When can you start baby on cows milk?

No it’s not too early. She’s around a year. I started my girls on milk around 11 months old maybe a wee bit before I began by mixing the formula and the milk with like 3/4 formula to 1/4 milk and then 1/2 to 1/2 and then 1/4 to 3/4 until I had swapped it over to milk. Just watch out for constipation and changes in BM overall.

2 Likes

My daughter was on Enfamil for sensitive tummies after breastfeeding her for a few months, eventually that wasn’t fulfilling her so we switched to glass bottle whole milk from a local farm that sells their milk in stores around here. At first we started out diluting it with warm water, then built her up 100% whole milk. She did GREAT!! Glass bottled milk is more expensive, but better for you! That’s the only milk we buy and it’s the only milk I can have myself without getting a migraine! :grin:

U can transition now i personally did a ounce at a time every couple days
7 ounce formula 1 oz milk
6 ounce formula 1 oz milk
Etc.

1 Like

Milk should be fine, just check for rashes. My kids were less then a year when I switched

I Get Paid 0ver $ 109 per hour w0rking from h0me. I never thought l’d be able to do it but my colleague makes over $ 13085 a m0nth doing this and she convinced me t0 try. The possibility with this is limitless.

SEE MORE HERE… https://LifeStyle49.pages.dev

She’s old enough. I normally switched at a year. My sister switched hers at 10 months

1 Like

My son was on baby food and homogenized milk. At six weeks. He was allergic to formula. He’s now 50+ and healthy. Only time he’s been to the doctor was for gallstones.

My kids were 8 months when we switched years ago. They are 24 17 and 12 now.

1 Like

They say a year but you know your baby best each child is different… a fed child is best :ok_hand: :heart: my little one started getting cows milk 10 month mark xx

Yep. She will be just fine. I switched mine around 10 months plus they were off the bottle to sippy cups and almost walking. Now they grown men and perfectly healthy. I think my mom switched my baby brother at 6 months cuz she couldn’t BF anymore and he didn’t tolerate formula very well.

I started giving all my kids cow milk with meals starting at 6 months… Cow’s milk is not horrific for them it just lacks certain stuff they need…
As usual consult your ped blah blah

My son started refusing bottles at 9-10 months. He wanted big people food instead. I switched him to milk at 10 months!

She’s old enough just do small amounts . Make sure there’s no allergies.

She’s not far from a year old. I’d discuss it with her pediatrician though.

1 Like

We were just in the same predicament. Her birthday is next Wednesday and the doctor said we could do about a week early but we did about 2-3. We had to mix it with the formula we had left and gradually reduce it until she was used to it but she’s taken to it great

Try it and see how she does, it that seems like too much try Almond or soy then. I’m so sorry for you mommas out there with little ones right now. I can’t even imagine this happening when my kids were small. Hope it works for her

1 Like

I was having the same problem.my baby is the same age aND I started him on cows milk a week ago. I just used what formula I had left which was a small can an did a few of ces of cows milk and few ounces or formula to gradually put him on cows milk only. He’s doing great!

My daughter was 10 months.

I started most of my kids at 8 months

1 Like

I started mine at 11 months. All I did was buy a gallon of whole milk separate it into 2 jugs and mixed with water. So far no issues and my kids are 20-13 years old. But my oldest does have Gerd and hates milk now so.

She’s close enough to 1 for cows milk, but definitely talk to your paediatrician first

Girl, feed that baby cows milk. Your pediatrician must have talked to you about this.

1 Like

Ask your pediatrician.

I transition my girls at 11 months I wanted them to get used to so when I switched didn’t have any problems

SHe is eating baby food so cows milk is fine. Just make sure she gets enough food and especially fruit when you first start. The cows milk can make her contipated at first. Good luck

2 Likes

Toddler formula if you can find it! But yes cows milk should be okay at this point if you cant find anything else. Just make sure she’s getting enough nutrients from her daily meals and snacks, and ensure she’s drinking water too. If babe doesn’t do well with the cows milk (upset tummy) they do sell lactose free milk and almond milk or goat milk works well too!

2 Likes

Started all 3 of mine by 10 months no issues especially now with the current shortage going on I would run it by your doctor but I’d still just do it regardless of what the Dr says because it def won’t hurt nothing just watch for lactose intolerant that happened to my daughter and youngest son I dunno if it was due to starting them early or just a coincidence

2 Likes

I did mine at 9 months we did 2% milk and they both was fine .

