Would you be offended if your husband went to his moms for dinner?

Would you be offended if your husband did not eat your cooking almost every night? my husband will call me on his way home from work and ask me what is for dinner and if he “doesnt think it sounds good” he will go to his moms and eat…he does this AT LEAST 3 times a week…am I overreacting here? His mom lives right down the road from us so its not a huge deal for him to always go over there…but i feel like she shouldnt still be feedin him dinner almost every night

524 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Would you be offended if your husband went to his moms for dinner? - Mamas Uncut

Stop cooking for him…

11 Likes

I’d show up to bring the kids :rofl:

13 Likes

I love my MIL, and her cooking is amazing. But yes, I would be irritated if it was to happen that often and would probably tell him to go back and live with her lol.

6 Likes

Just keep saying what he doesn’t like and tell him to bring food for you too. You won’t have to cook. It’s a win for you too.

I swear some of the people who confess on this page are not the sharpest tools in the toolbox (and that’s sugarcoating it).

25 Likes

Don’t cook him anything saves you work

2 Likes

Shittttt I’d be cooking what ever the hell I wanted to eat then.

When he asks I would either say I didn’t cook and change the subject. And that’s that

1 Like

Wouldn’t worry me. Just don’t cook for him at all. You will save tons of money for a girls weekend

4 Likes

Does he say it doesn’t sound good, or he doesn’t like it? Maybe I’m a sucker, but maybe it’s just his man way of spending time with his mom?

I wouldnt let it bother me , less cooking to do lol my kids eat simple and as do I so I wouldnt even trip on it andnid join maybe once a week lol

Follow him to Mama’s for dinner…
Or better still, borrow her recipes :joy:

1 Like

Girl be thankful that he goes to have dinner at his moms, maybe tag along and save yourself from cooking dinner that night or get out and take a trip to target, get a pedicure, pamper yourself. As long as he lets you know he’s not coming for dinner I don’t see the big deal!

5 Likes

Let him go
Cook for yourself and kids
It’s less work for you

4 Likes

My kids can always come over for dinner when they’re grown! I guess when you’re married and have a family and kids things change. Maybe try to have a conversation with him, because communication is key! Now if he’s going over there just, because he doesn’t like what you cooked that’s a little rude and I wouldn’t be cooking for him anymore if I was you!

You should make a point to catch on to what she’s cooking a couple nights a week and make the same thing. But no he shouldn’t be doing that

2 Likes

Ask him why is going over to eat so often, try and get to the bottom of it. Maybe he doesn’t like your cooking (I’m not trying to be mean) then I would try and ask her some recipes to help u out

6 Likes

She shouldn’t be lol but if she’s enjoying his company and its less work for you I’d just let him do it lol

2 Likes

I’d ask him to bring me some home :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Omg id be relieved. Lol

9 Likes

It’s not Mama’s fault it’s his fault because this is his choice and it’s very rude of him

I’m a mil and if my son did that to his wife I’d stop feeding him! Perhaps there is more to this story?

17 Likes

Well see I’m petty because the next time he’d call me asking what’s for dinner I’d say “ask your mom!” Lol

27 Likes

I’d tell him to pick up the kids and take them with him to his mums lol. Netflix, snacks n peace and quiet for u

7 Likes

Why don’t you just plan ahead and agree what nights he’s going to his mums and then you know in advance, you don’t waste food and you know when to have more down time?

3 Likes

Tell him to get off mamas tit and come home and eat a damn pb and j if he’s not grateful for what you cooked lol. No advice for this but I would most definitely be offended too. You are his wife/family now, not his mommy. Dinner should be about the time spent together not only the food and I’m sure it leaves u feeling like ur food isn’t “good enough” when I’m sure it is great. If he has a problem with ur cooking, tell him to have his mom cook enough for the two of u and he can pick it up in a doggy bag and bring it home to u to eat too ! Sucks u have to cook it for him to not even eat it…

At least it’s your mother in law
Not the number 2 wife/ girlfriend or whatever
No problem

1 Like

Just don’t tell him say it’s a surprise if my hubby did that I would stop cooking for him geez he is rude

Nikki Harris “mum” ? :wink: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

I’d be at moms too…quit cooking lol

6 Likes

Go eat with him. If it’s better there, then go. If she can feed him, she can feed everyone.

