When is the best time to take a pregnancy test?

You got 6 days before you’re supposed to start then start thinking about it … either you are or not always try next month …. When you’re thinking about it the least is when it will happen … relax n go with the flow n more than will happen sooner than later :relaxed:

Wait until your period is late, then take the test

Wait to see if you get your period

I hope you get the outcome your hoping for. :pray:

Sound like early pms to me

Vomiting and nauseous within 2 weeks of becoming pregnant? Are you inferring that you think you already have “morning sickness” before actually missing a period? I’ve never heard of that before, but I’m sure someone will say it is possible. It generally takes 4 weeks before your body produces enough hormones to detect on a pregnancy test and also alter your body significantly to cause said morning sickness. You can take a $1 test from Dollar Tree the week after your 1st missed period and it should be accurate, at least with all 3 of my pregnancies, which were all boring and by the book, I could. Never understood why anyone pays for expensive tests when the cheap ones work perfectly fine! Never had a false positive or negative, missed period, took test, said positive, resulted in a baby. Also, the latter was true for me, twice I thought I might be, came back negative and that was also true. Not pregnant, only have 3 children! I would go to the doctor about your vomiting and nausea!! The 18th to the 1st, is less than 14 days and still 6 more before your period should start, way too early for morning sickness, sounds like a mild food poisoning, virus, or bacteria.

That far out you only have a 40 ish percent chance of a positive even with the early tests. Wait a few days and test again

3 Likes

Just wait a week after your period is due n if it doesn’t come then take a test.

I honestly didn’t have any symptoms of pregnancy in all 3 of my pregnancies until around the 6th to 8th week. And I never had a positive test before my missed period.

I found out 8 days before my expected period. No symptoms at all until about two weeks after with being super boated

It could be that the hormones just arent strong enough yet to trigger a positive result everyone is different. I started to feel different 1-2 weeks along and got a positive result at 3 weeks pregnant

They have tests you can take up to 6 days before your missed period.

Way to early and because it’s on your mind all the time your body can play tricks on you trust me we tried 8 years to get pregnant (I have pcos) so I’m a pro :joy: I don’t know how many time I was feeling sick and really tired yet was not pregnant, then we give up and boom I fell pregnant and I had no morning sickness I wasn’t tired!

I found out about 3 days before my period. On that day it was a super light positive, then the next day more defined. Just hold off 3 days before testing again and try to go first thing in the morning, your hormones will be more potent if it’s your first urine of the day.

I had a pregnancy test done with blood work for an operation. I was 48 menopausal for 2yrs. My test came back positive. It was false but my hormones were messed up. They told me I was 2 weeks. I had triple by pass 9 weeks earlier and hadn’t had sex in 9 weeks. My husband laughed so hard. I ended up having to have a ultra sound to prove I wasn’t.

Too early to tell from a test but sounds like your body is giving you the signs! Wait till the day of your missed period and save some money on those tests:)

I had everything but the gassy part. I would wait at least a week than test.

I was in the same fertile window in April and tested positive may 2nd. June has one less day. Bet you test positive tomorrow.

1 Like

It varies. At home pregnancy tests are not 100% accurate anyway. They measure a particular hormone and if that’s not strong enough, it will say you aren’t pregnant even if you are. I took one early on and it came back negative. I took another 2 weeks later and it was positive, and I’m now 8 months pregnant. If you are super concerned, go to a Dr and get a real blood test done and find out 100%. You can easily convince your body you’re pregnant with hope if you aren’t, and end up with symptoms of pregnancy when you aren’t pregnant as well (I’ve done this a few times).

I took a test the day before my period was due and it was negative, I took another 3 days after my period was due to start and had an ever so faint positive. I got a blood test done and it was still too early to confirm (ended up having 4 in total) but the lines in the pregnancy test got brighter with each day. Everyone will be different but found the positive lines were more bold in the morning

I knew I was pregnant when I didnt feel any of that coming and took the test 2 days after missed period. Usually I get some feeling that the time of the month is coming days prior.

1st pregnancy i was late and then i noticed a few days to probably about a week my boobs were super sore, and im currently 18 weeks pregnant but with this one I couldnt remember my last period and i ended up being 6 weeks pregnant. Different signs, i felt more tired then normal is always felt hungery and i was pretty moody lol. I would wait till the day after to take a test and if it still negative and you still didnt get your period wait a few more days or go see a doctor and see if they can do a blood test cause everyone is different, but good luck

Wait to take another one… we new my daughter was pregnant but it took her till she was 12 weeks along before the pregnancy test became positive…she took tons of them… all negetive… then finally it came out positive… we new exactly when she ovulated and when she concieved.

Wait a day after missed period.

Always tested positive 4days before missed period.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How can I open up more to my partner? - Mamas Uncut

When you have missed a period. Some tests allow like 5 days before a missed period.

Usually about 2 weeks but some may be able to get a positive around 10 dpo.

In the am first pee most concentrated as early as 1-2 weeks late

1 Like

I test about a week after I miss my period.

2 weeks for a strong result.

1 Like

Wait until your missed period, or a couple days before your missed period

2 weeks, 1st pee of the morning

I would wait at least two weeks. Take your test first thing in the morning with your first pee.

When u have missed ya period

2 Likes

I would wait until the day you expect to start your period. Testing earlier just can cause unnecessary stress from my experience.

