What should I do?

Help! My baby daddy that has never met my 6 yr old boy, now wants a relationship with him. I somewhat have that issue resolved, in due time. I’d never keep either of my kids from their dad. Anyway, he text me today wanting my sons social security # & a picture of his birth certificate. I called DSS since they handle our child support case, I called them to see what I needed to do. DSS told me I didn’t have to give them a copy of anything & that insurance was taken care of already & would be effective 03/01. Yet, he’s still pushing for me to give him his information, why?

216 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. What should I do? - Mamas Uncut

It’s still tax season. :thinking:

11 Likes

Did you ask him why he needs that info?

3 Likes

My first guess is he wants to file his taxes and use him as a dependent.

6 Likes

Probably because it’s tax season. He can get that information himself if he really needed it. I wouldn’t give it to him.

5 Likes

He can get those on his own.

1 Like

He’s going to carry him on his income tax so don’t do it

4 Likes

My ex wanted my son’s the one time I told him he can go get his own copy and you don’t need to give his ss number to him. If he wants it he can go get his own. If he has insurance he shouldn’t need it. I just played dumb with my ex said I couldn’t find them.

2 Likes

He wants to use him as a dependent on taxes. Which is tax fraud since he doesn’t have custody of him.

24 Likes

He’s probably trying to calm him dont do it

3 Likes

Tax season. Sounds like that’s also why he’s just now coming around of all times. Tryna weezle in and play you dumb to claim kid on taxes.

9 Likes

Pretty sure he’s trying to claim him for taxes, don’t do it.

8 Likes

Bc he wants to claim him on taxes. Don’t do it. He hasn’t been around and has literally no other reason to want that info. Hell no girl.

11 Likes

Sounds as if he’s trying to file taxes especially wanting his SSN.

4 Likes

Tax season. He doesn’t need that information. He hasn’t been involved for 6years. Technically he’s forfeited his parental rights and you could have stripped his rights. If he really wants to be involved than tell him he doesn’t need that information since you already have insurance and provide everything for the child, he won’t care. Text all of this and get him to text hos response. If he really wants to be in the child’s life he’ll drop it. But if it’s for other reasons like taxes or to try and get something out of the situation he’ll be consistent, demanding, and possibly even threatening (depending on type of male).

15 Likes

Sounds like he wants to maybe claim said child on taxes? Idk just a thought

4 Likes

Don’t give him any information. It’s not your responsibility and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. :heartpulse:

3 Likes

Taxes!!! Don’t do it!! Yes, he’d get a slap on the hand and have to pay it back, but it would take you forever to get your tax money back.

Even if it’s not for taxes, he doesn’t need those things.

11 Likes

I wouldn’t do it. But… if we was trying to open a savings account for the child he would need that info. I would ask him why he needs it, and then inform him he can get it himself if he needs it

5 Likes

Do you really think he wants a relationship after six years all a sudden ? No offense but definitely for tax reasons. I wouldn’t trust it

10 Likes

Tell him to go jump"

2 Likes

Hello no don’t give him shit !

Trying to file taxes there’s literally no other reason he needs that info

5 Likes

To claim him on taxes

5 Likes

He wants it for TAXES don’t fuckin give into that shit

If he were involved all along he would know these things! I wouldn’t tell him anything!

2 Likes

He tryin to claim income tax.dont do it

6 Likes

It’s tax season. Be careful I would not give it to him. He’s trying to claim him on his taxes.

5 Likes

No he’s up to something fishy imo. I’ve been through this before, her bio dad was never in her life then all of a sudden wanted her info. Tried to claim her on taxes one year.

9 Likes

someone wants to claim a dependent…… don’t give it to him

8 Likes

Probably wants to claim your kid on his taxes. Dont give him squat.

4 Likes

There’s no reason he needs that information especially seeing hasn’t been in his life.

7 Likes

He wants to claim him for taxes. Don’t give him nothing

5 Likes

Don’t hand it over! There is no need for him to have it!

3 Likes

Taxes. Don’t do it.

