Would you be upset if your mom posted the birth announcement before you did?

I told those that were allowed to be there that photos could be taken but nothing posted until my husband or I had announced. But not too many people knew as i was getting induced. We announced about 5 hrs later and then family shared their photos!

As long as you told her before hand not to . If not then you really shouldn’t be upset you need to Communicate

1 Like

Yes! Speakin as a mother, grandmother, and a great grandmother, it was a rude and inconsiderate move. She might love the baby like her own but she needs to step back and know her place. Sorry this happened to spoil your moment of introducing your little one.

1 Like

I personally would not. I don’t care about these things . The world will know sooner or later. It is a personal preference thing. If you don’t like it , then you have every right to be mad.

1 Like

Not really my sis did it saved me a job

Nope I would be PISSED!

Well here’s the thing … people talk… get over it in a few months would u rather people think your getting fat or actually pregnant? Literally people who stress over this are ridiculous. And it’s a power struggle and a very sad trait maybe be happy the grandmother is excited:) get over yourselves people will still be all excited for u no matter who tells you. Don’t know why this is a thing :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I’d be livid. That’s why we didn’t tell anyone when our daughter was going to be born :woman_shrugging:t2: we didn’t give them a date. We just gave them the month and told them to guess. (Of course they were all upset with us with this decision, but this is our baby, not theirs and we decided we wanted the first few hours to ourselves with her and us and our new little family!) We waited 3 hours after she was born to tell anyone and we asked politely to not post anything and wait till we did. They respected us and waited.

1 Like

Sounds like a proud grandma…
Not worth stressing about …

2 Likes

It doesn’t seem like a big deal to me, BUT if that bothers you I would definitely say something to her and maybe next time express your feelings before hand.

Yes, I told everyone that I wanted to be the first to make the post luckily my parents and boyfriend don’t post much so they didn’t really care

It’s horrible when people do this. I had my child’s birth announced before I’d even got to tell my dad. I was livid!

1 Like

Absolutely. We made sure we made everyone very aware that they were not to say anything about the birth until after we did. No one was aloud to share that we were expecting until after me posted. Thankfully everyone respected our wishes.

Um no. That’s mad disrespectful I’d flip out if I was you

For me it wasn’t a big deal. I had a few family members post before me. My phone was actually turned completely off for the initial part of my hospital stay so I could focus on my baby and recovery instead.

1 Like

Can’t blame her I’m a grandma only than will you know what it feels like. The love is unmeasurable I’m sure she meant no harm. Remember she is your mom and she feels towards you what you feel towards your baby.

4 Likes

It all depends on the discussion. I’d be pissed if my mom did that.

I’d be pissed. We didnt tell anyone when our son was born for this reason. We didnt allow family at the hospital or even to come into town until our son was 2+weeks old. We wanted that special time together as a family

I get it. But in her defense I was so excited for my grand babies I would of shouted on the roof tops.

3 Likes

I was thankful when my mother posted the announcement on FB.
My parents (mainly my mother) took care of all that so it allowed my husband and I the time to focus on our new baby.
Honestly, FB and keeping people updated wasn’t even in our minds; our precious new baby was and we were thankful for the help in that regard.

My mom took care of the FB side and I did the formal announcements.
Do people no longer send those out?

Not to be rude, but you are going to have so much, better thing’s happening when your baby comes. Please don’t allow trivial thing’s like FB cause you any ill feelings.
Take Care & Congrats!

4 Likes

I would be annoyed, but she’s proud of you and your baby. It’s clear she loves you both very much, talk to her about it but don’t remain angry, family is precious :heart:

1 Like

Your child ,your wishes . So sorry that your mom cant see this as you do… God bless You and Baby .

If you told her not to then yeah, be mad. I was very particular with everyone not to post on social media because I wasnt. My daughter was a couple months old before I even posted pictures or anything and had someone else done it, I would have been livid. But once again I told people not to

It would only bother me if I made it clear before hand that I didn’t want anyone posting before me!!

I GAVE my Mom that job! She was over the moon happy & proud!

1 Like

Um yes? She’s not the one that’s pregnant, she’s not the one giving birth to the baby, she’s not the parents. I made absolutely sure that no one made an announcement that my son was here until I did. That was special to me and I wanted to be the one to let everyone know

Back in my day my mother did tell the rest of the family, I was happy that she was a proud grand mother.

