Would you be okay with another woman bringing your husband dinner?

I have worked with a man for many years and we both bring each other food from time to time. We are friends and work partners nothing more! Don’t put too much thought into this. It’s a win win for you! You don’t have to make his lunches!

it’s most probably just her ‘mum’ side coming out. I wouldn’t worry.

7 Likes

Cool away lady, cool awaaaay. I got dishes and need vacuuming too. Come clean the whole house too :joy: jk lmao but like the other comment said, a man’s love is through his stomach.

Considering it’s good work mate’s MOM making him a plate it’s likely harmless.

3 Likes

Send thank you card back signed his wife
a small little reminder that he’s married

1 Like

Her being Hispanic its nothing to worry about… My husbamd is Hispanic ans if its a plate that is his particular favorites or something new and we have left over he will have me send it to work with him… Its much different with their race… We have a friend when he passes he calls even if mt husband is at work as asks me her do you havw trash im taking mine… Or im running to the store you need anything… Honestly i find it truly amazing how much they are there and do for one another

That’s just Mexican culture. They feed people. I enjoyed lots of Mexican food when I was living in Indianapolis. Big Mexican community out there with a big heart. Enjoy it! And maybe send some baked goods and a thank you note.

12 Likes

Is she is Mexican its like Italians in my family they feed whoever is around. Less for you too do but gentle reminders he is married is a cool hint too make them all food time to time

5 Likes

Jokingly, my husband has a “work wife”. As long as she knows her place (verbalized by both you and hubby) I wouldn’t worry too much about it. Just keep an eye on it.

1 Like

The Hispanic culture revolves around their sons. Sounds like she’s a typical Hispanic smother… I mean mother. If she’s not acted out of the way and he’s honest with you… And you get the cooking… You win.

5 Likes

I would say no, but since you said she was mexican it is their cultural to do that. To her it is probably rude not to bring them both food if she is bringing her son food.

Once you said “mom” and “Mexican” in the same paragraph. We all know you were good. It’s all apart of the culture. My husband is gringo and he said that Hispanics have the most hospitality. You will never go hungry around a Hispanic family

17 Likes

Learn to cook the same foods.Present your hubs with delicious meals which you have cooked.Tell the kind generous lady that you really appreciate her kindness but you will take over from here.Be nice to her.She has a heart as big as a bus filled with people.Spoil your man and do things for him then you are in the clear.We all have to give in marriage.
All the best.⚘⚘

That is normal for Mexican mommas! My stepmom of 25+ years is Mexican and she LOVES to cook for everyone! Especially if they skinny hahah

2 Likes

I take my husband lunch sometimes and always take his work wife(his now best friend) lunch too. Its a kind gesture as the lunch truck doesnt always agree with the guys and its just a burger and a large drink… his wife knows I do it and its not all the time… and they all know its just me being nice, nothing more. I wouldn’t be offended by it at all… now if her son didn’t work their and she just did it out of no where id be worried. But in this case its ok.

2 Likes

My husband wouldn’t go .

1 Like

When someone tells you to grow up, “you’re being petty” always look at their childish profile :roll_eyes:
Trust your gut, this isn’t normal and the fact that he doesn’t like it and you end up eating it means that he is trying to be over nice qnd save her feelings and while this is gentlemanly, it certainly isn’t something that should be happening on a normal day.
Have a word with your hubby and ask him how he feels about it all, always let them know how it would feel if the shoes was on the other foot…
How old is she and what ethnicity? The only reason I ask this is because a lot of people just love cooking and feeding everyone they can, my girls are Irish and their Nan would have cooked for the 500 if she could, my friend is Brazilian and she is the same, Italians are well known too for their generosity with food and feeding everyone…find out stuff…
Good luck, keep us posted x

3 Likes

Sure no problem for me how kind of her :blush:

1 Like

If she wasn’t someone’s mom and if she wasn’t Mexican I would have a issue. I’m sure she’s doing it out of love and sees him as a son too.

4 Likes

So she’s cooking for her son & fixes a second place. She’s not going out of her way for your husband. As far as the condition being better she’s probably just figured out how to pack it more transportable. Sorry I feel you’re just a jealous person.

9 Likes

Say thank you, and ask for the recipe.

1 Like

Being married to a Hispanic and oretty.much been in the culture for over 10 years, it is just their culture. They feed everyone like all the others are saying. But definitely send her a nice thank you note for feeding him. Let her know you appreciate it but it’s also a reminder he is married.

7 Likes

My mom used to make my dad lunch tacos for work and would always include enough for his friends at work (at his request). It could just be a cultural thing. If it starts and ends there i wouldn’t worry. Eat up!

