What is c section recovery like?

Mine went good. I was released ( and all 3 of my kids) before each of them were 24 hours old.the most helpful thing was walking as soon as my legs weren’t numb

As others have said…loose clothing, a pillow to hold when you cough or sneeze and a laxative/stool softener. If you tend to be anemic, have some iron rich foods…dark leafy greens such as spinach, or liver, to help you recover your iron levels. Rest as much as you can to help your body recover.

High waisted everything. I slept with pillow under my knees to help with the painful pulling sensation you will feel when laying flat. Don’t try to be a hero & not take pain meds for first few days. Its going to hurt. Don’t lift anything over 5 lbs for 1st few weeks. Try not to get constipated. It hurts to have to push. Rest & let others help. It wasn’t too bad for me with my 2 scheduled c-sections.

Loose underwear, stuff that will not get snagged on any incisions. I got VERY swollen in my legs and feet afterwards, looked like balloons, so don’t be afraid to request some ted hoes to help with the swelling.

I hate to scare you but it’s very painful especially your very first csection. I’ve had 3 csection and after my 2nd one it got easier. You’ll mostly be on bed rest even after u leave the hospital. It’ll hurt to walk and even laugh.

I’m wondering the same… my daughter(5 years old now) was all natural. Afterwards was lots of bleeding and pads and as many of the special padded stretchy panties as I could get lol. I’m wondering if the bleeding is the same, are the stitches/staples bad and do they bleed from there or still vaginally?

Ask for a abdominal binder. Make sure you get up and walk around to help stretch your muscles. I didn’t have a hard time recovering but im not saying it doesn’t suck. It’s a open belly procedure. But walking and moving from your bed to a chair is the best thing you can do for yourself. Don’t just stay in bed the whole time

6 Likes

Good luck and congratulations!

Spanks, seamless underwear, maternity pants, loose shirts, slip on shoes

1 Like

It hurts like hell. Walk as much as possible but don’t over do it. The longer I laid in the bed the more pain I was in. I would be up at 3 am walking the Halls of the maternity floor.

5 Likes

Stretch clothes especially pants, panties, socks , pads, flip flops or slipon shoes, hopefully the hospital that u use has stretch panties there bc them are the best and don’t not uncomfortable afterwards for u, brush, hair ties,

Yes walk walk walk bc if u don’t the soreness is awful and make it worse

I had 3 c sections and each one of them they made me get out of bed and walk within a few hours after surgery. It was painful at 1st but the more you move around the less the pain is. Make sure you pack seamless underwear and stretchy pants, that was a life saver for me

Walk as much as you can tolerate it! I had 2 scheduled c-sections, both different experiences each time! Wear loose fitting pants, tops! My first one, I bleed a lot, so maybe keep pads on hand?!

Move around as much as possible. Put a pillow across the incision area if you need to sneeze or cough. Your first Bowel movement will suck.
Sleep in a recliner if possible when you get home. It isn’t easy getting out of bed. Ice incision area. Its painful, and healing takes a while. If nervous before going in, ask for a xanax before hand so you are relaxed prior to the spinal. Having them try the block more than once is horrible. I got a xanax for my 3rd one, because of the way things went with my 2nd. If you breastfeed, it seems to heal better than not breastfeeding.

My 1st was years ago and awful but I just had a 2nd less than a year ago and it went great! They did a wound vac and it was not painful at all. Get up and walking as soon as possible bc it helps soo much. I healed quickly bc the wound vac. Ask ur Dr about one.

I just had my first child 4 months ago by c section and let me tell you first hand it is extremely painful. Definitely make sure you bring oversized seamless panties. Also definitely bring a recovery belt, nightgowns and slipper socks. My feet were SO swollen after my surgery that I couldn’t fit them into my shoes for nearly a week.