5 Likes

It would be a problem if she doesn’t send me a plate too

6 Likes

Ask him to bring you a plate and save yourself some time, energy & money. This arrangements can make your life easier if you spin it. Decide on 3 days when you won’t be cooking and him can both go to her house or he can bring you something back.

21 Likes

Ask him what he plans on cooking. You don’t have to cook for him every night especially when he won’t eat with you. I would stop cooking for him altogether

3 Likes

Start inviting her to dinner with you once a week

1 Like

Or find out what he likes and doesn’t like for dinner I don’t cook what my hubby don’t like

2 Likes

I’d tell him from now on to eat there and bring you a plate.

8 Likes

Just be thankful that you won’t need to cook that night. :smile:

He don’t like your cooking

3 Likes

Yeah that’s not his mumma he’s going to

4 Likes

Shit, I’d show up at moms too and stop cooking. :joy::woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Have Mom show you how to cook?

1 Like

Head on over to mama in laws, help her in the kitchen and you can learn her recipes! But really, dinner time is also a good time to sit down and talk so he’s missing out on what the kids have to say about their day and that’s pretty :poop:.

1 Like

Nahh less cooking for you

1 Like

I’d stop cooking for him and just cook for myself. He can go there every night and bring me home some left overs for a midnight snack too. :yum:

5 Likes

Save the food money and treat yourself xx

6 Likes

I would just stop cooking for him! You win! :rofl:

3 Likes

I would quit cooking for him completely

2 Likes

At least you aren’t expected to go with… that would be my issue :woman_shrugging:t2::joy:

3 Likes

Tell him to bring you a plate ! Tell you need good cooking too

1 Like

I’d definitely be kinda bitter… Just cause he could of saved my time not cooking if we wasn’t eating together. A woman’s job is never done . So I could go my relatives or ,out with a friend or ,my choosing of house chores or ,etc !!! Let him do the dishes on them days ! :muscle::hugs::thinking::face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_monocle:.,… Sorry not sorry !!!

2 Likes

Yeah I wouldn’t cook at all for him period!

2 Likes

Quit cooking for him :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

I would have a talk with him about your feelings because apparently open honesty isn’t a thing in any of these comments. If you’re important to him you can find a solution together. If he still continues then I would let him know you’re no longer cooking for him.

3 Likes

Why don’t you start asking what he wants for dinner then, and start making things you BOTH like? This seems like a massive lack of communication and compromise on both your ends. You’re both being ridiculous imo.

5 Likes

Maybe ask him for input on the weekly groceries and dinner plans?

1 Like

i would be offended if its more than once a week

2 Likes

I definitely think there is more to this…
If it really is at surface level then whatever. I’d be happy any time he went alone to see my “ex mil” :raised_hands:t3:

I immediately thought of this :rofl:

2 Likes

It wouldn’t bother me to be honest. It’s nice that he’s close to him mother.x

I’d make him cook himself women r not slaves

3 Likes

Stop cooking for him completely since he wants to be a baby ¯_(ツ)_/¯

16 Likes

Tell him just to eat at his mum’s every night. That’ll save you the trouble and you should buy yourself something nice with the money you’ll save! X

6 Likes

Wow… these comments make me understand how my husband and I have been together 7 years and 11 months and we have never once in our relationship thought “gee I need a break from this person”. We communicate when things are wrong and we compromise. If we can’t both be happy we don’t need it, or we get 2 of it. We agree on dinner unless I can make it get 2 separate dinners easily. Like I just don’t understand how people expect to have lasting relationships when their answer is “I’d stop cooking for him” that in no way solves a damn thing just like him going to his moms for dinner doesn’t solve anything.

