Why won't my boyfriend delete his exes?

Boyfriend of 3 years is still friends with exgirlfriends on facebook. Why hasn’t he deleted them?

104 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Why won't my boyfriend delete his exes? - Mamas Uncut

Because he’s immature and still has feelings for them

4 Likes

Why does it matter? Is there a reason it bothers u? U can’t erase the past

8 Likes

Are they still friends?

They could still be friends. Don’t be jealous. Sounds very immature.

4 Likes

still wants to entertain them & keep them informed. Get rid of him.

6 Likes

Why would people on the internet know? Ask him.

2 Likes

How would we know? Why don’t u ask him??

6 Likes

He’s the only one that can give you an answer

5 Likes

They could still have very good friendships, at the end of the day he is with you and loves you and is entitled to female friends ex or not… think about your own relationship…

4 Likes

Because some people are mature enough to be friends with their exes. A relationship can amicably end without hate.

16 Likes

I’m still friends with some of my exes on various social media accounts and there is absolutely nothing going on between us at all … I think you may be overrating … Unless you see that he is talking to them in an inappropriate manner than I would just leave it alone 

4 Likes

They could still be friends with zero sexual or romantic interest.

1 Like

Everybody has a past, if he’s still with you no signs of cheating then you have nothing to worry about. People do stay friends with their ex’s ,

1 Like

Unless I’ve ended on bad terms with someone I don’t feel the need to delete them but that doesn’t mean I’m entertaining them or even looking at the stuff they post. But if it’d ever bother my boyfriend I’d delete them no questions asked because I get it. I would just ask him.

Maybe grow up and stop being so insecure. He’s with you and not them.

1 Like

I have ex’s on Facebook and no intention of deleting them…

1 Like

Probably the same reason he wont delete you when you break up

They could be very good friends but horrible in a relationship. My ex & I are friends after being married for 4 years. We weren’t good I a relationship. If it bothers you say something to him

1 Like

l get paid over $125 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $15329 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Details HERE… https://homeinlinejobbuilder6.neocities.org/

If they managed to be civil with each other after the break up, I think it’s okay, but if they hardly speak or keep in touch, then why the f does he need to be friends with them still? So he can still lurk on their pages?

Ask? :sweat_smile: we don’t know your bf

3 Likes

cuz he’s capable of making his own decisions? :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

This is a very dangerous question to ask on social media with no reasons as to why he wants to keep them or why you want them removed. People will answer based on their own circumstances and this could cause an argument in your relationship or at worst a break up. No one can answer that question except your partner. Sit him down and explain your vulnerability around the situation :yellow_heart:

7 Likes

Mine does too its not a big deal nothing is being entertained

Maybe they are still friends? If there isn’t anything inappropriate going on then I don’t see the problem.

Idk did you ask to delete them? Sometimes people are still friends with random people and don’t think about deleting them.

I’m friends on Facebook with random guys I met at frat parties like 8 years ago. I just haven’t cleared my friends list in years.

If it bothers you, just ask him to delete them. It’s just social media. Like damn social media is so toxic in relationships ugh.

1 Like

I stay friends with all of my exes. When you love someone even when the shape of the love changes it never goes away. Energy doesn’t cease to exist and I try to wish well on anyone who spent any part of their life loving me. I would never cheat on anyone either so it’s not a matter of keeping backups or tabs.

1 Like

Keeping doors open I guess

If it bothers you, that is a discussion you need to have with your boyfriend. If it makes you uncomfortable, you two need to set boundaries.

2 Likes

Why does it matter? This seems like more of a YOU problem and not a him problem. You shouldn’t have a problem with him being friends with exes, unless he’s cheated on you with them. That just shows insecurities darlin…

3 Likes

Because people don’t have to hate their exes just because you’re insecure

7 Likes

Maybe because they’re mature and parted on good terms?

5 Likes

So u don’t have friends…

Sometimes people are mature enough to be good friends…without it meaning anything… And not to be mean. But bc with jealousy if there hasnt been given a good reason…that could kill relationships…

Thats good question?

The real question is: why haven’t you asked your boyfriend this?

1 Like

I have a couple of my ex’s on my fb, we’re not like friendly and stuff but say “hi” out in public. My husband will ask “who’s that?” I’ll tell him “my ex” and what do you know…….? Life continues on lol smh

1 Like

Simple answer is…he doesn’t respect you

2 Likes

My current partner did this early into our relationship I would ask him to remove them over and over then when we became more serious (engaged with a 1yr old and another on the way) I gave him an ultimatum. Here he still had some attachment to them but his exes could care less finally he realized it wasn’t right and took account of how it made me feel also acknowledged we want a future together which means leaving his exes in the past. However this is our relationship some may agree some may disagree for myself I’ve never stayed friends with an ex I see no reason to.

