real?
I think youā€™re joking

2 Likes

Yikes alot of you must he perfect parents way up there on your high horses. Heaven forbid people arenā€™t helicopter parents, i wonder how you guys sleepā€¦ must be in the same room with one eye open so you can always watch themšŸ™„

13 Likes

Heā€™s 2 and youā€™re leaving him alone to go fuhck?? SERIOUSLY?

16 Likes

Have sex at night lmao

You donā€™t like to be interrupted? I guess you probably shouldnā€™t of had kids.:thinking:

7 Likes

Get a babysitter once a week for a couple of hours. Get take out and get it on šŸ¤·

2 Likes

Im sorry but this post is brilliant. Have you perfect ladies never wanted a moment with your other half without a child attached??? There is nothing wrong with what she is asking and itā€™s important to still find time to work on your relationship

17 Likes

Mom life. :woman_shrugging: sounds like yā€™all need a date night with a babysitter once a week or get it on at night while your kids in bed. Not smart to leave your kid unattended while you get laid. IMO.

1 Like

Ummmm do it at nightā€¦ like any other parent or during nap timeā€¦ :expressionless:

3 Likes

Iā€™m glad Iā€™m not the only one mad about this. Like take care of your kid first than fuck! Heā€™s 2 he wants love and need attention and will of course get scared when you leave him alone and disappear :woman_facepalming:

Wait til the semen demon is napping

When the child gets into something and possibly loses his life due to be unattended you can have all the alone time you want. Apparently screwing is more important than his safety

4 Likes

Um when he sleeps? Heā€™s 2 haha u canā€™t just go have sex lol

put him to bed wait till hes asleep

1 Like

Waitā€¦ Like most parents would do. This post creeps me out!!

7 Likes

Sex makes kids and kids make no sex.

This too will pass lol

Well, these comments are not what I expected lol.
Op established a schedule so that your toddler can get use to a sleeping pattern. Use white noise to help the baby sleep. It can help them stay asleep longer. Maybe a nice lavender bath before bed will help. Keep him/her busy during the day. Trips to the park, playing, so on.
It can take a little while but once itā€™s set. You can have more time with your partner. Which is very important! These ā€œyou shouldnā€™t have had a kid or alone time is goneā€ comments are BS. Being a parents and having a healthy sexual relationship with your partner are manageable. It doesnā€™t make you less of a parent or an irresponsible one. Good Lord!

9 Likes

Does he never sleep?

4 Likes

Bed time?? Thatā€™s really all you can doā€¦or find a sitter. Your child should absolutely come first.

1 Like

You need to get away from him. Let a sitter watch him or get him some kids to play with

Yall are having sex when your kid goes to sleep?? :joy::joy: by the time mine goes to sleep Iā€™m falling asleep too.:joy::joy: So normally we have to schedule a night over at grandmaā€™s or stay up super late and pay the tired consequences the next day. Always worth it but dang this momma is tired :joy::joy:

Some of yā€™all just offer boring missionary, and teeth scraping bjā€™s because this comment section is NOT it.

10 Likes

Um wait for your kid to be sleeping? I donā€™t leave my 2 year old in the livingroom un attended to get laid ?

10 Likes

Umā€¦. Wait till the kid is asleep???

1 Like

Nap time bedtime or shower

Girl I ainā€™t gonna bash youā€¦itā€™s frustrating sometimes. Wait till little one goes to bed and have yā€™allā€™s timeā€¦or maybe once a week find a sitter so you can have a date nightā€¦

3 Likes

At 2, you seriously canā€™t leave the baby alone, unless heā€™s sleeping.
You and hubby can have your time together at bed time, or nap time on the weekends.

1 Like

Wait till heā€™s asleep. I would also start letting him be by himself with toys and stuff of course in a safe baby proofed space obviously while you are doing chores like washing clothes or dishes in the other room so he knows itā€™s okay to be away from you and be independent. Toddlers need to have that sense of independence

3 Likes

Guess yall never had a kid stay so attached to yall that yall couldnā€™t even go to bed without the kid literally still stuck in your a** mine wasnā€™t like that but ik plenty of friends and family with lil ones like that and they arenā€™t even able to move without them thinking your leaving them

1 Like

Why canā€™t you have your alone time after the baby goes to sleep at night? I would highly recommend getting the baby on a schedule. Example: 8:pm Bath. 8:45 mom reads books with baby in bed until baby falls asleep. And then thatā€™s tou alone time.

