What should I do with my exes car?

So my ex husband kindly let me borrow his car for a while while I got myself settled and in my own car. Well I finally got my own car. We live in different states 1,000 miles away. I’ve been trying to tell him he needs to pick it up but I’ve gotten no response from him yet. It’s in the way and I took it off my insurance because I don’t need it anymore. So should I call a towing company? Or what should I do because it’s in the way and my landlord is gonna say something about it soon.

516 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. What should I do with my exes car? - Mamas Uncut

I would take it to him if he was nice enough to let you use it.

61 Likes

Get a friend to go with you and drive it back? He was nice enough to lend it to you while you were in need… be nice and get it back!

39 Likes

You need to take it to him. It would be rude to do anything else.

1 Like

Well if he was kind enough to let you borrow it you could kindly not have it towed.

35 Likes

Wow you sound ungrateful. Find a way to drop it off at his house after all he did lend it to you.

36 Likes

Honestly you borrowed the car you should return it.

17 Likes

So he kindly borrowed his own car 1000 miles away. So I think it’s best to kindly wait until you can get a response. Or suck it up buttercup. Don’t think your better NOW because you have a car. Geez :woman_facepalming:t2:

Absolutely not. That’s just rude. Oh thank you so much for loaning me your car, here let me have it towed now that I’m done. Rude as hell

He let you borrow his car and now you’re thinking of having it towed? Maybe you should arrange to get it back to him as a gesture of appreciation. Also put the insurance back on it before you drive it back.

30 Likes

I think if you borrowed it you should be responding for the return of it.

11 Likes

AS above
Do the right thing.
He did the right thing by you.
So play nice!!!

10 Likes

Take it back to him. He let you use it. He shouldn’t have to pay to get it back or have to go out of his way to get it. Its your responsibility after you borrow something.

16 Likes

You need to find a way to get it back to him. If he kindly let you use it why get it towed? At this point, do the right thing and take it back to him. Have someone follow in a different car. Yes it’s a long drive. Why get it towed and do him like that?! He could have left you car-less.

6 Likes

How did you get there to borrow it? If you have your own car I would say it’s only fair to return it

3 Likes

Take it back to him !

5 Likes

He helped you when you didn’t have a car, you should return it back to him. That was very nice of him to do this for you, don’t make him feel like this is his job to find a way of getting his car back.

18 Likes

Drop it off to his parents or a sibling of his. Don’t be petty after he was nice enough to let you borrow it

2 Likes

He let you borrow it and you’re going to get it towed? Really?

5 Likes

Try to get it back to him. He did help you out, right?!

4 Likes

Since he was kind enough to let you borrow it you should’ve been kind enough to find a way to drop it back off to him instead of hassling him to come it. A friend could’ve drove his car and you drove your car and driven the 1000 miles to drop it off and you and a friend could’ve came back in your vehicle. Kinda selfish of you to think that now since you got a car that it’s not your responsibility to take the car back.

6 Likes

Wow… you’re a sh*tty person to act like that. He shouldn’t have to come get it, take it back to him you’re the one that borrowed it!

7 Likes

I would put insurance back on it and atleast store it in a safe place and wait for him to contact you … maybe he can meet halfway?

3 Likes

Are you having it towed back to him? That I can see, but return it to him. Figure out way get it there and pay for the tow since he was kind enough let you use it.

1 Like

Don’t be a douche and have it towed. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Wow… for reals i hope no one does nice things for you ever again. So you dont return it and took it off insurance. So if something happens hes SOL. YOUR TRULY UNGRATEFUL… IF YOU TOW IT I HOPE HE SUES U FOR TOWING COST.

7 Likes

Not trying to be rude here but maybe you’re the reason y’all divorced.

See if he has local family that you can bring it or have it towed to at your cost! Not his, since he let you borrow it. Or pay the delivery fee to have it brought to him.

2 Likes

Get a driver for your car and return it if you have his address.

1 Like

Yes do the right thing. Also if you physically can’t do the drive find a car hauler and YOU pay for it to get to him… With a full tank of gas.