2 Likes

Its tax time thats a huge No

2 Likes

Don’t. I’m guessing he’s trying to claim him for something.b

1 Like

If he’s his father he can go obtain his own copy. He probably wants the info for tax purposes he’s not entitled to. I don’t know his character, but have seen some deadbeats use their child’s info to put utilities and such in their name. If child lives with you full time, he’s not eligible for any credits or services on his behalf therefore their is no need to give it to him at the moment. He’s probably heard the irs has been screwing up and been paying both parents the child tax credit and wants to try and claim him. He’s not eligible to do that since he lives with you full time.

4 Likes

No don’t do it… you’ll regret it

1 Like

He can use it to claim taxes or even use it to put items in the child’s name and ruin the kid’s credit. DON’T DO IT

1 Like

No no no, don’t do it

1 Like

If he’s never even met the kid~ he literally has ZERO reason to have that information PERIOD!

7 Likes

Probably going to use it to get loans Or something nefarious like that

1 Like

Don’t even worry with why… you don’t have to so just say No… never let anyone pressure you to do anything.

1 Like

He’s trying to claim him on his taxes. Absolutely not!

7 Likes

After 1 yr it is abandonment…you owe him nothing. He had six yrs to he there. Why all the sudden? And if he did use it for taxes he would get fraud if he did and that is a felony. Then he claims them and doesn’t even see them? If thats what he has planned, he isn’t very smart. You claim them and it would be HUGE red flag to irs. But either way do NOT give him any of their personal records or identification!

1 Like

Taxes that’s why. It’s that time of year and how convenient of him to ask for the stuff now. Don’t give the stuff to him. He’ll be mad tho

9 Likes

He wants to claim
The children for something. Wether it’s taxes, state benefits… whatever. DO NOT give him that info.

8 Likes

He wants to collect the social security money. My son’s Dad who has not been in my son’s life ever since he was born wants my son’s last name changed to his. He just wants to get the social security money.

1 Like

Probably to claim him on taxes…

2 Likes

Just say no. If he needs it he can go get his own copy.

2 Likes

Nope. Nope. Nope. He doesn’t have primary custody. He doesn’t need squat.

4 Likes

No no no no no. Do not give it to him. He will only use it in a negative way. There’s no reason for him to have it if you pay for healthcare and claim him on taxes. Literally no other reason to know/have that info.

2 Likes

don’t give it! probably wants to claim him on his taxes!

5 Likes

Sound like he trying to claim his taxes or something.

3 Likes

Don’t give him any info unless a judge tells you otherwise

5 Likes

My sons dad needed it to add him to his health insurence threw his employer.

Give him a false number and i would report it

3 Likes

He wants to claim YOUR child on his taxes. DO NOT EVER GIVE THAT INFORMATION UP!!

12 Likes

Taxes DONT DO IT!! Never ever give that to him. Any INFO he dont need it.Tell him u lost all that stuff.

2 Likes

Tell him DDS said you don’t have to give it to him. The information he asked for, he needs if he’s going to claim him on taxes maybe

9 Likes

To claim him on his taxes thats why

6 Likes

I’d first ask him why he needs this information? If he’s offensive I’d tell him no. If he’s trying to open a savings account or something that benefits your son I’d send him this
Id text him this
" hello, after talking with DDS and calling social security I’ve been advised not to give that information out. With that said, bc you are “said child’s name” father, you have every right to pursue these but i have to ask you to obtain them in the proper way. You can visit the town hall and social security office to obtain these items, the same way I did.

12 Likes

He wants to claim him on his taxes I bet

6 Likes

He wants to claim on taxes. HELL NO. you have 100 % rights and have dine everything. He does nothing. Do NOT give him a damn bit of info.

It’s tax time if he has a ss number he can clam him on his taxes

3 Likes

He wants to claim him on his taxes. Don’t give him any info. No way would I let my 6 yr old go with someone who doesn’t even know my child and has NEVER wanted a relationship with him. There’s been NO contact with my ex husband in 2 yrs. He’s NEVER paid CS even though he’s court ordered to. He won’t EVER have visitation with my son again. He has chosen to abandon my son.

8 Likes

Sounds like he’s trying to claim him on his taxes

2 Likes

Do not give him anything. He is planning something nefarious. If he continues to bug you about it, send him to me. I have simple words which even he will understand.

3 Likes

In this situation, I wouldn’t give him the information either. But as stated above, just know that he can obtain those things on his own at some point.

