What do you get an older child for Easter?

Our older 3 get a basket with their favorite drinks ( body armour, Starbucks coffee)and snacks and sometimes maybe extra stuff like hat phone case,charger ,ear buds, my 10 yo wants asscessories for switch from 5 below

1 Like

My boy is 9 and not into toys either. He loves to hunt and fish so we did a hunting/fishing basket.

1 Like

I get my older ones a bathing suit beach towel and a pair of sandals

2 Likes

In the old days​:bangbang::joy:we just got an Easter basket…with candy and fruit…we were very excited :grinning:

2 Likes

I always get my kids a new pair of shoes for summer an candy. My oldest usually gets cute sandals and my youngest gets rain boots.

Maybe a new ball or game or something he enjoys and some candy. :woman_shrugging:t3: he’s 11 does he not know the Easter bunny isn’t real? :thinking:

I bought my sons favorite teams ball cap & filled it with all kinds of junk he liked, not necessarily Easter stuff. He still has the cap

3 Likes

My 11 year old is getting some V Bucks for Fortnite on his Switch.

1 Like

Drawing/art supplies, legos, chapter books, new summer clothes/shoes, hammock, Maybe a hiking backpack with outdoor/survival/mapping accessories.

When my son was around that age I did up a basket with a new water gun, swim trunks and candy. This year’s hes 15 and into fishing so maybe a new pole and some other fishing gear and candy. My daughter is going to be 13 and I never have trouble thinking of ideas for her lol.

2 Likes

Whatever they are interested in. PlayStation or Xbox gift card ? Or put money in plastic eggs

1 Like

I got my 12 year old a new hat, slides, a shirt he wanted, and some sport bracelets. Of course he will get candy and probably beef jerky

1 Like

I have an older daughter and get her an outfit, bathing suit, sunglasses, flip flops and other various things for summer!

Pyjamas/trackies and a small egg

Legos, a kite, books, cool t-shirt, candy, etc

1 Like

Make a basket with hygiene products ( fancy razor or electronic tooth brush)and outdoor stuf like fishing gear or basketball stuff like that…at that age they still like getting stuff

1 Like

Soccer ball basket ball street hockey stuff if they r into that new shoes their favorite snacks

1 Like

Drawing pad
Drawing pencils
Shading tools
Roblox gift card
Gum lots of it
Body armor drinks
Favorite chips

As my kids got older I filled their baskets with hygiene stuff body wash shampoo stuff like that some candy that I know that they liked maybe a nice bracelet or ring or even video games

Gift card for games, candy, cash movie tickets

An Easter egg. It’s Easter :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

For my grands this yr… 13, 11, 9, and 7 I got an Easter bucket. I put 25 to 30 eggs of candy each, a giant sucker that had 10 suckers in it, a mug with a cake mug mix, grass that smelled like jelly beans, and a $20 bill in their golden egg…
I was gonna “egg” their house like the past 2 yrs but since some will be gone I did this… oh, got a bucket of the cookies you decorate for family fun :slight_smile:
My 16 yr old will get candy and gift card.

I make baskets with new swimsuits and their favorite snacks every year. I usually make the “basket” something they can use. I’ve even used a cute hamper for my daughter in the past. I’ve also used tackle boxes and little ice chests. I don’t like to have extra things around the house so I try to find things that they will actually utilize or eat. I try to throw in something fun also like something for swimming. I got beach towels for all of them last year because we never seem to have enough for the boat. Oh my daughter rides horses so I got her a tack organizer for the trailer one year and filled each pocket with something fun. She’s used that thing ever since. Anyway I think useful and practical but fun. We don’t really go all out so I really just do it because I like doing it.

2 Likes

I give my teen son gum, snacks like chips, pistachios, maybe some earbuds or a nintendo or google play gift card, chapstick

I did gift gift cards, little bit of candy, an outfit or two, ear pods, some of their fav snack items, hygiene products, etc

1 Like

A new package of socks and a chocolate bunny; that was my transition (it didn’t go over do well the first year!) my kids are in their 30’s and have their own families- I just bought 11 packages of socks- I’m still doing it!!