Depends, does she send the food with her son or does she personally hand deliver it to him? She could just be trying to be nice to her son’s friend, most mom’s are but if she’s going to his job everyday, then I would be a little concerned

Sure. I worked with a lady who fed not only her own son but his co-worker. Simply because she liked to cook and couldn’t manage to make small batches. It was pitch it or cook for both. Appreciate the gesture. Besides, if your hubby can be bought with a few meals, he has bigger issues.

6 Likes

First world problems at its finest

5 Likes

Sometimes my husbands coworkers would bring him food from things they made. Doesn’t bother me. It sounds like she is just being nice since she is bringing food for her son. It doesn’t sound like it’s a big deal.

1 Like

I’m not Hispanic but I am THAT mom. I would be the one to bring extra food for coworkers without thinking it might bother someone. I think it’s harmless

4 Likes

I would!! :rofl::rofl: But if you’re curious if it’s just for your hubby, send her a note that says you’ve been eating them. That you just want to reach out and say ty for the amazing cooking… And see if it still happens…

24 Likes

These types of questions are posted often. I am the type of woman who doesn’t really see gender. I treat men and women the same. Yet, I don’t want to sleep with your husband. If this is a worry for you, you need to have a conversation with your husband- if he is going to cheat on you, it isn’t because of something she’s done. It’s because there is some need not being met in your marriage. Women don’t have a super power to make a man do things he doesn’t want to.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Would you be okay with another woman bringing your husband dinner? - Mamas Uncut

She may be making more than her son eats and instead of either having it as leftovers or throwing it out (there are some people who refuse to eat leftovers) she’s feeding your husband. I honestly wouldn’t worry about it. Your husband told you about it; he’s being honest. Just write it off as kindness and try to pay it forward.

17 Likes

I have had kind of a similar experience. Except mine was with a neighbor and my boyfriend was friends with her husband. Same as you, at first I didn’t think too much of it. But as it continued, it bothered me. Years later I found out my instincts were right.
However, it doesn’t mean that in your situation she has ill intentions… but personally I feel if you are not comfortable with something in your marriage, put a stop to it. It’s cool that your husband has been open and honest with you and he evidently is not trying to be sneaking. But you don’t know her or her intentions. He can just nicely decline next time and tell her “no thanks”… but it’s not worth it to continue to let something continue that you are clearly and understandably uncomfortable or concerned with.

9 Likes

I think theres a good chance shes just being kind.
When I worked before having my son I would pack myself homemade sweets for lunch and I always brought some for the rest of my coworkers.
Whenever I pack my husband lunch if I know a particular coworker is there I will send a treat for them too, brownies, cupcak and cookies etc.
As long as your husband has been honest about it I would assume shes just trying to be polite.

20 Likes

I think she’s just being nice. When my husband was in the oil field, and him & the boys were about to pile up in a truck for a long ride out to the rig, I’d make breakfast burritos for him & the fellas. I make dang good breakfast burritos & I figured the kind thing to do was to make enough for all of them.
I wasn’t attracted to them, they were all really close & grew up together. They appreciated my burritos, so I’d send them when I could. I put pride into them to make them look nice & all be equally good.
I bet he told her you guys enjoyed the food she made, so maybe she put a little extra time into it because she knows you’re eating it too? I don’t see it as crossing any lines, and I tend to be a pretty jealous lady. (To a fault)
Your husband isn’t even into the food very much, he’s not making you feel like you don’t cook as well as her right? I may get a little jealous then. But I see this as kind & innocent.

13 Likes

Is the son the same age your man? If so could be a mama thing, basically seeing your man as one of the kids and just wants to make sure he’s fed.

4 Likes

If her bringing your husband dinner bothers you then maybe you should start bringing him dinner instead of her… problem solved

25 Likes

What if shes just slowly poisoning you to get rid of you because she’s secretly in love with your husband? I mean like, she’s gota know he’s bringing the plate home to you, I’m sure her son must have mentioned he doesn’t even eat her lunches. :thinking:

36 Likes

I think shes being kind. If she knows that there might be one extra at his workplace, then it’s not unusual to include extra to share with a workmate. I’m sure the son would have said something if he thought it was ott.

4 Likes

She’s not going out of her way to bring him food. She is bringing to her son and his coworker. If it’s now and then I would be ok :joy:so I say but who really knows

5 Likes

It seems like a sweet and innocent gesture of kindness to me.I’d sit back, relax and enjoy the food that you’re getting to eat.

