What causes late periods but negative pregnancy tests?

Some women cannot determine pregnancy with an over the counter test. Have to get blood drawn. I would wait a week or two then call the doctor for blood work.

1 Like

Sometimes we ovulate later than our usual or not at all. The spotting could be your body trying to ovulate. You can start tracking with a bbt thermometer or the FAM method.

you may very well be pregnant. Just keep taking tests, it sometimes won’t show up until later or when a doctor does a more comprehensive one than those tests you get in a drug store.

Did you or husband get vaccinated? If so, that might be the issue

Ovarian cyst, thyroid disorder, being under more stress than usual

Get your doctor to do a blood test.

Have you waited for the full period of time after your last period? I showed negative on my pregnancy tests until I was a full five weeks past my period date. I do not produce a lot of the hormone levels until after that point.

Hormone issues, PCOS, stuff like that.

An ectopic pregnancy “tubular or cervical” will do this. You body thinks it’s 1/2 pregnancy as the egg is outside uterus. It happened to me.

Why would you want another baby the shaped this world is in I Love My kids dearly but I wouldn’t want no more children the way things are going right now

1 Like

How old r u? I hit menopause at 41 n it would do that before it stopped

May be too early to tell. You sometimes bleed at implantation.

Go get blood test u can have your period entire pregnancy some don’t test positive with urine test

It could be your thyroid.

Try waiting a few more days then take another test

See your OB for blood work, ultra sound for PCOS or who knows maybe a baby.

Go to the doctor home tests aren’t always accurate.

1 Like

Go to the drs and let them do a blood test

Wait a few weeks or take blood test at doctor

Maybe wait another week and test again. It’s still pretty early if you are by chance pregnant

1 Like

Ask a Doctor not Facebook

Take it when you first wake up it’s possible that your do early in the pregnancy that the hormone isn’t strong enough to be dected on the test

1 Like

Try another test or even a blood test I was almost 4 months pregnant with my son until a urine test showed positive

This isn’t the place to ask Medical questions, and it’s actually really weird you would ask social media instead of your doctor.

Stress is one factor. Wishing you all the best.:two_hearts:

Low thyroid hormone, stress, dehydration ect

Could be Polystitic Ovarie Syndrome or Endometriosis.

Wait and give it some time

1 Like

Wait till your 10 days late

Wait a little longer perhaps

See ur gynecologist.

Spotting can be caused by implantation

Stress, anxiety etc…

I was 18 weeks with my oldest before I peed a + and 11 weeks with my second

It can take up too two weeks to test positive

2 Likes

I had negative tests till i was about 12 weeks get a blood test to know for sure.

I came out negative for 6 months. I was 6 months pregnant .

Sounds like stress! And that’s not going to be helpful while trying to get pregnant.

Stress, hormones. Pcos. Most likely you could be pregnant but might miscarry

Just relax. It’ll happen

Try a test next week :upside_down_face:

Too early for a test maybe xx

Periods can be unpredictable. Anything can throw them off. A hormone imbalance, stress, a change in diet, a new medication. Some women are so regular you can set a clock by them, but others are all over the place. If you are showing symptoms of pregnancy other than a late period, make an appointment and have it confirmed. Otherwise, don’t worry. Trust me, it will show up eventually. Aunt Flow never fails to rear her ugly head.

If you ovalate and the spotting usually is the egg implantation but you will not get a positive test you have to wait until the process is complete about a week or so. But the at home test also does not work for some women like me who have alot of hormone problems I took about 20 of them over a period of time all negative well after almost 2.5 months of no visit from aunt Flo I went to the Dr got a blood test and was positive. So I didn’t find out I was pregnant until almost 3 months with my first child. After I got the confirmation I bought several over the counters throughout my pregnancy trying the last one at 9 months and still negative. So when I got pregnant with my daughter I new right away cause I knew I missed my period and as soon as I seen the home test was neg I called the Dr to confirm and blood work was positive again.

Could be too early. Could ask for a blood test… I was pregnant with twins and I found out with a blood test… interestingly I didn’t have a positive urine test until I was over 20 weeks… doctors Could never tell me why

Did you get a Covid vaccine? My period has been off since getting mine. I’ve heard lots of women saying the same.

With my third child I had my period the whole time. After three months I just didn’t feel right went to the Dr and I was 12 weeks such a surprise

Repeat test in a week. We don’t have to know the moment we conceive.

It’s time to see a doctor, after 2 pregnancies, you may need some help? (Nurse in obgyn)

I was 30 and had issues similar and was found to be going through early menopause, so do see a doctor

Could be implantation bleeding and too early to take a test. Wait another week then retest

everyone keeps telling you that it to early to test you are getting a false positive. not true. once you miss your cycle even the day of there would be high enough HCG levels that would be detected. you are 4 days late so you most definitely should see a positive test if you were prego. I don’t think you are. i bet you had an early lighter cycle. not enough info to really know exactly what’s up.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. What causes late periods but negative pregnancy tests? - Mamas Uncut

Are you breastfeeding? It causes irregular periods postpartum

1 Like

Breastfeeding, pcos, thyroid

3 Likes

Almost anything and everything, really.

Stress (hormones), diet, major mental or physical changes, fibroids, cysts, time period following miscarriages, sooooo many things

even after pregnancy, periods are trying to get back to normal after not having one for 9 months. it’s normal to have irregular periods after a baby! i still have irregular periods and my son is about to be 2 in november!

1 Like

Have you had the covid vaccine?

4 Likes

Yeah I’d be making a Drs apt for some bloodwork and a test.

1 Like

Can take a year for periods to get back to normal after baby and breastfeeding can stop them

Because you just had a baby and it takes a while for things to get back to their new normal.

1 Like

Go see a medical doctor, or the closest thing to one you can find :pleading_face: Good luck

hormones are still out of wack, don’t expect things to be normal.

It takes time after birth for your body to regulate- that’s why they say no sex if ya don’t want another right away bc there’s no telling when you will ovulate and regulate

Nothing to worry about…it takes 6 to 12 months for your period to come back or get back go normal bit you should use protection cause you can get pregnant again.

After a baby your cycle has to adjust.

My 2nd didn’t show up on a test for several weeks after he should have. Also, I’ve had one period since I had my 2.5 y/o. I wasn’t on birth control for the first 2 years. I was fairly regular before that. But, be careful because I ended up with a surprise pandemic baby I didn’t even think the system was working enough to be able to do that lol

It took me almost 2 years to get a period regular again after I had my son

I have PCOS and have gone years without a period. I would talk to your doctor about it because there are several different possibilities.

Pcos, endometriosis, cysts, growths, hormone fluctuating due to other illnesses, stress.

Breastfeeding.

Just got body going back to normal after having a baby.

Go to a Dr.

It definitely isn’t caused by a vaccine.

2 Likes

Chemical pregnancy, my daughter had this

I was in the same boat and found out I was expecting again. Go see a Dr.

If you’re breastfeeding they’ll be crazy. I had my baby four months ago and my hormones are INSANE. Last two months I’ve been five days late each time and had a lot of pregnancy symptoms but never were. Hormomes are crazy after baby

1 Like

1.) If your breastfeeding/pumping that might delay/stop it you should get it again once you stop, also hormones, stress, etc.

1 Like

If you’re breastfeeding they can be wild and not regular. Hormones postpartum are all over the place.

1 Like

Ask your doctor not Facebook doctors

1 Like

Breastfeeding will do that

1 Like

Are you breastfeeding? That affects periods… with my first I nursed her til she was 23months old, I didn’t get a period at all and found out I was pregnant when I was 4/5ish months along with my middle child… than with her I didn’t get a period til she was 8months old. With my third I didn’t get one til he was 10months old.

If u r breastfeeding, that will do it

Are you breast feeding I breast fed for 2 and half years and did not get a period. Google it is because of breast feeding.

1 Like

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. What causes late periods but negative pregnancy tests? - Mamas Uncut

Being stressed, not sleeping well, diet, breastfeeding, medication & many other reasons can cause it. I would contact your obgyn and see a doctor to see why you haven’t had a period

1 Like

Are you breastfeeding? Stressed? Underweight? All are factors. Do check with your doctor and schedule an appointment to discuss birth control.

sometimes u develop cyst due to hormone imbalance get an ultra sound

1 Like

If you’re breastfeeding that can cause missed periods. Stress also has tendency to interfere with your cycle. Just go to your Gyno and explain what’s going on. There’s a chance you may be welcoming baby number 2 in 6ish months too.

1 Like

Stress, diet, medication, not sleeping well. I would call your obgyn and ask them.

I took neg tests for 4 months, then took a positive one. Thought I was 13 weeks, went in to ob and found out I was 19 weeks.

Stress, diet and exercise changes all mess with periods

1 Like

Are you breast feeding? That can delay your period

1 Like

See your OBYN could be endometriosis. Or false negative

Stress etc, but it’s normal not to get one for awhile some women can wait up to 6 months.

1 Like

Why would you be having unprotected sex when you just had a baby 7 months ago.

10 Likes

I didn’t have a period for 6 months after I had my son. Maybe call your Dr. Just to be sure.

3 Likes

Id talk to your obgyn…

Have you had the covid vaccination?

I has this with polycystic ovaries. Best ask your Dr

PCOS maybe? Can be diagnosed with a ultrasound usually. Talk w your Doctor.

Are you breastfeeding?

1 Like

If you have breastfed it could he why

1 Like

I had 5 pregnancy and 4 of them I had miscarriage in the first trimester. I was not normal. If I had a cycle once or twice year. So I did not know I was pregnant until I was laying losing my babies. I was young with endometriosis. I had hysterectomy at age 21. Go to your Gyn.