Would you force your son to get rid of his mohawk for a wedding?

Tell the bride you knew how he had his
Hair styled and most likely has been around for awhile so I’ll be keeping his hair

1 Like

I wouldn’t. I would stick by my son. Now, look, the bride has every right to ask for whatever she wants even if it’s unreasonable BUT guests also have the right to say no and not do it or not go.

2 Likes

Let him keep his hair and he can just not be part of the wedding. HER LOSS.

Nope wouldn’t make him change anything about his other other then styling it for that day. If she doesn’t want him in the wedding party the way his hair is she can find a new ring bearer & he can be a guest.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be going to the wedding. Period.

2 Likes

Don’t do it. Tell her that he keeps it and is in the wedding or is just a guest.

1 Like

Since she decided to inform you on this 2 days before the wedding, I would simply tell her you won’t be able to attend since you will not force your son to change his hair. Good for you for standing up for your son, if she’s going to be crazy about it, I just wouldn’t go.

1 Like

Stand down, Momma Bear.

If your son wants to live outside the box, he must learn that sometimes he must forego somethings in order to live outside the norm.

Both the bride and the child can have things the way he or she wants.

He wants to keep his mohawk so he is not the ringbearer.

She wants a more traditional looking picture perfect wedding look so she can do without a ring bearer if the child refuses to remove the mohawk.

I think the right thing to do would be to ask your son whether he would rather keep the Mohawk or be part of the wedding?

And I would, very nicely, present the answer to the bride. No hard feelings.

Both the bride and the child should be able to keep his and her integrity.

They can each make his or her own decision.

No one is forced to compromise.

No problem.

Now wasn’t that easy…:slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

I wouldn’t make my child do either of those things honestly.

Nope find a new ring bearer then. I will not upset my child over something he obviously is very passionate about

1 Like

I’m hell noooo ! I would tell my “friend” that she needs to find a replacement then and pull your son out of the wedding, I would probably pull out too that would piss me off, not ok smh at all! How the f is his hair gonna ruin her wedding ? Ridiculous…

I guess she will have to find a different ring bearer then. :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

Absolutely not!! She’s being crazy.

1 Like

I absolutely would not shave it. Color can be changed a lot easier than that can. The bride should’ve discussed this with you MUCH sooner. My hair was Ruby red in my daughters wedding. I’ve had that colors for years. It’s a part of me as anything else and so is your sons hair a part of him.

2 Likes

Fedora??
Otherwise it’s staying!

1 Like

Nope! Nope. Nope. Don’t do either

I’d tell her find a different ring bearer then

I had bright pink hair when I was asked to be in 2 weddings in 1 year and I was more than happy to be on them but I wasn’t about to change my hair to please them, it’s who I am and I loved my pink hair so no, don’t shave it and don’t colour it. When she asked your son to be the ring bearer she should’ve assumed his hair would be what it is, either don’t go to the wedding or tell her that your not changing it and she can suck it up.
Pic of me at the wedding.

1 Like

Absolutely not. Would she shave her hair off for someone else’s wedding. It’s rude if her to even ask. She knew he has that type of hair when she asked for him to be apart of the wedding.

Absolutely NOT. I BELIEVE I’ve TAUGHT MY CHILDREN TO BE ABLE TO SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES. HES A CHILD FOR CHRIST SAKES :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:. I’D HAVE TO SPEAK MY MIND AND TELL HER TO SHOVE HER INVITE UP HER :peach:. THATS JUST ME THOUGH. SMMFH :woman_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

I’d ask him if he says no then pull him out of the wedding. She knew he had a Mohawk and it was dyed when she asked for him to be the ring. I wouldn’t make my son change for no one

4 Likes

Her wedding, his hair. If he doesn’t want to change it, he won’t be in the wedding. Both things are important to both people.

4 Likes

Your child comes before your friend. And that’s exactly what you tell her

3 Likes

If a child’s hair colour will ruin her whole day, she has bigger issues beyond being a bridezilla

4 Likes

Tell her to kick rocks and that she’ll need to find someone else to hold the rings. Feel sorry for the man that’s stuck with her till death.

2 Likes

I would absolutely ask him if he would rather not be the ringbearer or come up with a better compromise like a hat that he can takeoff after pictures.

