When did you start purchasing baby things?

If you find something good on clearance get it but I did put money up to buy diapers wipes ect I didn’t really start buying anything for either of my kids until 20-25 weeks especially because you don’t know what other people will get you

We started around 12 weeks just getting the little things here and there like diapers bottles A couple of blankets and burp rags stuff like that and then waited closer towards the end to get clothes it’s a lot easier to drop 50 or $60 here or there rather than doing it all at the end

After the baby shower around 7 months. We bought what we still needed after the shower. Gift cards and cash that were given helped!!!

My ex SIL gave us all our big stuff we would need as my girls are now 4 and 5 and we dont have it anymore. I’m talking crib, swing, high chair, Johnny jump up, baby bath tubs etc… all we need for him now is just diapers wipes and a little bit of clothes I’m 22 weeks now.

We started right after 12 weeks with gender neutral stuff and then after we found out the gender we bought the rest

I used to buy at least 1 item every pay day as soon as I found out I was pregnant. I have 4 kids now and it’s a system that worked for me.

I’d start now. You can buy wipes, diapers etc for baby then wait for the gender ultrasound to finish up. Don’t wait last minute bc the 3rd trimester can be hell :flushed:

After I took a pregnancy test lol. Just every time I went to the store I would pick up at least one thing then bought all the big stuff around 6 months. Set everything up around 8 months. People say not to buy things until after the baby shower so I was waiting to buy some things until after but I never got one because the country closed down the week before so I wouldn’t count souly on that. Congrats on the baby!

Stock up on diapers, wipes and clothes now. Never underestimate the amount of poops and pee and spit up. The rest will come in time. Necessities first then once you get to around 20-25 weeks then get the bigger stuff. Life is unpredictable and you never know where you will be at the end of your pregnancy.

we really didn’t buy anything major, we waited til our baby shower then what we didn’t get we bought after to have.

We have almost every thing wrong need and im not even pregnant yet!!! Haha i think it just depends on when and what feels right for you :slight_smile: the only thing we don’t have is pink or blue stuff haha all gender neutral :slight_smile:

Unless you want to buy gender neutral items I would wait until you know if you’re having a boy or girl.

1 Like

I bought a few little things in the excitement of finding out but waited till the second trimester to really start buying things.

I felt the same way when I was pregnant and my fiancé wanted to wait til after my baby shower. Which I was 36 weeks pregnant and we had nothing. But we ended up getting every thing we needed at the baby shower so Im glad I didn’t go crazy buying stuff. Our families together paid for everything. And even people I didn’t know. People go crazy over babies! Lol.

After we found out the gender. I did buy some smaller stuff like bottles, wipes, diapers and baby lotion, baby oil, shampoo stuff like that as aoon as we found out

Well of coarse it’s very exciting for you and you want to start buying things so why not ? Just start with little things when you go shopping :slightly_smiling_face:

Whenever makes you happy! Having a baby is exciting. If you want to buy things, do it. No need to go overboard, but enjoy the whole thing. Before you know it baby will be walking and talking.

I always say wait until after the baby shower (if you’re having one). We got very blessed with our first baby’s shower and got so much stuff (and a lot if the stuff we had already bought) I definitely say wait until at least the second trimester and after you find out the gender

Never too early! As I found deals, I bought stuff. I was 12 weeks when I bought my crib because I found an amazing deal. I’m 33 weeks now and have the nursery done because I bought things little by little

I did most of the bulk shopping around 20 weeks but I did buy small things like a super soft blanket if I feel in love with it while out shopping

I got small stuff like towels, faceclothes etc. Gender neutral clothing till after 20 weeks then starting buying for a boy. Just get bits at a time otherwise you will be buying all this stuff at once.

I would wait if I ever did it again (which won’t happen anyways) I miscarried closer to 14 weeks, I think it was a lot harder having “things” imo.

