Would you follow through with being induced or wait?

I just hope if they give you pitocin that it works for you. They gave it too me and it all but stopped my labor.

I was over due with my 3rd (she is 18 now) had an induction date, the morning before i left for the hospital my waters broke

Being induced was the worst choice I ever made.

I would wait until 40 weeks and if nothing then get induced. I’ve had 5 babys and been induced 2 times and its a lot more painful than natural birth

Wait… going into natural labour is so much easier than been induced x

Wait until 1 week past then if you don’t go into labor get induced then. Unless the Dr has a medical reason to induce you earlier

Wait if you can
I was induced and had to have an emergency csection the next day…

I induced I was to excited to meet my little girl she was my third after 2 boys. I was exactly 1 week early getting induced, if you are ready I say why not? Lol

Induced with 2 out of the three of mine. Everything went very well.

u can wait it out at 3 cm dilated id be surprised if u nade it another week… good luck momma its the best pain ever.

Wait it out. Always. Labour and birth is always quicker and easier when the body is ready. Not when the body is forced in to it.

I would prefer to leave things progress naturally and would only seen intervention if baby was very late or there was a danger

So scheduling when approaching 40 weeks is normal. The date might not be until you’re 41-42 weeks along. It’s just to ensure you get an appointment in case they are busy

Wait. Let it happen naturally. My dr offered to me also but decided against it. Figured if 41 weeks came along we would go in. Had him at 39 weeks and 2 days. :blush:

If I was over 42 weeks, I’d consider it. Before that, nope.

Induction was not a pleasant experience for me, I’d wait if you can.

I would wait it out a week past due date unless there is an issue .

1 Like

I got induced with both of my kids. Went very well!

I would just wait honestly, because I feel like the pain was worst when I got induced.

Personally I would wait until I naturally went into labor, as long as there were no medical reasons I couldn’t.

I had a vaginal delivery, followed by a c-section and my third was induced. It was not bad, of course my longest labor was 5 hours.

I didn’t have a choice with my daughter I was 3 cm for 4 weeks I delivered at 42 weeks. I got induced with my son at 39 weeeks

I was induced due to medical reasons at week 41. If I had my choice, I would have waited.

Wait… I wouldn’t get induced til you are at like 41 weeks. Give it a chance to happen on it’s own.

1 Like

My doctor said the same thing, I went into labor the day before I was 39 weeks. I personally would just wait it out, unless theres a medical reason

Wait…inducing is not an easy time of it.

I’d wait it out. Being induced has higher rates of intervention resulting in c-sections.

Not saying it it always happens just that the risk is higher.

It’s also generally more painful.

I was induced for different reasons with all 3 of my kids and don’t regret it for a second

Both babies I was induced with an laboured real fast no drugs . Weren’t terrible experiences.

I scheduled a induction. I’m 37 + weeks and I wanted to pick the day he was born. Like my daughter.

My induction was very uncomfortable and unsuccessful

Wait if you have no medical reasons to be induced!! The induction comes on fast and sometimes it turns into a c section.

I would wait! I was induced and the was in labor for 28 hours because my body wasn’t ready!

If there’s no medical reasoning for it, I’d wait it out. Seems like things are progressing naturally anyhow. I’ve had two inductions and both went smoothly, no complications 3hr and 2hr labour’s.

I’d wait to be induced until at least after 40 weeks

Induced with my last 2 within a couple days of their due date bc I had gd. My first was 8 weeks early.

Wait! Labor pains were worse when I was induced!

I was induced and would never do that again!!

Also if your already 3cm I’d ask for a sweep at you’re next appointment.

I had to be induced because of past medical history at 37 weeks and I’m glad they did. It was pretty painful but I for an epidural at .5cm because I was having back labor and was stuck on my back while they were thinning me out. They put me on pitocin at 730 am and it gave me to many contractions in an hour so they had to stop it. They broke my water at 9am and by noon I was fully dilated. I ended up having to stop practice pushes and wait for dr. I had a good experience once I had my epidural and I loved knowing when my baby was coming because my dad and in laws were able to come down. It was the first grandchild so I was able to get a lot of help.