5 Likes

You should definitely return it to him since he was kind enough to let you borrow it in the first place when he didn’t need to

6 Likes

He was nice enough to let you borrow it, you should return it.

4 Likes

be a decent human and return it to him. he let you borrow it you are finished with it return it to his house. have someone follow you to take you back home

4 Likes

Wow u sound EXTREMELY ungrateful :unamused:

8 Likes

He was nice enough to let you use it. Do the right damn thing

If he let you borrow it when you needed it, I would make arrangements to bring it safely back to him.

7 Likes

I agree with most of the comments but if there’s no communication between the two of you then it makes it hard to bring the vehicle to him especially if he possibly moved.

2 Likes

WOW talk about ungrateful and selfish

5 Likes

He kindly let you borrow it … I wouldnt tow it off . I feel as if you should find a way to return it … he did you that favor you should be the one getting it back to him or even try to arrange meeting half way , but towing it off just sounds terribly ungrateful

2 Likes

Starting to see why you’re the ex :woman_facepalming:t2:

20 Likes

I agree with everyone. He let you borrow it so it’s your responsibility to bring it back.

4 Likes

:joy::joy: bring it back to him duh

Take it back to him…. He was kind enough to let you borrow it, that’s the least you can do :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Drive it back to him, make sure you get it an oil change and with a full tank of gas.

21 Likes

Wow drive it back to him. He did a kind thing and you are going to repay him by getting it towed :thinking:

3 Likes

How long since you contacted him? Ignore the ex part for a moment. Person lent you a car assuming you’d take care of it. If you haven’t heard within a month, and tell him that, tell him you will sell it and send him the money. Do you have the pinks for the car? Towing a car you’ve been seen driving would open up a can of worms…

Smfh he let you borrow the car when down on luck and when you’re up you thank him by getting it towed? Moocher much?

4 Likes

Ummm, take it to him.

1 Like

If he doesn’t need it either then help him sell it. Towing it will cost a fortune.

1 Like

Wow that says alot about you!

3 Likes

I need a car desperately

WOW. You should figure out a way to get it back to him. Call a tow company?! GIRL HE HELPED YOU AND HES A EX, he didn’t have to! The audacity is killing me…

10 Likes

Wow…… you’re a real piece of work

5 Likes

Get someone to drive it back and u follow them and when u get to his house park it and drive back home

2 Likes

Geez. Took it off your insurance before ensuring it was back with it’s owner. Tsk. Bring it back to him.

5 Likes

Ummmm really?! Drop it off smmfh. This is why I don’t do favors for ppl! Trash

Donate, and when he does want his car give him the check

2 Likes

Wow. Your level of appreciation is mind boggling. SMH

8 Likes

When we are borrowed things, we need to give them back. If the vehicle in uninsured, then you’ll probably have to have it delivered, and that’s gonna be expensive. Either way, I personally believe it’s your responsibility that he gets it back.

9 Likes

Park it in an empty parking lot if he dosent want to come get it. It will be towed away. I had a boyfriend once who ghosted me.he gave me his car knowing the trannie was going out. I was a single mom of 4. I kept calling him to come get his car,he wouldn’t answer my calls.so I left it in a parking lot. Not my problem. He had the title .

1 Like

That’s just ignorant, he didn’t have to help you out but he did, therefor do your best to get in contact with him . How ever you got the car to your destination, arrange something similar so he can get his car back.

12 Likes

it would be your responsibility to return it to him if he loaned it to you.

4 Likes

Stop!!! It’s his car he kindly allowed you to borrow it. Pkease bectrsir truck to set up a time that YOU drive the 1000 miles and deliver it with a gift in hand. Manners never go out of style and your kids just might remember what a classy Pierson you are

7 Likes

You need to drive it back it back to him, get a full tank and a oil change and make sure it’s cleaned out by you. He was nice enough to let you borrow it so don’t be ungrateful and bitchy cause that’s what your being by acting this way.

if you borrowed his car then you need to return it to him. Common sense/common courtesy

9 Likes

You figure it out or you go drop it off. You needed the car and he was kind to let you borrow it.
How can you expect for him to still figure this out?!?! Tttsssss! That’s probably why y’all are divorced!