1 Like

Sometimes I think :man_facepalming:t2: this emoji should be a reaction.

Y’all be to worried about who people be friends with on SOCIAL MEDIA. Unless he’s meeting up with them then get over it

3 Likes

I don’t know but personally I don’t have any reason to be friends with my exes lol not on social media or anything else. To me it’s odd. My husband and I have been together 16 years and exes aren’t something we’ve ever had around for any reason :woman_shrugging:t3: it’s pointless. If your boyfriend didn’t have any interest in them anymore it shouldn’t an issue to delete them. Especially if it’s causing stress to your relationship. Healthy boundaries are essential :ok_hand:t2:

3 Likes

Just ask him to of it bugs you. If you have a good relationship and he’s in love with you it isn’t something he would have a problem with. Chances are he just doesn’t know it bugs you.

What kind of exs? Long term, short term? High school ex? Middle school ex? I mean if it’s someone from high school or some shit I say let it go. If it’s someone recent bring it up and ask him. I’m friends with my high and middle school exes but I am not friends with anyone I have dated in the past 12 years besides my man of 10 lol

Well depends if they are from a long time ago and they remained friends or some girl he was banging last month and he just started dating you ?

They are on the back burner in case any relationships backfire

You should ask him lol

Because he’s a grown ass man and can do as he pleases…? If your insecure that’s on you not him and if it bothers you find a way to get over it because again, that’s not his problem.

If you guys have a honest relationship who cares?! It should make you happy his exs are still civil unless he still does things with them as open door policy that some think is ok:/ go with your gut

Maybe he’s friends with them and some relationships just don’t work out? There’s nothing wrong with remaining friends with people. There is a problem with dictating who your partner has on socials and who they talk to.

1 Like

If you don’t have trust, you don’t have a relationship.

You sound controlling.

3 Likes

Because despite what a lot of people say, some ex’s can still be just friends? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: If you’re that bothered, how about asking him instead of us strangers?

2 Likes

Ps talk to him. If he knows you dont like it maybe he will erase them… idk

I am still friends with some of my ex’s. Some are capable of still being friends, and only friends. But if it bothers you, talk to him about it.

1 Like

Keeping his options open.

He likes playing games and knowing it’s upsetting you he is not respecting you. Get rid of him.

I don’t see the issue as long as it’s plutonic. But why don’t you ask him if you’re that insecure about it? People can be friends with the opposite gender without sex going on.

Maaaan y’all are WILD in this comments, erry day :rofl: it BLOWS me away how often ppl literally are simply asking for advice and y’all just judge judge judge. Not to mention, it’s sad how more often than not, y’all are quick to take a guys side…what happened to women having each other’s backs?? Sheesh. I know not all posters in here are saints. I realize that. But damn. Calm y’all t!ts! And for the guys in here, man get somewhere and sit down.

You can ask him, tell him how you feel and see what his response is. I’m friends on Facebook with a couple of my exs but I never talk to them. It’s as if they aren’t even there.

Um… because social media doesn’t matter that much.

You will never have a strong relationship if you don’t let the other person be free. This means trusting them to make the right decisions on their own.

1 Like

Mine deleted his after 4 years of being together and many disagreements about it not sure y wish I knew

What the issue? Is he actively talking with them? Maybe they are just friends. It is possible for grown adults to have friends of thr opposite sex without any cheating going on. If you aren’t able to trust him for who he is friends with on social media, your relationship will never last.

Become friends with them on Facebook and tag them in random posts… works like a charm…

2 Likes

because he doesn’t have to. he doesn’t have to give a reason, and he definitely doesn’t have to delete them.

2 Likes

If he was still interested in them he would not be hanging around with you.

Cuz he has no respect
For you. Thats exactly why. Leave him

7 Likes

I’m friends with 90% of my exes, they’ve known me most of our lives so I’m not giving up my “big brothers” they are my safe place but I do block if they cross boundaries that are not too be crossed, but I also tell them there is no option of second chance dating they are friends for the rest of our lives… my bf hates it but I have nothing to hide my phone is unlocked and I tell him everything

3 Likes

I’ve been through this it is because he still as feeling for them and 2 he know he can get one of them back if you were 2 break up I went threw it and found out that he was trying to get them to stay in touch in case we broke up once I found out the whole story we were done so just talk to him and ask the hard questions that you need to for you and him good luck hope it work better for you guys than it did me

I’ve got exes on my Fb
We are still friends
They are in the past but still friends x

2 Likes

Why does he need to?

Why can’t he be friends with them?