I bought 1 big thing (our stroller/car seat combo) after our first ultrasound to celebrate but other than that I waited a bit

I started stocking up on diapers and wipes while we were still trying to conceive!! (Baby#3) After I got pregnant I began to get things I needed. Why wait?!:grin::heart:

I would buy stuff here and there as my “must haves” went on sale. If avoidable, don’t pay full price!! The stores usually have a ‘baby event’ a couple times a year

I started early. But babies r us was having their going out of business sales around the time I found out I was pregnant so we bought the big items we knew we’d need (crib, car seat, stroller, etc.) Started buying clothes around 20 weeks or so when I found out what I was having.

I was buying baby stuff from about 10 weeks with my eldest. Baby Batman etc. Lucky i had a boy :joy: And buying girl stuff at 8 weeks with my second hahaha had no idea if I was having a girl, just felt in my soul i was. And I was right both times :blush:

I started the day I got approved for a tubal reversal. Then we did three rounds of clovid and three rounds of IVF. Needless to say, I had a full closet of clothes by the time our son was born. :blue_heart:

I waited until closer to my due date because I had a still birth with my first so I always considered it bad luck to buy to much stuff too early.

I started buying as soon as I found out a little bit here and there anytime I went to the store. Helps get all those little things before the baby’s there

Single mum and I had everything by 16 weeks. Bought one or two items each week (wipes, creams etc) in groceries for the entire pregnancy but the big items and clothes (90% second hand) all done early.

Mommies get over excited right away. I have 5. I’d wait until after you know your gender, and after the baby shower. Many people may cover what you need in gifts. You’ll need the $ later, trust. Save your $$ for now.

Im having my 3rd baby due in February! But I dong depend on others to but for my baby so I started buying things the day after I knew I was pregnant. I was maybe like 6 weeks.
And once I did the bloodtest and knew the gender at 10 weeks, I started buying more.

Ive also started stocking diapers and wipes. Especially when target has the buy 100 worth of diapers get a 20 or 35 dollar giftcard.

Congratulations! :heart:

12 weeks ish and it was only things like a wipe warmer, white burp cloths, bottles, etc. but we knew I’d have an early baby due to my low blood pressure problem, so everything was done earlier than a lot of people

I did after the baby shower. I really wanted to do so before but my mom and sister convinced me to do it after and I got 99% of what I needed. I bought a humidifier and mittens as that was all that I needed after everything we got.

I started grabbing things when I saw them on sale. The bigger items we waited till closer to the due date. I also wanted to see what we got from the showers.

Agree to disagree. Enjoy your pregnancy. Buy needed things when you want Might get some great sales. Spreading spending money out is easier than a big amount at once

I started after the first trimester. But only diapers and wipes. And once I found out what I was having I bought some outfits.

Big stuff towards the end of your pregnancy but clothes and small stuff like nappies that were on sale i bought earlier on

The day we found out with both. We went together and picked out gender neutral items , cribs , car seats and all.

Oh geez, I started in the beginning like shortly after I found out I was pregnant. But I’m an over preparer. I am not a person who likes being caught off guard. I had to have everything mostly.

I waited until around 6 months on the big stuff. Maybe 1 or 2 cute outfits I saw before.
Not to be morbid, but I wanted to make sure it was a viable pregnancy, and that I wasn’t surrounded by alot of baby stuff God forbid he not make it.

I guess it would depend if this is your first baby or not.
I started getting little stuff and then the bigger items as I got closer to the end.
Look fr barrens.
Like garage sales for items. It adds up quick and if your going to have a baby shower let your guest know what items are left

I recommend just buying gift cards as much as you can. You can buy only the clothes/diaper sizes you need and not get too much. You can definitely start buying toys and the carseat and stuff but in my experience you always get way too many clothes and a bunch of tiny diapers that you don’t ever use

We started around 12 weeks. We also started buying diapers in various sizes every time they went on sale at Sams. Our daughter is 13 months and we still have four cases left before we will need to buy diapers.

We started buying in the second trimester. Everything was assembled maybe around 7-8 months pregnant. Zero decorations were up.

Buy the big stuff (crib, dresser, stroller, car seat) whenever. Wait for everything else until after your baby shower. Most likely you will end up getting all the things you need and then some. Then you can determine after that what you still need.

