Why doesn't my husband want me to cook for him?

Maybe he doesn’t like your cooking.

1 Like

He probably is trying to be considerate and wanting to ease the burden of you always being the one who prepares meals. If it’s something you actually enjoy doing, tell him how you feel. Ask him if it’s something else and let him know he can speak freely with no fear of repercussions. I think open, honest, clear communication will solve this.

3 Likes

To much food. If I have a good lunch, I’m probably not gonna want supper.

He would never need to tell me twice. What a :man: has the nerve to be disrespectful and unappreciative of, he loses.

2 Likes

Only way to find out is ask him?

Maybe he wants you to spend less time in the kitchen and more time with him :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Back off i just try givng him what he wants.you know every day doesn’t half to be a Cinderella meal

I’m sorry. That’s rough. Me, I’d give him a hotdog and bun with a cheese stick tomorrow. Celery sticks to round it out. Some microwave banquet meals for dinner. Ask and ye shall receive. Maybe itd tip it so he tells you what’s really eating at him. Or it’d just make whatever it is, a whole lot worse. But I’d still do it This is probably why I’ve never married. And also a good indicator I never will.

3 Likes

I freaking wish my husband would say this to me I’m tired of cooking lol

5 Likes

Be great full & not cook for him for awhile. Let him fin for himself & he will find out real quick what he’s missing. I do have to say though that my ex did this to me ( btw I’m an awesome cook) & if it wasn’t what he wanted he wouldn’t eat it & would throw it in the trash (I asked every day what he would like to eat) come to find out he was seeing someone else & he would eat with her before he comes home

Maybe its your husband’s way of trying to say to relax. He doesn’t need it every day or every night. Take a break and be with him.

9 Likes

Maybe he’s concerned about his weight if he’s a bigger guy?

1 Like

Red flag… Run… Jk…,
Um, maybe see if something is bugging him. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

My husband likes my cooking, but sometimes he just really wants something quick like Ramen. But I also don’t want to cook a whole meal every night so it’s a win.

Asking him would be th4 best way to handle it. It could be a number of things. He doesn’t want you always having to slave in a kitchen and maybe wants to spend more time with you. Likes to buy lunches sometimes with coworkers or even just himself. Due to the awareness of women these days he could be feeling guilty that you have been doing that all the time. Maybe he wants to be able to just do it for himself and not always have someone else serve him or decide what he eats lol. I’m sure it’s not something to get worried about. He may even be trying to watch his weight. Plus if he works outside in the heat that alone makes you not wanna eat, I hardly did when I worked outside

1 Like

Maybe he has a new cook. That happened to a friend😐

4 Likes

I wouldn’t make him anything lol. If there’s no kids to cook for. Just worry about yourself lol

Idk why but ib wish my husband would say that to me. I’m tired of cooking dinners…

4 Likes

Can we swap husbands :tipping_hand_woman:t2: thanks :joy:

9 Likes

Maybe his way of pushing u away because he found someone else and already had dinner and ur wasting money buying to make such big meals…who knows…my mind always goes to extreme…but yeah like everyone else said ask him why and if u still feel something isn’t right dig deeper… there’s always a reason for everything.

5 Likes

Either you aren’t as good of a cook as he made you feel before and he can’t do it anymore or he loves you for you and doesn’t want all the extra. He just wants you and to spend time with him. maybe he feels you are working too hard for him and he is trying to lighten the load. Only way to know for sure is to ask him

1 Like

Seasonings go a long way

5 Likes

Maybe he is a picky eater!! I am! My husband cooks delicious meals but knows I’m picky about my food. Knows I’m not gonna eat it until years later and I’m comfortable with it. I cook delicious meals for him and I may not eat because I am me!! Will say this has been since the very beginning, 33 years now.

Possibly the money of it all.

1 Like

Just having a bad day?

Have a talk with him and then maybe you will get your answer

2 Likes

It’s so easy to get caught up wondering but no one else knows him and even then no one but him can give you the real answer.

