When did you start purchasing baby things?

My partner bought the baby a coat the day after I told him I was pregnant, I was 5weeks :rofl: he bought the pram at 12weeksā€‹:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Start as soon as you know your pregnantā€¦ little at a time makes it so much easier on the bank and you have time to look and get what you ready want

But it when ever you feel like. I started buying stuff a week after I found out I was pregnant.

I had everything saved to my online list.
Didnā€™t start buying anything until I was 5 months pregnant.

Definitely start buying diapers while they are on sale

I waited till we knew the gender for most stuff

Save the money, leave the shopping in ur 8or 9th month where u need to walk much and this shopping excitement will make u active too which s gud in the last timeā€¦ So I buy everything wen m around 32-35 weeks preg

I did some mutual colors on sale items. Until I found out gender.

ASAP. Never too soon!! Buy every sizer diaper every time you go out!!

Compromise and wait till you know the gender, itā€™s easier that way if youā€™re doing gender specific themes anyway :woman_shrugging:

Once we had the gender untrasound. Unless it was just an outrageous deal on something neutral

I just had my 4th, I started buying diapers and wipes but waited on every thing else until we knew what we were having

I waited till around 26 weeks but everyone is different

I started as soon as I found out. I got gender neutral things at first and just things like blankets and a baby book and stuff I knew I would need. I waited till after I had my baby shower when I was 7 months pregnant to really start getting things like dippers and all the big things. As well as all the things I didnā€™t get from my shower. I honestly didnā€™t even need to buy any newborn diapers and what I didnā€™t use I was able to trade for the next size up

I started buying a ton of stuff at 20 weeks, after we found out gender.

I started as soon as I found out, bought gender neutral things and just diapers, wipes, etc until I found out the sex and then started buying more specific things.

I window shopped for a while checking out deals and stuff ,3 months before got e everything I wanted and needed

Once I found out the gender started buying stuff but you can get the crib and gender neutral stuff now

I bought my daughter her first; cowboy boots, biker boots, bomber jacket 6 months before she was born.

whenever you feel is the right time. I started nesting early with both kids and you never ignore your instinct.

Whenever you want if he wants to wait let him wait. You go buy what you want.

Like 2-3 months is when I slowly started and he had everything he needed by 6 months LOL

I made nightgowns and bought a little at a time.

When you know what youre having. Or buy the basics

Honestly wait, loads of changes can happen from now until then. I agree wait till 5 or 6 months to buy the bulk. Wait till at least 20 weeks if you dont wanna wait!

I always start after I reach the second trimester.

First was a week before due date and second was 5 days before :rofl::rofl:

I started buying baby clothes when me and my husband were trying for a baby

Diapers an wipes start now.
Then get your start on Baby clothes
Baby medicines gas drops, gripe water, bath supplies.
Bouncy seat, car seat,crib, pack n play if u want one.

Teething toys
Bibs
Binkis if you choose that, mine wouldnt ever take them.

As soon as we knew what we were having we started. We buy a bit each week.

I brought the stuff you need the most first then when I found out the sex I started buying pink stuff etc for girls :slight_smile:

I started getting diapers (different sizes) at 12 months but donā€™t forget you will have a babyshower
I got most of my stuff then

I would at least wait till your half way through.

4 weeks 3 days because we were trying for almost 3 years

Start with diapers, bathing items, feeding items, wipes, look for sales on cribs and mattresses.

1 Like

Iā€™m going to wait until my 20 week scanā€¦

Also buying diapers a size or two up isnā€™t abad idea either size 2, 3,4 go ahead itā€™ll help

20 weeks for my son and little later for my daughter

I just lost my babygirl at 16 weeks pregnant. I would wait until at least 20 weeks.

I started buying diapers as soon as I made it to the 2nd trimester

I personally started when I found out I was pregnant (which was 3months)

I never bought anything the 3 times i was pregnant til i was 5 months along.

Some stuff now like diapers wipes some stuff later like carseat blankets clothes. When u know boy or girl

always buy diapers and wipes early!!!

I was buying stuff as soon as I found out.

