When to stop co sleeping?

Wtaf like are you serious? And what is wrong with this? Maybe the daughter feels more comfortable being with her dad as to her he is her PROTECTION if his daughter not acting weird about then you shouldn’t be. I would say get rid of you as your the strange one sorry not sorry :woman_shrugging::see_no_evil:.

4 Likes

Would it be different if he was a she or the daughter was a male?

2 Likes

It’s his daughter what’s your problem.

6 Likes

I have 4 kids 11,9,7&2 and they all get in my bed I usually get out because there’s no room for me :joy:

2 Likes

I’m guessing you don’t have any kids of your own . His little girl will come before you . Why do you think it’s weird? I think you have a serious issue

12 Likes

My daughter is 4 and sneaks in our bed every night. We co slept but now she’s too big and I make her sleep on her dads side :rofl: she also showers by herself. But if like after the pool or something and her and her dad took a shower it honestly wouldn’t bother me because I know my husband and baby daddy.

2 Likes

Also we’ll done to all the people commenting saying this is normal if the child is young! And not teenagers

1 Like

Can we ask how old the child is?! Somebody message her back and ask . So we know what’s going on! She obviously sees this. Why can’t she let us know! Message them back so they can comment the age please ! :joy::roll_eyes:

6 Likes

People want to sexualize everything nowadays. He’s a father. He’s doing exactly what a loving parent would which is take care and comfort his child.

15 Likes

My ex only saw his daughter 4 days a month and she was 8 and would still sleep in his bed. They would fall asleep watching movies. It was a way for him to feel close to her and keep her small. You are over sexualizing something that is innocent.
Our daughter is 6 our boys 10 and 9 and when they go to his house it’s often they all sleep in his bed after watching movies.
My daughter still comes and gets in bed wit my husband and I when she has nightmares.
Let him be a daddy. Our babies don’t stay babies forever.
The shower thing though… we stopped supervising our boys around age 6.
My daughter we only assist with conditioning her hair.

4 Likes

Not your kid- not your concern :woman_shrugging:t2:

5 Likes

I don’t know your situation so if you suspect anything report it.

That being said there is nothing wrong with him & his daughter sleeping in the same bed. I say around 4-5yrs old the children should sleep in their own rooms or bed. Nothing wrong with the occasional co-sleeping though. I do think it’s very important for the adults to have some privacy.

My dad was always very respectfully of us and he had 6 girls. He bathed us up until we became shy around the age I suggested above.

2 Likes

Idk, tbh. My oldest is 8 and I snuggle with him still. I’ve had to help him in the shower before recently as well. But, that’s my baby boy…idgaf if he is 35…if he wants to cuddle, I’m down. :black_heart:

6 Likes

My girls are 6mos 6 and 7 and they still climb in bed for naps with my husband or sneak in in the morning for cuddles.

2 Likes

My granddaughter sleeps with me, she’s 10 and gets scared in her own room. I help her with showers too because shampooing and conditioning is difficult for her, I’ll be glad when she can do everything on her own, including sleeping in her own bed. Since were both females, I don’t see anything wrong with it, I also did the same with her older sister.

Um why does it bother you? If more of us had close could have close relationships with their dads that would be great. My kiddos still sleep me with they are 3 and 5.

6 Likes

Depends on the age of the child

1 Like

That’s his daughter and there’s nothing wrong with co-sleeping when he has her is she is uncomfortable. He shouldn’t have to stop what he’s doing as far as showing his daughter love because you don’t like it. My ten year old still needs help in the shower. They don’t wash and rinse like they’re supposed to because they are kids. This is how they are taught. Not sure why you’re bothered by him being a father to his daughter.

4 Likes

What age is the daughter? Also, that is her Dad. There were times even when I was older and my Mom was working if i was sick, guess who helped me wash my hair if i needed it? My Dad. He’s my Dad. Just as when they are old and unable it’ll be us kids taking care of them. My step-daughter is 7 and she still has times that she comes into bed with us. Same for my 10 year old son. Sometimes, they just need the extra security blanket. Now, it sounds like you’re saying this is every night, which I feel yes at some point, you have to try and start getting them use to their own space, but that again brings up the whole, how old is she?

The emotional needs of the child > you being uncomfortable.

13 Likes

Last time I slept with my dad was at 12. He was a VERY single dad lol so never had to worry about women sleeping over. My mom cut me off at like 6 because she remarried.