2 Likes

Uhhhmmm heā€™s 2 years old. Why are you leaving him unattended while heā€™s awake anyway? Do your adult things when heā€™s asleep. Good grief

12 Likes

Yeah when theyā€™re sleeping. So hop up earlier but once in bed you have all night. I agree you donā€™t leave a young child unattended

1 Like

Wait until hes down for nap or bedtime or find a local sitter care.com or local mom groups

Soā€¦ youā€™re leaving a 2 year old alone, awake, in another room, to try to be intimateā€¦? You see no issues thereā€¦? Try name time or bedtime while theyā€™re asleep and itā€™s actually safe.

3 Likes

Okay some of yā€™all are being so meanšŸ˜‚ like that is completely unnecessary. If you donā€™t like the question just donā€™t answeršŸ™„ i think you should just wait till he goes to bed. If he sleeps in the room with you, thereā€™s nothing you can do really. Transition him into his own room and that should help a lot

3 Likes

Why are you leaving your kid alone to have sex? Wait till bedtime or naptime. Likeā€¦ what?

wait till your child is sleeping?

4 Likes

It really isnā€™t safe to leave a 2 year old unattended. Children do take a toll on your sex life. You donā€™t have as much time together as either of you would like, but it doesnā€™t last forever. Put him to bed early. If heā€™s already deeply asleep, chances of him interrupting go way down, and you donā€™t have to worry about him getting hurt. I hate to say it, but this is part of being a parent, and you and your husband are just going to have to deal.

Wait until he goes down for a nap or goes to bed

6 Likes

Youā€™re seriously trying to be intimate in your bedroom while leaving the 2 year old ALONE in the living room?! What is wrong with you?! Wait until the kidā€™s asleep like all the other actual parents do. :woman_facepalming:

12 Likes

Some of you are acting like they are leaving their child alone for hours on end only to have 5 minutes alone. Ffs

9 Likes

Give that kid some melatonin gummies :joy: just kidding definitely donā€™t do that lol

3 Likes

Um,you donā€™t leave your child unattended so you can have sex. Yes, distraction by TV, tablet, toys, etc is still unattended! What is to prevent your son from getting into things that he shouldnā€™t? You can only baby proof your home so much. How about you have sex at night, ya know, when the child is in bed for the night?

Just wait till he goes to sleep

2 Likes

These posts lately have me like

10 Likes

What ever happened to doing it when they are asleep?

9 Likes

Girl wtf wait until heā€™s asleep :roll_eyes: why tf would you even consider leaving a 2 yr old alone for any amount of time? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: things happen in an instant and he could do something or get into something that could hurt or kill him. Use your head. Get him on a solid sleeping schedule and youā€™ll have plenty of time to be intimate because a 2 year old shouldnā€™t be up late af.

6 Likes

After baby goes to bed would be a good timeā€¦ If you co-sleep go to another room

3 Likes

Thats what bedtime is for. He is 2 years old, there is no reason he should be left alone at all . Sex is not that important. Seriously. Pay attention to your kid.

Iā€™m with most women in this comments that say wait until nap time or bedtime :joy::joy::joy: welcome to parenthood ladies and gents lol

4 Likes

Why not wait till heā€™s asleep at night or goes down for a day nap. Personally me and my husband find those times better. but again itā€™s different because my toddler is able to freely play for a bit or watch movie. also this is the internet so be mindful not everyone will say nice things but they mean well I guess.

1 Like

Wow so sex is more important than ur kid?! He is two!! Grow up some if yā€™all canā€™t wait then you donā€™t need kids.

Wait til hes asleep in bed?