Make dinner together??? I loved doing dinner at my in laws when I was married :woman_shrugging:t2::woman_shrugging:t2: If it’s down the road why make a big deal out of it? Maybe you and momma swap some recipes…… at the same time my mother in law wasn’t a good cook so I’d do most of the cooking and teach her but I loved and still do love her and will still send her food with my kids and ex husband. I guess perception is the key :woman_shrugging:t2: I like my family close on all sides.

1 Like

Why not offer dinner with his mum twice a week to give yourself a break, you could go and be cooked for too. The family time might be nice. If he’s not open to that, I’d just be out the door so fast. While a man can be close with his mother and is encouraged by most women- there is a point where a wife and their own family comes first in a way.

2 Likes

Stop cooking for him. He sounds like a mommy’s boy,

4 Likes

Shit not at all that’s less I have to cook. He don’t want to eat my cooking :hocho: fine by me. I just know my babies going to eat.

I’d tell him to stay at his mum’s from now on no point coming home if he’s gonna end up there tomorrow again :smirk:

3 Likes

If this is the only thing you’re worried about then you are good. Why do you be grudge him this time with his mom.

1 Like

3 times my hubs left and didn’t eat the food I prepared! I don’t care what you make. If you take the time to prepare him food, he should eat it. I quit cooking anything for a LONG time.

To be honest, if it hadn’t been for the pandemic and now prices going through the roof. I probably wouldn’t cook now! Yes be offended, and quit cooking for him.

4 Likes

I love to cook… and I’ve been told I’m good.
So I guess it would have to come down to my relationship with my hubby.
Do you feel like he is not on your side here? Because I’m willing to bet this is an issue you have with his mom.

My one ex (bd) I wouldn’t care about except for the fact that his mom made my pregnancy a living hell… but, my late husband… well, he would never. He was respectful and put that crazy b in her place

Your mommas boy of a husband needs to start communicating what he wants to eat and you need to start asking what she makes that he likes that you don’t make…pretty simple…call my crazy but talking to eachother will probably solve this…

2 Likes

Omg his mom not a big deal grow up

Just start joining him and meet him at moms to eat with him…he’ll then get the picture when you stop cooking and eat at her house…

1 Like

Are u sure he’s actually there?

3 Likes

Nothing beats mum’s food but still. . If she’s cooking for him can she cook for you too??? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

stop cooking and he has a different meal he`s after✌

1 Like

I get paid over $ 125 per hour w0rking from home. I never thought l’d be able to do it but my colleague makes over $ 19762 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is limitless.
M0re Info. M0re Info. https://GetPaid277.pages.dev/

Kinda sounds like he’s pitting you too against each other and the winner gets his company for that evening. Not a bad deal for him I bet if the role was reversed he would hate it

1 Like

Why don’t you just plan ahead and agree what nights he’s going to his mums and then you know in advance, you don’t waste food and you know when to have more down time?

7 Likes

Tell him it’s time to wean from his mom’s boob and eat dinner with his wife at home? :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

Is his mom alone? Are you sure it’s about the food and not possibly just wanting to grace his mom with a simple meal time?

3 Likes

It would be nice if he treated his immediate family with respect. You should be the one he wants to build a family with. He can’t do this if he is still mamas little boy. He is disrespecting the work an time you put into making dinner. Why does he not take you along to mom’s?
You can choose to cook for only yourself or go out to eat when he deserts you. Mom will get tired of feeding him on a daily basis. Tell him if he keeps doing this he will not have a choice. You will no longer cook for him. Why can’t he cook?