Make sure u get up move around .don’t lift u will need help at home big girl panties big stretchy pants u will be ok try not to take narcotics you’ll be fine with Motrin 800

1 Like

Use a pillow hugged into your belly to ease sudden jolts. Like sneezes. Or coughs…

10 Likes

Biggest mistake I made was using all arm strength to get myself out of the bed. I was afraid to move my bottom so I used all arms… on day 2 I couldn’t even barely hold my baby! Best advice I got! Nowhere near as bad as I imagined

The things I wish I were told about a c-section before I had one: 1) The nurses will press on your stomach and it hurts like hell. It is important to prevent blood clots. Just brace yourself and expect it to happen. 2) You will shake uncontrollably (like when you shiver whenyouarecold). I am not certain if this happens to all women but it did to me. This is normal. 3) The pain meds will constipate you. Find out what you can take to prevent that. Other than that, everything the lovely ladies suggest above is great. Especially getting up and walking around. And when you get home, have your spouse or significant other really lean in with caring for the baby so you can rest and heal.

6 Likes

Don’t be afraid to ask for pain meds. I’m also having a csection in a month.

1 Like

After my csection I had tons of clothes packed didn’t wear any accept ones to go home I loved the hospital gown it was the most comfortable it was surprising how easy recovery was just take it slow with stairs and lifting things hope u have an easy recovery like I did or even better!! Good luck

It will take weeks to recover. Just walk n take it easy.

Ask for a laxative if you take pain meds. Also, have a pillow ready for sneezes, those are no joke.

1 Like

Ask for glue not staples. I had 3 and my last was glue and so much easier than the staples. Your first is going to hurt for a few days after :cry:

Your first hot shower will do wonders take one of the pain killers then shower ! Helps so much

2 Likes

I had two C sections many years ago, and the hospital provided a “hug me” pillow. That’s what they called it. Every time I sneezed or coughed or had to get out of bed and walk around, you press the pillow firmly against the incision and it really helped to get out of bed and have much less pain. Best of luck with your birth :blush:

1 Like

I packed nothing but my child’s clothes to wear home and what I was wearing because I went in to have my labor induced then had a emergency c- section was only there about 2 days. C- section was a piece of cake didn’t feel a thing no rip and tares from vaginal birth vagina still tight. My scar barely visible about 5 inches I popped a Percocet and was walking like it never happened when it wear off I would take another. No complications after at all. Now I have witnessed some vaginal births and let’s just say thank god my baby didn’t want to come out that way

Stool softener, a pillow, body armor drinks snack food, all the meds upset my stomach. A sundress or nightgown to wear home. For home: Plenty of yoga pants or comfy dresses to make it through 3 weeks.

I have had 4
Walk, walk, walk
Move around as much as barely uncomfortable, do NOT hurt or push yourself, everyone heals differently. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate and drink some more after that! Constipation was one of the scariest things for me, stool softeners and water and also use a squatty potty (a stool to raise your legs for a bowel movement) it is a lifesaver!!! A toddler stool works also. Good luck and do not expect to bounce back as quickly as the vaginal birth, but remember women have them every day and your healthy little one is worth it :blush::heart: I encourage you to lean on your support system, you are having major abdominal surgery, no one expects a super hero out of you

3 Likes

4 C-sections here. :blush: when getting out of bed, use the pillow against incision, roll to your side, put legs down off bed and doing this will help swing you up, without putting so much pressure on incision. As everyone else says, the sooner you get up and move the better. With my last one I push mowed a huge yard 5 days afterwards. Please do not do this, as it is not safe at all, but I had no option at the time. The mesh panties in the hospital are the best, followed by the big granny panties. Best clothing choices are big baggy night gowns, sundresses, and if you are BF’ing the usual baggy sweat pants, and a tank top work perfectly. It’s a little cliche, but really it is what you decide it to be. C-sections aren’t that bad. Count on still using only pads though to avoid any introduction of bacteria, but also a much shorter time of needing them. If you do plan to BF make it perfectly clear that you will be and you want baby brought in as soon as you are back to your room. Also a good idea to have someone with you as you may doze off while holding baby during first 24 hrs as the nurses will give you pain meds in your IV, often without asking you if you want them.