1 Like

Imo I’d say about 8 but depends on the child and whether he’s a single dad? My girl was about 8 when i told her dad i didnt feel comfortable her sleeping with him and him being a single man. Thats just how i feel. He said he had already stopped even helping her in the shower also. My girl is young but looks a bit older

I was extremely close to my dad when I was little slept with him till maybe 10-11 and then I was comfortable in my own room. And I also slept with my mom till maybe 15 or so. Kids still need that comfort and she seems to not want to let that go yet, I don’t know why you are bothered or if you are just jealous but I’d be careful before you push yourself away

1 Like

If you see signs that something is going on you should call the police. If your upset because the child is receiving more attention than you, grow up.

15 Likes

I share a bed with my kids often. Just last night my 12 year old daughter crawled in bed with me. The night before my 9 year old son. I think it’s super normal. I’ve fallen asleep on the couch with my older kids too. Don’t like It? Bye.

5 Likes

Personally we dont co sleep so never. It still being appropriate for other people I guess 10 or 11. Help with showers would 5yrs but with adult supervision.

My kids slept with me until they were 12 & 13 & sometimes my 20 yr old daughter still climbs in bed with me. I don’t know the whole story but sounds like jealousy to me and he needs to let you go because what else are you gonna be jealous over through the years ? That’s his baby if she wants to sleep with her Daddy she should be able to.

3 Likes

His baby is 2 guys :broken_heart: this lady needs to leave and get someone without kids bc thats heartbreaking that she’s even worried about it. Seems like jealousy and they both deserve better than her.

12 Likes

How about just get over yourself . He’s being a father to his Daughter and that bothers you? What does that say about u?

5 Likes

Its normal n innocent they are kids and if they feel comfortable then leave them … My 5 n 8 yr old. Still crawl up in bed w us n fall asleep w us

How old is she? Sounds like a sweet dad who loves his little girl! But it depends on age.

1 Like

Her age would be a good piece of information to have.

My ex/baby daddy sleep with our daughters at night since he loves them and they don’t want to sleep alone.Same thing happened to my mom(their grandma) and they have a good bond.As long as he’s not doing anything sexual to his kid,it’s fine.

Sounds like your jealous of his daughter… If there were a question of him being a pedophile I hope you would have called police.

5 Likes

My kids will ask to sleep in my room once in a blue moon. My son is almost 11 but it’s more so my daughter who is 9. I’m a single mom and LOVE my sleep, and spreading out so they know not to ask me to sleep in my bed. They will however, pull their mattresses in and sleep on the floor like that.
As for the bathing… My daughters paternal grandmother still bathes her and it drives me nuts. 9 is too old to be getting washed by grandma. She does it at home by herself, I dont get why she can’t there as well.

1 Like

Well. I’ll tell you this. That’s her dad, and, by all accounts it “should” be okay.

However. As someone who was molested at a small age… every man becomes “suspect” for the simple fact - you never know.

If nothing seems forward/inappropriate, hopefully it’s just a loving secure relationship with her dad (as it should be). But. I understand your apprehension about it.

5 Likes

Mine is 6 and she still sleeps with me and I help her at bathtime.

I don’t think its strange. My kids all Co slept with us at some point. They are my kids. My five year sleep with us a lot and three year old too. My 13 year old will watch TV with me in bed, and fall asleep, I don’t always wake him to move. I don’t see a big deal. Now I understand can put a dapper on sex. Less opportunity. But unless you are seeing other signs why worry about it?

1 Like

Jealous ?? Haha grow up.

8 Likes

She’s 2 and you have a problem with it? Girl bye!! :woman_facepalming: Sounds like you’re jealous and that’s a bad way to start a relationship. Just leave. That little girl and he deserves better.

13 Likes

My son just turned 5 years old, he still sleeps in bed with me from time to time. Along with his 6 month old sister :woman_shrugging: They are only little once! My son also showered with me up until this year, we stopped because he started being curious and asking questions. I still help him with bath time and in the shower but he doesnt shower with me anymore.
I’m sorry but in my opinion 2 years old, is to young to be leaving them alone in the shower or bath!!!
Might be best for everyone involved to make a clean break, this sounds like a major case of jealousy!

1 Like

My 15& 18 year old still lay in my bed With/ me &When home w/their dad sometimes they go lay w/ him the Snuggle is real …

1 Like

Depends how old the kid you’re talking about is. I mean, if she’s 16 then there’s a problem. If she’s 3 then it sounds like a “you” problem.

My kids have only needed assistance with their hair past about 3 years old. My 10 year old is completely independent. My 9 year old needs hair help from time to time, but nothing else. Same with my 7 year old, but they’re girls and girls tend to have longer hair. I haven’t had to help my boys in I don’t even know how long. I would say since they entered kindergarten, except my son with special needs. He’s 12 and will likely need assistance with everything from bathing to toileting to teeth brushing for life.

Has he ever given you a reason for it to bother you, if not you need to get a fricken grip on your childish self. If he has never given you any reasons to be bothered then maybe your very immature, jealous and maybe need to grow up a bit before you decide to be with someone that has kids.

