Is it normal that I think I hear my baby cry when he isn't?

Its completely normal I did this with all 3 of mine

You’re on alert,and new mom sensitive, imagine still being that way 37 years later.

Is it possible your monitor could be picking up a neighbor’s ? I’ve heard of that happening.

I’d be more concerned with new baby and you are smoking. And your baby is only 2 weeks old.

2 Likes

You could be on the same frequency as someone else’s baby monitor?

Perfectly normal. It will stop eventually.

That is the way mamas are for the first child

It’s the first mom jitters

It’s just like phantom phone vibrations, your mom senses are tingling

Happen to me as well they wouldn’t even be home and I would hear them

Yep, you’re a certifiable nut bag. Lol. :laughing::sweat_smile::rofl: ( just kidding, I swear ) The real answer is that this is completely normal, especially with being a brand new mommy. Don’t worry, it gets easier. Good luck and congratulations.

1 Like

I would sometimes wake my baby up because I felt like she slept too long

1 Like

You’re normal momma, or we’re all crazy together😂

1 Like

Keep him close they stop breathing die of Sid we lose a four month little boy

I did the same thing. I promise it will get better​:+1:t3::blush:

Mommy ears my doctor told
Me it might mean I’m stress and exhausted
Go figure new mom lol

It’s normal! You’re a great Mom!

I think I hear my kids yell mom and I answer they look at me like I’m crazy, lol

It happens to all of us and normal.

Normal new mommy anxiety. Happens to many of us.

This is you being a concern new mother

Reminds me of one of those nanny movies. Get rid of the nanny shes messing with your head

New momma paranoia. Every good momma experiences this.

#Parenthood not just #motherhood

Totally normal. Relax and enjoy your newborn.

It happens…nothing wrong with you

Thats means u need a babysitter and take a break for the night

New mommy jitters perfectly normal

Talk to your ob could be ppd

Sleep deprivation, you just need some rest

One of those motherhood things! Very common

Phantom crying happens all the time

Used to happen to me all the time.

Dream. Maybe a waking dream. Don’t worry. You aren’t crazy! Yet.

I don’t care how tired u r. If u think u hear. CHECK

I still wake up in the night thinking my 3 year old is sometimes. It was so so bad when he was young. But yes very normal.

Sleep deprivation is real.

Definitely normal. :heart:

It is completely normal and common

I’m a seasoned mom of 4 ranging in age from 20 to 5 months and I still think I hear my baby cry sometimes and he is out cold.

It’s normal ! No worries momma !

And this won’t go away for many many years

Welcome to motherhood …

I have a 5 month old and I call it “phantom baby cries”. I usually wait a minute to really focus on my surroundings, and make sure she is crying, before I get up. I get phantom baby kicks in my tummy too. It’s weird, but I think it’s normal :woman_shrugging:t2:.

Could be a warning. Stay close to your baby.

It’s perfectly normal, but if it worries you, talk to your childs pediatrician or your family doctor.

Normal, don’t worry. Happens often.

Happens to me all the time

Normal. Even when older you’ll think you still hear them.

There could be sound waves in the air that you are hearing…left over from the last time!?

It’s new mommyitis. Totally normal!

First child nature mate don’t stree your not crazy lol

Be glad you are home. If you work in a hospital nursery or daycare center, you hear babies crying all of the time

That happened with my first baby. It’s like some kind of new mommy brain fog.

It’s completely normal!

Not only did this happen to me with my son but it’s happened with other people before. I heard my dad calling me He lived w my sis and one afternoon I heard him calling me. I called my sis snd asked where our dad was. She said he was sleeping. She went to check on him snd he was having a heart attack. Don’t beat yourself crazy but follow your intuition. Keep checking. Sometimes it’s real. My dad said I saved his life.

This is First Baby paranoia. Will pass in few months or with 2nd kid.

Stop smoking. You have a baby now. Hope you didn’t smoke while you were pregnant. Smh.

It’s psychological. It gets better.

Happened to me too!!! LOL!

What does your psychiatrist think?

Hi ,iam from syria we left our House becuse of war , I live with my family in a camp near turkish border
Can you help us

Think of it like an earwig.