Lord please talk to him cause all these answers will have your poor head spinning :heart:

3 Likes

He might feel like he’s stressing you out by constantly letting you make him lunches and dinners that are, to him, extravagant. It doesn’t always mean he’s cheating. My partner likes when I cook but he knows it can be super stressful because he works 3rds and I cna never figure out a schedule.

1 Like

Some things you just don’t question and this is one of them…

6 Likes

You seem to basing a large part of your self worth on being able to cook well for him. He seems to be trying to tell you you can relax in that area and maybe even that you are worth much more than how well you feed him. You should have a conversation with him about that after you think honestly about how you are basing your self worth on cooking.

5 Likes

Maybe he feels like he’s gaining weight?

1 Like

Ummmm mayb u can’t cook…:roll_eyes:jokes

My other half has lunch with work mates when he comes home he don’t want a meal as he’s still full up from lunch…sometimes he will say he’s hungry…I cook more for my kids theses days.

1 Like

You probably need a husband like me. :woozy_face:

8 Likes

If he is unappriciative then stop. Let him fend for himself & wait 4 him 2 talk to u about what he wants.

1 Like

Can someone tell me why he suddenly feels like this?

Yes, HE can, if you press him for a serious response.

5 Likes

Aunty no be rest be that.

Cook him a hot dog in the microwave and Mac n cheese for dinner tonight! Tell him here’s your 1 star dinner. :joy::woman_shrugging:

9 Likes

Ask him, do u honestly like my cooking or na? I thought I was ok at cooking, look im pretty good at some things more than others haha but one night partner was drunk and told me I wasn’t great at cooking… haha… so then I told him, that’s totally fine by me tbh, (I hate thinking of dinner options every day) u can come home after your work day and u cook for the family… ill sit back… :rofl::rofl:
He likes to think he’s a Jamie Oliver at cooking, but his best work is roast dinners…
Also, he has 2 hands, he can make his own lunch.

4 Likes

Stop making his lunches and dinner

1 Like

I don’t see why y’all are making this negative about him. Yea, maybe she can’t cook, but maybe he just wants to spend more time with her instead of seeing her spend hours in the kitchen everyday to make (as she says in the post) 5 star meals every night and then his lunch on top of that. Maybe he just wants to still feel independence in his eating by eating whatever he wants for lunch. These don’t make him “unappreciative”.

2 Likes

It’s probably not even that serious and he just doesn’t want you to feel obligated to do so much or just wants different options for lunch. Just ask him the only one you’re going to get the answer from is him.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. https://answers.mamasuncut.com/t/why-doesnt-my-husband-want-me-to-cook-for-him/13018

It really just depends on his tone. Does he sound upset or angry at you? If so it sounds like he’s just being a dick. If he sounds genuine and thoughtful then it could just be because he cares about you and doesn’t want you to work so hard

1 Like

Sound like he feels guilty about something??

12 Likes

I would take this as my husband doesn’t want me to spend all my time only cooking for him…

2 Likes

Funny, my hubby always tells me not to go all out and that he likes Mac and cheese and burgers or tutor tots and nuggets. I think he’s saying that because he knows how busy I am with the kids and is grateful to just have something. Im always saying what still needs to be done in the house before bed and he’s always telling me to sit and relax. Its no big deal, the house is fine… or something of the sort. Heay not be trying to hurt your feelings. Oh and mine is also okay with sometimes just eating cereal. :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

The only person who can tell you why is your husband. He should feel lucky, though. I’m a horrible cook so my husband does most of it.

4 Likes

Speak to him. My husband loves my cooking too and I really love to cook. But he would much rather not have me exert myself. Speak to him each individual is different.

1 Like

Maybe he just wants you to be able to relax a bit. Did you ask him?

17 Likes

Maybe he wants to eat out for lunch sometimes and feels bad asking and maybe he wants a basic meal once and awhile like meatloaf. You gotta ask what he expects because surely he doesn’t think you’ll be eating out every meal.