3 Likes

Idk my kids are 6,3,&18 mos my husband will still shower with the kiddos and the older 2 crawl into bed with us. We have a 13yo in our home as well and he still will walk in on me changing :person_tipping_hand: We dont make a bid deal about nakedness and cuddles are always welcome!

2 Likes

They still need help with showers for quite awhile after age 2.

3 Likes

But it’s ok if moms cosleeep??

4 Likes

Showers are different

2yo is far too young to even be left alone at bathing time!

2 Likes

I still jumped in bed with my dad at 18… lol he’s my dad. I will forever feel safe with him.

5 Likes

You sound jealous. Unless she’s a teenager still in bed with Dad, there is nothing wrong with it.

4 Likes

Unless you have reason to believe there’s actual sexual abuse occurring it’s really none of your business.

4 Likes

I mean that’s his kid

Get over yourself! The child is 2 she’s a baby! Being bugged by a baby laying with her dad just sounds like you’re jealous :woman_shrugging:t4: and yes she still needs supervision in the tub because she is a BABY.

9 Likes

My husband bathes and sleeps next to our 3 year old daughter. There is nothing wrong with a daddy loving his baby and helping in her care. Ppl over sexualize everything.

2 Likes

If the child is TWO and there isn’t weirdness going on and he’s just being a DAD, then it is what it is… My 18mo and FIVE year old still sleep with us/ get bathed by us!
My five year old fusses for his daddy to lay him down for bed…
Shit I would sleep near my dad well until I was like 12! Because he was my comfort and I knew I was safe around him… it’s a child parent bond :woman_shrugging:

This sounds more like your gut is telling you something? Or maybe I watch to much svu and I’m paranoid

My son still sleeps with me sometimes. He’s 8
If it bothers you… That’s your problem, not his.

4 Likes

My daughter came into my bed up until she was 8 years old! She is now almost 18 and STILL would if she could. Lol. Sounds like maybe a man with child is not something for you.

3 Likes

It’ll never work if this is how you feel about his child when shes TWO.

4 Likes

My kids still crawl in the bed with us and usually its okay unless we’re hoping for some alone time that they can’t be in the room. Its not weird, unless she’s like a teenager, so putting an age would help you in getting accurate advice. But if she’s a little girl and she sleeps next to her daddy either for comfort or simply because kids love their parents and feel safe sleeping near them (go figure, who would have ever thought that right) then I don’t see what the problem is. If its because your jealous and want to be able to sleep next to him or be able to do grown up things, maybe suggest to him once she’s asleep to move her to her own bed so you can “wink wink”. I’m sure he’ll gladly shift her to another bedroom once she’s out and then you have your moment. But don’t get greedy and needy about it, let them have their sleep time, especially if she’s not there often, its a moment she may need because she doesn’t have her daddy as often as her mommy.

Wtf? Why does it matter? I’m 23 yo and no longer have my mom and when I feel shitty or something I drive to my dads house and get in his bed.

School age is too old to sleep in bed. Under 4 is Acceptable for most people but I was bothered by my ex letting my daughter sleep in his bed after she turned 4. They need independence really hammered home so when school starts they arent feeling seperation anxiety, in my opinion. But 2 year olds are just getting into seperation anxiety and family beds are an easy way to emotionally support them during that phase. Dont sweat it. Its normal at that age.

There is no cutoff age for sleeping together as long as there’s nothing sick going on. And the help with the shower is ok if she needs it. Get over it or move on.

Yall be acting like a dad isnt a parent… Every male isnt a molester… Ever women isnt a good mother

7 Likes

So… I’m still with my children’s father. We’ve been together for 4 years.
We BOTH sleep next to our two year old because she’s still a baby…

Sounds like someone is sexualizing babies :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

my 6yr old son and i cosleep so…

Two??? Seriously, she’s still a baby. My almost nine year old boy still crawls in my bed from time to time. My five year old basically lives in my bed still. She still needs that time with her dad.

1 Like

Depends for EVERY child.

My 1st son I co slept with until he was 2 &1/2 and it was hard breaking it. But we did the cry it out method.

Showers, shew. Hes 7 and occasionally I have to help.

They’re only little for a little while

I always snuggled with my dad until my parents split. So like 9 years old? Even did when i got sunburn poison at 13 when i spent the summer with him after the split.

And my half sister who is 14 now, she’ll lay up in the bed with my dad watching her ipad and chilling on the weekends, nothing sexual about it.

1 Like

Unfortunately that’s up to HIM when He thinks His daughter is too old.

