What would you do if your husband wanted to get rid of kids toys?

Offer to move it all out of the way for him when he goes to mow :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Pick them up for him before he cuts or make the kids pick up after themselves after they are done playing.

If you have a lot make your kids choose which ones to get rid of and make it their job to clean up their toys when he mows. And you help too if you can. Teamwork is key in a family.

2 Likes

Doesn’t make sense. Maybe make sure the kids are doing doing part by cleaning up when they are done if there are toys being left out of place. But I wouldn’t get rid of anything.

Offer to do the work around the playset and ect.

Getting rid of the kids toys because he doesn’t want to deal with mowing around them is incredibly selfish of a parent. I have never had an issue with it and my husband has never complained once. Once my kids got big enough they started moving them out of the way for their dad. We’ve never considered getting rid of their outside toys just because they get in the way of yard work.

2 Likes

Tell him stop being lazy ! Use weed killer! Seriously

2 Likes

I’d tell him to hire a gardener if it’s that big of a deal. Kids are inconvenient even without the big yard toys :joy:

1 Like

U clean up the yard while he mows. Simple. Have ur kids help

3 Likes

If they don’t get used then I would agree with him. If they’re used often I’d do my best to keep any of them I could picked up off the ground to make it as easy as possible when he mows.

1 Like

Get the kids to pick up toys or offer to pick up before he cuts the grass!
I’d rather pick up the toys then have to cut the grass lol

2 Likes

If they use it no need to get rid of it tell him to grow up and deal with it

I feel the same way. I sent them all to my moms except the trampoline bc the grass under it died. Its a huge pain in the ass especially when Im all hot and aggravated anyway

Hmm maybe a Family chore? When it’s time for Dad to mow, the kids round up their random toys (maybe a shed for their outside toys, bikes etc), Mom weed wack around the swing set and Dad mows away​:+1:t3::+1:t3:

3 Likes

Maybe you should take the kids and make them clean their toys up or maybe you should pick them up and he mows.
Ya know… team work

3 Likes

Tell him one day there will not be any toys to pick up or work around. In the meantime, have the kids pick up the toys and put away what they can before yard day.

5 Likes

I would do the yard myself or pay someone else to do it kids need to play and Momma needs them too.

1 Like

Pick a toy area and mulch it then he won’t have to mow around it

2 Likes

Get a Lil storage shed for the kids to keep their toys off and away from the grass

I mean you said you can do it yourself…. :woman_shrugging:t3: if it’s not that big of a deal do it. Or Atleast go out and move the stuff for him to do it.

1 Like

I’d feel lucky if this was my biggest problem

1 Like

If they can’t pick up their toys they shouldn’t have them, they need to clean up their mess…

3 Likes

Could always install a weed blocker and lay down sand. Like a huge sand box under the swing/play area. Just make sure there’s shade so the sand doesn’t get so hot.

Make a designated spot for all the stuff and have the kids help on mow day

1 Like

Go get some round up and spray around the swing set and then he’s got nothing to cut around.

1 Like

Put bark around the swing set so neither has to mow around it. #WorkSmarterNotHarder

1 Like

My kids are to pickup their toys or I mow over them only every ran like 2 over because they refused they don’t refuse anymore

2 Likes

My husband put weed killer around my girls play set and certain spots that r a b**** to get to on the mower… And Everytime before dad mowes he tells the girls and they have to go out and get their stuff up were it’s supposed to be out of the way and any other stuff they might have left out by the swing set or other toy spot

1 Like

We used to have to clean the yard before my dad mowed. Sticks, toys and dog poop. We also moved our swing set and little play house too. Tell him to stop being a stick in the mud

Put something under the swings… or frame the ground around them with wood or bricks and fill in with mulch or something

1 Like

I’d just do it and then be like look at what I can do :woman_shrugging::rofl:anything you can do I can do better :notes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

I wish i could bring myself to get rid of some of my kids toys. But im a hoarder. I cannot. He can come get rid of ours if he wants to get rid of some. :rofl::rofl::sob::sob::sob:

I’d tell him “Fine I’ll take care of, (mow), the lawn and from now on you do all the laundry”

Kids need toys and outside time.

However if there are a ton of small toys all around I understand why he’s annoyed. But tell kids they have to pickup or they go in trash :woman_shrugging:

Big stuff, work together as a team to move it

Just put some weed/grass killer around the toys. Problem solved.

My husband just wraps the swings up and mows around it. He also kills the grass around it with weed killer. He wont take toys away from the kids he knows I will just buy more.