He is a loser, kick him to the curb

1 Like

My exes and i are friends

1 Like

Cause hes above that petty shit maybe and can be mates without it being anything more.i have an ex from bout 10 years ago ,im happy with who im with.would you have noticed anything had you not known they used to be a thing or is it literally just that ,cause i dont think thats anything.but thats my opinion in my experiance,could be well off

Not every relationship is toxic. Maybe he’s still friends with them… if they’re not starting stuff in your relationship, id let it go!!

2 Likes

I’d delete the boyfriend :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I always think it’s a good sign when you partner can be friends with an ex. It shows they are mature, and the relationship must have been respectful. Otherwise they wouldn’t want to be friendly.

5 Likes

They called back up options

1 Like

Because not all relationships ends in a bad way :woman_facepalming:t2:

To the people this bothers: Why? How?

3 Likes

Bin him. You deserve better. You don’t mean as much to him as he makes out if he’s willing to keep them in his life. Unless he has kids with them that should be the only reason.

why are some people so bothered by this?

1 Like

It’s possible to still be friends with exes. Maybe take the fact that they still associate with him as a good thing, as it means you have a good guy? If he didn’t want to be with you he wouldn’t be :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Maybe he wants them to see him doing better.

Why can’t exes be friends my best friend is an ex just because people break up doesn’t mean they can not stay friends. So many people think oh he/she is still friends with there ex they are gonna cheat that is total BS and if you can’t trust the person you are with leave

3 Likes

How does this bother some of yall so much and why on earth is it a deal breaker?! Like I cannot imagine being THAT toxic.
It’s SOCIAL MEDIA :rofl::rofl::rofl:
I just cannot imagine being this insecure. I feel bad for some of yall for real.
Some of yall must be in high school or something I just cannot wrap my head around this.

4 Likes

I’ve got 2 ex’s on Facebook. As long as he isn’t crossing the lines, it’s fine. I’ve even stayed best friends with a couple ex’s after we broke up and we still talked, hung out, etc…doesn’t mean just because it didn’t work out romantically that we have to hate each other.

2 Likes

I had this issue years ago. He was quick to block and delete me once he left me for his ex, and it was ON my birthday. :woozy_face:

Shoot you go ahead and add em too

Could it be that he’s a grown man who can maturely handle a Facebook “friendship” with his exes and a relationship with you??!:woman_shrugging:t4:

5 Likes

So I’m friends with pretty much all my exes and so is my husband. He’s gotten to know them because they are actually good guys. We realized we’re better off as friends. Plus my husband actually dated a few of my friends and I didn’t even know. We’re all good friends and have no issues. So there’s a really good chance he’s actually just good friends with them. Honestly if your so worried why he is just ask him. I mean it also could just be that he just doesn’t have the time to just go deleting people too. If you guys have been together for 3 years and literally have absolutely no trust issues and haven’t cheated on each other…then why even worry about him having his exes on there.

1 Like

Im still fb with plenty of my exs. Like sometimes relationships dont work out or its only ment for a time it doesnt mean you dont wish good things for that person, and I can tell you from experience a man I very much loved got married a few years ago and when I saw it on fb I thought to myself shes very beautiful and good for him. Yall need to get out of your insecurities fr

Lol I am still friends with my ex’s, they are ex’s for a reason, so glad my partner doesn’t give me a hard time about it

My husband is friends with a few of his exes still on Facebook…it doesn’t bother me…I know them and trust my husband…its down to trusting your boyfriend or not

1 Like

I am still friends with all my exs…

Because we’re adults :woman_facepalming:t3:

1 Like

Yeah no I it’s all fun and games until the x starts to become jelous and straight up starts flirting with your man infront of you, then you feel like the third wheel. Xs are X’s for a reason, I told my man no way are we going to have a relationship if he continued that shit. I would never put aside me being comfortable for someone else to maintain a friendship, I respect myself.

1 Like

I’m friends with most of my ex’s on Facebook, along with most of their wives.
Been this way for years and never had a problem. Till my ex of like 15 plus years ago married the woman he had been dating for like 5 years. We are not fb friends but I never heard a word from her in all the time they dated tho her ex and I were pretty social on Fb. They got married last year and they took a trip to NY and posted pics. I liked most of them bcuz I liked their pics and have always wanted to go to NY. In any event she messaged me and told me it was inappropriate to comment and like their pics bcuz he was married now. I was floored, and kinda hurt. Me and him have been friends for 15 years; nothing more. I tattled on her to her now husband and he begged me not to say anything to her. So I didn’t. Said if she did it again I would. 2 months later after I liked a pic of their cat and something else she messaged me again. I told her to basically back off me. She did.
All that means to me is if you’ve got a problem with ex’s being friends is that you are a weak and insecure woman.
They are with you now and just remember ladies, jealousy is SUCH an ugly color.