Honestly I recovered from my C section easier than my vaginal delivery. My bladder functioned better, I didn’t bleed forever and other things.

Its painful but if you listen completely top the dr it will be more painful…i had two c section and no way was i staying in bed i slowly moved around doing most of what i normaly would do no lifting of course so that my body would heal to my daily life and i found the pain wasnt as bad as just staying in bed like dr orders.but everyone is Different

Yup, move around as soon as you can. The pain afterwards is not that bad at all.

All the ladies above have good advice, as I’ve been cut open 3 times now, my best advice to add would be to ask for a belly band if they have them available. I swear the first 2 times I was cut open I wish I had it, my last round having my son I finally knew about it and asked and it was a GAME CHANGER! It’s just an elastic band that has velcro on it that you wrap around your waist and it helps you feel so much better! I swear by it :raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands:

I was out off bed and walking 5 hrs after c section and jetz ist hurts a lil but i think it wasnt that bad, jest make sure u have underwear and pants that go higher op then the c section cut

1 Like

I took all pain meds they offered, so I wasn’t too bad,up on feet within a few hours and had a shower, slow walking, lack of energy, soreness around site of op,found stand up straight hard,don’t lift anything heavier than yr baby, jogging bottoms, loose undies,energy bars and drinks and do leg/ankle exercises couple times a day,ribs hurt slightly when going back into normal place but other than that you just feel like you toddle around like an oap for a few months as no fitness levels, fold forwards if yr going to sneeze or cough as stops any pulling on site of op and low level warm baths without soap soaking area once a day helps wound,after 3-5mths I found it easier to walk to shops and getting places without being knackered, I had twins and slightly bigger cut than others and with pain meds I don’t recall any major pain

The worst part is … 30 years later my incision still feels like it’s pulling and i have a c section sack belly .

I only have one child and he was a C-section baby. So I don’t know what a vaginal birth feels like. They sent me home with heavy duty pain meds which for me was to much so after taking two I didn’t take anymore. I wore loose fitting clothes like yoga pants, dresses, loose fitting cotton shorts. Don’t pick up heavy stuff, relax but also be up and moving don’t push yourself to far like many have said. It’s honestly not as bad as what some people think it would be. Just make sure you are heard every step of the way and if anyone even a nurse makes you uncomfortable speak up.

When I first got out of bed after the surgery it felt like my insides were going to fall out my vagina (my nurse even warned me about it so that’s a normal feeling too!), I found laying on my back to sleep for the first week or so was the most comfortable way also try and sleep half upright so you don’t strain yourself as much trying to get up from a flat bed, don’t stretch too high or low, try and remember to stretch your legs out while you’re in hospital and at home, it’ll help with easing into walking again

It would also help to have more information about their general health tho!!! My mom has behcets disease and rhuematoid arthritis. I also have these and she has prepared me thoroughly for the pain and the scarring that will happen because of our auto immune disease if I do decide to have a kid. Which I will only do if I dont have a chance of passing Behcets on to them. My mom also says weight and other things can contribute to the amount of pain and or other issues that can happen. So some more information might help people give a better idea of what to expect WITHOUT PERSONALLY IDENTIFYING INFO THAT IS!

I had three C-sections, for me, I did not have my monthly period for a while after the c-section. I did not have much medicine. Had to be very still when taking the shot that numbed your body for the cut down your stomach. Plenty of pain after the surgery, but heavy medications then. Healing takes a year. The outside is healed but it’s the inside that needs the healing. Nothing special to bring with you. I am 72 years old and my boys are healthy and well.