2 Likes

If my husband told me this I would appreciate it lol. Like it sounds like he does love what you do for him and appreciates it, but he’s just letting you know it doesn’t always have to be like that. Like he will also appreciate something simple. That’s how I see it

2 Likes

Look up the love languages. You’re showing your love in your language which seems like it isn’t his language. They have a quiz you can take to see which one yours is.

You could be making him delicious meals and all he wants is a hug.

Trust me it really helps relationships when you understand how the other person feels loved and appreciated

10 Likes

Is he gaining weight? Does he feel like you’re doing too much for him or maybe he just wants some take out?

1 Like

I would take it as you know your husband would probably rather you be doing other things. You know some men don’t really need a five-star meal. My husband is fine with a damn sandwich and a bag of chips. And I’m over here like I am not fine with a sandwich and a bag of chips lol but my husband and I actually take turns cooking and creating our own recipes and sauces. We have fun together with it. But my husband also was married twice before our marriage. And his first marriage his wife was completely disabled and a wheelchair so he had to basically cook and take care of her. So my husband is really different in a lot of ways. And then his second wife just wanted to get a job so she could go party and leave him with the kid so again my husband is a different type of man lol

My mom would try to make my dad’s meals… She wasn’t and still isn’t a good cook but it was edible what she tried but as I’ve grown up I’ve never heard him say to many bad things about her cooking (he’s a great cook just not a lot of time) only thing I picked up on was he wanted lighter meals but not presented as lunch but like a dinner. I can agree cause just because you want to make a faster easier lighter cheaper meal it doesn’t mean like it has to feel like a cold pb and j.

Maybe he wants you to do “lazy” meals once or twice a week so y’all can spend more time together

I get offended about it too… he likes to eat with co workers somewhere for lunch and he’s a pretty simple guy, will eat anything

Talk to him my guy we barely see eachother as we both work he lives with his parents and siblings I live alone I cook us a meal up now and again (he was a chef) so everything has to be perfect or he won’t eat it

Talk to him love! Communication is key in any relationship you might be overthinking it love

You’re thinking about it too much. My husband is like that too. Some days I go all out over dinner and sometimes it’s a fend for yourself kinda night, just depends

I wish mine would tell me that! I absolutely hate cooking and the clean up

Lol I’d be ecstatic! I hate cooking and my hubby always tells me to relax and not to worry about dinner. He either cooks or brings dinner. So, whatever his reason is, I AM RELIEVED AND ENJOY IT!

2 Likes

Good move asking, I suggest you ask your husband why & yeah it will not be easy otherwise you would have already asked him, be strong,
Sounds like you both may have a communication challenge.

I suggest talking to him. Just say hey what’s up? He will normally respond with nothing why? That’s when you say well you used to compliment my cooking and enjoy it but now you have said that you can take care of yourself and that you don’t need a 5 star dinner. That kind of hurt my feelings. If I can understand why you feel like this then maybe we can fix it.

Maybe he doesnt like what you’ve been cooking lately and wants to make his own meals with things he knows he’ll enjoy? Thats not to be mean I go through phases where sometimes the same things become bland and I only eat one thing for weeks. Ask him about it.

talk to his mom and see what kind of food they had in an average week , maybe he needs some of his kind of comfort food (my husbands was Manwich and rice a roni ) and let him do his own lunch , just ask him what he wants from the store . Then rethink after a couple weeks , might not be an issue at all ! Good luck !

ASK him… Only he can tell you. Relationships only work when you communicate

Could someone else be cooking for him?

ENJOY IT. I hate cooking. I wish mine would come home and say that lol

I think my husbands afraid of me haha :laughing: if I don’t eat it he won’t eat it :joy::joy::clap:t2:

1 Like

Maybe he feels bad you’re doing so much work

I make breakfast burritos, English muffins, bagels for my husband and i, i pack leftovers for lunch, or make something if we dont have leftovers. He appreciates just having a meal to eat. If he wants to eat out, he will and eat the meal the next day

Mayne ur over spending on 5 star dinners everyday. Is he responsible for finances

He wants more time with you :blush::blush::blush:

The only person who can tell you that is him.