10 Likes

This is such a kind gesture, honestly i feel sorry for the other woman, she’s trying to do right by her son and your husband and you’re scoffing the food. I would have your husband tell her that he isnt eating any of it and that you are and then she can hopefully stop worrying about bringing in two dinners. I actually think you’re taking the piss eating this woman’s food, and thinking she’s trying to steal your husband on top of it all! Y’all need Jesus

5 Likes

100% of Mexican mother thing. If she knows he is friends with her son then she’s just being nice.

41 Likes

As a wife of a mexican family, that is just how the woman are. If they cook for one they cook for all. Good luck hope its is just her being nice.

25 Likes

All yall women on here are saying that shes just being kind are crazy, if this were happening to you, youd be the ones writing this article, maam, you better get ahead of this, shes putting something in his belly so he can put something in her belly

7 Likes

Another woman can’t get in between your relationship unless your man let’s her, as long as you trust your husband and know he would tell you if anything was to happen j wouldn’t worry too much, it could be an innocent gesture just trying to be nice, I know personally I wouldn’t feel comfortable but I’m me and, the fact that your husband has told you tells me it Really is just innocent if there was any other intentions I think he wouldn’t mention it even as innocent as it is, just speak to your husband tell him how it’s making you feel even if it’s just for a little bit of reassurance, he should be understanding

2 Likes

If you think this random woman is going to “slip into your relationship” you better check your man and/or your trust with him. It’s got nothing to do with this woman. She can come with any advances she wants to, all you should be concerned with is how your husband handles that… and by the sounds of it he doesn’t seem to like her food so where’s the problem? :rofl::woman_shrugging:t2:

10 Likes

Hell No I would NOT let another woman take my man food.

I don’t give a rats ass why she is doing it, that’s my place as a wife and i find it disrespectful

11 Likes

Sounds normal to me. I was raised to feed all . When I worked I always made enough for co-workers. It may be an area or heritage thing to not sure.

1 Like

It wouldent bother me, he’s not hiding anything from you, and you enjoy the meals she shares, I wouldent blow it up because of that.

4 Likes

Red flags to me , but , that’s because this is all very familiar and I ended up on my own.

3 Likes

I’m assuming the mother is Mexican or of Mexican decent?..You cannot turn down food from a Mexican mother/grandmother. In their eyes everyone is too skinny and needs feeding. You say no and they’ll open your mouth and ram it down your throat anyways.

2 Likes

Mexican mothers love to feed people

1 Like

I think it’s innocent.

3 Likes

I used to bring an old man on my work team dinner a lot of nights a week. I was most definitely NOT interested in him. He just genuinely appreciated the effort I made for him and I appreciated being appreciated. Absolutely nothing to it other than that. Hope that helps.

2 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Would you be okay with another woman bringing your husband dinner? - Mamas Uncut

I don’t cook so heck yes!

We had a lovely woman living at my husbands work and she would cook for everyone every day, we miss her terribly.

Try making him dinner to send to work with him, especially if he doesnt eat what he is being given. If you are aware of it, and have spoken about it, why not bring up your concerns with him first? You may be surprised how just communicating that little bit more may make you at ease that its nothing but a lady being nice and bringing him and extra plate of dinner she has spare, nothing else :blush:

She’s already cooking for her son. It’s not like she’s going out her way to cook for your husband. Maybe speak to her?

If my mam makes pies are what ever she always sends extra for my stepdads workmates dont think it means she’s wanting to bed them, a used to make my exes friend his tea once a week was never any bad intentions in it

41 Likes

With my now ex, I had a wife actually offer to pay me to send lunch/dinner in for her husband bc he bragged about what I packed for mine! She wasn’t a cook at all & he he survived on the vending machines.

I started sending “extra” in my ex’s lunch daily.

55 Likes

I love cooking for people. I would personally feel rude if I brought a nice home made meal for my son, and nothing for his workfriend. I feel like it’s mean to let people eat and smell a good home made meal and not offer some.

88 Likes

I came from a big family, I always cook 2 much, and I bring in the rest to co workers, married unmarried male or female, just the way I was raised, and yes because the compliments on my cooking i went threw extra to make it look great

24 Likes

I feel like we’re missing some context here. How old is this son in relation to the husband. Cuz if they’re similar ages… I doubt she’s after your husband lol. Besides if your husband doesn’t like the food she cooks. He’s not gonna leave you for her :roll_eyes::joy:. Enjoy the free food ma’am. I would :joy:

98 Likes

I wouldn’t have a problem with it. Maybe if she was going out of her way to do it then I’d think twice but if she’s bringing dinner in for her son then I think it’s lovely. It’s something that I would do just because.