As soon as I found out the gender :relaxed: but I have also never had a baby shower :sob:

General diapers, bottles, bibs befor 6months and clothes after unless gender neutral and on sale

In my family itā€™s 6 months for superstition reasonsā€¦

You can get the big stuff you know you will need crib, pack n play, stroller carseat no clothes unless you know the gender

The day I found out that I was pregnant every time.

Start small. Diapers (at least up to size two) wipes, onesies, socks, bibs, bottlesā€¦ small stuff here and there

I started very slow at about four months

I bought it as I saw it on sale.

Socks are also very important!! And burp rags/ bibs! Also this bouncer saved my life!!

I started at 6 or 7 month, because of the risk of loosing tha baby

Iā€™m waiting until around 6 months so 2 more months.

People will buy you so so much from now and especially at your shower

I started when I was just over 5 months

I started when I was 6-7 months

When I found out the gender.

Wait till after you get the gifts everyone wants to give

I started around 5 or 6 months

If you see something on sale, get it, and stat buying diapers now, you will need alot

Once the second trimester begins and everything ok.

I started around the time I found out the gender. So 16ish weeks.

I didnā€™t until about 30 weeks

I waited till i found out the gender lol

As soon as we found out the gender at 20 wks.

After 12 weeks and then make sure I have everything by 35 weeks

Usually when your past 6mths

After 30 weeks due to multiple miscarries.

I started at about 14-16weeks after I found out what I was having

We bought diapers right away, till we found out the gender. We spaced everything out so we could pay cash for it all.

2 Likes

Even by my 7th child, we had everything we needed by 20 weeks. I worked full time and was not expecting a shower. I worked up until the day before I delivered at 42.5 weeks. Iā€™m glad I wasnā€™t running around shopping when I was uncomfortably huge.

I started as soon as I found out I was pregnant so at 13 weeks.

You canā€™t shop without him? Haha do your thing girl

I started buying things when I was wanting to get pregnantšŸ˜‚I had bad baby fever and ran across some deals I just couldnā€™t pass up. I ended up getting a lot of boy baby stuffšŸ˜‚but thankfully Iā€™m having a boy lol in my opinion, I donā€™t think it hurts to start buying stuff now. Iā€™m glad we did ahead of a time because weā€™re so much more prepared. Just make sure you donā€™t go too crazy because family/friends will want to buy yā€™all stuff as well. We did get a lot on our own but we still have things other people can buy us that we still need! I hope this helpsšŸ˜Š

2 Likes

Better for your mentality that you do it when YOU feel the need to do it!!! :heart:

1 Like

I started the day I found out I have was just so excited ! Little clothes story books anything !

I started as soon as i knew with my third baby tbhā€¦ better to be preparedšŸ’œ

1 Like

I started right away. Wipes diapers and such.

Start now so you donā€™t go broke buying everything at once

1 Like

Everyone is different. Do what is best for your family.

It helps you enjoy the process ā€¦ And itā€™s fun to get baby thingsā€¦

Started at 12weeks. Diapers,wipes and baby water every time I went to the store but I also knew I wasnā€™t going to get a baby shower bc of Covid :woman_shrugging:

Started when we started trying :woman_shrugging:t2:
Itā€™s expensive so this week a pack of diapers
Next week a pack of wipe
The following week blanketsā€¦
So he probably wonā€™t like my answer :joy:

Wait, just to be safe.

1 Like

Little things until we found out the gender

Wait till after baby shower if your having one then you can see what you still need or want!

Clothes after 20 weeks scan the rest slowly big stuff I. E travel system 35 weeks

WHEN EVER YOU FEEL LIKE IT!!!ITā€™S UP TO YOU TO BE READY, IF YOU FEEL GOOD AND HAVE NO problem THEN anytime is the RIGHT TIME

I started buying diapers and wipes after I hit 12 weeks

Once you know gender is a good time

I would start on diapers n wipes first.

whatever you want to doā€¦ just do itā€¦ there is no right or wrongā€¦

I purchase things the whole time

After the shower! Youā€™ll know what youā€™ll need:)

I done some at the start and the rest around my 3rd trimester

I started buying essentials as soon as I got the positive test. Lol

Buy when a deal happens