1 Like

Have the kids put their toys away and he’s just going to have to deal with the hassle of the swing set if he doesn’t want to put in bark or something.

My father was the same way growing up.Couldn’t have any toys on lawn for same reason.

This is important. Take away anything sentimental. 14 years later, you’ll regret you hadn’t as the kids head off to college.

If you can do it no problem then do it? Tf? Toys everywhere in the yard is trashy as hell anyways and should be picked up everyday, if you’re not doing that than YOURE the lazy one. :tipping_hand_woman:

5 Likes

So, then why don’t you be the one to cut the grass? If, as you said, you can do it no problem

1 Like

Honestly sounds lazy. It’s not that big of a deal! Why not let your kids have fun outdoors at the expense of spending a couple minutes extra mowing the grass. It takes a little longer to clean inside the house because of toys, same thing outside. :woman_shrugging:t2::woman_facepalming:t3:

2 Likes

Make kids clean up their stuff or it gets distroyed/thrown away. Same rules I have in house if they don’t want to clean up their things/room.

3 Likes

I would make a toy bin/storage for the kids toys and make them pick them up every night. That’s what we do with my daughter and she has a “parking space” where she parks her bikes etc. My husband doesn’t want to deal with a trampoline but once we get it I’ll just be in charge of moving and mowing. Which I love doing yard work. I would personally start doing it yourself then he has nothing to complain about. Plus it’s probably a saving Grace for you and your sanity for the kids to have something to play with

1 Like

Okay so why don’t you cut the grass if it’s no big deal to you?

1 Like

In our old house we bought land scape timbers and edged it in with a tarp to keep grass from growing and mulch. That way we just had to weed eat around the edge

Living in the country I second the weed killer around the ay sets or any big items…and clean the toys before he mows… although my husband, while he has his own faults wouldn’t make a big deal about it… probably because laundry food clean house kid taken care of all day everyday plus homeschool

Let him. I hate the toys too. :joy:

1 Like

I have two acres of just grass.
My kids have a swing set & outside toys.

My kids are sent outside before husband mows to pick up their toys every time.

I go out and move the swing set when he’s ready, and move it back after he’s done.

Teamwork makes the dream work.
I have zero desire to mow the yard, and am thankful my husband does it, so I help how I can. You’re both being assholes, honestly.

Then you should be the one cutting the grass? You volunteer to do it I’m confused as to what the issue is :rofl:

1 Like

Maybe you could weed eat around all the toys before your husband is ready to cut the grass.

Imagine having a husband who cares more about himself :joy:
I bet you pick up all the toys in the house and his shit too, all without bellyaching and throwing shit away! :joy:
Sorry girl!

Train the kids to put their toys aside or in a bin when they are done. Its good practice. My son has global developmental delays but was trained to pick up his mess, shower, put his dishes in the sink, etc from when he was small. You’ve got to smart when they are small. Same with behavioral expectations.

Mine says this all the time. I just hug him and tell him the kids love there toys, and if we got rid of them I will send the kids his way when they are bored… no more complaints for like a month :joy::rofl::joy:

Get a whipper snipper and u do it lol

If he is fed up cause of the kids toys then u take over. Simple

2 Likes

Get the kids to help tidy up. My 4 kids help. But I don’t mind doing it, neither does my husband. It’s just part of being a grown up with kids :woman_shrugging:

Find a toy nox or designated area to keep the toys

1 Like

Maybe make an area for the toys to be placed. And make sure when the kids are done playing with them they put them back. Make sure the kids know the consequences for not putting the toys away. This should be a reasonable compromise… and it’s teaches the kids to be responsible for their toys.

2 Likes

I think he should cut half and you should cut half. Your half being with the toys. Problem solved.

3 Likes

Um thats easy do it my damn self :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

My husband has fussed about the stuff in the back yard. Only thing he has to move is the trampoline. He just mows around the pool and swing set and then weed eats the rest. I mean maybe you get out there and do it….

You take over cutting the grass for a few months and decide whether it’s being lazy or that the toys are truly inconvenient to mow around

4 Likes

My kids had no toys out side now and when they did i told them to put it back in the toy box or i run over the toys with the Lawn mower so now they know how to pick up after them self ps and yes i did run the toys over

1 Like

Why dont you compromise and help move the toys when he has to mow so that way he only has to deal with the swing set?

4 Likes

Does he cut around his cars or boats in the yard? When the kids won’t leave him alone because they have nothing to play with then he will be mad they are talking to him. :roll_eyes:

Both cut that’s what we do …1 rides and 1 push mows and weed eats next time we change…works for us…

2 Likes

Having to stop mowing constantly to move stuff sucks try and find a way at to organize all the toys to make it easier

1 Like

You mow around the big toys and weed whack up close to them. That’s what my parents always did when I had a sandbox and a swing set. Granted my mom did most of that. If the kids are leaving smaller stuff they should be taught to pick it up and put it against the house or in a box when they’re done because your hubby is right he shouldn’t have to deal with that stuff.

Or you could tear up all the grass and plant clover. Clover only grows to a certain height, so you never have to mow it.

As far as big stuff like the swingset he can mow around little stuff should be picked up before anyone mows. My kids pick theirs up or they get ran over lol

1 Like

Depends. If kids don’t play with half the toys. Cuz I bet they have more inside. Well instead of throwing them. Why not donate them. Or sell them. If they are in good condition. All toys can always be replaced. And then you can get a toy box for outside. And put what ever toys they have inside. Outside. Not all. But I say the ones that hardly get played with.

My husband says the same. I go pick up all toys in backyard so it is easier for him to mow or weed eat or do it myself…They can be an inconvenience sometimes…especially when they leave out sandbox toys

You guys do it together. Do it as a team.

1 Like

Have the kids move all the toys the night before lawn day

1 Like

Move the toys for him when it’s time to cut, that way you’re both doing something.

It’s a pain in the ass to continously move toys and junk to mow. Help him

Move the toys for him while he is mowing.

Well, its pretty simple to pick the toys up and move them after they’re done playing. Problem solved.

Having kids comes with having toys everywhere :woman_shrugging: if he wants them to be contained when not in use he can go get a small shed type thing and store the kids toys in there with the exception of the swing set.

1 Like

I cut the grass at our home. Thats my me time and hubby will watch the kids lol. We have 2 kids and toys all over. I would say he’s being lazy. Just my opinion. I cut around a playset, i move the toys, its not that hard to do.

2 Likes

When my husband mows our yard I go Infront of him and move everything around so he doesn’t have to stop. Maybe teamwork might not make him so fustrated at the situation.

3 Likes

My children pick up all the toys before my partner mows (ranging from age 1 to 9) and move it out if the way, if they care for it they will move it. I mean even the 1 year old joins in with tidy up she thinks it’s a game

Round up the kids day before mowing and make them sing clean up! Make it fun and then give them an ice cream or popsicle as a reward! This is only for a little while and then they are gone!

I would trade him a chore. I’ll cut the grass if he takes my most hated chore. 🤷🏻

So teach the kids to pick up their toys. Get a bin to keep them in or something. This is a teachable moment for the kids. As far as the swingset he can get over that. We mow once a week. This is a once a week inconvenience. Time to put on his big boys pants, parent and deal with a small inconvenience.

2 Likes

I almost didn’t read this this because it seems that everyone just passes the blame but you that have answered are just what I needed today.Yes the kids need to learn to take care of their things and mom needs to help dad instead of ridicule him. Do the job as a family and become one.

If it’s not a big deal, then you cut the grass :woman_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

Get a big bin and have the kids get out there and clean up their toys before he mows.

Maybe you and the kids can clean the toys up before he mows the lawn

3 Likes

Tell him you’ll throw all his clothes away because you can’t be bothered washing them :joy:

8 Likes

Why not put landscaping timber’s up and make a play area? Not sure how big your yard is, but kids need stimulation. I can see downsizing, but to completely get rid of things based on the fact that you don’t want to deal with them (in this scenario) seems a little odd.

1 Like

My husband hates weed eating too lol so he buys round up and kills all the grass around the swing set and trampoline etc so all he has to do is ride his lawn mower lol

1 Like

He’s being ridiculous. You can put ride ones & such under the mobile home. That’s what we did. Throw the swings up enough to get the mower under them & use a weed Wacker around the poles.

Work together as a family. Sounds like he’s burnt out honestly. Maybe try and come up with a system that works for all of you.

1 Like

Simple. You cut the grass

1 Like

Throw his toys in the bin. See how he likes it

I would suggest he level off the grass from the swingset area. Cross bow works wonders on weeds and grass.

Start mowing that lawn then I guess :woman_shrugging:t3: or move the toys for him before he mows?

4 Likes

Go mow and weed eat. If the kids are old enough to pick up, have them do it… then make him do dishes. :rofl:

1 Like

As stated above teach the kiddos to pick up toys after done playing put in a bit or designated spot out of the way. I did this with our kiddos cuz the yard looked trashy and it makes mowing so much easier and small toys do t get run over. I mow around the swing set and shrubs/ trees close to the fences ect. everyone wins this way in my book with family yard day.

3 Likes