2 Likes

I love to cook and when I cook for other people I usually make extra and send some home for our guest’s family. Most folks I know do the same thing. He’s being honest about it, even bringing it home to you. I don’t think it’s anything other than kindness and not worth worrying about.

8 Likes

I do the same for the office. I love making food and I would find it rude to only make it for one person there.

2 Likes

This could be a cultural thing as well. I don’t know what her culture is but in a lot of cultures, if a person respects you they will cook for you. I have worked for families before where they have cooked for me because they respect how I work with their kids. And in most cases, if you refuse it would be disrespectful to them. So if he’s totally open about it, then I think it would be fine. I would also ask him if maybe culturally it’s appropriate for her to be doing this. It is most likely just her being nice! Has he given you any reason to not trust him in the past?

60 Likes

I currently have a boyfriend but I cook dinner and bring it for a male co worker very often. My boyfriend is quite picky and I’m a great cook. It’s nice when someone else enjoys your food and appreciates it. Me and the coworker are simply friends and we both have a love for food. I always feed the people I like lol.

8 Likes

I feel like it’s her culture & he doesn’t like it so enjoy your meals :heartpulse:

33 Likes

I absolutely love to cook for others but have no intention of taking anyone’s man or woman. The one I have is problematic enough :joy::joy:

1 Like

I have a lady at my job who makes plates and thrives off cooking other people good food . She’s a good cook and everybody enjoys it !!

13 Likes

I think it’s nothing but beings nice, that’s what’s people do respect others that their also,it keeps a good work environment among your friends,wait until something happens to worry about, enjoy the meals.

7 Likes

I reckon she’s just being a good Mum and being kind towards others. You said your husband isn’t eating it anyway and you are instead.
It doesn’t sound like an advance unless she’s making some other move on him.

21 Likes

I wouldn’t care lol she is probaly being nice since she brings her son food , some mum’s are like that they wanna feed everyone

20 Likes

Is there others that work with her son or is it just your husband.
Trying to figure out why your husband is getting food if the work place consists of a lot of other people.

She won’t because your husband doesn’t even like the food. If he did and was gushing about it and being ott about it , giving her a boost and flirting, then that’s be different. He’s being polite and she’s being kind . She makes too much and man or woman, she’d be plating up the rest and sending it in. If you can’t see the kindness then he needs to be honest with her and tell her he doesn’t actually like the food but it’s not gone to waste and you’ve had it. Or, if you bake, make her a cake to give her as a Thankyou for keeping your fella fed for you

10 Likes

Sounds like she is just being generous I wouldn’t worry your husband had been opened that should shut down all your worries because he doesn’t even see a problem with it

It’s not the same because this person was same sex as me bit she worked with me and lived with her mother. Her mom would send in extra plates of dinner with my coworker to feed the other nurses that needed to eat. The mom liked to cook was amazing at it and just liked to help. Its prolly the same thing.

5 Likes

My dad is a huuuuuge foodie and a great cook, it’s one of his main talking points. He’s surrounded by all kinds of cultures at work, so people, typically women, bring him all kinds of stuff to try.
It’s been like that at just about every job that he’s had.

5 Likes

I’m of an inquiring mind… I’d conveniently be around unexpectedly to see how she acts around my husband. If she isn’t flirty enjoy your Mexican food, but if she is she might leave wearing the Mexican food.

3 Likes

Is her son and him the only 2 people working at dinner time? The only 2 in the department maybe? If so, let it be. She’s just being nice. You’ve already talked about it with hubby so what let it continue to bug you.

I don’t make full dinners but I bake cookies/brownies and take them to work. Most of the men that eat them are married or have a significant other. And I definitely don’t want any of them :joy::joy: I just like having taste testers

6 Likes

Once in a while a friendly gesture is good…but everynight not so good…unless she is being paid to provide the meal …as they say the way to a mams heart is through his stomach…so put a stop to it I think.

2 Likes

I’m a fan of anyone that can cook :heart: my mom was like that. She would cook so much there’s no way you could refuse. I can see being stressed about it for sure so I would follow a previous comment. Bake her something. Make friends. I really wish I would have cooked with my mom more. Learn those recipes and techniques. Now I just have to go by taste or what my aunt says is correct because google sure doesn’t have the answers.

3 Likes

I feel like she’s likely just being a genuine person. It’s the equivalent of “if you don’t have enough to share then don’t bring it out” it’s the polite thing to do since she’s bringing for her son. I doubt there’s any I’ll intent behind it. I’d likely do the same thing.