6 Likes

Go sleep on the couch and let dad be a dad…

11 Likes

I still took naps with my dad at 6 but my parents had just divorced and i was having separation issues so :woman_shrugging:

He is a great dad to show his daughter a loving father and assisting her with a bath is necessary at 2 .I dont think any father should shower with children at all.or mother for that matter past 2.

1 Like

Our opinion and your opinion doesn’t matter. That’s his flesh and blood. Sounds like he needs a new girlfriend. :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

My kids still sleep with me when they want to and they are grown!

1 Like

Your child should not sleep in your bed at any age. Because the longer you let them sleep with you they will never sleep in there own bed, they will sneak in when your sleeping.

3 Likes

It’s a child tho . She’s not 23

It’s his daughter. I slept with my dad until I was 10ish maybe older. I was afraid if thunder and always slept with him when it stormed. Why do you care??

4 Likes

Do u not trust the dad? Thats a question you should be asking yourself

4 Likes

My Don and daughter still sleep with us they are 8 and 6 my 10yr old wants nothing to do with snuggling mom or dad I think they grow outta it

You are obviously not made to be in this relationship! I was helping my daughters with showers at the age of 8 years old still… so… kids will forever be learning… and they still have a hard time washing out all the conditioner out of their hair . So they are always needing help!my daughter is 11 and still sleeps with me time to time. So I guess until you have your own kids you wont understand! And you’ll probably end up doing the same things if not worse than hes doing!! Smh!

4 Likes

My son is 7 & still sleeps with me! He has since the day he came home from the hospital. He it’s always just been me & him so it’s our life!! I still help with his showers because he has lots of thick, curly hair–

2 is still very Young my goodness. Nothing wrong with what her dad is doing.

2 Likes

I suggled with my dad until he passed away. I was 17.

1 Like

What is that you are getting at with this? I have 4 kids and they all snuggle with dad my oldest is 11. I do their baths if needed. Maybe if your uncomfortable with it you should bathe her. Otherwise let dad raise his daughter with love

3 Likes

I still layed in my dads bed while he napped and we wat hed TV when we were teenagers I dont think anything is wrong with it my daughter 5 and 2 year old son ( 2 year old always) 5 year old occasionally sleep in same bed as us

Everyone of our kids slept in our bed until at least age 4 some much older. We have a large family and co-sleeping is just the norm.

4 Likes

How old is the daughter? Was there some kind of trauma to where he started letting her sleep in his bed? Why are YOU choosing social media to sexualize a father and daughter relationship? I have tons of questions before I answer or shame a man for being a dad.

18 Likes

This invasive question is what puts many people in prison for sex crime accusations. Be careful what u are insinuating with that question. Many people sleep, shower and hang out in their undies in the house with their children. This does not mean anything other than they care for their children. If u have a trust issue, u have a different upbringing or are misunderstanding the situation…u need to speak to ur partner and express ur concern about what makes YOU uncomfortable.

6 Likes

I’m 28 and still snuggle and cuddle with my dad when I see him. We will occasionally nap together. I don’t see an issue with it as long as nothing inappropriate is going on.

6 Likes

Unless you don’t trust her father I don’t see the problem. I would never think twice if my husband slept in bed with one of our daughters. There’s nothing wrong with it in my opinion. But showers I definitely feel like taking one WITH her needs to stop while they’re basically still babies, but helping them I honestly don’t know. I guess if I had to pick an age I would say somewhere around like 10? All I know is definitely before puberty lol.

3 Likes

Bro I’m 25 and will lay next to my dad or sit in his lap. I do the same with my mom. We just have a lot of love

4 Likes

Stop sexualizing a child’s relationship with their father. gross.

16 Likes

My daughter is 3 1/2 and sleeps with me. And sleeps with hr dad when shes by him. She has her own bed at both places. She can sleep with us for as long as she wants. :woman_shrugging:t3:
Get over it. Sound jealous over a child. :roll_eyes:
My daughter also showers with me. And i think her grandma sometimes if they are in a rush to go somewhere.
If you cant deal with someone being a parent dont be with them. There is nothing sexual about either of these ‘issues’ you have.

5 Likes

My sister slept with our dad in his bed until she was 12 she was sleeping in his bed every night because she had nightmares after my parents divorced and I had a talk with her letting her know that it was getting a little inappropriate to be in there every night so I encouraged her to sleep with my younger sister or myself if she needed company. But she’s in college now and my youngest sister is 16 sometimes when she comes home from college they both have sleepovers in my dad’s room still I’m the black sheep of the family so I don’t really participate but I love that they can do that with him

3 Likes

He should leave ur Ass. How dare you make rules for other people’s kids. A bit jealous are we

Sounds like hes being a amazing Daddy!

4 Likes

Wtaf there’s nothing wrong with that! I think it’s quite nice js

2 Likes