My husband and I didn’t even tell other people til we did everything needed & wanted… we didn’t even call people to tell them I went in labor for this reason. After I had them and did my thing then they were called and invited out Some people find a way to ruin things. I don’t let them get that close so they can’t.

I made sure the end on mine and my birth was private with my second and didn’t tell anyone where I was or room or anything until we went home. (I also love 2 hours from family)
Was great no stress, no needing to argue, no bullshit.
No one’s business to post about YOUR kids.

Yes I would be. It’s unacceptable for ANYONE other than the parents to announce it.

She’s prob just excited n thrilled!! Try not 2 b upset with her

2 Likes

I would be irritated and pissed. Make it extremely clear what you want for your kid. We didn’t allow anyone in the room with us and didn’t announce her birth to anyone until we were ready for everyone to know.

I would be LIVID. I get the grands love the kids too, but it’s not their baby and it’s not their news. That’s your little shining moment with your new family.

The local news paper reported the birth from hospital records, unless it was a birth of an illegitimate child.

If it was your first baby I think I would be upset!

I’m sorry but she the gram and excited unless you specifically asked her not to mention it until you did then you are in the wrong

4 Likes

100% yes! That would make me super pissed and I would definitely make it known

She is just excited and happy don’t feel too bad about to be grateful although I know you probably want to do it you’re excited to don’t be too upset at her you only got one mom she’s trying to be loving and passionate and grateful because she has a baby on the way answer you I’m a grandma so but I would never do that I have to let my children get their own glory but I would have I would have done it in a minute

1 Like

My mom did the same. She posted pics of my daughter. I don’t think I said anything even though I did wanna be the first to post about it. I remember she was just super excited and I didn’t want conflict so I left it alone. But everyone is different of course.

1 Like

Honestly…i think people get too hung up on stuff like this.

I went through A LOT when my oldest son was born. We both almost died. He had several injuries from birth. He also had Hypoglycemia and Jaundice.
And i had a bitch of a mother in law pretty much tell me she wished i would have died so she could take my baby.

By comparison…my mom posting the announcement of her grandchild’s birth would have been nothing. And welcome normalcy in all the chaos.

Just another example of this generation’s “all about me”, for those who would be pissed. Be happy that your mother is around to witness it. Be happy that she’s that excited about it. After all if it weren’t for her, you wouldn’t be here. She’s a part of the story too. And why does it matter who did it first? She probably has different people on her page than you do. And you can still make your own special post. If that’s the worse concern you have I think you’re very lucky. That being said, when my grandchildren were born I waited to announce because I know how this generation is. We didn’t have social media when my older children were born. I had to mail birth announcements. From another country. Walking to a mailbox a mile away. In snow. Up hill. Bahahaha. Not all of that is true. Any way, Congratulations on your new little love.

4 Likes

My SIL stole that from me and the best part, we were NC with her… basically it was my MIL who visited me in the hospital and told SIL… and SIL went ahead and told the whole clan… never have i ever been more angry but i let it go because you know what some people don’t even deserve any emotion from you… even anger… if i would be angry at the moment i would be one to ruin the rest of my happy moments…

Yes, I even told the doctors no one could see or hold my child before me (except the dad) bc I was in recovery so long. That is your joy to spread!

No I told everybody I was the only one to post anything.

Yes thats why i waited till my son and his girlfriend posted first then once my grandson was born i asked permission to post a pic of me holding him

1 Like

I can see why other people would be upset and I believe my husband would have if my mom or his parents had done it, but personally I just don’t care haha!

Honestly, I think people get too upset about stuff like this. Social media and “likes” are not the end all and be all some people make it out to be.
If someone announced a pregnancy that’s a little different because maybe the parents didn’t want to, for a variety of reasons, but the baby being born is a little different. Grandma probably didn’t mean any harm or even realize what she was doing would upset anyone.

4 Likes

I would be on fire! My mother in law did not post anything to social media until after we made the announcement!

I’d would be right pissed if anyone besides me or my husband posted before us.