4 Likes

My grandma cooked for so many people for so long that giant portions were the only way she knew how to cook. She always had extra and taught me to FIND people to give it to that might need it without making them ask.

1 Like

The old me would of been super annoyed if this was a reoccurring and ongoing thing even if I was a bad cook. I am a good cook and when hubby goes to work with a fully packed delicious meal his friends who are elder then he is (35+) tend to envy him. Hubby has a male employee who works under him. He tasted my hubby’s dinner one time and has requested me to make it again and again for him if able. After the 6th or 7th time of requests I was getting annoyed. I made a stand and refused. It was only too late in did I find out that the guys wife was terminally Ill and has been in hospital for months, and the guy lives with his elderly (70+) mother. The wife passed away and ever since find out the situation I have felt guilty. It was only then I truely understood that the guy just didn’t have time to cook and feed himself. He was depressed and was stressed and worried about his terminally Ill wife who apparently cooked well before she was diagnosed. Working a 10-12 hour night shift would be difficult without having a good meal to get you through the night. Since then I always send hubby with a 2/3rd container of food or an extra sandwich to distribute to whom ever he choses to give it to. I do ensure to advise him to please give it to a friend who doesn’t have an able wife/partner or has just not brought anything in for dinner as I wouldn’t want another women to feel the way I would if this happened to my husband. In our culture we share everything regardless of how little we have. Had I known the background to the guys situation I would of been happy to help in cooking extra for him every night but unfortunately I didn’t and I am making up for that now.

You have every right to feel the way you do regardless of whether you are a good cook or not. If you feel this doesn’t sit well with you as an ongoing thing then speak to your partner. Alternatively, if he enjoys eating the meals provided by her you could always get in contact and offer to pay so she knows you are aware of this food situation and there is communication between your self and partner about her.

3 Likes

I think she might feel awkward bringing food for her son to eat in front of your husband…if this is the case? I wouldn’t be bothered by it but I would be aware of it.:relaxed:

1 Like

Sounds benign. Many cultures take pride in cooking and feeding people. She probably figures if she’s making one she could easily make two. I wouldn’t confuse kindness with any negativity. If someone is kind to you and your husband just pay it forward.

2 Likes

A married woman should be cooking dinner for her husband nearly everynight… I wouldnt allow any woman but his mom to bring dinner… Every night is over doing it but hey ig its just me…

4 Likes

i have a coworker who is always bringing in food for us because she just loves to cook… sure there’s nothing to worry about.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s meant as disrespect at all, even though I completely understand having that stupid thought worm it’s way into your brain. Keep enjoying the food, and don’t let yourself dig that hole.

2 Likes

Lol I would do that! I’m totally a feeder and make extra fancy plates for hubby’s workmates

2 Likes

It’s an old saying the way to a mans heart is trough his stomach I would hide somewhere and watch what she does when your not there and it should put your mind at ease.

She mentioned the food is Mexican so I’m assuming the woman is Mexican. In Latino culture it’s normal to make a lot of food for everybody, including friends, acquaintances, etc. My late grandma would make everyone who came to her house eat something when they were there. Nothing to worry about :blush:

1 Like

This son… Must have great things to say about your husband.
They must have a decent working relationship.
Friends feed friends…
I am supervisor in a popular grocery store.
I feed afternoon shift because my son works with me as well…and everyone on the shift.
I would mortified if anyone on the outside saw this act of kindness different.
Mind you always a grey area .
Is she bringing to their job site?
Or the Son is the one bringing the food to work.
Boundaries… Does your husband feel this is acceptable?

Every now again is ok… but a consistent habit. Who has time for that? Lol. Investigate!!.

I would totally do the same thing in her position, especially if the dinners I make have large portions left over. It’s a way to minimize food waste. Also, since he works with her son, it’s possible she’s grateful for their working relationship/that her son works with someone nice! I would love to make food for my boyfriend to take to his coworkers. It’s just spreading the love. I’m not saying to be ignorant or turn a blind eye to it, but if this is the ONLY thing that she is doing, I wouldn’t overanalyze it. There’s also nothing wrong with seeking this advice, either. So don’t be discouraged by some of these comments!

We Chinese has an interesting statement about it. “When in the world you known any man with a lover is because the lover is a great cook?” Hallmark Movies is great, but all the cooks are skinny beautiful creatures dearie … Enjoy the food. Do be appreciative and send back a nice item once in a while. Try sending over Chinese chopstick And soup spoon set that is very pretty. Let me go find a pic of my collection.

1 Like