How often do you change your kids clothes?

Pajamas I let them wear 2, maybe 3 nights. Fresh pair after a bath/ shower.
Pants, jeans and sweaters can be worn twice if appearance is still clean, but fresh if day after bath night.
Shirts, undies, socks fresh pair every day.

Personally daily, I’m a little confused though and I hope I don’t sound insensitive, but even if you wash everyday or wash once a week I think they still should have at a minimum 7 outfits in the cupboard
Or as many days until you can access a washer or hand wash them
If a washing machine isn’t an option to purchase or hand washing perhaps a buy swap sell page for bulk baby clothes donation in the current size that way they can have a fresh set for each day until you have access
At that age I’m a little fussy on the smell of dribble on clothing or if they are getting a little sweaty during sleep… whatever works though the best part is that your asking advice and trying to be the best mum you can within individual circumstances :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

With Covid… we don’t go anywhere so every two days

3 Likes

I would consider rotating them. Wear on one day then wear again a few days later (if they’re not dirty. But if you’re not going somewhere, meh!

Depending on the age its not healthy to bathe them everyday its actually bad for their skin. Pediatrician and parenting classes taught me that. But honestly every 2 days if they are not outside then maybe 3 but my kids wipe with baby wipes instead of toilet paper. My girls are 10 and 9 and have hit puberty so they have to wash everyday change underwear everyday. PJ 2 to 3 times a week. Covid keeps us in so they can only be so dirty playing with toys, watching cartoons and hanging around the house.

You work with what life gives you. If the clothes are still clean that’s fine. I wash my laundry in our tub since we cannot afford laundry mat. No judgements here and my kids are 15 & 9

1 Like

Bath every night and new PJs. New outfit every morning

Daily showers. N change clothes Daily.

1 Like

When my daughter was newborn we changed her clothes constantly it seemed like. Probably 8-10 times a day because of spitting up or formula leaking. We stopped changing her that much around 6-7 months because she didn’t spit up very often. We still changed her at least three times a day. When she woke up we fed her breakfast and changed her clothes. She ate lunch, changed her clothes. She ate dinner, we did a bath and put pajamas on her. She’s three now and I change her clothes every morning and we do bath at night and put on pajamas. Of course if she gets dirty or has a accident throughout the day she gets changed.
But, I’ve been told multiple times I changed her too much and bathed her too much. We have always done a bath every night and it works for us. Whatever works for you.

Clean undies is definitely a daily thing, anything else gets washed if it’s got marks on it. If there’s no marks it gets the sniff test.

Depends honestly. If the boys are wearing like comfy clothes that can be passed for bed time clothes, they will typically wear that to bed on non bath nights. Other days, they wear PJs and stay in them until bath time and change into new PJs

I’ve always put pajamas at night our routine dinner bath Jammie and story then lights out

2 Likes

Mine run around in underwear (&t-shirt) … most days. If we leave the house they get dressed, but strip down the second they walk in the door.

1 Like

I give my kids a bath every night and they put new outfits on in the morning but they do reuse their pajamas for a few nights since they go on after their baths

2 Likes

Clothes? Mine like to be naked most of the time lol. Mine are 4,2 and 1… So judge away. But if we go outside or anywhere I dress them. And if they fall asleep in a shirt, they usually wear it the next day if it’s not dirty, so I’d say about every two days since we stay home majority of the time

1 Like

I bath my child every day new pj’s at bed time and new out fit every day so twice a day some times 3 it depends on the day

1 Like

Depending on how hard he has played, as long as he has not had any accidents, and his clothes are not visibly dirty or smelly shake his clothes out and fold or hang them up. If he’s only 1 you can easily hand wash his socks and underwear and hang them to dry. Those should be changed every day

At that age it’s easy. U can bathe em twice a week and they smell fine. When they reach like 8 yrs old. N start washing themselves is where and when it gets funky.

2 Likes

2 days is no biggie if no visible stains. New underwear daily tho. Bathing kids daily is unnecessary and not good for their skin.

