My husbands cousins want him to go on a guy trip: Thoughts?

Sounds like ur husband needs a new wife u r way to controlling

6 Likes

He’s an adult. I’m sure he’s capable of making that decision for himself what kind of company he does and doesn’t want to keep

It not up to the guys what he does, it’s up to him. Trust him.

If you truly trust your husband like you say you do, then what’s the big deal? Me and my husband have been together for 12 years this year. For the last five years we have found this an important part of our sanity. I go on a mini vacation with the girls and he goes with the guys at different times so one of us stay with the kids. If he wanted to cheat, he would do it no matter who he is in the company of. But we’ve learned a couple of weekends a year away from each other and away from the “responsibilities” of life are good for the soul. It is true separation makes the heart grow fonder.
Also we never ASK each other for permission to go some where. It’s never he let me go or I let him go. We have a discussion about it and if he wants to go do something than he goes. We are grown adults who can make our own decisions.

6 Likes

Well I think all these comments are funny.people judging people. Been there but I would not want that kind of people around my man.i do think a week is alot. But my ? Would be let u go to your cousins to the beach for a week? I bet the answer is A BIG NO. Honey I would not be on Facebook asking these idiots advise about your marriage.u are asking people who actually cheat on their spouses.lol

6 Likes

Think your husband needs to go and maybe find another wife that allows him to go away with his cousins.

3 Likes

Let him go. Trust is a big thing in a marriage and u would know that being in 1 for 12yrs with a man u will not allow to go have a well deserved time away with his family. Trust him. You got a good man if he thinks of how u would react even though he knows he’s a man an looks after you and his family ( you and ur kids). Talk to him before hand. Not putting up with it is abit OTT.

2 Likes

Think he needs to kick you to the curb! What a life sucking creature you are! Selfish much?

2 Likes

I live in the UK and my husband went on a trip to do route 66 with his brother and friends for 3 weeks I trust my husband and it didn’t cross my mind he would do anything but enjoy himself we have 3 kids and it was him who called or messaged me nearly every day updating me with pictures too I was happy for him to go and enjoy some free time and when he got back we as a family took a holiday together let him go with his cousins its a week not forever some times that little break can do a husband and wife the world of good :grin:

6 Likes

Are you his wife or mother seriously???
If you trust HIM then let him go I mean if he was going to get up to no good he would do it no matter where he was or who he was around

3 Likes

What is it with the posts on this page recently :see_no_evil: at the end of the day, he has a life, he is entitled to one as are you. If my partner wanted to go on a lads holiday I’d be packing his bags for him! It’s not the other men you need to trust, it’s your husband. If you can’t do that I’m afraid there’s no advice. Let him go and blow off some steam!

1 Like

I be glad to get my husband out i would let him go peace and quiet mine is like a lost puppy dog lol

1 Like

He is your husband not your child stop treating him like one

If this was a man you would be ripped to shreds controlling behaviour is not cute hun

5 Likes

To start with, my question is did he already tell them you won’t let him go because your overly controlling, or because he doesn’t actually want to go? A lot of men use that as an excuse to get out of things they don’t want to do.
Secondly men need space just like us women do sometimes “absence makes the heart grow fonder” also comes to mind. But then I think a weekend trip now and then would be better than an entire week. Maybe try communicating with him about your worries, see how he feels about it all and if he actually wants to go, ask if he can suggest a weekend instead. I don’t know what holidays are like in America but over here in England my partner only gets 28 a year as well as his standard 2 days off on a weekend. I love him and I encourage him to go on a lads night out, do something with guy friends, actually I wish he would, but if he took an entire week off to go on a trip with the lads I would be passed, he has a family, we have 3 children, he has 4 from a past relationship that we have 50% of the time, his holidays should be used to spend more time with them, they are the most important things. A night out with the guys once a month is fine, a weekend away with his guy friends would be fine but if he stretched it to a week the door would be locked when he returns, be has priorities and I respect he needs space sometimes, I’d love a night away too but family comes first and there is no chance he’d be happy if I dumped the kids on him for a week to go off with the girls either he wouldn’t like me going for more than a night.
Communication is key to talking it through and finding a solution to suit you both :slight_smile:

1 Like

Control isn’t a form of love or respect. Either you trust him or you don’t. Perhaps you could use the time he is on a guys trip to seekers counseling for your underlying issues in order to heal from your own insecurities.

