When did you start purchasing baby things?

I bought stuff before I was even married or pregnant :woman_shrugging:

3rd trimester go crazy shoppingā€‹:tada::tada::tada:

This is the last one we are getting the bare minimum

We didnā€™t do any until I was 6months

I waited till I knew what the gender was

Personally with my first, I didnā€™t start buying until I knee the gender and got to about 30-35 weeks. Somethings we didnā€™t even buy until he was born.
With my second i pretty much didnā€™t need to buy anything

I would make a registry. And wait till after shower.

I waited until I found out the gender

I pretty much waited til the last minute :joy::joy::joy:

Costco cases of diapers and wipes it will save you sooo much money. Neutral things like carseat covers, bouncy seat, swing, etc. Crib and neutral bedding even if youā€™re going with a theme later- you have the spare sheets while the others wash, safety first things such as touchless thermometer. The more you spread these things out the less of a big hit expense. Bottles you just never know which one the baby will take to, etc. Iā€™d wait on a breast pump, carseat, etc. Until after the shower.

I started like around 6 weeks :grimacing:

Waitā€¦ If youā€™re having a baby shower shop after that

I started buying diapers wipes bath soap and lotion right away. It was for my grandson and I couldnā€™t resist shopping but this was before we knew the gender. He had enough of those supplies for more than the first year of his life.

Start after your 1st trimester

after viability at 24 weeks :grin:

I waited until after my baby showers.

I bought items after my baby shower.

Wait until 6 months. Or at least 5th

Iā€™m 31 weeks and still havenā€™t bought anythingā€¦3rd child :woman_facepalming:

I would wait for gender

Do what makes you feel happy :hugs:

I started right as soon as I found out.

After your baby shower. You get most of what you need then

Itā€™s never to early.

Immediately. I used 9 months for layaway. Lol

After baby shower I did

Start anytime you feel like it !!!

Before conception! :joy::joy:

20 weeks once we knew the gender

As soon as we found out!

Buy big boxes of wipes for the nesting

20/25 weeks we started

Now while you have the money.

I did as soon as I couldā€¦

Immediately. I have 4. I dont believe in stupidstitions.

When we found out what we were having we started.

After baby shower 100%

About 6weeks after birth lol

1 Like

Iā€™d wait til you know gender

As soon as i found out :rofl::woman_shrugging:

Wait maybe one onsie or two and thatā€™s it for now

The week before I gave birth everytime

Whenever you feel like it

Iā€™m almost 20 weeks and havenā€™t gotten anything but bulk wipes.

But we were also given a stroller, carseat, insurance covers breast pump and pack and play, so the only big thing we need is a crib.

After I found out the gender

Donā€™t buy things with warranties too early like baby monitor, car seat or its wasted warranty. Dribs and drabs no need to go crazy. Remember you will have a baby shower and be given heaps.

As soon as I found out the gender.

When you know the sex

I bought NOTHING until AFTER my baby shower. We had 2 baby showers. 1 with family & 1 with friends. They were held 2 weeks apart between 5 & 6 months. Then, we bought what was needed after everything was done.

Rule of thumb is 5 months

I didnā€™t till after they were born. My pregnancies was hard and uncertain. Due to many miscarriages I wasnā€™t sure. My second was a premie and he slept in a drawer till we got stuff.

1 Like

You can find out gender by blood right now

Buy things that you will continue to use as the baby grows. I bought a pack of diapers and a pack of wipes every single week. I didnā€™t have to buy diapers til my son was 4 months old. Also things like shampoo and soap, and bigger size clothes. It will help you down the line so you donā€™t have to spend so much money at once! I would wait to get certain things until after your shower.