I think it was very manipulative for her to ask two days before the wedding as if she thought she could twist your arm. And his for that matter…

13 Likes

I would comb it over, box dye it a dark temp color that washes out and tell him sometimes when you love someone you make sacrifices. If this was my best friend.

3 Likes

I’d give him the two options and if neither worked I’d tell her (your friend) he’s not going to be in said wedding and to find a new ring bearer. That’s just me though.

1 Like

Find another ring bearer 2 days before her wedding. His feelings about his image are more important than her feelings about his image.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t do it!
Tell her to get another ring bearer….and if she thinks this is short notice,tell her she knew how his hair was when she asked,so she has put herself in this predicament.

Let us know the outcome.

5 Likes

Nope- let him choose he loves his hair- who cares if he is the ring bearer and if they really wanted him to be they wouldn’t care about his way of walking in the world. Making him change himself to meet the demands of someone else is not a good lesson.

1 Like

No he had the Mohawk when she asked. That’s who he is and if she doesn’t like it he doesn’t have to be in the wedding period

5 Likes

No. I wouldn’t touch his hair in anyway. If it is a problem for her don’t attend.

She’d be finding a new ring bearer. This is not your issue, she should have considered that before she invited him to be a part of the wedding, not a couple of days before the big day.

7 Likes

I’d take my son out of the wedding and not attend lmao

5 Likes

Ew no, she needs a new ring bearer

3 Likes

I’m not making my kid change his whole hair style completely just for one day good for you mom

No why would u do that??? That just tells me ur ashamed of your kid to even ask this

If she wanted his hair different she should’ve considered that when she asked. I absolutely would NOT make him change it. It’s his hair. Seems like your friend needs to find a new ring bearer and fast

2 Likes

I would think them being your friends that they knew what his hair looked like before asking him to be a part of the wedding. So I’d just tell them no way my child is doing all of that for a wedding

Nope my kids come first if they don’t want to do any of that and doesn’t want to go then we’re not going

Umm if she’s your friend she would love your child unconditionally… Mohawk and all. She knew about his hair when she asked. Why is she trying to change him.

1 Like

Then I guess he isn’t going to be in the wedding. If she wants to be a bridezilla, that’s on her. If it were my son, he would keep his hair just the way he wants it.

3 Likes

Nope I’d be telling her to kick rocks . Sorry not sorry… two days before the wedding when she must have known his hair had been that way … I’d be telling it to find a new ring bearer or deal with his hair .

Nah. She knew about his hair when she asked.

Well it’s her wedding so I’d she doesn’t like your son’s hair she can do something else. It’s his hair and if he doesn’t want to do either than that’s that! MY son rocked has rocked a colored mohawk and a mullet. The Most I could Possibly do is throw on some colored hair spray and brush it too the side but even then I’d ask him.

Leave the kid alone - she could have addressed this earlier - if he chooses not to be in the wedding hood for him - she can now reimburse you for your costs and find another kid.

2 Likes

There’s 3 options:

1. He changes his hair style or colour and is the ring bearer.
  2. He loses the chance of being ring bearer and keeps his hair.
  3. He doesn’t go to the wedding at all and keeps his hair style.

I would tell the son his options and then also tell the bride to pick a new ring bearer or he doesn’t go to the wedding at all.

3 Likes

No I think she should understand and what about a top hat :tophat:

1 Like

I wouldn’t do it! It’s not fair for her to ask him to change hisself just to suit her expectations for one day. Tell her if she can’t accept it then find another ring bearer

His hair is just as important to him as her wedding day is important to her. I understand both sides. As his mother, no I would absolutely not make him change his hair. He just wouldn’t be in the wedding if it upsets the bride that much. She can make other arrangements.

2 Likes

Absolutely not! If your friend doesn’t love your son the way he is, she doesn’t deserve to have him in her wedding.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t attend such an uptight wedding.

1 Like

Pull out of the wedding party

1 Like

No way. No one is taking what my kid feels is their identity or a portion of their self worth. I would never ask anyone to do it either. Controlling your makeup too? No. I wouldn’t even go.

