My Mother-In-Law Comes Over Every Single Day & I'm Losing It: Advice?

Totally understand it. :grimacing:

1 Like

I don’t know if you are a sex and the city fan, but, if so, do you happen to remember the episode where Charlotte’s mother-in-law (bunny) kept coming over? All it took was one time of her mother-in-law walking in while Charlotte was having sex with Trey (bunny’s son) and bunny never came over unannounced again…All it took was a pony ride​:joy::joy::joy:

Put your foot down or it will get worse

1 Like

Do a last second thing and take you the kids and him to the park :joy::joy:

Oh shit your screwed if he is a mamas boy! Just sit n talk with her. This sounds like Everybody loves Raymond :rofl::joy:does she have a husband? I couldn’t handle this!!!

Suck it up .her life is short .ok.

Tell your husband to tell her or you will and just be up front.

Damn what id do to have someone coming around me and my kid all the time …

I’d tell my hubbs to handle it

Let her think your going out of town for weekends

Tell her to go home or simply say “FUCK OFF”

1 Like

maybe she’ll see THIS post lol👏

Stand your ground now or he will never let go

1 Like

First. Problem mamas boy

It’s just a phase and she will change soon. Keep the peace if she is not causing conflict and arguments when she is there. If she is her coming over will have to be immediately addressed. If not make small COMMENTS about her being busy and her time is important to do other things. A hint to the Wise is Sufficient be creative to bring it up. It’s not what you say it’s how you say it.

l think u should talk to your husband first

Girl shut uppppp you married him had kids with him like this isn’t new.

I don’t think I’d burn that bridge .

1 Like

Your Mom is a Rockstar !!!

Mine never comes over

Be honest. Tell them both.

Get a job and let mother watch the kids

play like you are not home…

Get rid of the boy…

Lay down the law. It’s your home!

My mom was kinda this person, so was my grandma. It drove my boyfriend INSANE. We fought about it a few times because i didn’t want to admit what they were doing was overstepping - looking back I think it’s because my sons bio dads family abandoned him completely so I felt ok with my family like over compensating for the lack of the other side - eventually I heard him out and I put my foot down. I told them they were more than welcome to come over but NOT uninvited. They had to call ahead of time and make plans and if my answer was no because we need family time then the answer is no. My grandma still struggles with this because there is no level of respect with her unfortunately… thankfully she’s seen me irritated enough time to be afraid of me though LOL so she still tries to push her last minute plans on me but if I stand firm on no then she backs down and doesn’t attempt to come over uninvited.

This is definitely something that needs to be discussed. He may not take it well just like me, but stand your ground. Be firm but not mean. Let him know how it makes you feel. These things are important to communicate. If he still doesn’t get it, I would go ahead and have the conversation lightly with his mom.

Enjoy every Minute of it,she might not be here tomorrow !!!

Can you talk to her?

Don’t be home? Idk🤷‍♀️

Tell her to stop like told mine

I would love for an adult woman to love us so much she literally wants to spend everyday with us. Be grateful. If you need a break from her ask her to keep the kids for a day and have some you time. She’ll likely be delighted at the opportunity instead of offended by your annoyance with her love

29 Likes

You have only yourself to blame!! You didn’t set limits and boundaries. Seems like another Raymond, who’s afraid of his mother.
You need to have a serious conversation with your husband and both of you confront the woman.
My problem was I like my mother-in-law, I just couldn’t stand her lazy, worthless, son, so I dumped him!!!

Is this a comment about me

Could be sucking it up would benefit your marriage. Never get between a man and his mother.

1 Like

Unless if nibanoko???

Lock the door don’t answer the phone they need boundaries I moved to another city 3 hours away to set mine up with some strict ass boundaries she’s not respecting you as the wife and that will cause issues in the end

Suck it up. She won’t always be around

My friends mum started asking if it was ok to come over when she caught them having sex in the kitchen…maybe try that!

DEF say something or else u Will be sucking up your feelings in regards to her for like ever. I know from experience lol

I feel this, except its a grown step son not a in law. :neutral_face::woman_shrugging:t3:

Im clingy like being round people

If you don’t ask for what you want, you won’t get it…

I’m not gonna lie it wouldn’t bother me everyone different tho

Just tell her you want some space no need to act like it’s a huge deal. She probably doesn’t see any harm in it. My grandma always came over when we were kids and we loved it and I remember my mom always complaining and thinking how horrible she was to say such things about grandma.
Don’t be petty. Be an adult and just ask her to maybe call before popping in. Its not really an issue. Many of us don’t have the luxury of parents that care to help so it sounds like you’re complaining about a good thing.