Don’t buy ANYTHING until the baby is born. Lots of money wasted on stuff she doesn’t even like or use. Ugh it’s heart breaking. Just wait

I started with small stuff first. Bottles, diapers In different sizes, passifiers, spit up towels, onesies for lounging in at home, blankets etc… Then when I found out the gender I got the bigger stuff…

Mom said 7th month I lost one at 12weeks so it your call good luck

I am 18 weeks and I started the first day my test was positive. Stick to unisex though and stay away from nappies :blush:. It became my therapy and got me through my baby blues…
You will know what to buy and what not… Instinct… Believe me.
I am now 2nd trimester and sometimes I need to buy clothes just to keep me reminded I am really pregnant even though my bump is ever growing, but there is no symptoms now

This is my third and I’m 6 months and have not bought 1 thing. I feel like the last couple of times I way over did it so I’m gonna be good this time with the bare minimum cause those diapers won’t come cheap in the months after. I’ll be nursing so won’t need bottles or formula. The kids just grow so quick and you end up throwing out or donating everything which is the saddest part.

I found out I was pregnant at 6 weeks I waited until my first scan at 12 weeks to buy stuff… But didn’t buy much until I could find out the gender so

I started buying right off.I was excited and trusted God that everything was alright. A new Mother don’t want to wait

I bought a onesie when we first found out, but really started buying things when I found out the gender

Conratulations x

I started looking at around 15 weeks and ordered the first 4 babygrows at around 4.5 months. I have twins and was overwhelmed by the idea that I had to buy everything in double quantities. We then started looking at furniture for the nursery and ordered it when I was around 6 months pregnant.

Edit: Since I have twins, I was told to have my hospital bag ready by 20-25 weeks which means that I had to have a number of things ready by then. We found out we were having girls at 21 weeks.

They turned 3 yesterday hehe :slight_smile:

We waited until after the shower (32 weeks) but saved for them from the get go.
If you desperately want to buy things early on, buy diapers or gift cards to where you want to shop.

Go with how you feel the time is right but don’t buy to many nappies until you get some idea of Wight I did and my first baby was 8.10 did not stay in new born for long

I got a cradle from my mom. Didn’t get the the crib till she was born. Tons of clothes, bottles, etc from baby shower.

May be start buying or looking for a crib and some larger things that not everyone get at a shower.and I would buy diapers one case every week or so to start stocking up .different sizes too.
Band m maybe look at how u want th o decorate the nursery theme .but don’t wait till last minute I think a shower should be your seventh or eighth month.

We started after we had.the.gender ultrasound! :grinning: Couldn’t wait anymore!

I started to buy things when I found out the gender at 19 weeks had a baby shower at 7 months so I knew what I needed to still get

Last minute. Not much you need as soon as the baby comes home. And you limit / restrict people from having options for shower gifts. Bassinet, few clothes pacifier… Nothing that is urgent at 12 weeks

After 3 months it is safe to purchase baby stuff since the first three months are the riskiest for miscarriages. I purchased everything by the 4th month.

Our son is a December baby. Our baby shower was in August. We started buying wipes and diapers in the beginning but after the baby shower we bought whatever else we needed.

Now! I stocked up on diapers and wipes the entire time and helped spread out the big stuff over time

From the time I knew I was pregnant every week I would buy diapers, wipes, and baby laundry soap. Then around 20 weeks I started to buy everything once I knew what I was having.

Now, although SOME stuff can wait till later …look for deals. Ask friends for handy me downs especially swings bumbo seats…

1 Like

Once everything is going well u should start to buy especially now with this virus but a little and put aside its not like u can go shopping

I suggest stocking up on size 1 and 2 diapers. my baby came out chunky and i had wayyy too many newborn diapers and none fit after a few weeks. 1 months later, he is wearing size 2 and is almost going into 3’s now at 3 months :joy::joy:

I bought a few things minutes after finding out and used them to sit under my positive pregnancy test to tell my daughters father

I picked stuff up from 10-12 wks just as I seen them… nothing big till closer the time for storage and tidy reason more so…

I bought clothes when I was like 5 weeks…but I say really start shopping after 20 weeks and finding out the sex of the baby if you plan to do that of course!!!