2 Likes

If he cleans his room and takes out the trash would you let him go out, mommy? SMH let him enjoy a week without you. Im sure he needs it lol

3 Likes

Wow! Just wow! You said you weren’t overbearing but he won’t go because he knows you won’t have it! It’s his family. Let him go. He’s will just be relaxing and having some catch up time with them. You don’t have to be a drinker to have fun. They are grown men, regardless of their social lives, let him enjoy himself without guilt and tiptoeing around you as that’s unfair

4 Likes

You seem like a real peach. Poor guy

2 Likes

Let the damn man go on the trip, sister

Wow. How does he put up with you? If I were him I’d leave wearing the clothes on my back!

3 Likes

Its a no from me Omar Fathallah

1 Like

All I saw was you’re insecure because some, not all, of his cousins stepped out…not even him but his cousins…and your poor husband doesnt have a life outside of you, the kids, and his work for 12 years?!?. Why do you assume that’s all he wants to do? Are you sure you aren’t a tiny tad jealous that it’s not you going on a week trip with the girls? Reverse the shoes and see how they fit. Men need space and they need socialization outside of their wives. As long as hes honest why should you worry?

3 Likes

Wow. Sounds like you don’t trust him. Has he ever done anything for you not to trust him? Would he want you to go on a girls trip? Or is that different for you?

2 Likes

If you were writing this is what your husband is like and he wouldn’t let you do something, there would be a mass of red flags going up telling you to ditch him for his controlling abusive behaviour.

He should not have to seek your permission, he is his own man.

1 Like

Honestly i woule be embarrassed with myself if my husband had to tell them sorry i cant go my wife says no. He is spending time with his family,regardless if it was family or his friends you cant control what he does and who he goes out with. That is him being in an abusive Controlling relationship thats not on.

1 Like

12 years is a long time to be together and think he will cheat after one week just because he’s around other guys that have. If he’s loyal to you and has never given you a reason not to trust him I don’t understand what the issue is. He deserves to have some fun and plus that’s his family…

4 Likes

He knows he can’t go because you won’t have it

:flushed:

Wow!

Control freak much

6 Likes

If you trust him I don’t see the problem with him going. If you don’t trust him then why are you with him. Hes an adult and so are you and you both should be able to have trips with friends or with realities with out it being a problem. He should have a guys trip and you should set up a girls trip.

2 Likes

Crazy insecure controlling wife… I would be ashamed to put a post up like this

4 Likes

Damn they’re his cousins, not just random people. Let him go to Miami with his family for a week

I’d let him go it just makes you seem insecure and controlling I’m afraid.

1 Like

Controllllllll. If it were me, I would have left your ass 12 years ago

He wants to go? Let him go. Trust him

2 Likes

Id let him go but id be going too! We live in a freezing cold place so if a trip to Miami is happening im GOING. but he can go do his own thing. Idc. Id be laid up on the beach with a mimosa with my kids and he can catch up later.

1 Like

Let him go an enjoy him self with his friends. Don’t be controlling!

1 Like

Let the poor dude go! It’s so important for guys to have guy time.

4 Likes

If roles were reversed we would be saying the husband is emotionally abusive.

4 Likes

That’s a grown man, your husband. TRUST him.

3 Likes

He’s going to start having regrets about his marriage to you. Then you gonna be sorry.

3 Likes

Let him go. If you trust your husband, he has good morals, you should be ok. Let him go.

2 Likes

If you trust him, give him at least a couple days.

1 Like

Ouch. This sounds really controlling. You seriously shouldn’t keep your husband from his family. You should be supportive and especially TRUSTING. If you feel you have to keep your eye on him when he is away from you, that shows tremendous insecurity. You have to nurture your marriage, you can’t treat him like a child that needs permission… I’m sorry I might sound harsh. There has to be trust and security in your marriage or you have nothing

4 Likes

I would hate to be married to you.

