Would you expect your house to be clean before you moved in?

Yes when we moved in our place it stunk like cigarettes, they painted the corners of the walls, didn’t paint anything else. Tub was clogged. Filth everywhere. I was told I was welcome to move out and I complained to much.

I think all places should be cleaned before a person moves in. That being said, I have never moved into a clean place ever!

Nope thats effing disgusting and the landlord should have handled every bit before your move in date…make sure when you move out you document the cleanliness of your vacating the premises and get your deposit back with no b.s.

No! That is whybwe pay deposits. Deposits cover cleaning costs, etc. The landlord should deduct the hours and cost of cleaning supplies from your rent.

It should have been properly cleaned prior to you moving in.
I still do a cleaning before we move into any new home but you shouldn’t have to… especially with Covid

I think they should have it somewhat presentable. When we first moved in we have to clean before it was gross

That is absolutely disgusting. It should have been cleaned throughly before. He should be helping you clean. I wouldn’t have signed a lease for it till everything was cleaned

Every place we’ve been at I had to clean up when me moved and we still got charged and told we didn’t clean :roll_eyes: I usually clean the new place we move into anyway.

:face_vomiting: If it’s a rental, it should have been cleaned professionally.

1 Like

Yes, it should be cleaned by the previous owners before you move in. But not everyone has the time or sense of pride!

I would not be moving in until it was cleaned! That is unacceptable by them to not have it clean!

You have to let the landlord know right away and show the pics. That way nothing can be blamed on you when it comes to getting your deposit back one day. You’ll have proof you’re leaving it better than you found it.

Need to ask for cleaning reimbursement call a cleaning service actually at least 3 and ask rate they charge and take the average and ask in writting for reimbursement.

Every apartment I moved out of required cleaning and would charge if it wasn’t up to their standards. So It should have had bugs and pubes removed from place at a minimum

Absolutely! The landlord should have made sure the place was disinfected and sanitary!

If they aren’t gonna have it clean then you shouldn’t have to pay a deposit if you have to clean it yourself

I couldnt read past the pubs part that made me want to puke. Definitely not ok in anyway raise beyond hell with the property group

Absolutely not! It should have been professionally cleaned.

Should have been basic clean and then clean the place to hour standards at move in…

It should have been clean… what do you think your deposit goes towards? If you leave it a mess, they’re gonna take your deposit to clean it!

It should have been deep cleaned before you moved in. It would scare the crap out of me to have whoever you have as a landlord if that’s how it started.

No, you are not making a big deal. That’s kind of what you pay deposit for. It’s clean when you move in and you clean it when you move out.

When we moved into our house it was a pig sty. The oven looked like it had years of baked on crap in it. The fridge was still full of food as was the pantry. I begged the owners to allow us to hire a cleaning service to come in to no avail. So before we could unpack, we had to clean and take out tons of trash.

They will expect you to leave it clean when you move out so it should already be cleaned when you move in.

Yuck! I always clean the place I’m leaving and the new place before moving in, but people are HOGS! No, you aren’t crazy

Is he helping clean it? I would be pissed. Yes it should be clean. If you clean it yourself take a ton of pictures. That’s how I got my daughter’s deposit back.

I would be pissed. When my daughter moved away for college I rented her this dump…no dorms. The dump was our only option as she was accepted late. I had to scrub the fridge and freezer. What I scrubbed out there looked like human skin…

No absolutely not , the place should of been clean before you moved in , make sure the rental office is aware of the mess .

I’ve never moved into any place that was not cleaned beforehand. That’s not a common practice that I’m aware of.

Should have been move in ready. You really shouldn’t have had to do a thing.

Yes It should be cleaned before you move in. I would’ve hired someone to clean It and back charged the land lord.

No you are right! The apartment should’ve been thoroughly cleaned before moving in!

Happened to us, too. We even wrote professional cleaning into the contract. Luckily the sellers paid…

No way! That place should have been cleaned. Go to your manager and tell them.

No people are gross. I would complain also. it is a big deal you don’t know what kind of germs they had or coories

It should ALWAYS be clean. The only possible exception would be if you’re moving in early and they didn’t get a chance to get in there.

That is nasty and I would have complained. They should have cleaned bettet

Depends on state laws I guess and who you rent from my land Lord didn’t even see the place between old tenants leaving and us moving in it

No…I would have been complaining as soon as I walked in. And I sure would not be the one cleaning it.

I clean anyway when I move. And the first thing I do, did it with rentals and when I bought my house… buy brand new toilet seats.