Some of you bitxhes reallllllyyyy need help. You won’t have husband’s very long the way yall act about his mother!!

:face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting: jjst rip the bandaid off and tell her ur starting a new scheduke amd uts crucial that she pick one day a week she’d like to visit the kids so can focus in some things . She shoukd get the hint … its honest… and nice. Thats what I did.

Just be blessed to have her. I lost my beautiful mother in law 29 years ago. I miss her everyday. I would love to have her in my house everyday just one more time.

11 Likes

Did you marry his mother too? Looking for a polyamorous relationship ? Did you say I do to her at your wedding. Nip it in the bud. Now.

10 Likes

There is nothing wrong with wanting to have just your own family time and no one shluld make you feel otherwise. That doesn’t mean you dont want your mother n law around just not all the time. I would def talk to her. See if you cant come up with a compromise. She just might not even realize.

2 Likes

I mean, no good advice because I live with my MIL and I thank the heavens for her every single day.
But, if it bothers you…tell her to call before she stops by because you want some days for yourself and your family.
Thats my best advice…but also, you’re going to miss those days your MIL came over. Its going to be quiet in your home one day. She is family too. She’s actually the one that started your family.

2 Likes

Try to find compassion…I was faced with the same issue. It helps to remind ones self that in death none of this shit matters and you’ll kick yaself for letting it get to you…

1 Like

Go on dates with your husband and take advantage of the free built in nanny!

You should talk to your husband and come up with boundaries together. If that doesn’t work, I say use this to your advantage, start making date nights/days with your hubby & have g-ma watch the kiddos. If you’re hubby isn’t up for it, then you go out and have a daughters day date and then next day have a switch to a sons day date, or even just have a me day where you can enjoy a meal without distractions of anyone. :wink: don’t look at the negative side, look at the positive side of it all!

Tread carefully and kindly. I’d advise to think about exactly what you think is acceptable before approaching the subject. Then frame it nicely in casual conversation to get the idea out there, don’t burn bridges. A good sitter is hard to find, a safe place for kids is priceless so maybe y’all to her about having private time with the family and how you really want that, maybe even have her take kids when your husband gets home from work to give you a few hours. Maybe she would love to feed them for you then bring them back for an hour in the evening to say goodnight to her son. Is she lonely? Give her some things she can help with, maybe ask for her to take kids or sit at home for you and you can get out.

I respect my husband enough that I would never be as jealous of his mother as this woman is of her mother in law. Be grateful that someone cares about you enough to be invested in your lives. Geez. My dad died and Id give anything for him to come over every single day. Sigh…

I am long divorced from a mama’s boy. Now, I actually do a lot of work with Seniors. Maybe she needs some friends her own age. Is there an active community senior center nearby? Can you check it out? Ours has lots of free activities, trips, Bingo, Yoga, Senior Zumba, Tai Chi, Chair Exercise, watercolor classes, educational presentations, parties, etc. We even provide some door to door transportation and outreach services. We’ve had timid, lonely seniors join and then blossom after making friendships. We’ve had grieving spouses join who later went on to fall in love and marry another member. Frequently, a senior’s adult child or daughter in law will bring them in for a first visit to check the place out. Sometimes they are resistant…but most quickly adapt and have a great time. Right now, our center must follow mandated social distancing and room capacity mandates, but we are managing really well. It’s very important for older adults to remain active and socialize. Churches and Temples also have active social groups for Seniors that might be great for your mother in law. Maybe you could check it out and talk it over with your husband? Maybe he could encourage her and check it out with her?

1 Like

If it was your mother coming around everyday would you feel the same?

2 Likes

Communication is key sis let your husband know that you feel some type of way. Especially the fact that y’all are married boundaries do need to be set. I’m currently going through the same thing but with my brother in law instead and it was kind of hard for me to bring up the topic but then again it takes two to tango so I had to take the first step to communicate it out and go from there. Do keep in mind regardless of him being a mommas boy, you guys have a family to build. How can you correctly build a family if there’s an unwanted guest that has gotten too comfortable squeezing in

I was too i was at grammas house all the time my dad died and my mom could not do it with out her parents picking up the slack a m d wr were better off for it. But gramma never complained about us calling to say that we were going to go somewhere with out her… she was probably grateful…lol qe would call and plan with her so she k ew when we were going places or when we were comming over etc and kept open communication daily. I can remember calling her every morning g before school so she could ask how u sleep or did u get your homework done etc and ti tell me have a good day. My other gram I only saw for short period of time one day as she drive through town. As an adult I liked the maternal gramma more but love them just as much

Start traditions. Like Wednesday is family only night. And make Friday date night. Which means when she comes over, you and your husband leave. You could set boundaries like, the last hour before bed, no company the night before a school day. Like no company after 7 Sunday thru Thursday. Maybe take everyone to her house on Saterday or Sunday afternoon. So you can take your family and leave. It may be hard to start. But you can drop words like “healthy boundaries” and “respect.”