I think it depends on your incomes etc. I didnā€™t want a last minute rush to buy things, so at 12 weeks I put a lay-by on for a carseat and cot mattress. Bought little things here and there. Once I knew the gender and paid off the first layby, I put another one on for clothes, wipes, nappies, and other bits and pieces. I got given a bassinet, change table, pram and blankets and bub got absolutely spoilt at my baby shower. Even if you donā€™t actually start buying things now, at least do research and go around to shops and look at the big items. Compare features, pros and cons, price etc. Put the money aside as if you were actually buying it. And then when your husband is ready, youā€™ll know exactly what you want and donā€™t want.

After the 20 week scan to make sure baby is in perfect health. Learnt my lesson with my last baby, everything was perfect until that 20 week scan when baby wasnā€™t so healthy and had to terminateā€¦ there is never a safe zoneā€¦ currently pregnant with 3rd babyā€¦ wont buy until atleast 25 weeks with this oneā€¦ instead I saved money from about 12 weeks though just so I can go on that spending spree when I get results of the 20 week scan

I bought things right away with my first child. And was completely set up and ready to go by time I was 6 months but Iā€™m currently pregnant myself. 13 weeks today and having a high risk pregnancy already. Im scared to buy stuff right now And figured we would wait until the gender is known, by then the chance of miscarriage will drop drastically.

We purchased most of the big stuff from friends or friends of friends. Between 12 and 20 weeks. Saved boat loda of cash that way.

On the way home from the hospital. 5 weeks early. I experienced my sibling stillbirth when I was 13. Very traumatizing. Just couldnā€™t prepare.

Soon as I found out what I having I started buying things .
Itā€™s up to you, enjoy your pregnancy from beginning to end. If buying things early bring enjoyment then I say do it lol

Buy nongendered stuff now like diapers, crib, and wipes, or stuff for you like a diaper bag, and buy other stuff when you know the gender.

I waited until I knew the sex the first 2 times then I lost the second baby at 7 months and was left with all her stuff to stare at so the next 2 I waited until viability age before buying big stuff.

I donā€™t think there is a right time. I got stuff when still ttc. Bought a lot when I was pregnant but it ended in a Mc at 5 weeks. So I waited with my next pregnancy till I was past 5 weeks and he was a stillbirth at 28 weeks.
I gave up waiting for a right time. I figure if I never get to us the stuff I buy Iā€™ll just pass it on to someone in need.

Itā€™s about what you can handle. Yes itā€™s budget. But itā€™s also about worry. Iā€™d just obtained several boxes of hand me down clothes that were all over the living room when we ran to the hospital and learned a baby was stillborn at 24 weeks. I came home from that loss to a room of baby stuff. When I got pregnant again, I refused to allow any baby stuff in the house until baby came home. So then I ended up waiting at the hospital forever to be discharged because Hubby was convinced he had to have everything set up before he came to get us that morning. :woman_facepalming:

I was 4 weeks lol we started buying something every week with the shopping.

When I found out my babys sex. I bought a bunch of girl stuff, turned out I had a boy. 23 weeks i was having a girl, 38 weeks i was having a baby boy. I was lucky to have a bunch of people who had boys. I gave my girl stuff to my friend who had a girl. True story. I recommend gender neutral clothing.

Get a head start. Buy diapers in various sizes, onesie t-shirts, long and short sleeved. Get the basics in various sizes and then fill in from there

Iā€™m a bargain hunter. Buy whenever you see something you need on sale.

Iā€™d wait I was told my baby be atleast ten pounds

He was born 5lb 12 an needed prem size. :see_no_evil::see_no_evil::purple_heart: I had ask one nurse go shopping for me that day thatā€™s all wanted was my baby have clothes fitted him not swamped . But did go shopping the day I had him also. As we loud leave late at night to go home that asdas run I still remeber it now.

I waited till my five months sexing scan. Honest. It made the day so much more special .x save save save them go splash out. Bye bits weekly clothes etc. Import any question who controls the money.

Yunneed get yourself on Amazon girl .šŸ¤¦šŸ¤¦šŸ¤£

When we started trying.