1 Like

If you’re concerned about what others think you could always just put a new outfit on him & if the day before clothes are still good, put them back in the drawer. I don’t know why anyone cares, myself and my children will wear our same pajamas all weekend (all day) if don’t have anywhere to be

My kids change daily especially if we’re going out somewhere and at night they toss on some PJs and and throw their clothes in the hamper… mind you on low key no hockey or cottage weekends where we stay home they have been known to live in their jammies… my kids were puking machines and dirty bags always into something gross as littles so I couldn’t have had them in the same stuff daily. Mind you now I occasionally treat their clothes like mine if they just wear a sweater in the AM because it’s cold and take it off it gets worn again just usually not the next day cuz I’m super picky :woman_facepalming:t3: or same with jeans I don’t wash them every wear unless they are dirty or have been worn more than once

In this case, if the clothes are still clean and your just staying home who cares, wear them again. But most definitely dont wear clothes all day then to bed then again the next day. That’s yucky. Wear pjs. And my kids might wear pjs 2 or 3 nights in a row because they dont get dirty and are only worn for a few hours in bed. But my kids are crazy so we change them at least twice a day plus pjs. Then they have school clothes and play clothes. I normally don’t let them wear an outfit for more than one day unless we’re camping or having a lazy weekend or something like that. But who is anyone to sit there and judge anyone else? As long as the kid is clean and the clothes are clean and dont smell then do what you have to do.

I mean if they aren’t outside playing… i don’t see a problem with going 2 days. However, my kids know to wipe their butts with wipes to stay clean down there. Do they do it every time? Probably not. But if they aren’t outside playing and just inside than on the 3rd day they showe

To each their own, I suppose. I change my daughter’s outfit every day. Even with no washer and dryer. Most of the time I would hand wash her clothes and hang them on the shower rod to dry.

My LO is only 8 months old. I bath her every 2-3-4 days. Depending in the activities.
I keep her hands, creases, and privates clean daily tho. (Only because I seen this mentioned in comments)
She gets day clothes and pajamas. And sometimes I have to change her for a spill or whatever.
I will reuse pj’s. Provided
Obviously they are not soiled in any way.
Her day time clothes tho I don’t.
Those are fresh everyday. Mostly because she has a fabulous wardrobe, and i love dressing her.
I’m going to maintain this as she grows. But the bathing will become more frequent because she’ll be a busier body.

Tbh with you I do this. If I didn’t wear it for long and there are no stains and it smells fine I will wear it again before washing it. My son wears the same pajamas a few night in a row before we change them. And same with pants he will wear them a couple times before I wash them. He’s young so shirts/onesies don’t last more than a day. There is nothing wrong with doing this!

1 Like

We take a bath every other day so clean pajama every other day but we wash our bottoms and face everyday therefore clean underwear everyday. Outside clothes once a day.

1 Like

At the most from bedtime on day 1 to wake up day 3. But typically even without having laundry machines i try and get them to put clean clothes on everyday.

I think two days is fine as long as it smells fine and hes not dirty & your in that predicament. Have you ever considered hand washing his clothes in a sink? Even using hand soap would be better than none. Or even just rinsing with water. If you have a fence you can hang clothes to dry on that. Or hang them in the shower to dry. Ive been in the not having a washer or dryer and not living even remotely near a laundry mat, so i started hand washing stuff until we did. Kids/baby clothes are the easiest to do too. They dont get heavy like adult clothes do while soaking wet. Its a lot of work but better to have clean clothes than none.

2 Likes

Uh… I have a 5 yr old who hasnt left the house in a week and we are on day 4 of his spiderman pjs… - and ya we bathed and he put them back on🙈. Its like a jumper, so he calls it his sleeping costume lol.but as long as the kids healthy, loved and cared for who cares? Ya when we go out I make them put going out clothes on. Which for us means jeans, clean shirt and clean undies (everyday anyways)clean socks…when they get home they change BACK into play clothes/ pjs. I got wild boys if i didnt do it this way id be FOREVER buying and washing clothes.

7 Likes

When they were babies I’d let them go a day or 2 in their sleepers :woman_shrugging:t2:
Now that they’re older clothes usually aren’t clean enough to wear the following day. Jammies can go a couple nights :slight_smile:

If they change out of them into pjs and then back into them the next day cause they’re still clean then sure.
If this means they sleep in them too I find that really disgusting. Your bed would be full of germs from the day.
I PERSONALLY couldn’t handle that lol

But you do you. If your child is clean and taken care of then it’s really not anyone’s business.

Wait until you’re in the position like I wasn’t hurricane Michael no power at all in my city to wash clothes for days and I was forced to get bottled water and fill up tubs to clean my laundry with a husband changing clothes 3 or 4 times a day a child changing clothes three or four times a day me changing a couple times a day if I get food all over me or something. Trust me you learn to adapt in situations like that. I got to go without water before because I couldn’t pay my bill and I had to hand wash laundry and hang them out on the clothes line. there’s been times I’ve had to fill up my bathtub and stomp on my clothes and wring them out several times until they were clean and then hang them out.