I wouldn’t be happy but I said to everyone before hand that we wanted to be the ones to announce the birth in our own time xxx

Yes. I didn’t allow any photos of my baby till she was home from the hospital. I didn’t have any visitors either besides my parents and boyfriend. My parents were only there during delivery and discharge. My delivery was hectic and baby went to NICU so my folks weren’t really worried about pictures, just our health.

I just had my son 2 months ago and it was a rule no pictures were sent or posted until I posted. So yes you have a right to be upset.

I would be very mad. I made 100% clear that no one was to post about my baby before I could I feel like the birth announcement should definitely come from the parents first and then everyone can post their pictures or whatnot. But at the same time I’m sure she didnt mean anything bad by it she was just excited to share her new grandbaby. I know as soon as my mother in law got the okay to post she already had like 15 pictures lol

Nope. She has every right to be excited and spread the word about her grand child…the exception would be is if she was told NOT to but still did it…then absolutely be a little upset…its not the end all be all

6 Likes

I try to look at peoples intentions as opposed to their actions…and not sweat the small stuff. This isn’t the end of the world…but next time maybe communicate to her that this upset you and that you’d like to be the first to post. Maybe in her excitement she didnt think it through.

My mom shared the birth announcement and photo before us. 5th kid, you would think she would know by now. I was upset and very annoyed. I just let her k ow how I felt and moved on.

If we had already talked about it, and I specifically said not to, yes, but sometimes grandparents get overly excited and don’t think about it being insensitive or stepping over the line

1 Like

Yes! It happened with my first and I was pissed! I told everyone not to send or post pics of my daughter and certain ones didn’t listen, so with my son, no one was even allowed in until I posted about him. I wasn’t suppose to be able to have kids & I had two hard pregnancies. I get that people are excited but that is the parents job only!

I told everyone not to post anything until I do. It’s my news to share. Yet someone did and I was upset n confronted the person.
I’m expecting again And I hope it wont happen again.
People cant seem to understand

1 Like

I think it honestly depends on the child’s parents. Both my spouses family and mine posted it before we did however they were all their with us every step of the way and they were just as excited as we were about it considering it was the first grandchild on both sides. My spouse and I wernt bothered by it in anyway.

2 Likes

Im a grandma and its just because the Grandma is super excited, she probably didnt mean no harm… On the other hand, maybe we should wait till its okay… Grandma’s get outta control with love :heart:

3 Likes

My cousin posted about MY father’s death, before I had a chance to inform my siblings. Some people don’t understand that it’s not all about them.:pensive:

4 Likes

Totally understand your wishes regarding your child shud b respected, your child your business, your news to tell I.m.o.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be upset, she’s just happy about her new grandchild. Be glad that your mom is still alive to share that moment with you not too many people have their moms here. Just make your own announcement on your page. Congratulations on your bundle of joy

2 Likes

I wouldn’t care. They are excited.

You have every right to be upset, I’m sure she didn’t mean to upset you but this is your child and you should’ve been the one to share the good news. A “family friend” -(on my in-laws side who I don’t like) shared the news before my partner and I did and I still don’t talk to her , especially now. I would still share the news in your own way but talk to her about how upset it made you and why, maybe she’ll know for next time if you have any more.

1 Like

I would be extremely upset! The parents should always get to announce the birth before anyone else.

1 Like

Same thing happened to us with our first baby. At that last second we learned our baby boy would be going to the NICU, so posting at that point wasn’t first on my mind. We had asked everyone to let us announce it but my FIL decided he was gonna post first. My husband and I almost got into a fight over it. He didn’t want to announce it just yet and was upset with me that I posted pictures, but then I told him his father had already posted pictures of our son. He was just as upset as I was.
I feel like you definitely have a right to be upset. We wait and carry these babies for up to 40 weeks, it’s something extremely special to us and we shouldn’t have to worry about someone posting about our babies before we get the chance to.

Oh come on. You have loads of firsts coming up. First tooth. First word. First steps. First pair of big girl/ big boy underwear. First bf/gf. First time riding a bike without training wheels. First car. Firsts galore. And grandma may not be around for all of them. Why so stingy?

2 Likes

No it’s not right. However, especially with her first grandbaby,you need to post asap after birth. She’s excited too!!!

1 Like

I’m sure it was just done out of excitement , it intentional disrespect. Forgive and forget. She’s going to be around… alot.