Plan on recovery taking some time. How old is your first born? If he/she is a toddler then you need to explain to them that you won’t be able to pick them up. In order to hold and love on them they will either need to be picked up by someone else or climb up to you. Since your body just had major surgery you will need lots of rest. Best thing to do is sleep when your baby sleeps. As for packing make sure you pack comfy non binding clothes for the car ride home. Shoes slip ins or something that you don’t have to bend over to get on. At home make sure you have neosporin or something like that for your incision. Good luck

I’ve had 3 and all you really need honestly is a charger, comfy pillow, and id suggest a nightgown. As far as all the other goes the hospital will supply it. Unless you’d like to bring your own bathroom supplies cuz their shampoo and stuff sucks

1 Like

Comfy clothes. Nothing that is going to be tight on your tummy/waist where your incision will be.

4 Likes

Its faster and easier, I had one of each, just take it easy afterwards and listen to your dr. High waisted panties you’ll need your abdomen will be sore

1 Like

Everyone is going to heal differently. It took me a full 8 weeks to heal. I know Moms who were up and going and had no pain or issues within a week of their surgery.

1 Like

I also suggest getting up and moving around as soon as you are able.

7 Likes

I have my 3rd coming up i packed… Nightgowns, a going home comfy dress, toothbrush, toothpaste, hair brush, hair ties, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, my own pads because the hospital ones are huge lol

1 Like

Mi first csection was an emergency after a vaginal birth was very painful. But my last csection went alot smoother and that one was a scheduled c-section. I was just given some ibprophins and sent on my merry way. Still not easy to go #2

A body pillow! I’ve had a vertical and horizontal c section. Body pillow is a must, especially when you have to cough

1 Like

Large underwear! And loose pants to go home in maybe sweats or leggings. Also try and get up to walk as soon as your able too. It hurts like a bitch but you can do it!

Be prepared to have hight waisted underwear past the belly button. Ask for help that’s first week it will be difficult to get around. Don’t rush to get up and start doing things immediately. Ask for help. It’s a surgery and it comes with recovery. I wasn’t prepared with mine. Also a comfy robe. Best of luck and prayers for a smooth recovery.

Extra pillows - plus comfortable clothes. … extra elephant pads (they only supplied a few so make sure u have plenty) …

I felt sick afterwards on my 3rd so snacks like crackers even a few nibbles.

Have a support person stay with u for at least the first night in case.

Listen to ur dr, also don’t strain ur stomach when getting up etc (listen how to roll on side an use elbow to lift urself up or get support person to assist u. Straining causes damages inside so make sure u listen…

I had an emergency c section in January. 6 weeks early. Best thing I bought was high top undies. You definitely don’t want anything runbing near your incision. Ice packs help alot as well. And do not push yourself its so not worth the pain. Goodluck!

2 Likes

Bring oversized shoes or house shoes that are loose. Swelling of the feet is way worse where they push so many fluids for surgery!

1 Like

Knickers that go up over the wound not hipster ones that sit right on the wound and when you shower use a hair dryer on low to help dry the wound best tips I found after my 4 csections

1 Like

I was up and walking within an hour or two with both my c-sections and I truly believe it helped my recovery. Don’t overdo it or try to soon but definitely be moving as soon as you can. Pack comfy clothes that won’t be tight across your belly. I liked having my own underwear and bathroom supplies. Also, take the pain meds when they’re due to be taken. Don’t be a hero and try to go longer. They did a spinal block on me which is higher up on the back and supposedly less risk for complications. It was a breeze for me. If you have a breast feeding pillow, use it when holding baby at all times. Helps with keeping baby from resting on your incision site or kicking it.

1 Like

Everything I packed was a complete waste! All I needed and wore for both of mine were T-shirt’s and comfy pants. The pants never bothered my incision. Walk as much as possible - I did with my first not so much with my second. For my first, I slept in recovery (they had doubled up on pain meds Bc shift change got behind on them and it knocked me out) by the time I woke up, the spinal block had worn off. My second, I stayed awake after and was so incredibly uncomfortable Bc the spinal block had my bottom half numb and I couldn’t move positions.