3 Likes

My niece’s pediatrician said you can start half formula half milk in the same bottle at 10 months. You can definitely start at 11.5 months. The baby still needs some formula so give him what you can find supplement with whole milk and solid foods.

1 Like

Started all mine at 10 months no problems

1 Like

I started transitioning my daughter also, a huge part of the transition is how their tummies handle it and feeding them foods and possibly getting vitamins if they are lacking any nutritional aspects. Always speak with the Pediatrician first to make sure but babies gotta eat and this formula shortage is scary.

1 Like

My youngest 2 both switched early I have a 10 month old and he is off of formula pediatrician have the ok because he is also off of baby food and eats 3 home cooked meals plus snacks every day so he gets enough to not have to have formula

1 Like

I’m starting the transition now for my 10 month old. Check with your Dr. But we got the ok being she is eating table food 3+ times a day.

1 Like

My daughter was like 10 1/2 almost 11 months when I started her and she took to it with no problem I would give her the red top

Amazon sells NAN OptiPro 3 (12+ months). May be that’s not your child’s brand, but still more adapted than a regular cow milk.

Start out by mixing cows milk with formula gradually to the point where you can switch the child over. She’s certainly old enough unless there is an allergy to milk.

3 Likes

Switch to toddler formula !!!

You can absolutely start her on it along with food. At that point my daughter was eating 3 meals a day, with snacks in between and just a bottle at night. You usually transition from formula to milk at 12 months anyway.

1 Like

I was at Wal Mart the other day - didn’t see any formula - but I’ve read about people suggesting goat milk. Can Almond or Soy Milk work just as well???

2 Likes

My son is 10 months old and I was okayed by his doctor that he can start homo milk at 9 months old 2% I think is 12 months old

1 Like

Three of my kiddos were off of formula at the age of ten months , started transitioning at nine months with the okay from their doctors.

1 Like

No, 11 months is fine. As long as she’s getting nutrition from food it’s fine to start giving her cows milk, maybe try goats milk it’s better for humans, more nutrition. Look into led weaning if you haven’t started her on actual food yet. My son was off of formula at 10 months. IF you use cows milk, make sure it’s whole milk. No 2% or 1% BS. Doesn’t have the nutritional needs your child will need.

Shell be fine. Introduce slowly. Do some milk some formula.

Their is multiple cans being sold on marketplace and offer up, maybe see if your area has any.

You can totally start the child on whole milk :slight_smile: I did all mine around 10 mths

3 Likes

Ya know, in the “olden” days, mothers would make their own formula with recipe’s from their pediatrician. I still have mine in a baby book.

1 Like

12 months is when they start so you should be fine with cows milk now. My son had both when he was 11 months and since your daughter is almost 12 months, you should be good. Just make sure it’s whole milk as they need it for brain development.

Mine went on at 10 months and food properly from about 11 1/2.

Goat milk or lactose free milk with a little purified water and light karo syrup

1 Like

No its not too early. They usually transition to cows milk at 12 months anyway. Try mixing it with formula to see if it upsets her tummy.

She would be fine with cow’s milk and baby food.

2 Likes

l get paid over $125 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $18830 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

M0re Info. https://netpayjob58.pages.dev/

I started my son on whole milk at 11 months! Pediatrician said it was okay for us!

2 Likes

my kids youngest 3 all came home from hospital on cow’s milk and all past 50 now and they had vitamins they took but grew up fine unless there is a health problem they will grow and it sure was a lot cheaper

I started all 3 of my girls around 9 mos they did fine.

99.9% of doctors say 12 months I started mixing milk in my baby’s bottle at 11 months by the time they were 12 months the bottle was 95% milk

1 Like

Start her now. That’s a good age.

1 Like

I started giving my son cows milk around then. He just turned one. He drinks it cold.

1 Like

Yes, I’m a nurse and can verify that starting them on whole milk after about 10 months is okay. Check w/ your pediatrician’s office to see if they want you to include any multi-vitamin drops or supplement drops as well for your child in one bottle or more per day. But if you can’t find formula at this time, starting them on whole milk is perfectly fine.