1 Like

Selfish brats domt post unless you want grannies 2 get happy you came from us

3 Likes

If you dont previously discuss something like that theres no reason why you shouldnt expect any people in the family to share that information. Everyone is excited for the new arrival and wants to show the baby off. Its just a social media post, I dont think its really a big deal.

3 Likes

No, but that’s just me it’s all about me… My first child was also my parents first grandchild if we didn’t have social.media they would be on the phone phoning everyone as they are excited as well. The moment is to special to be mad or worries that others are posting first… that’s just my view on it and how I feel.

3 Likes

I’d be pissed. It seems now a days you have to tell people to not post stuff like that because they want to be first on social media. Makes me so mad!

She should not had done it. I would be angry :rage:

Yes. Our announcement was hijacked by a family member, and I’m still pissed every time I think about it almost 4 years later. I’m due to give birth any second now and fully expect it to happen again. I’m less than thrilled.

I had a scheduled c-section so everyone new when my daughter was here but my dad had to work that day and I refused to let ANYONE post any pictures of her until he was able to come to the hospital and see her, I didn’t want his first time seeing his first grandchild to be on fb. Luckily everyone who visited understood, the friends and family waiting to see pictures…not so much. There was some snarky comments about where the pictures were at and I ignored them. I would have been furious is anyone had posted pictures. It’s your baby, not theirs and people need to have enough respect for what you want and just wait, no matter how excited they are.

1 Like

I have better things to worry about

2 Likes

I would be. I let everyone kno befor i had my son. My husband or i was to be the first ones to put a picture up if they wanted to see him in the hospital.

I would be pissed off

As long as she didn’t post a picture I wouldn’t care we always ask no photos until I am ready to post them and so far we have been lucky to have respectful family who didn’t go against us on it

I’d be mad. I made it clear we wanted to post first for each child. And I’ve also asked my mother to not post my kids anyway because she has a ton of random people on her fb.

As with any news it should come from the source not other family members or friends including anyone that knows before you post it! It’s very rude and not their place unless they asked prior and was given permission!

Pull your head out of your ass and be glad your child was not stillborn and that people love your baby as much as you. The fact you have a healthy baby to share with everyone but which you alone gets to take home should be happiness for you. Think of those that have no one to announce them. Why do people make so much of nothing? It’s because these people haven’t had a real challenge otherwise they wouldn’t make such a big damn deal of nothing

Yes, but I would get over it. Is it worth being pissed over this???

Ohhhh I would be upset!

I would want all my family to know before all the randoms on social media found out!

Get over it fast. She didn’t know your wishes and was proud of the grandbaby. Let the light in, you have a beautiful little human being.

4 Likes

My dad posted my kids when they were born before I did and I dont mind it at all… he was a proud grandpa. I guess everyone is just different.

3 Likes

My mom announced my whole pregnancy. I made her delete it. She did it with the birth too. Made her DELETE that too. I was so upset I cried

Yes, I would be mad. This is your time… Not your mom’s as much as she obviously already loves this baby.

My mom waited until I announced I was pregnant to say anything and until I had the baby to say anything, she knew and respected my wishes.

i’d be pissed! i asked for no one to announce it before myself or my husband, i was thankful they listened to my request

Yes I would be pissed!! My mom and grandma kinda did that to me but it was with the gender with my son… It was all over Facebook before I even got out of the doctor’s appointment :expressionless:

My mom did, I was upset at first, since I had told her that she couldnt post anything until me and daddy did, but in the end I had to realize that she was excited and proud too, and that she just wanted to share with her close friends that I had the cutest little boy ever and she was finally a grandma. Dont sweat the small stuff, your parents feelings matter too.

Some family members knew when I went into labour but nothing was posted on social media regarding her birth til I posted first x

I would freak the hell out! My best friend posted that I was having a boy while I was still in the Dr office! I freaked out on her. She felt bad. But dont post about MY child until I have .

my mom did both times :woman_shrugging: didn’t bother me any. I was a little too busy to take pictures, you know, giving birth and all… everyone is different though

So what? Besides once it’s done when it comes from you it’s old news. You’ve got other things to worry about. Like yourself and your baby. My family did with mine and I didn’t care. Less typing for me :joy:

1 Like

I would never not my story to tell