My babe is 8.5 months & I still think I hear him cry when he isn’t. Its okay it’s a Mama thing. We are here for the love :heart:

1 Like

Its totally normal girl

1 Like

No that’s normal lol

I’m 4 years in and still hear my son cry when he isn’t lol. It was worst the first year of his life but still happens all the time lol

Mines 13,8,5 I still get this :rofl::see_no_evil: its normal

1 Like

:laughing:
Wait until you run out of the shower fully soaped

11 Likes

Whatever that is I have it and my baby is 5 months now

I think it’s normal. I used to hear my son cry too lol

3 Likes

I haven’t even had my baby yet (5 months pregnant) & I dreamt last night she was crying. It felt too real lol. I feel like it’s anxiety

Wait til you jump off the toilet un-wiped :scream::scream::scream:

4 Likes

Normal…my babies are older and I still can hear crying

Mum instincts are like no other
Wait until baby is walking and you’re in a supermarket
Every child that shouts mum suddenly becomes in need of you checking lol
X

3 Likes

It happened to me when my daughter was a baby. I could be out somewhere and I would hear crying in my ear. It’s our instinct to keep checking on our babies. If you feel overwhelmed talk to your doctor. Sometimes women get post partum depression. I had it.

Yes it is “Phantom Cries”.

1 Like

Perfectly normal :slightly_smiling_face: when I had my first I was in the shower (my mom was home as well) my son was taking a nap. All of a sudden I heard him screaming so bad! I flew out of the shower started getting myself together when I didn’t hear anything anymore. I peaked my head out and yelled to my mom asking if he was ok. “He’s fine, still sleeping” …that was the first time it happened to me but not the last. My youngest is almost 4 and I still hear my kids crying when they’re not :roll_eyes::rofl:

Normal when my 2 where babies id here them cry go running to them and relise hang on a minute there at the grandparents :woman_facepalming:

My kids are 11,7,&5. I’m constantly hearing “mom” but they haven’t said anything :joy:

Perfectly normal, especially early on, when you are hyper alert to your newborns needs. I’m not sure when, or if, this subsides for a mom. :pensive:

Totally normal girl just wait until you start hearing him say “mom!” but he’s in school :joy: :rofl:

1 Like

My 3rd is 9m and I still hear the phantom cries… even when I’m all alone…

This will happen no matter how many kids you have or how old they get I swear sometimes I still hear my 5 yo call me when I get in :sweat_smile:

This is a normal occurrence. At least I hope it is​:rofl: I still think I’m hearing crying from time to time, and my kids are 5 and 12…:joy:

It’s completely normal

Ahh, phantom cries :sob::sweat_smile:

My son is 6 years old… And i still hear it sometimes… I rush into his room when I think i hear him crying… Just to see that he’s peacefully asleep

My youngest is 6 and I still hear babies crying. If you have cats in the neighborhood it could be them.

1 Like

It’s the new mom jitters. You’re not crazy. We subconsciously worry when our babies are not in our sight even though we know they are ok.

I promise you its completely normal. It happens to all of us! I still do this even 5 years later😶

:100: normal lasts for a long time lol

My kids are 4,9,13&15. The only two that really talk to me or come crying to me are the younger two and it’s seldom but I hear one of the 4 call me or crying (baby crying so I assume it’s the 4yo) but nope, they all appear at the top of the stairs and all fine. I think it’s just wired into our mom brains to keep us on high alert…not helpful when you are in desperate need of some self-care/down time.

Yes…This happens to many if not most moms. Even if your baby is crying, let the sitter take care of them. That’s what they are there for right? Tell them if the baby starts crying and continues to cry, come and get you.

I think all moms do it! When my daughter was a bit younger I thought I heard her cry anytime I’d lay down to sleep if anyone but me was holding her! It’s a normal mom thing!

Happens all the time!

My kids are 8 and 6 and I still have gone in their room.and said “what” they look at me like I’m crazy my mom says she’ll be at a Walmart or what not alone and turn and hear one of her kids, 3 daughters say mom…youngest 39, lol…I hear it all the time and it’s crazy…I think its just our bond with our kids and as someone said no matter what age always being in tuned with their needs…

Normal im a first time mother too my little one is now 18 months and I swear I hear her all the time crying for me… good luck in the shower is all I’m saying :woman_facepalming:t5:

1 Like

They are called phantom cries… Totally normal … Its your new mom brain trying to make you feel like shit for taking a shower alone … Your all good tho its normal. My son is 6 and i swear i hear him calling my name EVERY SINGLE TIME i get in the shower but he never actually is :unamused: lol