2 Likes

I started mine on it when he was 11 months bc formula was expensive and couldn’t find his anywhere

I started my youngest 2 kids at 10 months

You can start introducing milk around 6-8 months and by 1 year they should be fully off formula and on real food. That typically happens sometimes during that 11th and 12th month. My son gave up the bottle completely at 11 months old and never looked back. Hes now 11 years old, taller than me, and placed 5th at nationals last year for wrestling. You can switch over to whatever type of milk you choose.

1 Like

Should be ok adds a little kyro syrup to prevent constipation

I started mine at 11 months

1 Like

She is old enough now, good to go momma.

1 Like

A tiktok pediatrician said if they’re over 11 months and it were her patient she would say it’s “probably fine”. As long as they’re otherwise healthy. They can have milk at that time in a case like this. But you could give toddler formula to older babies 9+ months too if u can find that. That’s what I did because I still wasn’t perfectly comfortable with cows milk. But of course it’s better than nothing.

You can also give a little water and high fat foods. While fat yogurt, avocados, etc

1 Like

Shes old enough to not have it at all actually but yes she’s old enough

1 Like

We started at 10 months adding whole milk, by 11 she was fully on whole or coconut milk.

I started all my kids around 10 months but talk to ur kids doctor first

1 Like

this is a question for your pediatrician, not a facebook group

good luck to you this formula thing is so hard on moms

My dr let me when mine was 9 mos

Water it down and add some Karo :heart:

Your pediatrician will more than likely tell u you can. I started mixing it, half prepared and mixed formula half cows milk in my kids bottle to transition them at 12 months old. Your baby is the exact age recommended to begin cows milk. I also used lactaid milk bc the whole milk upset their bellies.

1 Like

I started my daughters on Regular milk at 11 months I’m pretty sure she’ll be fine now

1 Like

You really need to be asking her pediatrician not the internet

Talk to your doctor!

Kids don’t need cows milk at all and at 11 months you can wean a baby off formula

1 Like

Started all 3 at almost 11 months. Nido for toddlers in the Hispanic section of most stores (Walmart for sure) if you want to try it. My youngest wasn’t a fan and I don’t think I ever finished a can with any of my kids.

Yes she is old enough

Do it. Mine is same age n doing cows
Milk

I had read somewhere that at that age you can start them on the toddler formula. Or is that also out?

I also suggest talking to your pediatrician before starting it

Mine was on cows milk and baby food

2 Likes

No you can start using milk not 2%only whole

1 Like

At 11 and a half months, I’d do it. They say 12 months and I highly doubt 15 days will
Make a difference. Definitely check with the doc though.

2 Likes

I started all four of my baby’s on whole cows milk at 11 months old. I slowly started to wean them off formula at 10.5 months old. Their pediatrician approved each time.
By the time they were 11 months old, I gave them 3 formula bottles a day, 1 in the morning, 1 in the afternoon, and 1 right before bed. Each of my kids were completely off formula before they even turned 1. :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

I started my son at 3 months old on 2%. My dr told me to make sure he takes vitamins because vitamins are in formula but not cows milk. This was 40 years ago.

no it isn’t is shr earing food now if not start that also!

Formula gave my son bad colic so Dr said give him cows milk. This was at 4 months.No problems.

It’s really not gonna be a problem at all I mean we’re all here aren’t we our parents did it, I did it with my two kids they are perfectly healthy and happy. I really wouldn’t stress over it start the whole milk. It’s healthier for you both for not traveling over 60 miles and stressed out over the formula

1 Like

It’s really not gonna be a problem at all I mean we’re all here aren’t we our parents did it, I did it with my two kids they are perfectly healthy and happy. I really wouldn’t stress over it start the whole milk. It’s healthier for you both for not traveling over 60 miles and stressed out over the formula

My son’s pedtrition started him on it at 12 months old. Did excellent.

1 Like

You can start her slowly now. My 6yo was off formula by 10mo but that was cause she rejected formula. My 3yo was off formula before she hit 1yo, like a week before her 1 year bday. Pregnant with #3 and I will let her lead with it like my eldest and if by 11mo she’s still on it then we will start weaning her.

Goats milks is so much better for us than cows milk

1 Like

Try her on goat milk

Yes start your baby on whole cows milk now. I did all of mine right from breast milk to cows milk. Never had any issues with all 5 children

1 Like

We always started our kids with whole milk around a year old.

1 Like

That said Walmart were stocking up all over today just saw a post