7 Likes

You need to trust your husband, not the ones he’ll be with… If you trust him you’ll know what he would and wouldn’t do… Sounds like the problem is that you have no trust in your husband…

3 Likes

If you have to say you’re not overbearing, it’s a lie. How dare you dictate what he can and can’t do with family he has lost touch with. You’re controlling, and make excuses for it. If YOU have issues with your husband having a social life that’s a YOU problem and should go to therapy. There is something inherently wrong with a grown man saying he’s not allowed to go on a vacation because his wife isn’t comfortable with it.

11 Likes

WOW…hes a GROWN man! Controlling much???

6 Likes

I am married 14 years, I would in all honesty let him go. He knows what he got to lose…all in all I would enjoy my peace with the kids. I really could careless if mine went for a month lol, sometimes ya just gotta let it be, and the balls in your court there, when he gets back you take a break. Honestly, sometimes I need a break from him so anyone who wants him for a week go for it or have I just been married too long​:grimacing::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Wow, you would be gone. 100%

3 Likes

Let him go on the trip and enjoy time with his friends. He is a grown man.

2 Likes

W-O-W!! Your insecurities are showing, you might want to tuck them in for a bit & Let that man go spend time with his family!

4 Likes

These sound like your insecurities you need to speak with him let him know how you feel but you should let him go if he wants to.

1 Like

Just because some bad “entanglements” while they were married does not mean they have low morals… people make mistakes, they are human. Let him go. So what if it is to the beach, a hotel, a bar, or whatever they decide. He hasn’t had 12 years of actual freedom. Let him go with his FAMILY.

2 Likes

Uummmm if this was reversed we’d all be saying something like 'he’s controlling you" or “leave him” ect…
You may not agree with their (extended familys) choices in life, but you do need to trust your husband. You haven’t given a good reason (IMO) as to why he shouldn’t be going.

2 Likes

Wow…you are a tad controlling. He is your husband yes…but dont treat him like a little kid… dont you trust him?..

1 Like

If you can’t trust your husband why are you even married???

1 Like

He is an adult. He can go on a trip… you’re his wife, not his mom.

7 Likes

They are his cousins why not let him go if your don’t trust your husband then why did you marry him?

1 Like

Holy moly!
Your husband deserves time away from you, And he also deserves to be trusted and valued. He isn’t a piece of property for you to control.
Work on those trust issues you have within yourself and I promise you, Your husband going away for a week with family won’t bother you in the slightest.

4 Likes

Damn. This has abusive written all over it. If you can’t trust your husband to behave, just say that.

He’s a grown adult who can make his own decisions. So he can decide to be a good man while away.

1 Like

You must be rich cause idk why anyone would put up with that kind of nonsense. I’ve had access try to keep me from seeing my family and let’s just say it did not turn out well for them

1 Like

Oh and by the way there is a lot more to Miami then just clubs and drinking and that is a very narrow-minded thing to think

3 Likes

You are very controlling. I feel so bad for ur husband im sure he can never do anything fun. Just because ur 40 doesnt meam you cant go out and do anything fun. Women do girl trips all the time and its ok. But if a man wants to do a guys trip it a bad thing. You dont even know these guys so who are you to judge.

4 Likes

Girl go plan ur own trip lighten up.

1 Like

How about if you wanted to do a girl trip he didn’t want you to how would you feel about that

1 Like

Um, I would LOVE for my SO to go on a weel trip away. I need time away from him, dang! &&& your husband needs and deserves a trip and a break! Stop being controlling, start trusting him.

4 Likes

I love how everyone is saying your controlling!:joy: Having an opinion abt what you will alow in your marriage is not controlling. Just have an open and honest conversation with your husband abt your feelings and worries. Communication is key! If the situation were to be reversed, you going out with the girls, some with questionable morals would he feel comfortable with the whole situation and why or why not? If he has the confort and trust in you to go and keep your morals high even though your around other people who do not. I feel he should be given the same respect. Marriage is all abt trust, honesty and respect. Lots of luck girl.