Don’t buy too many newborn size clothing. Buy like a weeks worth depending how often you’re going to do laundry. Make sure to buy 6 month clothing.
Always look at baby weight when buying cloths. The months listed on the cloths is there so you know by the time baby is that many months old, they have outgrown that clothing. Size 3M means it’s too small for a baby that is actually 3 months old. Just something to consider when stocking up on clothing. This also goes with diapers too. Always get size larger.

When I found out what I was having

1 Like

We started buying “officially” at the six month mark but kept an eye out for good deals and bought things when they were on sale before that

My mom low key started buying things as soon as I found out but we bought the big things like clothes and bedding around 12 weeks

Little by little so not to bust the budget. I always buy a pack of diapers when I have coupons almost every grocery trip.

Second trimester is a safe time to start buying stuff

I went shopping the day I got my positive ultrasound at the doc

WAIT AND SEE WHAT YOU get at your SHOWER!BUT SOME THINGS LIKE DIAPERS and onesies are GOOD to START GETTING, AND don’t FORGET THAT THE “BABY” will probably outgrow newborn CLOTHING IN THAT MONTH SO BUY BIGGER

Just get the things you will definitely need like car seat,baby bath, bed,breast pump,bottles ect ect its actually a good idea to leave buying clothes till ur like 2-3 months away from ur due date and dont only get one size either other wise youll end up with so much that ur baby wont even wear. And i didnt have a shower for either of my kids (think its dumb) and im so glad i didnt coz i would have ended up with so much crap that wouldn’t even gotten a chance to be used.

after i took my pregnancy test with my first. she took 3 years to co cieve 2nd i didntnhave to buy much since i had my first 14 months prior and 3rd i waited till i knew boy or girl

I want to try and get everything by the time im 8 months so I can chill! I’m 15 weeks and I’ve ordered the cot, furniture, bottles and some clothes already :blush: better to be prepared early I say, I left it until late with my first daughter and I was so stressed! Better to get bits done, tick them off then chill and get ready for your new arrival x

I got stuff off and on throughout my pregnancies. Clothes and stuff id wait till after your shower because youll likley get tons of that stuff!!!

I think when you find out the gender. It’s perfect timing

No perfect time, I tried waiting till after baby showers to buy what I still needed.

Hard to resist buying little thing as when you are first pregnant.

I think I was around 20 weeks, just wanted to make sure everything was going smoothly with bub

Gender neutral colors if you are in that big a rush to buy things

I waited until after the anatomy scan. I am 27 weeks now. This is my 2and pregnancy. This first one I had a miscarriage and I am happy I didnt buy stuff to early.

I bought small things but mostly waited until my baby shower

I could see buying gift cards now to put towards baby stuff

1 Like

It’s never too early to buy baby stuff. If you have a particular room you are going to use as a baby room, there’s furniture to buy … crib, bassinet, changing table/dresser, rocking chair, side table for lamp, etc. Then there’s the linens for the crib mattress (of which you will need at least 2 sets, if not more … babies pee/poop/throw up/spit up frequently).

You want to have a lot of receiving blankets, and cloth diapers. The baby will be born in winter months, so you’ll want some warm sleepers, socks, etc. It’s always nice to have mittens for new borns so they don’t scratch their faces, and that brings to mind all of the personal care items you will need. Onsies are a great thing to have lots of … but you don’t know how big the baby will be. Some newborns are big enough that they don’t fit into newborn clothing. Once you know the sex of the baby, you’ll be able to buy gender specific clothing. Usually you have a baby shower, and friends and relatives buy things for you, but they generally don’t buy the big ticket items you’ll need.

I’m excited for you, and I’m 60 with grandbabies! lol … good luck, sweetie!

12 weeks has hit the safety time against miscarriage. Get your shopping on love

I think anytime that you want lol it’s a very exciting time! My mom bought my daughter a little elephant baby blanket as soon as she found out.

It’s never too early start with things that you don’t need to know sex. Diapers, wipes, bottles, formula etc

I started buying the second I saw the the + test with all 3 of mine

Whenever you want to. But don’t overbuy if you plan to have a shower. With my first I got knick knacks here and there but waited until after my shower to really buy what I needed.

Wait till you find out the gender. Dont buy diapers too soon maybe about 3 months before youre due. The elastic gives out if it sits for too long.