2 Likes

Take stool softener and drink plenty of water. The medicine makes you constipated and makes it painful to go poop.

4 Likes

Get the disposable underwear!!! Best thing to have at the hospital and after!!

2 Likes

I used the pads they gave me and put Vaseline on my incision at the hospital and after I came home. Just stuck the pad with the Vaseline on my incision then pulled the disposable underwear up over it and went from there. Helped my incision heal and it’s something my dr told me to I could do

1 Like

Even if you’re not planning to breast feed (I didn’t) carry a boppy! It was the only way I could hold my baby. And a night gown instead of pajamas so it’s not on your incision :blush: good luck and congratulations!

1 Like

Stretchy clothes and granny panties. Move as much as you can but don’t overdo it. Take the pain meds as you need them and don’t try to power through it.

2 Likes

Don’t lift more than 10 lbs for 6 weeks. So your incision won’t dehisced. Use pillow on your stomach when you cough to relieve pressure. Coughing is encouraged. Walk as much as you can. That reliefs gas which hurts more than the incision. Gas can hurt up to your shoulders.

1 Like

You won’t need much as far as clothes. You will be more comfortable in your hospital gown and it will be easier for the nurses to check on you. Pack loose comfy clothes to wear home. Large high waisted underwear and pants. Everything high waisted lol. Nursing bras and tanks if you are breastfeeding. Fuzzy socks with grips. Cell phone charger. Shower necessities. They will provide pads and towels. You will get to the hospital a few hours before your csection is scheduled. They will monitor you and baby for a while and get your iv started. When it’s time you’ll walk down to the operating room sit on the table and they will do your spinal. You will probably feel very nauseous from your blood pressure dropping. They should give you meds to make you feel better. The csection itself only takes minutes. You should be able to do skin to skin immediately depending on your hospital and how things go with the delivery. Afterwards you’ll be numb for a few hours. They will want to try to get you up on your feet as soon as possible. Take the pain meds they prescribe you on time don’t miss any. Don’t lift anything heavier than your baby for six weeks! You will think you feel good while you’re still taking the pain meds but don’t overdo it because when you run out of meds you will be sore. They have little heating packs they can give you they are amazing. Good luck! Congratulations

3 Likes

For me it was extremely painful 3 plus years to feel completely normal again

Definitely loose clothing and high waisted undies so nothing is rubbing against your incision. Bigger comfy foot wear , expect swelling in your feet. Also, my OB had the nurses give me a belly wrap, kind of like a girdle but for postpartum and it was a game changer. I remember researching and got the belly bandit brand and I was able to fit into the one I bought a few days after wearing the one given to me at the hospital, it really helped with pain and swelling. I remember I was able to move around much easier after wearing it and made recovery much better. I don’t think I can post links to the websites for reference but search up belly bandit for postpartum or any other brand you may find. Drink plenty of water to help with swelling. Also, extra extra big pads for when you go home - L brand’s Maxi extra long overnight pads are a good choice if you don’t opt for the pricier postpartum natracare maternity pads which are great also. There’s also the always infinity discreet underwear that give you protection like a diaper would. Best of luck!

1 Like

Wasn’t too bad. I had a particularly great incision site.
The key is to get up and move!! I know itll make you sore as hell but you’ll have meds for that. I attribute my easy recovery to getting up and moving around.
Was in the hospital for 4 days after due to low blood count, I cleaned my room up every day. The nurses told me I was nuts!!
Pack soft sweats you can pull up to your navel and off the incision. Night gown might be a good choice. Invest in some high rise undies. Anything sitting on the incision site HURTS!

2 Likes

Adrenaline is a hell of a thing. My only advice is to do about 75% of what you feel like you can do. Let people carry things. Walk, but not excessively. Limit stairs. Don’t drive.

It’s nice to be able to pee right away without a squeeze bottle. :woman_shrugging:t3::joy:

Oh, and loose pants…

1 Like

My fav thing was high waisted pants.