3 Likes

Sounds like alot of kids up their moms ass! :grimacing: hate to be their teacher when they get older!:joy::sob:

Wait till the kid is sleeping. Why are you trying to have sex when your child is awake. You know how quickly a serious accident can happen especially with a toddler

Cocomelon! Plus baby monitor so you can still keep an eye on him. Ignore these judgmental people in the comments, make sure heā€™s in a safe space and get it girl! :heart:

3 Likes

Try hiring a sitter.

Never leave the baby unattended when awake. Get intimate when the baby is asleep!

4 Likes

How about when that poor little one is asleep??? Youā€™re going to need some self control and just be there for that wee man. Be careful or you going to have a whole lot of them and youā€™ll never have ā€œalone timeā€ again!!! :rofl::sweat_smile::joy:

8 Likes

How bout be an adult instead of acting like a horny Teen and wait until your child is asleep like normal parents. You had a child, he requires attention and supervision. You and youā€™re husband need to grow up :woman_shrugging:t2:

I feel bad for alot of these womenā€¦ never having sex?!? Wtf is that?!? How do yā€™all go so long without it?
By 8 pm Iā€™m tired and want to go to bed just from dealing with the kidsā€¦ I damn sure donā€™t want sex that late.
Ohhh thatā€™s why yā€™all are judgemental asshats, yā€™all donā€™t have sex! Yeah Iā€™d be a grumpy judgemental brat too if I wasnā€™t getting any. Sorry. Carry on.

I have three kids and never had this problem.

2 Likes

Wait till ur child is in bed. Thats what i do i wait for my kids to go to sleep to have a lil bedroom time.

2 Likes

I smelled the Karenā€™s in the comments from a mile away.:joy: so many perfect parents to learn from here folks. :joy::joy::woman_facepalming:t3:

16 Likes

Wait till heā€™s sleepingā€¦ people really leave their 2 year old in the other room so they can get some? Smh

9 Likes

Gotta wait til bed time ā€¦

The kid has to sleep sometime.

1 Like

Put his butt to sleep.

These comments donā€™t pass the vibe

OP youā€™ll figure out something and brush these arrogant, rude AF ā€œperfect parentsā€ off. You do you babe.

Baby gate in his bedroom door

1 Like

Wait until bed time. This is part of being a parent. Itā€™s no longer about you and your husband. Youā€™ve just got to wait it out. Self control.

8 Likes

This is a joke right?
Good one! :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

I donā€™t even understand why this post is up do it when heā€™s a sleep

2 Likes

Does the child never sleep?? lol, Weird.

1 Like

There is this lovely thing called bedtime

3 Likes

Bed time when he sleeps?

Can yall get time when he goes to bed?

Umm seriously. Why wouldnā€™t you wait until heā€™s asleep? Leaving your child alone to go have sex is beyond ridiculous!

2 Likes

Wait till he is asleepā€¦

???

Nap time or bedtime. Also I was told when my daughter was little to put a lock on my bedroom door.

Ummm wait till u go to bed who leaves a two year old unattended to go fool around :joy:

10 Likes

Mom of 4 here 6,4,3 and 1. nap time or bed time. Thatā€™s is the best time in all honestly since yā€™all be able to focus on each other instead wondering where he is and whatā€™s he into and or if he going to catch yā€™all. My boys are all cling to me like glue half the time. But I wear them out during the day. Playing outside playing inside basically keeping them busy busy. And before bedtime I give them a warm bath and let them play in the tub, make them warm milk to go in there sippy and rub them down with lavender lotion n spray lavender air freshener in the house it relaxes them where they sleep all night. They always get up around 8:30 am and nap time is around 1:00 after lunch I only let them sleep to 2. And then they are usually asleep around 9:30 pm. You have to set a sleep schedule or it be rough.
Also he 2 and cling he will grow out of it. But not till he wants to be more independent. 3 of mine didnā€™t until they hit 3.

2 Likes

Why do you leave the child alone in the front room whilst you go into the bedroom for x amount of time anyway??? Are you suprised he freaks out lol any 2 year old would

4 Likes

U donā€™t trust anyone w him but will leave him alone w a tablet lol

1 Like

How about wait until bedtime? If you need it in the morning/daytime how about during nap time?

2 Likes