1 Like

He is probably trying to claim him on taxes

2 Likes

I take it he’s not on the birth certificate. He can get the info himself after establishing paternity. Please don’t listen to all the bitter women trying to demonize him for the past, if he wants to be a father NOW, give him a chance.

15 Likes

It’s tax time so he would need his number to claim him. Don’t do it

2 Likes

He wants to file him on his taxes.
Don’t do it!!! No matter what!

2 Likes

Why does he want it ?
Say no must be an alternative motive
If it is for beneficiary reasons then ask him for proof of the insurance documents
Because it would only be in a trust fund and you would need to be the one getting it initially cause he is a minor
You will need that info in case something happens or it will just sit there .

1 Like

Tax time girl. It’s the only time when the lost parent wants anything to do with the kid.

3 Likes

Don’t give it to him. He probably wants to try and claim him on his taxes.

2 Likes

He hasnt been around for 6 years and now wants to be but wants his SSN? never ever. Nope.

4 Likes

Bad vibes. Noppppeeeee!

2 Likes

Taxes!! Only reason why. Don’t do it!

2 Likes

Yeah, I wouldn’t recommend doing that

2 Likes

He wants to claim the child on his taxes and he probably wants to take out a life insurance policy on your child. He has Monetary goals he isn’t interested in his child.
He hasn’t needed this information before and he doesn’t need it now to have a relationship. Tell him no and see if he still wants to meet his child.

3 Likes

He is probably trying to claim him on taxes which he can’t do since son isn’t in his care. Don’t do it.

4 Likes

He wants claim him on taxes … If you have full coustody and you have raised him DO NOT give it to him you can claim him …I would do it if it was me …Tell him you are going or you have already claimed him …

2 Likes

Don’t do it. I wouldn’t even let him go see him or stay with him without you being there. I had something similar happen to me. I thought I was doing the right thing by letting my daughter go see her father (hasn’t seen her in 4 years) came into her life & started seeing her. 4 months into it, BOOM! He took her and wouldn’t give her back. I had to alternate my whole life to get her back and my family spent a lot of money on lawyers getting her back. Court order is now in place. Get a court order or you will be spending $1000 getting your child back.

3 Likes

100000% do not give him that information

2 Likes

Trying to claim for taxes. Don’t do it

5 Likes

Tax time, he want that child tax credit

2 Likes

He wants to claim him on taxes probably. Don’t do it.

1 Like

If you’ve already filed taxes, give it to him. If he claims the child, the IRS will ding him and take the money back (if they actually give it to him in the first place - they may just ding him and not give him a dime) by garnishing his wages. It’s called tax fraud. Then you can contact the IRS and put a PIN on your kid’s ss# and he will not be able to claim him without the PIN. Anyway, he’s up to something but if this is the game he’s playing, he will get caught.

2 Likes

I doubt he wants a relationship, sounds like he wants a tax deduction as everyone’s said. Don’t give him the info & file your taxes early in case he pulls this. You may also want to give a heads-up to the IRS.

6 Likes

If he wants it he can go get a copy himself but more than likely he’s looking for that child tax credit

4 Likes

I wouldn’t give him the social security number that way he could try and claim the boy on his taxes and leave you in a real bind nope he can have a pic but no on the social security number he has no need to have it…He can also use his social security number to file for social security for the child all he would need is to get one of his buddies who happens to be a MD to say that your son suffers from PTSD from losing contact with his father or has anxiety or some other BS and it is an instant payout. So no definitely do not give any information on your son to a man who has had nothing to do with your son or his wellbeing in the last 6 years any information. He wants a pic…ok you probably have pics of him on your facebook that he could download if he got ambitious so yeah why not…but nothing more

1 Like

Even worse then wanting that info for taxes there honestly nothing to stop him from using that information and running his credit

3 Likes

Maybe he is going to try to claim him. I wouldn’t send him anything. Tell him to call the courts if he needs the info…

1 Like

He’s trying to get his taxes done yoooo

3 Likes

Either taxes or some Kinda fraud don’t do it !

2 Likes

Be present when they’re together. And DO NOT give him his info and documents! Omg no!

2 Likes

Do not. He is trying to claim that child on SOMETHING. I wouldn’t let him take your son anywhere by himself either. Not at first. You don’t just get to pop up outta deadbeat nowhere demanding personal info and trying to act like you had some fatherly epiphany… Ugghhhhh.

7 Likes