When you know the sex if the baby if you wanna know

Get diapers and as many daiperdls of all sizes now

Special diapers and wipes

Furnitureā€¦stroller, car seat, diapers, wipesā€¦ Can start right nowā€¦

Right away after u find out gender

Best wishes and good luck

If ur insurance pays for that .

I started right away

I started immediately.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Fisher-Price-Infant-to-Toddler-Rocker-Geo-Diamonds/49057305

Girl start buying if you wonna

Now. The sooner the better.

My husband and I are having the same debate. I want to wait until we know the gender of the baby and my husband wants to get stuff NOW. Iā€™m 14 weeks along. Because Iā€™m not interested in getting things now heā€™s thinking that means Iā€™m not interested in our baby :sob::rage::broken_heart:
So for now we got a carseat and stroller set that is black and grey, neutral enough. I figured we could at least get that, the bathing soaps and items, bottles, the swing and bassinet to have most of the big items done and over with then once we know what weā€™re having we can start on clothes and whatnot.

1 Like

around 20 weeks and after you find out the gender. My daughter just had a baby in July and because of Covid didnā€™t have a shower until she was 34 weeks. Her baby was born at 37 but was on bed rest for a week before that. She only got her rocking chair in a few days before the baby was born. You want to be all ready by 34 weeks.

I personally preferred to wait till after 25 weeks. I just wanted to make sure I was out of the early risk chance first before I got my hopes up.

5 Likes

I start buying things at 20 weeks after finding out the gender. Iā€™ve saved things from my most recent baby though in the event of another girl. If itā€™s a boy then I will bless someone else with it so that they can be prepared. I did the same with my son.

I started buying things on clearance around 14 weeks. More gender specific items I waited until about 21 weeks. Babies are expensive so clearance diapers or bottles I bought b4 gender anytime I had a little extra cash I looked for deals. Iā€™m now 36 weeks and we got most everything we needed between my shopping and the baby shower. Only had to buy my bassinet and breast pumping supplies

3 Likes

Im 12 weeks today and Iā€™ve already bought about 10 outfits. I just buy when I see something I like. We also found out the gender at 8 weeks if we wouldnā€™t of found out so early i wouldā€™ve started buying once we found out.

I waited until I was 8 months to be sure - but I was ā€œhigh riskā€ since I was 39 when my son was born

I panic bought because by the time I found out I was 25 weeks then only had 10 weeks before my little girl decided she wanted to make an appearanceā€‹:joy::rofl::heart_eyes::star_struck:

I started the day I found out Iā€™m 27 weeks tomorrow and Iā€™ve got everything only reason I started that early was because I lost a baby quite late into my last pregnancy at 37 weeks Iā€™m high risk so everything had to be done quick

I brought my 1st few bits straight after my 1st scan (12 weeks) then brought loads after my gender scan (16 weeks) but didnt buy cot, pram and the other big expenses until 30 weeks. X

I would say it depends on your economic status if things are going to be tight for a while Iā€™d start with diapers or formula or things that you go through if you start buying clothes you never know what size your baby will be

I didnā€™t start purchasing items till maybe 7 months itā€™s up to you when to start. I didnā€™t know what I was having so I just got items that would fit a boy and girl

Just Go for it! Enjoy looking & finding what you Really Like. It wonā€™t hurt if you get some things for girls or boys. You can gift them to someone else. Enjoy the Experience & donā€™t worry about it. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I would wait for a bit. Until your at least 20 weeks. I miscarried at 14 weeks and I was lucky I just bought one thing :weary:

1 Like

Once I knew what I was having. I had 7 miscarriages before carrying my first child. I didnā€™t want to jinx myself

1 Like

I only started at 12 weeks because we knew my babyā€™s gender. This time I wonā€™t find out until 20 weeks and will start then.

1 Like

I started at 4 months cuz I am high risk and wanted to make sure that I carried full term luckily I carried all my girls to term

1 Like

We waited till a little after 6 months just to make sure there were no complications

1 Like