What causes late periods but negative pregnancy tests?

Its normal, especially being off BC now. It took me almost a year to get pregnant after stopping my combo pill. They say people can get pregnant immediately after stopping some forms of birth control, which is true you can but you shouldn’t. I had a chemical pregnancy because I hadn’t been off of my birth control long enough, and someone that I know had a miscarriage because she was not off of her birth control long enough.

Stress of trying for a baby may not feel like stress to you but that is exactly what’s causing it

Stress, change in diet unhealthy sleep schedule…literally so much stuff :sweat:

Your 4 days late. To early for a test. Wait 2 weeks

Mine finally came 16 days late. I also had a tubal ligation 5 years ago and was always regular. Just found out that Im anemic and low vitamin D. That’s cause for irregular periods.

you couldve had an early miscarriage to make it not able to show up on a test. you can miscarry so early that your period can still be regular. if it doesnt come in a week take another test. this has happened to me and i had a very faint line and 2 weeks later my period started

Shut up and keep taking that dick.

I actually had something similar recently. But mine was from a pap. It caused mine to be about 5 days late, and extremely dry.

For one, talk to your OB and not a bunch of internet strangers lol That’s the worst way to get medical advise.

That being said, we’re girls. Literally anything can upset our bodies lol I wouldn’t get to worried. Anxiety and stress won’t help out your situation any. You simply freaking out over it could be why your periods are messed up. That being said there could be something you weren’t expecting causing it like Cysts. I’d talk to your OB. You may have to be very pushy about it and demand they look into things. A lot of my old OBs just tried to push birth control first but don’t let them. Demand they look into it and be persistent.

Anything, stress, thinking you’re pregnant, exercise. Etc.

So much can cause it. Stress can be the hugest factor.

have them do a “blood” pregnancy test

Sitting and waiting for it to come then stressing if it will show always makes mine late

Hormones, weight gain, menopause, PCOS, stress. The list goes on and on.

You have PCOS. That’s the #1 sign and symptom of it.

Well, ain’t your Aunt Flo a reliable lil B! I think a lot of us would give anything to know exactly what day without having to count on the calendar, just because it’s typically 28 days but only one month has 28 days. This could signal a problem for you, or not. It could mean you’re pregnant, or not. Without knowing exactly what causes your fertility issues, but knowing, because you said, you do, it’s not surprising that your period has gone AWOL for a bit. When you get your period depends on when you ovulated. Even when your body has been respectful for years, it still knows it does not have to show up when you expect and it can be quite normal for it to take a little vakay and not tell you. I actually think it’s unusual for a woman to never experience an unexpectedly early or late period, at least once during their pre-perimenopause years. Everything depends on your hormone levels, and many factors can cause fluctuations in those, most of those being entirely benign and incidental. You could, absolutely, give your fertility doctor a call. Probably should. None of us can really tell you if you should be concerned or not. Only your doctor can tell you that.

Also, if you aren’t using first morning urine I creases the chances of a false negative. OR, if you are drinking a lot of water to make you pee, you can dilute your urine enough to cause a negative.

Call doctor. There are a number of issues that can cause this

Not sure if you have recently had your covid vaccine but they can affect your periods.i completely missed 1 period and then the next one was really light

Bless your heart. As ladies above said, PCOS (if you have that, cystic ovaries) causes irregularity. Your doc can get your cycle started after a few days of progesterone (if memory serves right).

PCOS, cysts on ovaries and lack of period! I have it. I didn’t have a period for 8 months and I wasn’t pregnant. I lost weight and made some changes and now it’s normal again.

It’s took two and a half months before my pregnancy tests read positive. The month I conceived I went and even got my blood tested for hcg levels, and it came back low and negative. And spotted in between before my period was late. If you are already having issues with your hormones that can affect pregnancy test results.

Stress could cause your period to be late.

Hi I have PCOS I have irregular periods and fertility issues I had to take fertility meds to conceive my 1st child i took clomed . If u call ur doc and do a blood test they will be able to tell u for sure also they can give meds for u to start called pro vera. Start there if u do have PCOS u can dm me and we can discuss things further if u want :grin: I’m currently pregnant with my 3rd child and I was able to conceive on my own.