5 Likes

This whole post just screams of a super controlling personality. If you’re so concerned about what your husband of 12 years MIGHT BE TEMPTED to do, then maybe you shouldn’t be married. If he’s such a good partner, then it shouldn’t matter when or where, he would ALWAYS SAY NO.

Plan your own trip for the same time and lighten the heck up. Or if your controlling personality can’t let it go, then maybe there are some bigger issues you need to address.

4 Likes

Mg I pity this poor guy!..let the man go n enjoy himself wif his relatives!

3 Likes

Let him go everyone one deserves alone time! I go to Florida every year for a week with out kids or husband. I go with a bunch of girl friends

2 Likes

Just because a couple of his friends have loose morals doesn’t mean your husband does. He is responsible for his own actions. You should trust him and not worry about the others and let him go if he wants. Sounds like he has been a great husband. Don’t you think he deserves a break? Lol not like you can’t call him often and check in. The funeral likely reminded the guys how short life is. Living a little doesn’t mean he will cheat.

6 Likes

You can feel discomfort about the situation, that’s ok. Feelings arent wrong. What isn’t the right choice is to expect him to rise to your feelings and make choices so that you stay comfortable. If you trust your husband he needs to be allowed to spend time with family and be trusted that if a situation comes up that he knows isn’t right, he’ll bow out gracefully. Take more of the approach of “he knows what he’s got he’s not stupid enough to risk losing it” than “I have to stop him from getting in a situation where he could let temptation get the best of him”. If you have to be so in control at all times, you don’t trust him and/or you went into it knowing he’s not trustworthy. If he is trustworthy…for the love of everything let him walk out the door without a leash.

2 Likes

If you love and trust him let him go

3 Likes

Have faith and let him go! Maybe plan a girls trip the same week and go to a local beach or something 🤷

2 Likes

Omg so judgy on here. Yet u all will be the first ones to say “why would u ever let him go” when her next post starts off with “my man cheated on me during a guys get away” :roll_eyes: darling you are at war with yourself and that is ok. You feel uncomfortable with this situation and that is also ok. You put alot of thought in it and factored in his feelings as well as your own so its apparent you are not a selfish person. You made alot of valid points here but ultimately this conversation needs to be between you and your husband. He does deserve this but you deserve to be at peace with it. If you have a sturdy relationship it can take the hard conversations. Just make sure your approach is genuine. Just know that after you discuss it, he is still going to want to go. At some point you will need to trust him to be the man you married when you are not around.

10 Likes

Life is short. They probably all realized that at the funeral. Let him go

1 Like

Feel very bad for your other half, if roles were reversed it would be called emotional abuse, give him a life, not many guys would put up with you

I just booked a 5 day trip girl trip to Orlando without my man. If he stopped me, I’d be going single and we’ve we together 7 years.
I’ve been there but you can’t stop a man from cheating, if that’s what he going to do. It will always be somewhere. I always give enough rope and hope for the best.

From these comments I can tell alot of you aren’t married, probably never have been! When you are married you cant just hang out with anyone… family or not. I know for a fact my husband would care about me hanging out with a few females I did before we were married. You should care about the company you keep if you respect your union. Family can be toxic too. No married man should be going on a week trip, a weekend is fine. Everyone needs their time away, you still have to be your own individual person… feeling a way or voicing your opinion is not controlling or not trusting your spouse. Some things change when you get married…they’re suppose to. :roll_eyes:

9 Likes

You have trust issues. Smothering him won’t help. What if the shoe was on the other foot? What if he was posting the same about you?

Let him go. Men need space too. If he doesn’t even drink im not sure what your worried about. Trust your husband. If you can’t trust him to be away from you for a few days then why are you married to him?

1 Like

Ben’s going to Texas with navy buddies and I said go and have a great time!

1 Like

Maybe have him go fishing if he likes it. You don’t have to go all the way to Miami to have fun experiences. I’d focus on doing things together. That’s how we bond when we have fun together

Dang woman lighten up! Trust your man. Trust your marriage.
He probably needs time away we all do.
I’m sure you would benefit too.