Ummmmm I would ask them to have it professionally cleaned or do it and deduct it from my first rent payment. There are cleaning service companies that specifically focus on Homes/apartments that people move out of and into.

Definitely should have been cleaned that’s unacceptable you have every right to be pissed

It should have been cleaned for sure. So many germs. It was the landlords responsibility to have it done before you move in.

I would have been on the phone with the landlord right away before I even cleaned anything.

No if and or buts. It should have been cleaned.

I just purchased a home, and it was disgustingly dirty when I got the keys.

No but you should have come prepared to clean

Apartments should be clean when moved in and painted

the question is why isn’t it enough that it bothers you and is a health concern for your pets ?

no but you need a new boyfriend and a new apartment.

Nasty renters before you and the same for your landlord. Bet he kept their “deposit” to fix up the place and then didn’t do it.

It should have been cleaned. That’s gross

If you’re renting it should be cleaned

It should be immaculate when you move in…

1 Like

I cleaned my condo when I sold it .
I’ve always cleaned bf and after I move.

:nauseated_face::face_vomiting: That’s gross even when we’re not in the middle of global pandemic.

Is it a rental? If so I hope you didn’t pay a deposit!!

Most definitely yes how can anyone be dirty and leave dirty for next family

I deep clean every place I move into even if it’s brand new. That’s just nasty I would not stay there.

Thats a dumb question yes it should b clean n than you clean it again yourself

1 Like

I would be worried that it didnt bother him

1 Like

Ew, what kind of bugs?

And yes you should upset!

1 Like

Oh HELL NO! AND I BET THEY WANTED CLEANING DEPOSIT AS WELL. I HOPE YOU HAVE PICTURES.

Definitely should’ve been cleaned

1 Like

That’s disgusting, you have every right to complain. Your boyfriend sounds lazy.

Thats disgusting. I wouldve expected to be clean asssfff shining k. Your not making a big deal out of it .

Yes you have the right to complain. That is nasty.

Of course it should have been cleaned!! Sanitized too! Complain away!

I always have to clean when I move in

Take pictures and contact ur landlord tenant board.

1 Like

I would do the same thing should have been clean.

Do you have a right to make a big deal

No, should have been cleaned. That is ridiculous!!

Sorry tell bf it should be clean complain

1 Like

I’d just clean it and take it off the deposit

Absolutely should have been cleaned that’s disgusting

Yes, They should have cleaned!

Definitely should have been cleanerd

Yes, you should be upset!

I wouldn’t let it go. Its crazy cause of covid

Take pictures of everything too!

Gross u should move into a clean space.

No it should have been deep cleaned before you moved in… repainted and carpets cleaned or replaced also… I have never moved into a filthy apartment nor have any of my friends… and personally I went over anything one extra time just to be sure, but you shouldn’t be cleaning up filth

No…it should have been cleaned…:pensive:poor you :sparkling_heart:

It needs to be professionally cleaned

So that’s on you for signing the lease.

Hell yes it should have been cleaned.

No, that’s gross. Tell him to grow up and help you clean it

I spent weeks cleaning a tenants apartment… repainting because the walls were gross… top to bottom was spotless. Tenants moved in and complained because I forgot a mop and bucket of paint in one of the closets lmao

Absolutely not!!! I just moved into my first apartment om Dec 1st and it was DISGUSTING… I met with the gas company a day earlier and he found rat feces all inside the cabinets :face_vomiting: Everything was filthy and outright unacceptable. I MADE them replace my stove and dishwasher, they(realtor and maintenance techs, small property) came and cleaned the entire apartment top to bottom. I paid my security deposit which was double 2 weeks prior. In between that time they said they had been doing all that was needed to prepare for move in. When you move somewhere it should be move in ready. My apartment had no water heater and the heater itself didn’t work the first 3 days. Trust me you are absolutely right for what you feel. I’m there right with you.

1 Like

Absolutely should be clean!

It definitely should have been cleaned before you moved in, especially during a pandemic. I always make sure they clean it before and then I usually clean it a little before I unpack. I would’ve been pissed.

You get what you pay for🤷🏼‍♀️

Yes I’d definitely file complaints.

Uhhh ewwww yes it shoulda been cleaned before you moved in!!! Gross

Take lots of pictures and even a slow video walking around go show everything. Then send an email or text to the landlord about your complaints and see if they will do anything. Make sure you document everything in writing so that they can’t complain later that it was your fault.

The tenant don’t have to clean, they just won’t get their deposit back. The landlord should have been the one to make sure it’s clean before you move in. I’d be raising hell if I was you

Yes it should have been cleaned

Should have been cleaned :broom:

Hope you got it cheap