I would send the kids down with him :joy:
saves me cooking saves me cleaning up :joy:

10 Likes

You’re right she shouldn’t be feeding him every night - I’d take the hint tho and it way be a stretch but I’d say he likes her cooking more than yours - to bring the spark back maybe get some help to learn to prepare different dishes as a try out - I think that will work and he may be willing to try - that’s my guess - good luckQ

That is her child…if she wants to feed him that’s her choice :joy:
MAYBE figure out the kinds of food your husband likes…oh idk BEFORE you get married :woman_facepalming:t2:

8 Likes

To be honest I do think that you are overreacting, communication is the key , ask him what he wants to eat , you can cook some days and he can eat at his mom the others .

3 Likes

Shittttt, I would be telling him take the kids with his ass! 2 Hours of ME TIME Hell yeah

Lol…. I still will call my mom to see what she is making for dinner before I cook.

1 Like

Rock up to the mums with all the kids :joy: I am petty, I would be pissed. I wouldn’t bother cooking for him anymore.
As for his mum she shouldn’t condone this behaviour, regardless of age. He has his own family.

1 Like

When he goes, make him take the kids. Lol and have time to yourself.

11 Likes

When he calls you should just tell him your not cooking and maybe he should go eat dinner at mom’s house.

2 Likes

Team up with her help buy ingredients and help her cook , eat at her place once a week and embrace her talents. I am sure she will be happy to share her wisdom.

2 Likes

Let him eat at his mama’s.

All these people degrading him and calling him ‘mummas boy’ like it’s such a bad thing to have a great relationship with his mum.
That woman birthed him. If he wants to spend time with his mum and dine with her I think it’s beautiful. If he doesn’t like your food discuss meals with him that he will eat. If you want to go ask to tag along.

7 Likes

A mom will be a mom regardless her kids age , they can be 50 and she will still cook for them daily if she has to.
If he eat at her house 3 times a week you have 3 days off for the cooking, you should just join them , and the days you cook just ask him in the morning what he would like you to cook

5 Likes

Maybe he uses that as an excuse to visit with his mom & check in on her.

The other thing is this … everyone has had a mom … and the fortunate ones had moms that cooked. If they were really fortunate, their moms cooked great food! I don’t care if it’s a grilled cheese sandwich … nobody makes it like your momma!

So my point is … we all (hopefully) loved our mom’s cooking … regardless of what she made, or how good or bad it might have been. Hopefully we all love our moms enough to check in on them from time to time … even make excuses to go over and spend one - on - one time with them.

The last point to make here is this … most moms & sons have a special bond … Just like most dads & daughters do. Maybe he’s just really close with his mom, and if she’s alone, he might feel the need to spend time with her so she won’t feel so lonely.

We only have our parents a short time. Mine are gone … I’m old with two grown sons, and even though I have my husband, I still enjoy it when my sons are home for dinner.

I don’t know how close you are with your mother in law, but it might be nice if you maybe got some recipes from her … some of your husband’s favorites that he enjoys. I did that for my husband. It added variety to our meals, and I learned to love some of those meals that she taught me how to cook … plus, it helped build a bond between the two of us. My husband was a momma’s boy … and his folks are gone now, too. It makes him happy when I make some of the foods she use to make for him. Of course, my dishes will never be as good as hers were, and that’s as it should be … nobody can replace momma’s meals! But he appreciates the effort I make, and it makes me feel good to try and do this for him.

I don’t think your husband’s intention is to hurt your feelings. Talk with your mother in law, and get some of her recipes!

3 Likes

Hell,- less cleaning and no cooking time for you! At least it gives you a little time to yourself! Just make sure if yall have kids, that he takes them to her house as well. It’s only fair! They’re his kids, and his responsibility as well!! They wanna see him and deserve to spend as much time with him as they do with you!
Also, maybe you could try to get to learning some of his mom’s recipes and way of cooking? Maybe that way you can learn what he’s into and what not better. Also it can help build a stronger family bond with your mom in law. So it’d be a win win maybe?:hugs::blush:

8 Likes