It depends on how dirty their clothes get if still clean for another day would reuse always have clean socks and underwater for each day. Schools clothes the same but in most times they have to change their school shirts everyday.

my daughter has a new outfit everyday and pjs every night. sometimes since she just sleeps in the pjs she can wear them more than once but she has never stayed in the same clothes multiple days. some days she is so messy we change several times into new clothes

1 Like

My daughter is 19 months and usually runs around in a diaper and maybe a T-shirt 90% of the time. I do put her in clean pjs every night. She usually wears the pj shirt but not pants for half the following day. Unless it’s solid who cares? They’re babies. People need to relax.

No I change my kid everyday she’s a toddler , my son is 9 but he wears his clothes sometimes two days but he takes a bath every other day , I get annoyed he’ll wear the same clothes after a bath , I’ll make him change of course , he’s like “it’s not dirty “:joy:

with my daughters name brand and boutique clothes I spot clean them as much as possible or hand wash them to keep them looking new

As long as the clothes are clean and we havent gone out to a store or something where he would have been exposed to germs, I fold them back up when I put his pjs on him and back in the drawer. Sometimes he’ll wear the same pjs 2 or 3 days in a row also if he doesn’t get all sweaty. Problem with my son is he still naps about 2 hours a day and he sweats a lot in his sleep (keep the house at 74 and he has a fan) but he likes to be completely covered up so he gets sweaty. For that reason I always put the clothes in the dirty clothes but if he misses his nap or by chance that day didnt sweat much, ill reuse the clothes.

I only let my son wear his clothes one day but I do have a washer and dryer so much easier

I reuse pjs when possible for 3 nights usually.
But they do clean outfits everyday because its impossible for us to keep them clean
We live on a farm and they’re ages 9m, almost 2y and 6y

Do what feels right for you as a mom… praying your situation gets better. :slightly_smiling_face:

What ever works for you hun. Do not let the comments of strangers bring you down and make you feel crap.! At the end of the day as long as your son is clean, tidy, fed and happy then your doing an amazing job :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m saying that my 9 yr old will wear the same pjs for a week and his clothes well he doesn’t seem to care if he wears the same outfit twice in a row as long as it doesn’t smell or have food on it.!
My 4 yr old is a soo and will change every time he gets something on him :woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging::woman_facepalming::joy:

1 Like

We don’t have a washer on dryer here on our apts we have to pay at the laundry room we have so I always put clean clothes on every morning & and at night clothes.

Its my opinion that You should be changing him every day and night and bathing him every day atleast every other day, but going one or two days without isnt neccessarily bad but babies get dirty fast and poop and spit up and get in dirt and have food all iver them quite often.
If you dont have a washer ir dryer just wash then by hand in the tub and hang then to dry.
Hes a year old so his clothes are small and easy to wash.

1 Like

Hell; sometimes we go the entire weekend in the same outfit if we don’t go anywhere. Unless it’s totally gross and disgusting we veg out regularly. :woman_shrugging:t3: No shame.

6 Likes

The best way to preserve their dignity is to not wear the same thing twice even though they might wear it twice before you wash it.

1 Like

Uh depends how messy they get. my 4yo changes her clothes on her own so I don’t worry about her. my 18mo though I change every other day unless we go somewhere or the clothes are completely dirty or stinky

Change clothes everyday bath/shower everyday regardless of leaving the house and getting dirty. Should change their underwear everyday.
Teaching them proper hygiene

1 Like

Change clothes everyday. Bathe at least every other day.

It’s totally possible to handwash clothing, and let it air dry. I’ve done it before.

There’s no shame in the struggle. Just make sure your little is happy clean and healthy, and their environment is safe❤️

4 Likes

My 16 yr old is disgusting :joy: he will stay in the same gym shorts with no shirt on and not shower for like 3 or 4 days until im like dude take a shower and change his response is always I didnt even go anywhere today… safe to say he enjoys quarantine :woman_shrugging::joy::joy::joy: as a mom you pick your battles especially with a 16 yr old wanna be nasty thats on you not me

It’s not a big deal to wear clothes 2 or 3 days in a row especially if they arent in school. Once they start school though they need different clothes everyday. No one wants to be the kid that wears the same thing 2 or 3 days to school to be made fun of.

1 Like

Jeans get reused 2 or 3 days if they didnt get gross shirts socks and underwear changed daily pajamas depends on if he actually wears then to sleep in or not my child tends to sleep in his underwear he is 7 he gets a shower every other day sometimes on day 3 depending on what we are doing lately he just gets a quick shower to make sure he is clean wherever he needs and is done because we havent been leaving home we have been reading and playing with legos or doing homework we havent even left home to do groceries because they have been being delivered

1 Like

Depends on how dirty she is or the clothes are…I tend to draw the line at 2 days in a row (even if she pushes for 3 in a row) for a fairly clean outfit.

Sometimes times are rough I would at least change his underwear everyday and wash clothes in the tub. Good luck to you mama!

2 Likes

I’d say as long as the clothes are visibly clean and don’t smell, and that his skin isn’t having a reaction of any kind that it’s fine. You could wash clothes in a sink by hand and air dry though if you’re hesitant about it.

1 Like

Everyday and Clean PJ’s at night. Why wouldn’t you be able to go wash clothes at the laundromat?And baby clothes are so tiny you could be washing by hand.

2 Likes

Mom you are doing you, if not dirty so be it, mine is 18 yrs old now, but I gave him bathes like 3/4 times a week depending on if he was outside or not. If the clothes don’t stink or got spots all over don’t worry bout it just love that baby and do what is best for you.

4 Likes

Pjs. Day clothes. Pjs again. Repeat daily. Going to bed in street clothes is ick. And the same underwear…no. He’s too young for the undies part but still teaching proper hygiene etc.

My daughter showers an changes everyday morning an night, but don’t listen to any negative comments you do what you want with your child!:relaxed:

2 Likes

My child is 20 months old and I change his clothes like 2 or 3 times a day as needed. He takes a bath everyday so obviously that’s one of the times or if we’re going to the store I get him out of pjs or if he gets dirty When my son was approaching 1 y.o it was the same 2-3 maybe more because when he went #2 I didn’t like the scent it left on the clothes… I think a baby shouldn’t be in clothes that long 2 full days I mean how often does he get a bath? I don’t have a washer or dryer either but for that reason I have a bunch of clothes for him and I and I don’t go until I absolutely have to which is about every 2 weeks

1 Like

Why not hang up or have a drawer for “second day clothes” :slight_smile: if it’s clean the next day, it should be okay to wear a few days later !

2 Likes

if he wears underwear change them regularly. other than that you should be fine but i wouldnt go longer than 3 days. i pray you guys situation gets better.

1 Like

You could always wash clothes in the sink. But, my kids change clothes daily unless it’s a “lazy” day then they wear pjs all day and change the following day

2 Likes

Every day and if they. Get dirty multiple times a day and pijamas at night.

1 Like

I have a three year old. She gets new clothes everyday, but she may wear pajamas two days in a row.

1 Like

I change my kids clothes when they get dirty and after having a bath which is every 2nd night before bed or whenever he needs one, I’m honestly very lax about clothing right now and it’s what he’s comfortable in, I’m
Not dressing him up in a shirt and jeans to go play in his room, he can keep on his t shirt and sweatpants as long as they’re not visibly dirty and as long as they smell fine :hugs:

2 Likes

My son couldn’t wear anything more than a day.He was all boy and I couldn’t keep him out of the woods or creeks!

We change our clothing everyday

Pajamas maybe 2 or 3 days

Every morning and night sometimes more often new pjs every night.

You do what works for you though :blush:

2 Likes

If hes one and not running around getting dirty and stinky or ruining his clothes then why not. As long as they are past the spit up stage and not getting food all over them its really not gonna be a big deal. Do what works best for you but also just be smart about it. Heck if they are 1 and home all day might just he easier to let them run around in just a diaper.

2 Likes

I could only bathe my kiddos every other day or so bc of skin problems… let alone if they latched onto a new favorite pj set… esp when they look almost like costumes I would have to wait until mine fell asleep to take off new shoes! … just do your best… i still do the smell test lol…

2 Likes

Hold up you can get your kid to willingly wear clothes?

6 Likes

We change clothes everyday. Its just a routine thing for us. Our kids are used to changing from pj’s to play clothes even when we are just at home all day.
I have to bathe them almost everyday because we go outside and they get messy & smelly lol

1 Like

Look I have 4 kids I’m raising and work full time. If my 4 yr old wears the same thing a couple of days in a row on the weekends, I could care less. They do go to daycare so I change them every morning, but yeah, most nights she falls asleep in what she wore that day. My kids are happy and healthy and know they are loved. It’s a lot more than some kids have, so I’m good. Don’t let some of these women on here make you feel less of a mom bc I’m sure you’re a good one. The fact that you asked shows you are worried about being a good mom. How many times a child changes their clothes does not determine the kind of mother you are

5 Likes

My daughter’s sometimes wear the same outfit for maybe 2 or 3 days before I give him a bath and change him it all depends on yeah my two-year-old if one day she just plays inside for the whole day watching movies there’s no need to change it now she goes outside and gets muddy that’s a different story you know and my four-month-old shoot unless she spits up or poops in it that onesies good for a couple of days I don’t see a problem with it at all I mean I do the same thing and sweatpants what’s the difference

1 Like

Everyday for us. Sometimes twice if he plays outside and gets dirty. Lol I would maybe wash clothes in the sink <3

4 Likes

My kids wear clean pajamas & underwear at night then clean day clothes & underwear during the day. Sometimes they change during the day.
I understand your situation though. If you don’t have a washer & car then it’s really difficult & expensive to use a taxi to go to a laundry mat. Is it possible to get a washer/dryer? If so check with charities near you. They might be able to help you get a set. If that’s not an option maybe a neighbor would be willing to let you use their washer?

1 Like

Have a 4 and almost 8 year old. Get dressed every morning before school or after breakfast on weekends into clean clothes. Have a shower/bath every night and put on clean pjs. Due in a month with #3 and will change her clothes everyday (plan to anyway). With your situation not having a washer or dryer it’s harder. Do what you need to do.

Do what you would do with your clothes

I do every day and every night changing new clothes. I don’t see anything wrong with what you are doing it’s not like you are neglecting them. Sometimes you have to do what you have to do

2 Likes

Change clothes everyday. Bath every other

I change my 4 year old and try to bath him every day (mostly cus elearning… dont want him in the same clothes on camera with his teacher lmao)
But the weekend if we’re juss at home he can stay in the same clothes for a day or two, no biggie.
And you can only wash clothes so often so as a mom we gotta do what we gotta do no judgment neccessary, there shouldnt be at least. As long as they’re clean, fed, healthy, and happy who cares if theyre in the same thing for a couple days.

I don’t think it matters how often I do because if I didn’t have a washer and dryer it would be less. Now it’s daily as we have a washer and dryer in our home and we have pets and no amount of vacuuming and what not keeps us from being covered in pet hair daily. When my daughter was 4-6 we had a one bedroom apartment with no hookups and I went to the laundry mat on Saturdays… I tried to keep our laundry as minimal as possible to save money so if it wasn’t visibly dirty and didn’t smell I didn’t wash it except undergarments those were changed daily and washed after each use.

Clothes technically aren’t supposed to be washed every wear. I just do it out of habit. Lol
However, if it’s something my kid loves to wear, (favorite pajamas, etc) , I don’t wash them til I can smell them or they look dirty. Lol

2 Likes

ehh pants are worn 2 days in a row at max. shirts if its clean take it off wear it not the next but he day after. socks ive done 2days in a row. and underwear (my oldest is 5) we do over other day cause we get bath every other day…tho with a 1 year odl…unless i go out id just let them run in a diaper :woman_shrugging:t2:

Change Pjs and clothes everyday. Baths every other unless they get dirty then everyday. Definitely change there underwear every day too!

1 Like

I have an almost two year old and he goes through about two-three outfits a day. He is a messy eater and loves to play outside in the dirt and woods. If they don’t smell and it’s not visibly dirty. You do you!

My one kid has been in/put back on the same clothes for up to 4 days because of sensory issues. But my 2 yr old was always in his diaper in the summer unless we went out… Which didn’t happen much this year :joy::rofl:

1 Like

My sons clothes are like his own personal fabric garbage disposal so I HAVE to change his clothes at least twice a day. But if I could help it he’d stay in the same clothes all the time lol! You’re doing great!! YOURE the mama nobody else

They wear the same night clothes but change daily…

New clothes and PJs everyday. We change for going out if we leave. Get rinsed and changed when we come inside from playing. But I seriously am so exhausted every other day is sounding good!

1 Like

My Nana birthed and raised 7 children at home. She used a wash tub and hung them on a line. She was a single mother and poor during the war. You can imagine how tough it is. There is always a way to keep our babies clean and fed, we just need to be smart.

2 Likes

Fresh clothes every morning an fresh PJs at night. Kids play hard they sweat an get into everything. If we haven’t left the house all day we sometimes just do baths every other night but normally we do baths nightly.

I’m right there with ya momma

2 Likes

Up to you really. As long as the clothes don’t smell and don’t have fresh food stains I can’t see an issue. My kids change their clothes every day but I do have a washer and dryer so it’s a different situation.

2 Likes

I change them into normal clothes every morning and they shower daily so I change them into Clean PJ’s every day after bath. Then the same thing the next day. Whatever they wear goes in the dirty clothes even if it’s clean. I used to do the same when I didn’t have washer and dryer. You do what’s best for you though.

1 Like

Bathe twice a day. Change clothes every day.

5 Likes

Everyday is different
We change and bathe accordingly, when we are dirty, smelly, or have somewhere to go :grin::woman_shrugging:t4:

4 Likes