1 Like

My boys are older. I got them both a new outfit, swim trunks and some candy. I really don’t buy toys for Easter especially for the older kids since they don’t really play with toys. I do put bubbles in there as well because who doesn’t like bubbles? Lol

A book, a fidget toy, socks, underwear, some chocolate or candy and that’s the perfect Easter basket IMO

1 Like

I make baskets out of the small boxes of candy and a need rope for the handle. Different things go in each one.

Books or small lego sets

1 Like

I like to do swimsuit/trunks, new beach towel, sandals for summer. I add some eggs with candy and some other random things also.

1 Like

Crafts and Easter egg x

Movie theater gift cards, food gift card

My 11 yo son is getting a new headset and his favorite snacks. My 20 yo daughter is away at college but is coming home for the weekend!!! This Easter will be different for her :rofl: at the beginning of every month I do a wal Mart pickup of cleaning supplies, toiletries, dorm friendly snacks and waters. So she will be getting a rolling laundry basket with her monthly goodies :rofl::bangbang:

3 Likes

Books, spring clothes, sandals, shoes… and of course chocolate :drooling_face:

My son is 14, I did a new hat as the basket, an filled it with jerky, sunflower seeds, candy, sunglasses…

1 Like

Couple of their favorite snacks, a gift card or if they are into games some v-bucks or whatever goes to their system.

Things specific to his preferences. My oldest daughter loves candles & essential oils so I got her PJ’s, candle, aromatherapy room spray, essential oil & candy.

Nothing. Why are we giving gifts again? I forgot

6 Likes

Easter Sunday services, a big dinner and celebration of resurrection. That’s the biggest gift I think.

4 Likes

Gift card to the movies…

1 Like

I had these made for my kids. My daughter is 11 and is cheer captain and my son who is 14 is a huge lakers fan. I plan to fill them with candy and that will be from me for Easter

2 Likes

Since when did Easter become Christmas, you get chocolate for Easter

5 Likes

Books, games, crafts, chocolate. Whatever they’re into

Gift cards or art stuff

1 Like

Gift cards, games, some snacks or candy, water bottle

1 Like

Jessica Tymoszenko Navarro

Nothing. I don’t understand the need to gift crap all through year with meaningless holidays. Y’all trying to make up for the fact that you don’t raise your own kids anymore so you gotta get gifts for your kids for every single “holiday” ? :joy:

7 Likes

I would get them their yearly swimsuits and a small to do as a family, like Making stepping stones, bird houses, painting rocks, hand prints. We don’t do candy but we do praise God for life

3 Likes

My kids get a beach towel, bathing suit, flip flops, and candy.

1 Like

My son is 12, I got him a few of his favorite candies, movie gift card, Nintendo switch gift card & he really wanted a this certain pen it’s for anxiety and ADHD. So I got him that too :heart:
Hope the ideas help :white_heart:

1 Like

Honestly, when I was younger we would just wake up. My mom would have boiled eggs ready, and we would spend the morning dying eggs at the table, we would have lunch, then we would be given a basket, and head outside to do our Easter egg hunt.

Only way we would get candy is to go outside and try to find the biggest eggs :joy: the big eggs always had the good candy.

1 Like

Candy, slides for summer, gift card

These are my sons the last 2 years (12 & 13)

V bucks if he plays video games, new swim suit, a new hat

A hat and stuff it full of food, candy a drink and fidgets

3 Likes

Easter is for chocolate, new spring clothes and outdoor items in my home :slight_smile:

Chocolate? Isn’t that what people usually get kids? Older kids still like chocolate!

3 Likes

Both of mine usually get New swim trunks, summer shoes, pool floats, and some of their favorite snacks/drinks, maybe a new hat or sunglasses, anything they can use during the summer.

We drew up treasure hunt maps… It took them two hours to run and hunt down the clues. At the end of the hunt was cake and ice cream. All the kids n the park played and B’day boy had met new friends. The maps were given to the parents to approve, before they could play. They still remember it to this day.