1 Like

Leave his hair alone if she can’t accept it then she needs to find another ring bearer please don’t do that to your son

She’s known his hair has been like that for a year. If she can’t accept that then why want him to be ring bearer?

1 Like

I’d tell the bride to suck it and if she doesn’t accept him y’all won’t participate

Nope. Fuck that.

My Son and I wouldn’t be attending the wedding at this point. I’d take him out for a day of fun instead.

“His hair is going to ruin her wedding” Speaks volumes to me.

If she can’t be understanding and her asthetic comes before my childs feelings…?
We can’t even be friends.

she knew what his hair was like right? when she asked for him to be in the wedding, which by the way isn’t just HER day, it’s also the groom’s day

2 Likes

If she asked him to be in the wedding then she should except him as he is. She knew how he wares his hair already so why ask him to change it just for the wedding? Except it or get someone to take his place.

1 Like

Third option-- not in wedding.
He was asked to be in the wedding with hair as is and is now imposing demands.

3 Likes

I straight up wouldn’t go :woman_shrugging:t3: good on you for defending your boy.

2 Likes

Honestly I feel that both your son and the bride are justified in their feelings. If he’s had this hair style and color when she asked…it should have been discussed at that time…not a few days before the wedding…hair cuts and color can also be changed and grown again…a wedding day is hopefully once in a lifetime. This is a good life lesson for your son.

We all sit here telling our kids to be themselves- if it’s so important to her - buy the kid a hat! I would not compromise any child’s self worth for a wedding that is 1 day!

2 Likes

Absolutely not, if you want them to be able to be themselves you can’t take that away from them at the moment it matters the most. It’s just hair and people have different styles. I would honestly just not go to the wedding or at least not be part of the ceremony

1 Like

I would put my child and his feelings first

I’d bow completely out of the entire wedding. I also would be bowing out of that friendship too. She had plenty of time to discuss this prior and give you the option to decline. She probably feels since it’s so close you will conform to her ridiculous wishes. Not this mama :purple_heart:

2 Likes

He’s 8 years old, YOU are the parent, NOT him. This is the problem with this generation, they think they get to call all of the shots. Change the color for the day! Are you really going to loose your friend over red hair that can be re-colored the next day! REALLY!

She should have mentioned her problem with his hair at least a month ago… 2 days before the wedding is not enough time to change his hair and still have it look good!
Can your son wear a nice hat like a fedora?

1 Like

I’m sorry, but putting everything else aside, If anyone came at me saying that my child’s “hair dilemma” was causing them a mental breakdown and that they said it would ruin their day, I would have said byeeee and pulled my whole family out. I agree it is the brides day, and she can request and want what she wants. However, you as the mother has ever right to put your foot down when it comes to your child. I personally would have told her that my kid wouldn’t be a part of the wedding and respectfully tell her to find someone else.

1 Like

Pull him out of the wedding. We hear all these stories about brides trying to force bridesmaids to cut their hair to a length brides desires and everyone agrees it’s ridiculous. After the wedding he has to live with that hair for quite a while. I’m also guessing he had that hair when he was asked to be in it. She’s known over a year his hair was like that. I’d just pull him from the wedding and let him keep his hair.

1 Like

Your son had his hair like that for a year I give your son major props with keeping it up on the cut and hair style I have a 8 and a 9 year old I try to fight with getting a brush comb or pic threw it some mornings with there bed hair but no tell your so called friend to grow up it’s hair he’s keeping it

Sounds like bridezilla. If it was my son, I would tell her she either accepts it or she can find another ring bearer. Personally, if it’s that big an issue, I wouldn’t go.

He’s 8 years old, has had his hair this way for a year. Shame on her for trying to change a child. Not her child, not her choice. I would not force him, as you try to promote your children in finding their own identity.

I wouldn’t do it. If that means she pulls him out of the wedding then so be it.

I’d be saying, sorry but if that’s how your feel please remove us from the guest list.

1 Like

No freaken way. Your friend is looking for a reason or someone to put the blame on for her wedding.

Tell your pretend friend to go f… herself! I would tell her she excepts my kid the way he is or she can really have a melt down when she has to replace all of you! My kids are way more important then any friends that act like that!:heart:

1 Like

He’s had this style and color for a year and she just now said something? Nope… if it’s a problem, she should’ve said something a long time ago.