I wish mine would. Lol. Tired of cooking every day

I think we should trade husbands. Just kidding. But wow.

Communication is key to every relationship… Maybe have a chat with him as to why he doesn’t ‘need’ your meals. Maybe you are reading too deep into it.

2 Likes

I would take it as he doesn’t really like your cooking. Stop cooking all in general for him. See what he says then.

1 Like

Omg where did you find him? I want one

Maybe he’s found a better cook with all the other “Stuff”.

I would say u damn if u do an damn if u dont so how bout u say fuck cookin his ass anything send his ass to work with no lunch an do something for yourself with that time :heart:

Coming from male sometimes all we need is a steak some chips/fries and a beer. If you try make it all fancy all the time it ruins it. Sometimes simple is best

1 Like

Not sure why because I could only wish. The only thing I could think of is he doesn’t think he’s giving you back as much and therefore it’s becoming a burden to him to think about how to give you back the same amount of love when all he wants to do is love you in peace and not feel like he has to do something in return.

1 Like

I hate to be that person, but he prob doesn’t really like your cooking and doesn’t want to hurt your feelings.

Maybe he’s feeling overwhelmed without wanting to flat out saying it, in the sense that you do more for him than he does for you – at least in his eyes. And he feels that you’re going through a lot extra effort for it and he doesnt want to or can’t, etc.

First of all: your awesome! Try to open up a conversation on the subject, express this is one of your love languages (if it is) and how doing this for him makes you feel. You can then ask why he would say not to(if he is willing to share)

3 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. https://answers.mamasuncut.com/t/why-doesnt-my-husband-want-me-to-cook-for-him/13018

Sounds like he’s just wants to make sure you don’t feel used for lack of a better word. Just express to him this is how you show your love for him and I’m sure he’ll understand.

1 Like

My mom used to make my dad 4 course dinners when they first got married. He loved em but he’s not super adventurous food wise and one day he asked her if they were having something that looked like meat and potatoes. He got that alot from then on. Maybe he just doesn’t want you to stress out or wear yourself thin for him? As for lunches mine said the same thing cuz half the time he doesn’t eat lunch

Probably feels guilty for not cooking enough

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Why doesn't my husband want me to cook for him? - Mamas Uncut

Good idea to work on communication rather than cooking

133 Likes

My advice is: you may have 99 problems, but this ain’t one.

Ask him how his day was, listen if he wants to talk, maybe catch a sunset in the yard, instead of washing pots and pans, grab a snack, let him grab whatever, get yourself a nice piece of dark chocolate (coffee, wine or whatever you like), sit down with a blanket, a cuddly fur baby, play music, read a book, watch a movie…… have a night…

94 Likes

Rule of thumb… after forty years… never ever pack their lunch…lol! If in the kitchen make what you want unless they request or buy something special to cook. Don’t give their meals any stress… Just do laundry and clean house as you like and let them fend a bit - and that includes shopping - let them fill the freezer and cupboards or help fill their specific needs. No matter what you do they will still get what they want or cook what they want. When we travel hubby often packs our lunches… including hot mustard on everything but heh… just enjoy!

16 Likes

Maybe he’s a simple man and doesn’t like all the fuss. Save the one big meal for the weekend. Maybe he likes takeout with his co-workers for lunch. It’s like being the only kid with a bag lunch when everyone else gets to eat the school lunch.

68 Likes

All these saying he’s cheating. Have none of you actually thought he might want to give his wife a break? Just because it happened to you doesn’t mean this is what’s happening. When my oh offers to cook or says we’ll have a simple meal it doesn’t mean he’s cheating. OP maybe try speaking to your husband? Just an idea instead of taking the advice of the women that want to put ridiculous ideas in your head

2 Likes

I don’t like a big meal all of the time either and I love to cook. I believe it is half my job to take care of the house, kids, vehicles, etc. It’s called being a man not a boy. I don’t need another mommy, I can fend for myself and I can teach you the woman the same.

22 Likes