1 Like

New electric tooth brush
Candy
Fishing pole/ tackle
Bb/ airsoft/ 22 / ammo
Bow and arrow
Orange/ camo
Rainboots/rain jacket
Targets
Pocket knife
Compass
Binoculars
Walkie talkies
Camping tent
Sleeping bag
Swim trunks
Sunglasses
Sandals
Movies
Books
Card games
Magic set
Nerf guns
Slip n slide
Shower stuff
Deodorant
Smell good stuff

I always get mine swimming gear. Swimsuit, flip flops, towel, goggles

1 Like

My teenager has asked me if she could have $20 the last couple years and pick out her own arts and crafts supplies rather than get the Easter junk. She asked for that again this year. Im fine with that.

2 Likes

Is he into sports cards?! My 8 year old is obsessed. Would be fun to throw some in an easter basket for him. Anything sports related maybe?

To my 12 a got a bike backpack and some art supplies

I got mine Legos and candy

Clothes but 12 yr olds wld love cash instead.of chocolate

Umm Easter candy lol basket w a few of his favorite treats. Stuff to do outside. I used to get my daughter a kite every year too

My daughter, SIL and I are doing outside toys for all 9 of ours. Soccer goals and ball down to slide for the littles. A wide range of outside games and fun for all.
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: BLESSED :raised_hands:

We do a family membership, experience gifts,gift cards, new sports equipment, art supplies, comics/books, STEAM kits, seeds for their garden, one year we did camping/fishing items

Teaching him what it is really about would be a gift for eternity

3 Likes

Bible with their name

1 Like

It’s all about chocolate and there is no age limit for that lol

1 Like

Kite, flashlight, candy

Pool toys new bathing suit and cool clothes

1 Like

People really are turning Easter into Christmas :joy:

3 Likes

Books :blush: and candy… or chachkies that fit in plastic eggs (brain teazer puzzles)

Check out Etsy they have some pretty unique items. However maybe a little late to order. Def worth a shot. I found a zombie Easter bunny on there for my 14 yo nephew and some unicorn bunnies for my nieces.

get him a easter basket i m 80 and i still enjoy getting one lol the candy is great and i love eggs anyway

3 Likes

When I stopped being into candy and toys my mom started filling my basket with jerky and other treats that I enjoyed.

This year my 16 and 12 yr Olds will be getting their usual vacation swim suits, a few snacks that they like and a $20 bill. My little ones still want ALL the candy :rofl:

1 Like

A bag of candy and $20 taped to it🤣
Or a video game and candy for mine.

Swim trunks, water gun, goggles, gum a hat, flip flops and a book :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::rabbit:

Teach him the true meaning of Easter.

2 Likes

A statue of baby jesus

2 Likes

My kids are 25 ,21 and 13 years old ,I make Easter basket with there favorite candies and gift cards .

Basketball or whatever sport he’s into if any… and candy no age limit on getting cavities and diabetes

1 Like

Candy and pool floats

Fishing pole and tackle box.

1 Like

Get him a hat if he wears them and turn it upside-down and put candy in it. That’s what my mom did with my brother when he got to old for toys etc

Their favorite candy! I get my son a bag of black jelly beans every year. He’s 24 :slight_smile:

Books! Comic books if he’s not a big reader or you don’t know what he likes.

Swimsuit? Lol we do a new swim suit and goggles …water
Blaster etx

Socks, mechanical pencils, candy, fidget toys, deck of cards, towel, basketball, water bottle,

Anime if hes into it or shirts of his fav super heros ect

Basket of asst.candy

Video game gift card and candy.

2 Likes

Plastic eggs in a basket with money in them or treasure hunt clues in each egg to find the money egg :laughing:

Gift cards, candy, clothes, socks, etc this is what I did for my girls that are 9 & 10 they think they are too old for regular Easter lol

Maybe a drawing pad if he likes to draw or paint

Mine turned 30 yesterday I got him a bottle

1 Like