I honestly would dip from the wedding. If she’s going to be a bridezilla and force him to do something he doesn’t wanna do, he’d be out of the wedding and I would be too. I feel like your child would be traumatized if you shaved his head for a one day event. It’s not even worth it in my opinion. And I don’t see the friendship lasting after that.

1 Like

Maybe let her read these comments!!!

Let son make the choice, since it has been his for all this time. If sister doesn’t want the mohawk in the wedding and son doesn’t want to change, then another ring bearer should be found.

1 Like

What about a Top Hat they lovely on kids for a wedding

1 Like

I would leave it up to him. If he doesn’t want to change his hair then he wouldn’t have to be in the wedding. I am assuming the bride has seen his hair before. Why wait until 2 days before the wedding? I would tell your friend he isn’t changing his hair and if she still doesn’t want him in the wedding, fine, you won’t be in it either.

Nope sure wouldn’t. I would inform said bride that if she wants to have a bridal party then she will let the Mohawk issue go entirely.
That your son became distraught at the discussion and his hair color will not by any means ruin your wedding. Because no one will care if an 8 year olds hair color ruins the aesthetic. If she wants it covered so badly then she can go purchase him a lovely hat to wear during the ceremony and for pictures after which point he will take off for the reception.

no way. she sounds like a witch. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

My sister’s first husband was offered $500 in the 90s to cut his mullet for his wedding from his family. He got married with that mullet because he was strong-willed (still is). This is totally my opinion, and if it is important to you, there is probably someone who could advise about the process to remove color and put it back after. If you invite my family or I to any function, we will dress appropriately, but don’t ask us to change how we look. IMO, no matter how formal, someone’s hair is not going to ruin the meaning of the wedding. But that is just me.

2 Likes

I would not force him to change it.

1 Like

She asked him to be in the wedding but didn’t bother to say anything about his hair until 2 days before? That was wrong of her (wrong to expect anyway but really wrong to wait until right before the ceremony. I’d just lay it out to your son - “There’s 3 choices. 1. Color your Mohawk temporarily 2. Shave it or 3. don’t be in the wedding.

2 Likes

I would tell her that I guess she needs to find a new ring bearer then.

1 Like

Tell the bride to find another ring bearer. Period. End of discussion.
It’s one thing to ask the Mohawk be slicked back and presentable but to change a hair style AND color… nahhhh. Let your little dude stand on his beliefs and they can find someone else to carry the little pillow with rings. :grin::grin::grin: she is having a melt down over HAIR?!?! Imagine the wedding day :expressionless::expressionless:

1 Like

Her wedding then fine, she can find another ring bearer in my opinion. Just because you are getting married does not mean you can dictate the personal lives of others.

I’d be all about it. My son was born with a Mohawk. But I get both sides. He shouldn’t have to change but it is her wedding and she should have it as she wants. Tough spot.

My opinion is you son is missing out on a life lesson. Doing for others can provide so much and build self confidence as well as learning to cooperate with others. Can he get a nice looking hat to wear?

Communicate and compromise if he’s in the wedding party he could just wear it down that day out of respect.

Not sure what his hair texture is like. Could his mohawk just be mostly down for the ceremony? Like not use any product to help it stand up? I feel like that’s the only compromise I would consider. Down for the ceremony and then let him put it up for the reception/party time. Otherwise nope, he doesn’t have to do it. I’d probably pull my whole family, but I don’t think I have a friend who would be so ridiculous.

1 Like

I’d never make my child change for anyone. Never

1 Like

That’s a hell no for me. I bet your sons hair looks epic. The bride can find another ring bearer, or grow up. :metal:t3:

4 Likes

Can he wear a hat? Don’t make him change who he is, our self expression is a big deal. People need to stop judging the unfamiliar or “not normal”. Girls can’t show their shoulders bc it’s a distraction, we can’t have nose rings bc it’s a distraction, ur hair has to be a normal color and style bc it’s a distraction! :roll_eyes: I mean I can’t have pink hair but u can draw on eyebrows?!
You are an awesome mom and you got this!!! Stand your ground!!!

1 Like