Plus look into vaginal progesterone suppositories. If your progesterone is low they will help you carry a baby until the placenta can take over making it at about 12 weeks pregnant. You start them at day 16 of your cycle until your period starts or to 12 weeks of pregnancy

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. What causes late periods but negative pregnancy tests? - Mamas Uncut

Stress and sexual activity can both cause late periods

4 Likes

It normally takes up to two weeks for a positive pregnancy test at least for me but like Vicki said stress and sex can cause a late period

Ive heard the weather can cause it to 🤷

If you are on birth control it can cause late periods or stress can cause late periods or if you are having to much sex it can cause late periods.
And some times when you hit you’re 50’s it can be late.
I would wait a couple more days and see what happens.
If you don’t start by the end of this month .
I would make a doctor’s appointment and find out why you’re period is late.

Depending on age … Fibroid tumors in the uterus … ( happened to me )…

My period never came last month and all negative tests.

I tested negative with a urine test but was postive with a blood test. Also told me how many weeks I could have been. Blood is more accurate with detecting pregnancy hormones.

Stress, cyst causing the egg to not be released resulting in not having a period, could be pregnant but the hormones are still low for a pregnancy test to detect ( that was the case with my youngest, I waited a little longer and boom pregnant), etc.

Ive had a negative test then was prego because i took the test to earliy wait another week or so and test again

Have your blood taken, my cousin had 6 negative test and went to the doctor and was pregnant

I had 3 negative test when I was pregnant with my first. Not always right lol

Wait 7 days after the first day of missed period. If it comes out negative and a week later you still haven’t had a period test again and if it still comes out negative the wait it out till you’re suppose to start your next period and test again if you haven’t had one yet. Sometimes it takes a little longer to show up due to hormone strength. My sister-in-law had to wait till her second missed period for it to show up on a test.

Stressing about missing a period could also cause it to be super late. Happened to me. I’ve had mine be 3 weeks late one time. At first it was cuz I wanted to be pregnant so bad that I tricked my body into thinking i was pregnant but then when the tests came back negative the stress of wondering why I hadn’t started continued to make it worse.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. What causes late periods but negative pregnancy tests? - Mamas Uncut

Ovulating late, an anovulatory cycle (no ovulation happened that cycle), stress, diet changes, exercise changes…these are just a few. There’s a million things that can throw it off…I’m currently 3 weeks late but haven’t had any sexual activity since October so I know it’s not that…I’m assuming mine may be hormonal for some reason.

3 Likes

I would request pregnancy blood work from your health care provider.

PCOS, hormonal, imbalance, birth control, antibiotics, weight loss or gain.

This happened to me too. She’s 11 now… :blush:
Give it another few days abd text again. Good luck!

You can wait a few more days. Mine was late and tested negative until about two weeks after my missed period.

have you had the covid vax? I’ve heard from a few who’ve had it that this has happened to them, or other period issues. Not saying that’s the cause of your issue just something to consider

2 Likes

Wait a few weeks and test again…for now treat yourself as you are…watch the meds you take (over counter) and stay away from alcohol right now.

It’s happened to me. If the test is a true negative, you probably just ovulated late.
Usually I’d get my period around the 24/24. I completely missed May and got it on June 1st.
But I’d say if nothing by day 14, test again and go to the doc to test

If you’re trying to get pregnant & not sure when you ovulate… I would get the Premom app with Premom ovulation strips (super affordable on amazon & the app is free) :slightly_smiling_face: good luck!!

Stress always has my cycle doing weird stuff

You may have ovulated late or not at all.

I’m 8 days late as well and nagitive tests

I was 3 weeks late one time. Took test after test it came out negative. Turned out i was super stressed out and it had messed with my cycle.

For me it’s my thyroid and low vitamin D.

You need a OB/GYN not FB!

Test again. it should show a positive by now if you are

If you got the Covid vaccine, many women have noted some form of disruption with their cycles.

Again ask your doctor as he knows you.

Stress is a huge thing that will. New meds. New routines. Change in diet

Might want to call your OB/GYN with all your questions since they have the medical education and training. There are plethora of reasons for a missed or late menses. It really could be detrimental to your health to ask on social media and be steered wrong.

4 Likes

wait two weeks after your missed period you should test positive by then🙂 babydust to you guys

go to the doctor get blood test done. with my first. urine test never showed postive, blood test did. he now almost 18.