I had the same problem with mine, I ended up leaving, I wish i woulda handled it differently because i lost 2 and a half years with my husband, she still has no clue , but she hates me anyway, we get our 25th anniversary in 2 weeks, we just recently decided to give it one more try

Take her, and only her, out to lunch and just TALK TO HER!!! Make some plans to have family time and just designate that day away from home . She will understand. Give her a chance by talking to her.

Quit whining girl. My mother in law went to prison for trying to stab someone with scissors over drugs. Be great full she cares.

Say something but to him not her because it’s something he should’ve already took care of knowing that that’s your homs

Lock your door, dont let her in without plans yeah it makes you a bitch its worth your sanity

Never judge a book by its cover, I had always talked rubbish about the spiritual healers because i was living a luxurious life with my husband and kids. I never believed that anyone can solve someone’s problems. I could rudely reply to the posts about the healers with insults little didi know that one day they will help me. It started when a strange disease attacked one of my kid for almost eight months. I visited all the hospitals in South Africa but the doctors couldn’t see the disease. I went to pastors, Sheiks, Sisters, and priests but couldn’t see any change. I sold all of my properties and lost my business because I was charged lots of money. I went back to Zero. My husband was used to a luxurious life since he was coming from a rich family. He started losing interest in me, disrespected me, insulted me in our kids’ presence, all my in-laws hate me. I had no shoulder to cry on.I was left with no hope. The most heartbreaking part is when my husband started cheating on me with one of the member of Parliament which I won’t mention her name. I got depressed and tried to commit suicide until when my friend asked me to contact papa marere . I had lost hope and besides didn’t trust healers. I called them scammers. My friend used his cellphone and called her. She gave him a date to go to her office and on that date, my friend picked me very early in the morning and took me there. I explained everything to her. She asked us to go back and bring the sick kid and we did so. She cast her spells and after a few hours, my son was healed. After 24 hours my husband came back home and apologized to me. he gave me a ring for my business and as I speak now am not complaining. I got back everything.+2348109805184 is his number for help. Email him via ( marerespells@gmail. com ) he is INCREDIBLE.

Move. Don’t leave a forwarding address.

2 Likes

Take advantage of date nights, free babysitter!!!

Never marry a mommas boy!

Answer the door naked

2 Likes

…you could also try getting over yourself​:woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging:

I have no answer just like reading the comments :rofl:

let your husband talk to her

Watch everybody loves Raymond…:rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Suck it up n be grateful

Pray And Talk To Yr Paster

Talk to your husband

Wow… thats family… you got issues.

1 Like

Start inviting your mother over on the opposite days :joy: I think he’ll get it then bah ha ha aha

1 Like

Send her by me…I need some help…

Sounds like Everybody Loves Raymond.

Send the grandkids to her house a couple of times a week

Get a job let her take care of things…

She probably just need family rn.

Ughh sounds like the story of my life they over stay

U gonna have to talk to ur husband and tell him u want some time to urself get it done

Treasure every moment.

I wish my mil was still alive I loved her and miss her everyday

Suck it up butter cup

Talk to hubby to talk to mom.

She just feeling lonely ,

Collet Baird your advice is needed​:joy::joy:

I love my Mommy in law

Count your blessings and let Grandma visit.

1 Like

Thank God I don’t have a DIL like some of you!!

2 Likes

Appreciate having a family :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

Damn bro that sucks :woman_facepalming:t4: I wouldn’t say anything so you guys don’t have problems…I would just make it maybe to where she can’t just show up or just figure out another way :weary::weary::weary::weary::woman_shrugging:t3::woman_shrugging:t3::woman_shrugging:t3:

Just tell her Bitch you in My space lol We need 2 talk🤣

1 Like

Be an adult and confront her…

Sorry but I’d love to have my mother in law around. She and my father in law have both passed. If she’s in your space maybe give her wee jobs to do that keep her out of your hair. We did that when my father in law drove my hubby up the wall. Worked well!! Enjoy that they want to be with you and the kids get to see their grandparents. One day they’ll be gone and the kids will have memories

1 Like