6 Likes

He let you borrow it. You need to be the one to take it back to him.

7 Likes

Dang, don’t mishandle your blessing now. It will become a lesson real quick

5 Likes

Put temporary insurance on it, drive it back to him, and get a bus or plane or Uber home. Make sure it’s oil has been changed and you leave him a full tank of gas.
I never would have loaned my car to my ex or vice versa. You best be decent about it or karma will come around!

12 Likes

Drive it back and fly back home.

Oh hell ungrateful much. Take it back to him and have someone follow you on your car or pay for delivery back to him?

5 Likes

Return it , you borrowed it . It’s called respect :woman_facepalming:

6 Likes

What the actual fuck? Do people really think this way? Tf is wrong with people…

Be a decent human being and figure out a way to get it back to him or rent a safe space to park it until you can get it back to him… he’s your ex… he didn’t owe you anything… your landlord hasn’t even said anything YET!! and you’re thinking about having it towed? That’d cost how much to get it out of impound? Women like you give the good ones a bad name… disgusting

It’s your responsibility to get it back to him since he let you borrow it…

4 Likes

The world we live in , I’d say you’re a very selfish person and you’ll always get what you give ! Karma knows your address :wink: take his car to him ! Bus your selfish arse home !

Since he had the kindness and decency to do you a favor and help you in a difficult situation, even without being partners, take the vehicle to him, just as he drove a thousand miles to take it to you or you did to pick up the car.

He also doesn’t know if he doesn’t answer because something bad happened to him.

Being a good person costs nothing and is worth a lot.
It is precisely because of people like you that one does not want to help others, there are ungrateful people in life.

11 Likes

Go take it to him…. He did you a huge favor, unless you’ve been trying to contact him for many months without a response id keep it and continue to find a place to park it until either you can take it to him or he can pick it up! Or go drop it off at one of his friends or family members if you still can’t get ahold of him after many months of trying.

23 Likes

Wow you take it back or store it till he picks it up . What an awesome ex to lend it to you in 1st place :grinning: he could have changed his number or something

3 Likes

Think you can dig any deeper into that self centered vibe u got. So shameful of you. That man helped you and you screw him in return nah. U are a prime example of petty

7 Likes

She took it off her insurance because it’s her EX’S car and she shouldn’t have to pay for it if she WASN’T using it. Y’all are harsh as fuck. If I were you I’d sell it and send him the money to get a new one. Js

Calling a tow company would be the piece of shit thing to do. He allowed you to borrow it. It’s your responsibility to return it. For example if you borrowed $100 from your mom, it’s your job to return that $100 to your mom.

Take it back to him cause you borrowed it. Thought it would be common sense

6 Likes

Wow, you definitely need to be helping get it back to him… he did you a huge favour.

9 Likes

Have it towed back home

Send a certified letter saying he has a certain amount of time to get the car. Since he isnt responding to you. Is the car in your name or his?

4 Likes

Taking it to him would be nice since you borrowed it.

6 Likes

U borrowed it. So u should take it back to him.

7 Likes

Honestly you need to take it to him or Pay someone to do so. I think he was super kind to allow you to use it, put miles on it essentially decreasing its worth. Kinda unfair to ask him to get it

6 Likes

No wonder ur the ex :joy:

15 Likes

If he responds maybe meet halfway

1 Like

When he finally gets it back :joy:

3 Likes

Bitch he HELPED you at least return the favor and put it aside and wait or call a towie and pay the fee for transportation sis . Don’t be a Clown Now because your settled inn, god can take everything away again just like that so humble that ego

I’d say personally, you borrowed it’s your responsibility to get it back to him. Road trip with a friend and drive it back

14 Likes

You seem to have forgotten “kindly let me borrow it”. :woman_facepalming:t4:

7 Likes

You borrowed. You return.

8 Likes

Return it. He did you a favor

13 Likes

Take it back to him. Is it possible to contact a family member and see if they’ll come get it for him?

4 Likes

Take it to him since he let you use it!

3 Likes

You borrowed it. You return it or work out the return.

7 Likes