Comfy oversized clothes. And granny panties. Ibuprofen to help with swelling after you leave the hospital. They gave me some during my hospital stay. When you get up for the first time after surgery don’t look down. I did after my first and almost passed out. But it was also different with that one vs my other 2. I was in the bed longer than I was with my 3rd. Had a morphine drip and I think I was in the bed for around 12 hours after surgery with that one. My 2nd I don’t really remember that much postpartum just that I couldn’t get out of bed for over 24 hours bc I had a magnesium sulphate drip. My third I was out of bed as soon as my spinal block wore off. I didn’t have a drip that time. Just a shot of morphine in my Iv every few hours for like the first 12 hours. The more I walked once I was able to the better I felt. My dr let me drive once I got my staples out as long as I wasn’t taking the pain meds which I only took them while I was in the hospital.

I’ve had 2, one emergency and one scheduled. I think my biggest advice would be to get up and get walking ASAP. With my second I was up and walking 4-5 hours afterwards and it hurts a lot but it really starts the recovery process.

1 Like

Make sure u have a change table or somewhere to change bub where u don’t have to bend

Use a pillow to cough, sneeze, laugh or get up, nightgowns are the best, walk as much as tolerable for you, don’t try to over do it, having my hubby and bff there for the first week home was amazing and helped me so much. Good luck mamma and congratulations :heart:

It’s terrible. Adult diapers for one . Screw everything else . Wear a loose top and maybe shorts. I had no shame . Try a pump . The breast takes more effort after a c-section

Ask your nurse for a binder and use it when you are walking! Stay on top of pain meds

Move move and move ! I was up about 6 hrs after my c section and it helped so much. One thing i didn’t do i regret was wearing the stomach support thingy

2 Likes

My third was an emergency csect. You feel no pain during & they give meds whenever you want them after. I wasn’t allowed to take any pain relief. My son’s father didn’t allow it. I also had no help. My older kids (12 years & 17 mos) stayed in the hospital with me even. Even with all that I’d have a c-section instead of vaginal birth if given the choice. The c-section was a thousand times better than my 2nd child’s birth.

2 Likes

Lose fitting pants that go to navel, high rise undies. Most people say forget the squeeze bottle when it came to c-section but I still used it every single time to make sure I was cleaned properly because it’s hard to bend. Changing table for baby when you’re home. Don’t neglect your stool softeners otherwise constipation is so painful and no joke. I learned the hard way. Also, get up and move as soon as possible. I’m a nurse, and know how important is for my patients to move and I was up as soon as I was off bed rest and the nurses were shocked but I was walking stairs a couple days after I came home.

1 Like

I was in the hospital for one day after my c section then went to ou childrens and walked ths hospital for the next two weeks. I healed amazing and didnt have much pain. I had twins too lol.

1 Like

You know when they push on your stomach after vaginal birth to get the rest of the placenta and blood out? They do that after a c section too. On. A. Fresh. Wound… I’m not going to sugar coat it. It’s awful. But they only did it to me once at least. I’m due for another this October. I’m right there with you.

1 Like

A pillow for the ride home. Hold the pillow like your giving yourself a hug. It helps minimize the pain when driving the road. Best tip my nurse ever gave me!

1 Like

As soon as you’re able to, get up and walk around. You’d be amazed how much a walk around your hospital room can help with the pain after a c-section

1 Like

Pretty easy to be honest.

1 Like

I’ve had 3 the first 2 were very rough and the 3rd was way easy no pain was able to sit up without help (I also didn’t have staples with the last one so that deff helped) but they should give you an ice pack to go across your stomach and if they don’t then ask for one or bring your own that’s the only thing I can highly recommend

I’ve had 2 c section & have my 3rd one scheduled in a few days! my first one was emergency c section & 2nd was scheduled. From my experience i suggest u buy those depends post partum disposable underwear, they are a life saver! stay on top of ur pain meds & keep up with them or else you’ll just be miserable & in pain! Make sure to have a heat pad helps with cramps. Make sure to take stool softener pills in advance a few days prior to ur surgery & after so u don’t have a hard time going to the bathroom after. I didn’t know any of this & I was constipated for 2 weeks after surgery & ended up in the hospital from how much pain I was in so keep up with the stool softener. Try to stay away from meat & eat lots of soup & drink plenty of clear liquids. Make sure to wear a binder ask ur nurse for it! Make sure to have someone stay with u at least for the first 2 weeks to help u get around or help with baby & take care of u so u can heal faster. Make sure to pack stretchy comfy clothes, loose pants that go above ur belly button, some comfy slippers & a robe to keep u warm!

Big thing…ask for the belly binder! That made a world of difference when I had my csection. I was able to get up and walk a little bit without feeling like I was going to fall apart lol don’t forget about taking the stool softeners while you’re in the hospital and after while taking the pain medication.

3 Likes

Recliner! Me personally I’ve always hated laying down in bed after having my csections. I’ll be having my 4th in August.

1 Like

I was in hospital for a week and a bit after a c section with my first. They didn’t inject me properly the first time and had to redo it. If I knew now what I needed then it would of been easier. Extra pads is one for heavy flow (you may not experience that like I did) a pillow for when you feeding bub so it’s not rubbing, try and walk as much a possible if you can. I was told to avoid reaching above my head as it can cause stitches to be ripped out.

Big knickers, stay on top of pain meds, pillow for when you cough or laugh to hold against your stomach xx

1 Like

High wasted underwear that will sit above your scar, loose pants like comfy trackies or PJ pants. Or dresses. Frozen pads - stick them to the inside of your undies so the pad rests on your incision to stop your clothing from running against it! Listen when they say don’t do any heavy lifting! Lots of water and lots of rest! You will definitely need someone to be there to help you

Binder. It helps especially when you suddenly had to sneeze or cough, believe me, lol. I had allergic rhinis attack after my csection I could cry each time I sneezed. Do not carry or pick up anything heavier than your baby until the physical wound is completely healed. It is important that you care for cut to avoid infection. Hydrate. Get some sleep. Hydrate. Don’t do sudden movements while it’s fresh. Hydrate again.

2 Likes

Loose comfy pj’s and robe for after birth.
High rise underwear.
Depends. Thick pads.
Toiletries, shampoo body wash deoderant, toothbrush, lotion and chapstick. Dry shampoo.
Slippers. Comfy socks.
Your own pillow.
Gatorade and snacks.

1 Like

I had 2 natural
2 emergency c sections
Would prefer c sections any day

1 Like

I know this is semi off topic but does some of this also help with a partial hysterectomy?

I didn’t have a C-section for a birth my two was vaginal but I did in 2018 had to have a fibroid removed from my uterus so I basically had a C-section there I could not see the incision and so my friend whenever they looked at it said that all it was on it was strips holding it together no stitches that sort of freaked me out but it was easy after that they got me up walking and taking a shower I did good

High waisted leggings that are loose, and underwear, and a small pillow to push against the incision whenever you sneeze or laugh or cough!!

Definitely take your favorite pillow I took both of my favorite pillows and it definitely helped a lot having them. At our ages we’re considered too old for stuffed animals or comfort items but my pillows are definitely my comfort items haha it was nice having a part of home and something familiar with me when I was so scared and so many things were happening. Also take your favorite person with you whether that’s your mom dad best friend or significant other. I had my mom she stayed with me the whole time and I stayed with her after the surgery until I was comfortable taking care of my son by myself. As long as you stay on top of your meds and don’t over do it the recovery shouldn’t be too bad. They want you to start walking as soon as possible but its easier to do that if you have company 1 in case you fall or feel faint or whatever and 2 so you have someone to talk to to distract you from any pain you might be feeling and makes the walks more entertaining haha they usually have the baby in like a box on wheels kinda thing and my mom and I would do laps with my son in his box thing haha