1 Like

What does “my husband has already said he knows he can’t go cause I do not have it” mean?
Honestly, how those other men are does not reflect your husband. Maybe he wants to be able to reconnect considering the situation that brought them back together. Shame on you for acting like a child about it. He’s a grown ass adult and you should back off.

Ew, This whole vibe is gross. If you don’t have trust, you have nothing.

1 Like

LOL girl… get a grip! Hes gonna end up with an entanglement himself if you dont get over yourself. Just bc orhers do doesnt mean he will. You married him so you’re supposed to trust him. Hes a grown ass man who needs friendships outside your marriage. He needs to be able to go and do as he pleases n guess what! If he cheats (which I’m sure would be the last thing on his mind) then why the hell would you stay. Even better if you think he would n are so worried about it why did you marry him? Get over yourself and let that poor man have a life before he meets a woman who is secure enough to not keep him hostage and have him thinking she “wont have it” over things he wants to do.

“Let”, “allow”, “won’t have any of that” sound like words/phrases we would use with our children. Our husbands are grown men. The have a brain. When you marry it’s not one person owning another, it’s 2 people coming together because of love and respect. Why be with someone that doesn’t love you enough or respect you enough to mot cheat on you? Besides as you say, he is a good dad and husband. If cheating happens, it’ll happen in Miami or in your hometown. If you have concerns talk to him, he is your husban, tell him your concerns, and the fact that you worry is because you love him. If he wants to go then he should. He’ll take your concern and that’ll be a guidance for him and he’ll feel loved and on his own call you throughout the day. Schedule when he’ll call to talk to you and the girls, that way he is not answering the phone every 5 minutes in the middle of lunch, dinner. We sometimes mistake our husbands as another child - yes, they can be at times childish but I believe it’s because they like being taken care of.- He is your husband, your friend - best friend- your companion. Plan a weekend away with you and him or even as a family so you can have something to look forward to. Communication is the best tool in marriage, and as another person commented should he find himself in a compromising situation he’ll know to bow out and head home to where the love of his life are - you and your girls. Good luck with this and many blessings to you and your family.

2 Likes

Ok your really controlling. you cant smother him and treat him like a kid. I honestly dont see why hes even still married to you if you dictate everything’s he can and cant do.

4 Likes

My husband has a “man week/weekend” once a year. I think they deserve a break just as much as we do. He works his ass off all day to provide for our family, then he comes home and is around the kids and cooks and helps clean.
It doesn’t matter if you trust the other people. If you trust your husband he should be able to do anything he wants to.

1 Like

I hope he leaves your over bearing ass. You way too insecure in to in a marriage

It seems like you are kind of overbearing. What does it matter what they do on a guys’ trip? If you trust him let him go and enjoy his time with his cousins. You’d probably be upset if you missed out on an opportunity like that because he didn’t like who you were going with

My advice would be for him to leave you immediately, you sound toxic :woman_facepalming:

Him making a choice not to go because of x,y, and z is one thing but “he knows he can’t go cause I will not have it” is literally insane. Because other people make bad decisions doesn’t mean your husband will.

There are plenty of things to do in Miami other than bars and strip clubs.

3 Likes

You are not his mother. Stop trying to be. He is an adult. If his morals are so easily led astray you are with the wrong man. If you cannot trust him, you have other issues.

1 Like

I swear people in this group don’t know how to be nice y’all sound like some assholes the stuff your saying to her if you don’t have any good advice keep that shit to yourself this group is supposed to be for support and healing uplifting each other ask for advice but damn some of y’all are evil with your reply’s it’s so unnecessary

You sound controlling af !! Let that man go enjoy himself ! If it was the other way around and he asked that question everyone would be saying to leave because it’s abusive or controlling .

2 Likes

Oh my goodness sakes… really!!! what would you think if he told you that you couldn’t go!!! Come on!

If you don’t have trust you don’t have anything

1 Like

Why do ppl really put their life story out in public for advice?..only to be criticized… :thinking::roll_eyes:

Let him go have have a break especially if he’s never given you any reason to not trust him