Wait it out; keep walking and have sex that’s helps… don’t force it unless is the last choice 70% of índice it labor end it on a c section…

I waited for all my 6 kids to be born when they wanted .

1 Like

My induction was hell. I’d never choose that again.

Wait it out! I regret choosing to induce

I waited. I got the chance to be induced because my doctor was leaving for vacation, so I waited and ended up going into labor the night she left. Another doctor ended up delivering my baby.

Both of my pregnancies were induced. No problems.

Induction is not worth the risks unless there is a medical reason to do it. L&D nurse here

I have my membrane’s stripped and that would be all!

Why would you get induced without needing it? Babies are not meant to be Convenient leave it in until it says "hold my beer "

Just wait it out, there’s no reason to get induced unless your over due or medical reasons

Why not have EPIDURAL before they do the induced part

No. Just no. Baby will come when they’re ready.

I would wait until 40 weeks if you can

Wait it out! You’re body and baby are doing their thing!!

Wait it out you still might be induced baby will come when ready

I was induced for 5 of my 6 children.

I have been induced 3 times and had all 3 within 6 hours , everyone is different

Wait it out. Nipple stimulation works well to get labor started, but check with doctor to make sure safe for you.

Have any of you ladies gave birth at 24 weeks???

Don’t it’s much worse when they make you go into labor

WAIT. Who gives up free room and board? If nothing wrong with baby or your health, let him/her finish growing…

Wait. don’t put you or your baby at risk

No. Unless there’s risk to the mom or baby, don’t induce.

Unless there’s a medical reason to…wait!

I was induced at 41 weeks

Wait unless there is a need for safety for you or baby

Wait it out and ask for a stretch and sweep

I wouldn’t bother. Doesn’t sound like you need to?

Wait!!! I hated to be induced wait as long as u can!

1 Like

Wait. Let that baby cook for as long as possible

1 Like

Definitely NOT. Let your body do what it was designed to do, when it’s ready…speaking from experience here! :wink:

Wait it out, if medically safe to do so. Baby will come when ready :heart:

I was induced with baby #1 & #3 due to preeclampsia. Had natural labor with middle child who was also early and preeclampsia. He was the easiest birth, 45 minutes and not a single medication. I say let nature take its course and your body will know what to do, forcing it before it’s time is much harder and longer labor imo

4 Likes

Waiiiiiit! I was induced and it was the worst decision ever.

1 Like

If babies healthy and you are as well I’d wait!

Let the baby pick it’s own birthday.

1 Like

Wait being induced is way more painful

1 Like

Wait it out. As long as you are in good health, go for it.

Wait babe if it’s not going to cause harm to your baby

1 Like

Just wait…that baby will come when it’s ready!!

1 Like

Moms choice. I chose induction

Get induced and get the epidural …amazing

After 4.5 weeks of active labor I got induced

Yuck I would never get induced on purpose my experience was awful

I got induced with all 3 of my kids

Wait I was induced pain awful full labor in ten mins touture

I would definitely wait

Wait. It’ll come when it’s ready!

Wait it out. You may not make it that long anyway.

Nope I would wait it out.

Wait. Being induced is horrible.

WAIT. Being induced was the worst experience for me. They said that the contractions are about three times more painful than normal contractions, I thought it wouldn’t be so bad since it was my first pregnancy and I had no prior contractions to compare it to. But they were so painful, you’re not allowed to eat, and it slows your labor because of the pain. I was running so low on energy, being hungry, puking everytime I took a sip of something, and then was so in and out of consciousness that they ended up prepping me for a c-section but I woke up just before they started so they had me finish out naturally and it was 24 hours of misery :joy:

7 Likes

if i could go back and change it all i wouldnt be induced. I wouldn’t even have a epidural.

Wait. Being induced is the worst

I was induced with 8/9

Wait, let nature . . .

Do a membrane sweep!

If your planning on getting an epidural then being induced isn’t so bad but without it is a bitch! Pitocin (what they use to induce labor) jumpstarts your uterus and oh boy does it hurt.

I would wait if not necessary.

Imo, inductions are more for the doctor, not the baby or mother. They want to make sure you’re not calling during their Saturday golf game. The baby will come when they’re ready :slight_smile: