How to get rid of lice?

Tea tree oil shampoo or put pure tea tree oil in all your current shampoo to keep them away. I got headlice from a friend who came to stay with her little girl. I had to vacuum, and spray my whole house, and wash all bed linen, and pillows everything was ran through the dryer twice. I got a lice treatment kit and made everyone stay outside while I treated our hair, and strip down in the garage and threw everything in a bag then ran and washed the clothes that were worn during treatment. Thankfully I haven’t had to deal with lice since like 2006 hopefully you get it sorted

Combing is going to be so important. Anything that can smother them and be left on; mayo, coconut oil, conditioner, etc; leave it on then comb thoroughly. You’ll have to do that at least once daily.A thorough cleaning of everything they have been in contact with as well. There is furniture spray you can buy to take care of couches, mattresses, and the like that can’t go in the washer. Also, a drop or two of tea tree oil in their shampoo can help keep them at bay once you get rid of them.

Just wondering wth makes ppl get lice? Educate me

It’s expensive but you gotta buy the spray for all the furniture and beds. Wash every piece of bedding and laundry. Put stuffed animals through the dryer on highest heat they can have. Bag up any soft or stuffed toys that can’t be washed or put through the dryer and leave them in bags for 30 days. After treating everyone’s head, add a few drops of tea tree oil to shampoo and conditioner and then repeat entire process in 7 days.

1 Like

Comb the hair with a lice comb morning and night you can wash everything but combing is the absolute only way to get them out. They will be gone after 2 weeks of combing. I do a month off 2x combing. Then treat with tea tree oil every day for the rest of the school year. Keep the boys hair in a close bald fade

1 Like

Antibiotics. We all had a bad case years ago and the pedi prescribed it for everyone

This is going to sound abnormal but Mayo works extremely well. When my oldest was in band 2012 they shared hats and she brought it home to her mother and sister, all three with long hair to their butts. They were infested, My wife tried everything but then used mayonnaise and wrap their heads in plastic bags for the whole day like a shower cap. Stopped the madness.
My whole life I used hair gel never once got it.

If they’re resistant, try a Ladybugs elimination kit. It works for super lice (yes that’s a thing). Great Clips sells it. It’s expensive, but it works.

Tea tree oil and a nit comb!

Go to a CVS or Walgreens’s and speak to the Pharmacist

The lice clinics are your best bet. They give family discounts and if you have state assistance they give discounts for that as well! Good luck!! I have hair down to my butt and my grandkids gave us lice and I swear I spent more in the shampoos to get rid of them than I did at the clinic and nothing helped! They do a heat treatment to kill all the eggs and bugs them comb everything out and put some oil mixture in your hair. They say leave the oil in your hair while you go home and clean everything and you won’t get them again

It took about six weeks, picking four hours a night on two girls long hair to get rid of them. And a few still popped up for two weeks more. Honestly, I’d shave them

Please just take them to the doctor they will give you prescription grade lice medication and you will have to treat everything I am talking about everything

Mexican soap. Zote. Every other day. Make a line and wash their hair. Let it get foamy for at least seven min. Then rinse with your normal shampoo. You’ll see them dead after. Then just comb the dead ones out. It’s important you do it every other day. By the first wash you’ll see that they will itch soooo much less.

Wassh everything i mean everthing lice medicine and also eucalyptus oil helps

Tea tree oil get most recipe on YouTube

It’s nothing to play with

Tea tree oil and lots of nit combs

Use mayonnaise on them for two weeks or more wash in the morning and pick out any eggs you can see do it for two weeks it should work

Taramira oil can kill them strong smell leave on hair and follow the instructions it does help

The easiest way is Hellman’s real mayo. Slather it on thick, put a plastic bag on the hair for at least 30 minutes, then comb through with a lice comb - you can spritz the hair with a small amount of water if needed in the long hair . . The rest is wash sheets in hot water and dry on hot, vacuum the house at least 2 times a day - including mattresses, and dry sheets on hot cycle each time you vacuum. Obviously after the mayo treatment you’ll want to wash those towels in hot water and dry on hot, then after shower/bath dry the towels on hot . Try to keep up with laundry daily because they will stay on the clothes but as long as you dry them on hot cycle and do the other things, you should be rid of them quickly.
(If you can get some Young Living tea tree oil it will work wonders for keeping them away :heart:)

Spray All soft surfaces w the Red label of raid, treat the girls and shave the boys. Quickest safest way.

Get jars of coconut oil, mash it into the hair from roots to tip, and make sure the entire head of hair is completely saturated in the oil. Wrap the hair in a grocery bag, and tie as tight as you can, to keep it on your head, and to help to keep it from dripping. (The tighter, the better.). I took in a foster kiddo, and my family of six ended-up with head lice. Because I live out in the country, I couldn’t get ahold of enough product from the store; so I took to the Internet, and searched for home remedies. This one worked like a charm! I repeated it for a few days, doing the same thing- (just make sure you really use tons at the crown of the hair and towards the back of the scalp and behind the ears.). I didn’t even have to pick the nits out with a comb. I just kept repeating the coconut oil on a daily basis, and it killed all of the lice that had hatched, until we finally killed everything. (Also good to note- three of us had hair to our butts.). I WISH that I had known about this years sooner- it was a breeze! (Also, important to know… the head-lice treatment that they sell in the stores is neurotoxic. So make sure you carefully read the instructions and the warning labels before using RID or other over the counter treatments that use Pyrethrin. It’s really bad snd dangerous stuff.). The coconut oil route is totally safe, and effective. Best of luck! :slightly_smiling_face:

The old remedy was kerosene combed through then washed out, worked a treat

Mayonnaise then remove the nits

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How to get rid of lice? - Mamas Uncut

3 Likes

Puppy flea and tick shampoo every other day for 2 months

3 Likes

go to a lice removal center, and wash every piece of bedding in hot water, vacuum any fabric sofas, and spray with lice spray. good luck!

Old school remedy kerosene and vineger. Our folks used it on us in the seventies and I’m still alive. Only downfall is it stinks and strips the hair. But kills them.

Coke pour it and comb all of it out and then clean everything that the hair could have touched

Ladibugs is an all natural head lice treatment. You can but the kits that include a spray for areas not treatable in the wash, such as mattresses and sofas. It does work wonders and can be bought at Target.

In my family there was only four of us and everyone got a short haircut and EVERYTHING in the house was washed and sanitized. We all went through each other’s hair with combs after delicing. It was about four or five days of this.

You have just pulled them out? No need for chemicals. My son caught lice back to back in the 2nd grade. I pulled everything out when I noticed it and the next day after school he had it again…shaved his head after that. Head shaving isnt ideal for everyone of course but it certainly was effective.

Wash their hair…rince…then spray distilled vinager…a much bigger problem will be doing your house.

For the boys just shave off there heads and throw away or replace any pillows and blankets

Coconut oil, put in hair wrap it up. Over night, wash out next day.

Call the health dept and see if they will treat everyone. In out town they’ll do it cheap, comb everything out, do it all

Flea and tick shampoo. Trust me it works wonders

1 Like

1: CUTTING HAIR DOES NOT PREVENT LICE, NOR DOES IT REMOVE THEM.
2: Get Nix brand lice removal kits, 1 kit for every 2 people (so for your family, 5 total kits). Follow the instructions carefully, paying special attention to combing out hair carefully & in small sections.
3: Wash all bedding, blankets, pillows, stuffed animals, hats, and anything else a head could possibly touch on the highest heat setting possible.

All the rubbish that’s toxic are expensive.
Trust me use mayonnaise

1 Like

I had to shave my kids head

(Dandruff shampoo) and blue dawn dish soap with white vinegar…

Shave both there heads

Smother their heads in coconut oil. Leave in overnight. Or at least 9 hours. Then shampoo out. Should kill them and suffocate them. That’s what I do.

Semen. Large amounts of semen

No need to consult expensive doctors

Shave your heads and burn everything!!!

RID from CVS drug store.

I would shave their heads and burn the hair.

Use anaise everyday. It will help prevent it

Lather in coconut oil wrap overnight and wash

https://www.amazon.com/Removal-Complete-Furniture-Elimination-Solution/dp/B06XGC9SYL

Clear enzyme shampoo

Use lisil shampoo it will surely works

Dr. BRONNERS PEPPERMINT OIL CASTEEL SOAP. YOU CAN GET IT AT ANY HEALTH FOOD STORE OR WALMART. IT WORKS. THEY ALSO HAVE TEA TREE OIL CASTEEL.SOAP TOO. IT LIQUID AND IT HAS THE DILUTION RATIO ON THE BOTTLE.

Mayo and a showercap

Just keep doing the treatment

You need to make sure you clean all bedding pillows ect as well. Good luck hope you get rid of the little bastards soon

Mayonnaise all over hair and put a plastic bag like over night and in the morning wash it off and they will be dead.

Nix over the counter

Vinager and baby oil

I took my to a place call the lice lady she guarantee her work for 30 days we shave our boys only took the girl don’t know where you are she is in Athens it worked for us she even show you how she does it her her number is 1-800-324-5423 maybe theirs one where you at

Coca cola or mayonnaise

Put everything that can’t be put through the washing machine in black trash bags outside in the sun for at least 2 to 3 days. Make sure they are tied tight. The lice will suffocate. Anything that can go in the washing machine, wash and dry on the hottest settings. Everything your heads have touched needs treated. Vacuum couches, chairs, mattresses, etc a few times. They used to sell RIT shampoo at the drug stores and at walmart. It smells horrible, but it kills the lice and comes with a tiny comb to use to get the nits out.

Lube. Regular ole lube. It suffocates the little bastards and loosens the eggs from the hair so you can comb them out. Wash all bedding everyday for a good 2 weeks and bag up any stuffed animals, toys, ect and put outside for 2 weeks.

Nitty gritty head comb, tea tree hair products

Put all their stuffed snimals in black garbage bags…c spray mattresses and pillows with lice spray a clean cleanclean.wash all dirty clothes up and even spray car down withlice spray…alsobe sure to speak to your childs best friends parent to give heads up because if they don’t check their children and they hang with your kids they probably got them also wi
Hich means next week yours eill hsve again

Only thing that worked when we were kids was Suave coconut shampoo and conditioner plus a nit comb. None of the specialized stuff worked. Something about the coconut killed them. Plus it’s cheap and you smell super good!

1 Like

If your children have smooth hair a robi comb could be worth a look. Worked great on my kids and are apparently still available. A small initial outlay saved me heaps of money in the long run. I just combed all the kids hair morning and night killing all lice and new ones as they hatched. The comb is fine, like a regular metal nit comb so wasn’t great on course thick hair.

Wash all bedding and put stuffed animals in bags for 14 days. Spray mattresses, pillows and couches with lice spray and anything else you can’t wash. Wash all fabrics in their rooms and around the home. Vacuum, sweep and mop. Make sure you spray the cars too. It’s a lot of work and it’s not just treating their hair and being done. That’s why so many people continue to get it.

1 Like

Comb them out with conditioner then don’t wash your hair as often… my daughter got them when she was 4 and I only wash her hair once/twice a week and she’s not had them since (she’s 8 now)

Metal long tooth nit comb and lots of conditioner and comb it out its the most effective way. Treatments don’t work

Boil som anise star seed and put that in a water bottle … thus stuff kills and repels I swear by it . Every shower I’d have my girls comb with a bit comb while they had conditioner in the hair still then spry the star seed water to style the hair.

Also seen this https://homemaking.com/hannah/how-get-rid-lice-fast-coke/

Oh no! I feel for you! Tee tree oil in conditioner and a head lice comb. That’s such a hand full. See if you have a friend that will help you. Good luck

1 Like

If u can’t get it under control with the shampoo or even prescription shampoos call a dermatologist their is a pill they can give u n it actually works…

1 Like

MOUTHWASH!!! I had foster kids that were so bad… months of daily combing and picking and i tried everything under the sun… then i tried mouthwash. Gone!

1 Like

They like perfect body temps and clean hair
Use blow dryer everyday
Put some products in hair so it’s not clean like some oils or super skinny or gel
Bag everything cloth stuffed animals
Pillows on high heat in dryer
Hope this helps

My granny always put mayonaise in our hair and left it overnight then washed in the morning it suffocated the lice and got rid of it fast

1 Like

Tea tree, neem and black walnut. Google stuff

1 Like

Spend the day doing it! Go through all kids one at a time. While doing their heads, wash every thing on the bed. If you have removable/washable couch cushions wash them. If not, spray the mess out of it with vinegar or alcohol. Alcohol dries the bugs out and they die. But you have to remove nits/eggs. Olive oil also dissolves the exoskeleton of the louse. Leave it on the head over night(go to dollar tree and get shower caps) rinse with vinegar the next morning. Make sure to get a bit comb. Do small sections and dont just comb down. Comb up, down, left and right. Dont forget to treat your car! And if you ever thought of drowning the bugs, it takes 14 hours so swimming doesn’t help. Lol.

1 Like

Tea tree oil. Putting tea tree oil in their shampoo will also help prevent them from getting it in the future

1 Like

You guys are the b0mb​:+1:t5::heavy_heart_exclamation:

HEAT! Flat Iron and blow dry

1 Like

My mom used dog shampoo :joy: it was gone that same day. I have heard it is bad for children, but not sure why really. I never had any harm done.

Put Mayo in your hair and let it sit there overnight. After you wash that out drench your hair with like tea tree oil and let it sit

If the lice are still there after proper treating they are getting reinfected. Double check all household items and treat everything. Also remember if they see people outside the house those people may also have it

The one true thing that has always worked for my family when all else fails is called: lice MD…its more of a oily consistency so it makes combing easier. I was able to treat myself without help.
Get some tea tree oil shampoo and conditioner or just get the essential oil and add it to shampoo…lice are not fond of tea tree oil. Use this DAILY!!!
Aside from that all stuffed animals, coats, hats, clothing, pillows or blankets you cant wash need to go into a plastic bag for 2 weeks. Everything else you can wash or just dry.
Vacuum everyday, multiple times if you can.
Boil all brushes/combs.
I have dealt with lice way too many times in my life to count :disappointed: been a while since the last time we where infected (10yrs) thank god. Lice is the worst, hopefully you got some good ideas here :green_heart:

Mayonaise: totally saturate hair, cover with plastic bag let sit for 1 hour…wash with regular shampoo with 3 drops tea tree oil

I spray my daughter’s long hair with tea tree oil every day and flat iron it. It’s also the only shampoo and conditioner she uses. I spray everything down with lysol. The prescription wash works the best. Also I send her with a trash bag to school. They all hang their back packs together so she wraps hers in a trash bag before putting it on her hook. Take all the stuffed animals pack them in a trash back and cover it in lysol.

Nix dry lice shampoo I’m so serious I used it on my thick azz curly hair and my son’s thick curly hair before we cut it took leaving it in over night but dang sure worked for us.
Wash it out the next day then lice comb it again.
Thick hair do it in small part or you’ll never get them turds out. Then get the lice spray at the dollar store just a metal can aluminum whatever. Spray the hell out of your house everywhere you can rooms beds put bed covers in washer and dryer stuffed animals in dryer twice heat kills them also when you are done washing the lice out of hair blow dry for a few or for as long as they let you in high for 15 mins I did with my hair it helps speed the killing up.

Rid kit at your local Walmart

I am so sorry my daughter had it twice. An she had long thick I cant stress it was so thick. My heart breaks for you.

Tea tree oil in the carpets, empty vacuum out sides.

Fairy tales shampoo and spray daily for 30 days

Spray the bedding every day after washing at the laundry mat that way you have everything washed at one time.

Deep deep clean

They will go away it will take some time

Mayonnaise on the hair all day or all night while you clean and wash everything

I put vaseline on their hair . girls hair gets braided with it on. It suffocates the lice and prevents them from moving. I leave it on for 2 to 3 days wash it off as best as i can and after a few showers the hair gets back to normal.

My daughter just went though it I did olive oil and tea tree and lavender essential oils mixed and soak their hair 12 hours wash with lice prevention shampoo and repeat for a few days and also need to get out every lice u can find on their head

Day of treatment all needs to he treated the hotter the better. Bag cloths blankets tie tight 48 hours in the heat or dry on high heat. All needs to be treated and wiped down.

Listerine and tea tree oil!