Could be too early…depends on your body.

With My youngest, who is now 62, I didn’t know that I was pregnant until I felt life because I had missed so many periods, figured no use to practice birth control because I was pregnant which I wasn’t but then got pregnant when stopped being careful. GOD must have had His hand in that

1 Like

Stress will cause late periods. Change in exercise habits will causeva delay too.

4 Likes

Stress, change in diet, hormone imbalance, age… all can cause your period to change and be late.

What happen to private things being private. Schedule an appt. with a doctor

2 Likes

Ask a dr… There can be all kinds of reasons…

Vitamin defecince, a sisk or infection.

Did you by any chance take the vacvine cause if you did thats what happens …it throws your cycle off for a couple months

Stress, anxiety, change of diet, soy products, too early testing for pregnancy…all possible reasons.

I tested negative the last part of November, at my PCP, checking my urine. Went to my gynecologist mid January, did a blood test. I was at the beginning of my 2and trimester. I delivered mid June. Fastest pregnancy ever!!! :rofl:

2 Likes

Why don’t people ask professional who knows this stuff go see your doctor. Stress can cause late periods

2 Likes

Sometimes it can happen due to hormonal imbalance. 8 days could be normal but you could go see a Doctor for proper check just in case of any other concern you may not know of

Stress. I was once 20+ days late trying to conceive.

Birth control then fibroids…or stress

Probably got the vaccine

1 Like

Did you get the Covid shot? Lots of messed up periods from that

2 Likes

Check with your Doctor

I struggled to get pregnant when my husband and I were trying to conceive. We ended up needing some help after trying for a couple years and during the process we found out that I ovulate later in my cycle than most women. If I remember correctly I think by about 5 or 6 days. So it is possible to ovulate later in your cycle. You can always wait another week and take another test. If you are pregnant it could be that your HCG levels might just be a little too low to detect right now. If you feel you are, a blood test is always more accurate. Hope this helps! Good luck on your journey!:grin:

Took me 21 days after my missed period to get a positive with my 2nd :woozy_face:

It’s probably stress related. I can go a month without mine at times and the doctors have no issue with it. I’d give it a few weeks and retest if it doesn’t come

I sure hope you are pregnant.

I used to ovulate two weeks late. That’s how I got pregnant twice by happy accident. I got cramps when ovulating and would think I was getting my period. The second pregnancy I had two negative pregnancy urine tests. I didn’t find out that I was pregnant until 4 months. I then went on to have 4 miscarriages, due I think to have irregular hormone levels.

Over thinking it,
I know that’s hard not to do when trying for a baby… I’d see a Dr simple blood test will tell you most things including any hormonal issue’s… goodluck with it all :v:

What I will tell you is yes it is too early to find out if your pregnant or not I will give it like a month before I was saying that you’re pregnant but sometimes your days are going too rough or you’re too tense and you’re just like fighting up on your menstrual menstrual periods and your periods are not they’re changing and they will come out later than you think and if you’re going through a lot of stress that will take effect on your. Too if you know what I mean sometimes when you’re anxious to get pregnant too and that will take a toll on it too does if you’re trying to get pregnant don’t think about it that much and stop stressing yourself just eat healthy and take care of yourself okay good luck

Go get a blood test will show right away

Go to your doctor. FB is not a free medical clinic!

dont stress out and wait a week or two then retest or go get a blood test

You would need to wait a week or so and test again :woman_facepalming:t2: it won’t pop up right away if you just conceived.

1 Like

I agree with her :point_up_2: same thing happened to me. I spotted took the test and nothing. But waited probably 2-3 weeks took another and it was positive. I was pregnant the whole time :grinning:

Test again soon. Hgc levels would be low right now and the tests won’t read

Hcg levels might be down. I would wait a week or 2. This happened with my daughter. I took 4 test all negative 2 weeks later went to doctor and was 6 weeks.

wait another week or so and test again with your first pee in the morning

1 Like

Stress can also cause the problem you are seeing!

3 Likes

PCOS, Hormones, Stress,& change in diet, weight gain/loss etc.

1 Like

Stress, hormones, weight loss, weight gain… many reasons besides pregnancy can cause a period to be late

1 Like