2 Likes

Best result would be when your period is supposed to be or after. That gives the most clear result n

The test will say when it can detect pregnancy. Some of them say a week before ur missed period. In my opinion there’s no reason to stress yourself out tho until you are late on your period. Otherwise I think you’d just be wasting money on tests and it really could be nothing.

I have tested between 6-9 days with all 3 kids.

I had accurate tests with testing before my missed period

First thing in the morning get up and pee on the stick. Lol usually about 2 weeks after conception…

I did a day before my period was suppose to come first thing in the morning because I was feeling sick already and it was positive. Most are a few days before your missed period.

My body gives me all the symptoms of pregnancy like a week later I swear however, you’re supposed to wait till you miss your period

1 Like

The earlier I test I stress bc it’s negative. I also get anxious from waiting. So I just test until my period starts or 3 days after I’m supposed to

Wait until your period is due. Taking them to early, especially an early detection test, can just make you sad for no reason if it’s negative. Even early results tests only work if implantation has happened and implantation takes between 6-12 days. Good luck!

1 Like

After you have missed your period

I did a weekly test it wast negative. But the 1st day I missed my period it was positive. Now I’m 9 weeks pregnant.

Id wait till closer to your period. I tested the day before (im a 3rd shifter so I was almost done with my shift and took one and it gave me a positive for my 4th)

Beginning to mid August

14 days after the sex is the soonest with best accuracy

12 days after period is due

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How can I open up more to my partner? - Mamas Uncut

when you miss your period and first wee of the day

Also take it 1st thing in the morning. Your 1st wee of the day :joy::rofl::woman_facepalming:

Its best to wait at least 10 days or even better when period is due

I tested the day after my period was supposed to start. Negative. A week after my period was suppose to start, positive. Also, I’ve heard testing first thing in the morning is best.

5 Likes

It takes at least 5-6 weeks for hcg to show up on a pregnancy test. I had to wait 5.5 weeks until I had my faint positive. After the 6th week, I was able to see more and then went to get my pregnancy confirmed. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: good luck!!

3 Likes

I knew I was pregnant before my test showed I was positive because I was having all the symptoms of being pregnant. BUT I was so impatient and would take one once a week :joy:. Took a little over a month before it showed a positive result.

2 Likes

I tested negative at 2 1/2 weeks with my son and positive at 3 weeks

Test when you are expecting your next period or you can get a negative result from it being to soon.

1 Like

I’ve taken tests 2-3 days before my missed period with all 3 of my kids. They showed up VERY positive every single time.

4 Likes

I’d wait til the 1st day of your missed period unless you want to get one of the “fancy” ones to test a few days before. If it’s negative, try again in 3-5 days, then in another 3-5 days to be extra sure.

1 Like

At least 10 days, but 14 days would be more accurate usually.

I was 2 months when I found out with both of my kids. Didn’t miss a period until I was 3 months. And that was before I ever got close to having a period the next month. So I took the test about 2 weeks after my last period.

I was 11 weeks by the time I found out with my 3rd. It wasn’t until my daughter kept standing on her head type thing that I finally broke down and took a test… now 29 weeks with my 2nd daughter and don’t regret it at all :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’m pretty sure It takes two+ more weeks for the hormone that the pregnancy test detects to show up.

1 Like

At least a month out. And take the tests in the mornings helps. :slight_smile: I took at least 10 tests with my son and I couldn’t get a test to come back positive. I finally got a positive test result after more than 2 months out. With my daughter I tested positive within a month of getting pregnant . My son wasn’t planned my daughter was…

I had a positive test result with my daughter the day I was supposed to start my period

1 Like

2 days before missed period is the standard I believe

I found out with my 2 and 3rd after 4 weeks of unprotected sex. We were trying so I was constantly taking test as soon as I could.

I tested positive at 2 weeks 3 days. Went for blood work the next day and she confirmed from my last period I was 2 weeks 4 days pregnant Test whenever you feel off :slightly_smiling_face:

3 weeks max, HCG should be able to show

I would wait till you have a missed period.

I had a positive test the day my period was due.

1 Like

I tested after my first missed period.

Wait until after your period is supposed to happen. That will give the most “accurate” reading.

The earliest you can get a positive is 9 DPO

1 Like

I tested 3 days after missing my period it was positive

I was there weeks with my son when I found out.

I had an irregular period so I didn’t test until my boobs hurt. I was about 6 weeks

1 Like

With my 3rd daughter I tested about a week an a half after my fertility window and it was positive. Super faint but the lines were there

I didn’t get a positive until 4 weeks

with my son i was 3-4 weeks pregnant (about 1-2 weeks post conception) when i got a positive

If you’re not late then wait till you are.

2 Likes

I tested negative at three weeks but was completely positive at five

I waited 4 weeks. I didn’t want to jinx it and I wanted that dark purple line lol

first morning pee first day of your missed period…otherwise u may get a false negative

2 Likes

Mine was positive after a few weeks. We were trying both times.

After you forget your birth control and have sex anyway…

After you know you’ve missed your period

Once your period is due. We conceived around December 13-18, and I got a faint positive on January 7. I was 4 weeks and some odd days pregnant.

This question was asked a few days ago. Literally same question…. I don’t think the answer will change :roll_eyes:

1 Like

First morning pee is the best time to take one but i would wait til closer to ur next period to see if u might be pregnant

1 Like

When you think you might be pregnant :grin:

At least 5 to 6 weeks after you had sex

2 weeks after intercourse

I would wait until right after your missed period.

1 Like

Whatever you do… get a dollar store test.

1 Like

Wait at least 21 days after unprotected sex